Barack Obama's presidency in 12 images

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#201 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="Laihendi"] Obama lost millions of votes and dozens of electoral votes from 2008 to 2012. If this trend continues then the GOP will win with a landslide in 2016. The interesting part is that GOP support is declining as well, just not nearly as fast as the democrats. At the same time, the libertarian party is the fastest growing party in the country. All of these things indicate that the 5th party system is coming to an end, which is not surprising considering how long it has been in place. The 6th party system is going to be the republicans and the libertarians.Laihendi

Can't wait to see these sources

The Libertarian Party is America's third largest and fastest growing political party.

source

While Democrats are rightfully celebrating their historic hoodwinking of the electorate on November 6, there is a curious fact that is worth considering:

Barack Obama pulled in about 7 million fewer votes in 2012 than in 2008:

• 2008:  66,882,230
  • 2012:  59,971,178
  • 6,911,052 Net Loss of votes

True, Mitt Romney drew 1 million fewer votes than John McCain managed in 2008; still, that means that Obama lost a net of about six million votes in four years!

source

There are big changes that are going to happen soon.

Psst, lai

I asked for sources in which support for  the dems are declining at a faster rate than the GOP. As well as a source detailing the victories and defeats for the Democrats in 2016. Not some basic math trajectories any fifth grader can do. 

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#202 Laihendi
Member since 2009 • 5872 Posts

[QUOTE="Laihendi"]

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"] Can't wait to see these sourcesDroidPhysX

The Libertarian Party is America's third largest and fastest growing political party.

source

While Democrats are rightfully celebrating their historic hoodwinking of the electorate on November 6, there is a curious fact that is worth considering:

True, Mitt Romney drew 1 million fewer votes than John McCain managed in 2008; still, that means that Obama lost a net of about six million votes in four years!

source

Psst, lai

I asked for sources in which support for  the dems are declining at a faster rate than the GOP. As well as a source detailing the victories and defeats for the Democrats in 2016. Not some basic math trajectories any fifth grader can do. 

Obama lost 7 million votes from 2008. Romney lost 1 million from what McCain got. That makes it pretty obvious support for the democrats is dropping faster than for the GOP.
-Fromage-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#203 -Fromage-
Member since 2009 • 10572 Posts
I dont get it.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 DroidPhysX

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"]

The Libertarian Party is America's third largest and fastest growing political party.Laihendi

source

source

Psst, lai

Obama lost 7 million votes from 2008. Romney lost 1 million from what McCain got. That makes it pretty obvious support for the democrats is dropping faster than for the GOP.

Bush gained 12 million more voters in 2004. Kerry only gained 9 million over what gore gained. With this trajectory, I can only conclude that the Republicans will win in a landslide in 2008.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
sourceLaihendi
"John W. Lillpop is a recovering liberal. Clean and sober since 1992 when last he voted for a Democrat. Pray for John: He lives in the San Francisco Bay Area, where people like Nancy Pelosi are actually considered normal!." At any rate 2012 had around 5 million less people vote in the election than 2008 as well. Obviously this trend will continue and eventually no one will vote because that's apparently how trends work, right?
tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#206 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21653 Posts

[QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

[QUOTE="hartsickdiscipl"]

Ending world hunger and poverty would be great.  Let's focus on ending poverty in our own country first.  

hartsickdiscipl

I agree completely, hey look at this a liberal like myself and hart find some common ground. Now what ideas do you have to get us there? I think we should convert the welfare program into a jobs training program. We feed you for 6 months and teach you a skilled trade in that same time frame. Also partner with businesses to see what their needs are and how we can train people to meet them. 

That does sound better than what we have going on currently.  It might even filter out those who are truly just too lazy to carry their own weight.  

No that's not. You do realize that training will cost more money right?....
whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

I'm not? But I conquered all of Europe as France in Europa Universalis III ;_;

Aljosa23
Didn't expect to get a chuckle out of this thread but ya got me :P
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 Laihendi

[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]

Psst, lai

DroidPhysX

Bush gained 12 million more voters in 2004. Kerry only gained 9 million over what gore gained. With this trajectory, I can only conclude that the Republicans will win in a landslide in 2008.

Obviously Bush set the GOP back with his massive unpopularity, but I am expecting Obama's approval rating to drop as low or lower by the end of his term. It's going to be a disaster.
Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#209 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Those are some cool images, although it's very biased and is only focusing on the negative. 

XanderKage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#210 XanderKage
Member since 2006 • 8956 Posts

This seems biased...

I just get that feeling.

Wasdie

Gee, what gave you that idea.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 DroidPhysX
[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] Obama lost 7 million votes from 2008. Romney lost 1 million from what McCain got. That makes it pretty obvious support for the democrats is dropping faster than for the GOP.Laihendi

Obviously Bush set the GOP back with his massive unpopularity, but I am expecting Obama's approval rating to drop as low or lower by the end of his term. It's going to be a disaster.

The trajectory said otherwise, bro
MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts
lol, this clusterf*ck thread is still active
Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#213 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

lol, this clusterf*ck thread is still activeMrPraline

OT has been a yawn the last few days. What do you expect.

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts

[QUOTE="MrPraline"]lol, this clusterf*ck thread is still activejimkabrhel

OT has been a yawn the last few days. What do you expect.

Hah. Sad. I'm always amused by Dees Illustration's political satire so I made a collection of Obama pics as a joke after a long day. Serious threads die a lot faster lol
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 Laihendi

[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="DroidPhysX"] Bush gained 12 million more voters in 2004. Kerry only gained 9 million over what gore gained. With this trajectory, I can only conclude that the Republicans will win in a landslide in 2008.

DroidPhysX

It actually does not.

http://www.examiner.com/article/president-obama-s-approval-rating-drops-as-he-begins-second-term-cbs-poll

President Barack Obama has a 51 percent approval rating across the United States as he is poised to begin his second term as president of the United States on Monday. Forty-one percent of those polled disapprove of the presidents job performance which leaves 18 percent undecided.

In comparison to similar polls conducted shortly after President Obamas reelection on Nov. 6, 2012, this rating is down six percentage points from his approval rating determined at that time. Four years ago, just after President Obama took office in January of 2009, his approval rating was 11 percentage points higher at 62 percent.

For someone who was just elected, Obama is already finding his support to be lacking.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 DroidPhysX

Actually, it does.

Bush +12 million votes

Kerry + 9 million votes.

All signs point to a GOP landslide in 2008.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 deactivated-5b78379493e12

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="Laihendi"] Obviously Bush set the GOP back with his massive unpopularity, but I am expecting Obama's approval rating to drop as low or lower by the end of his term. It's going to be a disaster.Laihendi

It actually does not.

http://www.examiner.com/article/president-obama-s-approval-rating-drops-as-he-begins-second-term-cbs-poll

President Barack Obama has a 51 percent approval rating across the United States as he is poised to begin his second term as president of the United States on Monday. Forty-one percent of those polled disapprove of the presidents job performance which leaves 18 percent undecided.

In comparison to similar polls conducted shortly after President Obamas reelection on Nov. 6, 2012, this rating is down six percentage points from his approval rating determined at that time. Four years ago, just after President Obama took office in January of 2009, his approval rating was 11 percentage points higher at 62 percent.

For someone who was just elected, Obama is already finding his support to be lacking.

Yes, a >50% approval rating is certainly cause for panic. :roll:

Call me when it gets below 40%, down into the George W. Bush second term range.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 Laihendi

[QUOTE="Laihendi"]

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"] The trajectory said otherwise, bro jimkabrhel

It actually does not.

Obviously it will take a while for it to drop that low. Bush's approval was actually 52% and rising at the start of his 2nd term. Obama's is 51% and dropping. There is absolutely no indication that Obama has reliable public support right now. Not when his approval rating is dropping from a very slim majority after an election he barely won after losing millions of votes from his last election.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 DroidPhysX
Laihendi, who did John McCain pick as his secretary of state for his presidency?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 deactivated-5b78379493e12

[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"]

It actually does not.

In comparison to similar polls conducted shortly after President Obamas reelection on Nov. 6, 2012, this rating is down six percentage points from his approval rating determined at that time. Four years ago, just after President Obama took office in January of 2009, his approval rating was 11 percentage points higher at 62 percent.Laihendi

Obviously it will take a while for it to drop that low. Bush's approval was actually 52% and rising at the start of his 2nd term. Obama's is 51% and dropping. There is absolutely no indication that Obama has reliable public support right now. Not when his approval rating is dropping from a very slim majority after an election he barely won after losing millions of votes from his last election.

Um... 51% is not much lower than his approval at the start of his second term, so I would call that reliable. 

As usual, you are projecting your bias and desires on the President. You want him to fail, so you are imgining that he is.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 Laihendi

Actually, it does.

Bush +12 million votes

Kerry + 9 million votes.

DroidPhysX
I have already addressed that. Bush's presidency was a disaster and it undid the momentum that had been building against the democrats that can be traced back to 1994 when the GOP took over both houses of congress as a reaction to Clinton being elected. Despite Bush, momentum against the democrats is building again.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 DroidPhysX
[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]

Actually, it does.

Bush +12 million votes

Kerry + 9 million votes.

Laihendi
I have already addressed that. Bush's presidency was a disaster and it undid the momentum that had been building against the democrats that can be traced back to 1994 when the GOP took over both houses of congress as a reaction to Clinton being elected. Despite Bush, momentum against the democrats is building again.

I'm using your trajectory analysis of how Obama lost votes over his elections and translating them into the Bush years. Not complicated.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 deactivated-5b78379493e12

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]

Actually, it does.

Bush +12 million votes

Kerry + 9 million votes.

Laihendi

Democratic President reelected, Senate stays in Democratic control, House Dems gain seats.

Yup, things are swinging right, for sure.

Just like KC_Hokie, you are far more critical of liberals/Dems than you are of the GOP, when the policies they have in action haven't been that different.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#224 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]

Actually, it does.

Bush +12 million votes

Kerry + 9 million votes.

Laihendi

So much momentum that it surged Bob Dole to a stunning victory over Bill Clinton in 96 and Bush to a decisive victory over Gore in 00.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 Laihendi

[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

jimkabrhel

Um... 51% is not much lower than his approval at the start of his second term, so I would call that reliable. 

As usual, you are projecting your bias and desires on the President. You want him to fail, so you are imgining that he is.

Obama's approval rating is similar to Bush's at this point, so to say that Obama's approval rating is high enough for him to not worry about it dropping to the abysmal ratings held by Bush is nonsense. Obama is actually in a worse position than Bush now because his support is dropping, whereas Bush's support was increasing at that time. Also it is important to remember that Bush did much better in the 2004 election than the 2000 election, whereas Obama did much worse in 2012 than in 2008.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 DroidPhysX

Laihendi, who did John McCain pick as his secretary of state for his presidency?DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 deactivated-5b78379493e12

[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] Obviously it will take a while for it to drop that low. Bush's approval was actually 52% and rising at the start of his 2nd term. Obama's is 51% and dropping. There is absolutely no indication that Obama has reliable public support right now. Not when his approval rating is dropping from a very slim majority after an election he barely won after losing millions of votes from his last election.Laihendi

Obama's approval rating is similar to Bush's at this point, so to say that Obama's approval rating is high enough for him to not worry about it dropping to the abysmal ratings held by Bush is nonsense. Obama is actually in a worse position than Bush now because his support is dropping, whereas Bush's support was increasing at that time. Also it is important to remember that Bush did much better in the 2004 election than the 2000 election, whereas Obama did much worse in 2012 than in 2008.

None of that suggest that Obama is due for a huge fall in approval. It's possible, sure, but just as possible is that his numbers will rise.

Just remember, no President has ever been reelected with an unemplyment around 8%, among other reason why Obama shouldn't have been reelected, historically speaking.

LOXO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 LOXO7
Member since 2008 • 5595 Posts
That's 1% accurate. And that's scary.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

That's 1% accurate. And that's scary.LOXO7

One percent accuracy? Now there's something to strive for.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 Laihendi

[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

jimkabrhel

None of that suggest that Obama is due for a huge fall in approval. It's possible, sure, but just as possible is that his numbers will rise.

Just remember, no President has ever been reelected with an unemplyment around 8%, among other reason why Obama shouldn't have been reelected, historically speaking.

No, it is not possible that Obama's numbers will rise. His policies incite class warfare and are racist. He is a very divisive person who spent 4 years trying to secure 51% of the electorate for himself at the expense of the rest of us. The 49% of us are not about to start supporting him, and the 51% is about to see that Obama does not really care about them now that he doesn't need them to get re-elected. @Droid - I have said again and again that McCain lost because Bush was a major setback for momentum against the democrats. I don't see what your point is.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 deactivated-5b78379493e12

He is a very divisive person who spent 4 years trying to secure 51% of the electorate for himself at the expense of the rest of us. The 49% of us are not about to start supporting him, and the 51% is about to see that Obama does not really care about them now that he doesn't need them to get re-elected. Laihendi

What a wonderful imagination you have. It's awesome that you are paraphrasing Mitt Romney in trying to attack President Obama.