MosquitoBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 MosquitoBaby
Member since 2019 • 74 Posts

https://www.unilad.co.uk/film-and-tv/first-avengers-endgame-reactions-are-in-and-it-sounds-amazing/?source=facebook

I remember the early reaction for Infintity War not being great, but this one seems like it's at a whole nother level. Can't wait!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56224 Posts

I'd appreciate such a topic, but I'll echo TheVetor's sentiment. Please try to keep the spoilers hidden so that people who want to hear your general impressions of the movie can do so without necessarily being spoiled. I know it'll (or already has) be playing in the U.K early before the U.S will and since I'm in the U.S, I'll be seeing it this Friday night and will return and give you my impressions.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#3 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59087 Posts

Heard the original Avenger cast blow up Capitan Marvel.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

Please throw up those spoiler blocks, people!

BTW...just a reminder that anyone deliberatly posting spoilers runs the risk of a suspension.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DaVillain  Moderator

@hallenbeck77: Question, which spoiler buttons you recommend using. Spoiler or Spoiler Block? Not everyone really knows which is the best way to keep things hidden and I'm just playing it safe to asking this question.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
@davillain- said:

Question, which spoiler buttons you recommend using. Spoiler or Spoiler Block? Not everyone really knows which is the best way to keep things hidden and I'm just playing it safe to asking this question.

Personally, I prefer to use spoiler block because it pretty simple to use:

1. Highlight the text you wanna hide...
  2. Click Spoiler Block...
  3. Done!

Sometime late Wednesday night/early Thursday morning, I'm going to put up an Avengers: Endgame sticky thread with a spoiler warning in the title, so people can freely discuss it without having to worry.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

Hopefully this time I'll be able to watch the movie without getting spoiled :P

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 uninspiredcup
Loading Video...

Yikes.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11126 Posts

I'll be watching it next week. Hope the spoilers won't get me first.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@hallenbeck77 said:
@davillain- said:

Question, which spoiler buttons you recommend using. Spoiler or Spoiler Block? Not everyone really knows which is the best way to keep things hidden and I'm just playing it safe to asking this question.

Personally, I prefer to use spoiler block because it pretty simple to use:

1. Highlight the text you wanna hide...
  2. Click Spoiler Block...
  3. Done!

Sometime late Wednesday night/early Thursday morning, I'm going to put up an Avengers: Endgame sticky thread with a spoiler warning in the title, so people can freely discuss it without having to worry.

Thank you for the answer :)

I gotta admit, I only read very minor spoilers already. Curiosity kills the cat as they say, I need to stop that :P

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Hallenbeck77  Moderator

There's now a stickied thread on the board for spoiler filled discussion.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

PSA, while I know it isn’t an option for everyone watch the movie as quickly as you can if you aren’t trying to be spoiled. Already ran into a spoiler troll posting some major plot points on a totally unrelated comment section on a Facebook post. Granted, I just watched it earlier today but I’m sure someone who didn’t see it yet would have been pissed.

Edit: It’s even harder to avoid it than I thought, some people are posting a gif on Twitter posts with the tag #dontspoiltheendgame of Tony using the Infinity Stones to turn Thanos and his army to dust followed by the word SPOILED that is short but still too fast for you to look away so you could avoid the major spoiler. Looks like that Dark Knight Joker thing is going on social media right now.

Maybe it’s best to just avoid social media altogether for a few days. I told a buddy of mine that is going on Saturday that would be in his best interest.

PETERAKO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PETERAKO
Member since 2007 • 2579 Posts

@mosquitobaby: I saw it! I thought it was fantastic. Now I understand if there are parts that people didn't like, and I know what these are, though personally I liked them. I do have parts I don't like however, like when Stark doesn't pull something off to save himself and is saved by Manvers instead. One other thing I found hella cringy was when all the women assembled around Parker like it felt it was just for the wokeness. Of course I didn't want to seeManvers make a return at the end and take down Thano's ship like it was nothing, and I would prefer if it had been done another way involving our classical heroes. Not to mention the scare I got when Manvers started fighting Thanos for the glove. It did ended satisfactory though, with Manvers getting punched real good. This is not it however I have to talk about the other thing. The right in the feels moments.Oh man tony died and I had hoped he would survive and see him live happily with his family. As for cap, holy hell, that was a really gut wrenching moment. When he appears as an old man after he chose to go back and live with the woman he loved. I still think about it and get chills.

For me Endgame is not just the movie's name. For me Endgame is Endgame. I'm done with the MCU. I think A lot of people are, and it's for the best.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6851 Posts

Eh, I was a bit disappointed. I liked Infinity War more.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50592 Posts

Infinity war shits on endgame.

Why is every character a comedian now?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178855 Posts

@XVision84 said:

Hopefully this time I'll be able to watch the movie without getting spoiled :P

Good luck. Avoiding all Avengers threads and still some morons spoiled the movie elsewhere in non related topics. People suck. Nonetheless it was okay. Had some plot holes though.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8437 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:
Loading Video...

Yikes.

LMAO "I told you not to touch it."

The hatred is real here. Jeremy Renner had the perfect response, because he is right. I love it, he's been acting all these years and what makes him happy is seeing all the smiles on a kid's face. He does not use his platform as an opportunity to spoon-feed politics.

If the MCU does tank any time soon, it's going to be because of Brie Larson not being responsible with her own platform. Kevin Feige and the MCU crew better see the red flags real quick or else I don't think the fate of the MCU will be a bright one.

Also look at this article.

There were days when the intensity of the training reduced her to tears and days when she got irritated by men at Walsh's West Hollywood gym who doubted her strength. “This guy watched me lift something really heavy, and he went, 'Wow, I can't even lift that!' As if he were the epitome of health," Larson says. "I said, 'Yeah, I guess you're going to have to rethink your gender norms.'"

I love how everyone in the comments of that article is saying that gym trainer complimented her and any regular human being would understand a compliment, but she took it as an offense to plug in her gender politics. LMAO oh god maybe the MCU really is fucked.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58398 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Yikes.

Yeah. She seems pretty insufferable; feminism aside, she just doesn't seem like a great person. If her movie "Unicorn Store" is any indication of her beliefs and attitude, she has a very strong and misplaced sense of entitlement.

I think what happened is she forced herself into the movieand what you had before this was just a bunch of people, male and female, making a movie to honor the lore and greatness of the comic. Then along comes this person and character that, frankly, the movie could have done without but, hey, another female role model so let's go ahead and put her in there

There was a scene towards the end of the movie where it was every single female character that could fight and, for whatever reason in this huge crazy battle, they were able to take a break, group up, and go kick some ass. It was really, really lame. Even Gwyneth Paltrow donned an Iron Man Woman suit. I was sitting between two women in the theater and even they groaned at it.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By uninspiredcup

@mrbojangles25:

@mrbojangles25 said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Yikes.

Yeah. She seems pretty insufferable; feminism aside, she just doesn't seem like a great person. If her movie "Unicorn Store" is any indication of her beliefs and attitude, she has a very strong and misplaced sense of entitlement.

I think what happened is she forced herself into the movieand what you had before this was just a bunch of people, male and female, making a movie to honor the lore and greatness of the comic. Then along comes this person and character that, frankly, the movie could have done without but, hey, another female role model so let's go ahead and put her in there

There was a scene towards the end of the movie where it was every single female character that could fight and, for whatever reason in this huge crazy battle, they were able to take a break, group up, and go kick some ass. It was really, really lame. Even Gwyneth Paltrow donned an Iron Man Woman suit. I was sitting between two women in the theater and even they groaned at it.

Nail of the head. Never really had a problem her her in the movie. The shot of her character not reacting to Thanos headbutt and pushing him down was pretty great visually, even though, she basically does, nothing.

I guess she brings Tony Stark back? So yea, has some purpose suppose.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21  Edited By br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17877 Posts
@shellcase86 said:

Eh, I was a bit disappointed. I liked Infinity War more.

@Chutebox said:

Infinity war shits on endgame.

I also enjoyed IW more. It certainly had the bolder ending, and I for one would have been happy to have left it there.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127517 Posts

Already a sticky on this.

Edit: Misunderstood, this the spoiler free if people want it.