ATTENTION SURVIVORS! Helpful Tip on Defending Yourself from the Undead

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for taterfrickintot
taterfrickintot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 taterfrickintot
Member since 2008 • 2851 Posts

I have a theory. Ok, we all know the only way to good way to kill a zombie is to destroy the brain right? well that means, even though the creature is "undead", it still need neural signals from the brain to operate. while a headshot is still the mos't reliable way, a shot to the upper spine should, in theory, paralyze the creature although it may not kill it or completely immobilize it, it should be just enough to help you escape with ease, and is a fairly large target to hit, especially with a shotgun. this has been a zombie survival tip. message me for further questions =P

ColonelWilks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ColonelWilks
Member since 2005 • 3149 Posts

Don't shoot it in the spine, that is bad advice. It will only make it easier for the zombie to manually remove its spine and start flailing it around like an infectious whip.

ethanpaige

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 ethanpaige
Member since 2005 • 13100 Posts

As you ask nicely for the undead to turn around, you are bitten on the neck by another that has approached you from behind. Injured, you are swarmed and overtaken. Game Over.

Play Again? 10... 9... 8...

dunl12496

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 dunl12496
Member since 2009 • 5710 Posts

Or, you can aim that shotgun at the head and it would be 100%... Just saying. Unless it's a giffords zombie of course.

ColonelWilks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ColonelWilks

Or, you can aim that shotgun at the head and it would be 100%... Just saying. Unless it's a giffords zombie of course.

dunl12496
Nothing is sacred.
worthyofnote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 worthyofnote
Member since 2007 • 21896 Posts

Or save your ammunition. Use the butt of your rifle/shotgun to push/beat the zombie back. Then proceed to escape to a safe zone. There's no need to make noise and alert more to your presence. Only fire in dire situations.

Avatar image for taterfrickintot
taterfrickintot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 taterfrickintot
Member since 2008 • 2851 Posts

wuts with all the idea haters? and i already said in the OP that a headshot is the best way. im just giving options.:?

stevoqwerty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 stevoqwerty
Member since 2006 • 4029 Posts

One advice, DO NOT waste ammo on their heads, remove their limbs, these necromorphs won't go down if you cut their heads off.

worthyofnote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 worthyofnote

wuts with all the idea haters? and i already said in the OP that a headshot is the best way. im just giving options.:?

taterfrickintot
Nothing wrong with having an idea. But there's always a possibility that the idea would backfire. Shotguns are loud. Loud enough to warn every other shambling beast in the vicinity to your presence. Then you soon have a swarm after you. Then there's the part where you have to make it behind the zombie, and possibly only cripple the zombie. But it's still a problem.
ColonelWilks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ColonelWilks
[QUOTE="taterfrickintot"]

worthyofnote
Nothing wrong with having an idea. But there's always a possibility that the idea would backfire. Shotguns are loud. Loud enough to warn every other shambling beast in the vicinity to your presence. Then you soon have a swarm after you. Then there's the part where you have to make it behind the zombie, and possibly only cripple the zombie. But it's still a problem.

Roll with a silenced shotgun like the one Javier Bardem had in No Country for Old Men.
Cheesehead9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Cheesehead9099
Member since 2008 • 2849 Posts

I would just hop on my 700lb Death Machine Gatling Gun that I am somehow able to carry around without my wrists falling off and mow down zombies in the case of an apocalypse.

worthyofnote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 worthyofnote
[QUOTE="worthyofnote"][QUOTE="taterfrickintot"]

ColonelWilks

Roll with a silenced shotgun like the one Javier Bardem had in No Country for Old Men.

Your options are limited during an apocalypse. Suppressors can't be found at your local sporting goods store. And just imagine how many other people are out there raiding such places for similar items. It would be nice though.
jrnhanie0310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jrnhanie0310
Member since 2006 • 15177 Posts

see what you need to do, is dig a hole

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

Or save your ammunition. Use the butt of your rifle/shotgun to push/beat the zombie back. Then proceed to escape to a safe zone. There's no need to make noise and alert more to your presence. Only fire in dire situations.

worthyofnote

What is this, L4D?

worthyofnote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 worthyofnote

[QUOTE="worthyofnote"]

sherman-tank1

What is this, L4D?

No, but it is common sense. There's no continues in real life.