Arn't atheists scared of facing god at judgment day?!

• 150 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cyborg9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 cyborg9
Member since 2004 • 583 Posts

Its so scary to face god knowing you dont believe in it, Do christians and muslims pray for atheists since they dont believe in god or Should I not?

Avatar image for RubiksCubeReven
RubiksCubeReven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 RubiksCubeReven
Member since 2010 • 246 Posts

i think big machines are more terrifying, but arnold took one for the team already

bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
Well wouldn't the concept of a judgment day be completely irrelevant to someone who doesn't believe?
Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Pixel-Pirate
Member since 2009 • 10771 Posts
Don't make me say it!
Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#5 Cloud_765
Member since 2008 • 111411 Posts
Well wouldn't the concept of a judgment day be completely irrelevant to someone who doesn't believe?bluezy
I was about to say "Why would we be afraid when we don't believe in the first place...?" but you hit the nail on the head for me.
weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts
it does not exist, so no
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
No because they don't believe in him, and in my case why would i want to? If he's gonna be an ass like that then screw that guy i don't want to hang out with him for eternity anyway. Also INB4 Pascal's Wager debate
mlbslugger86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8 mlbslugger86
Member since 2004 • 12867 Posts

[QUOTE="bluezy"]Well wouldn't the concept of a judgment day be completely irrelevant to someone who doesn't believe?Cloud_765
I was about to say "Why would we be afraid when we don't believe in the first place...?" but you hit the nail on the head for me.

you both read my mind

Darthkaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 Darthkaiser
Member since 2006 • 12447 Posts
If you dont believe in sharks, why would you be afraid of them??
Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

Its so scary to face god knowing you dont believe in it, Do christians and muslims pray for atheists since they dont believe in god or Should I not?

cyborg9

no you should not pray for us, because we do not care about your prayers, thats why we are atheist, if we believed in a judgedment day we wouldn't be atheist would we? all i hear religion is scary scary scary, as always fear is the best way to control mindless masses.

kayoticdreamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kayoticdreamz
Member since 2010 • 3347 Posts
If you dont believe in sharks, why would you be afraid of them??Darthkaiser
exactly. just because you dont believe God is real does not mean he is not real. you could be wrong and just be screwed for it when he says well ive only had about 1000 prophets warn you over the years. personally i rather go on the side of caution.
knightseason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 knightseason
Member since 2006 • 1260 Posts

If there ever is a judgment day and we all find out that there really is a god then I'll tell him/her/it where to shove it and take a nose dive into hell :P

bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
[QUOTE="Darthkaiser"]If you dont believe in sharks, why would you be afraid of them??kayoticdreamz
exactly. just because you dont believe God is real does not mean he is not real. you could be wrong and just be screwed for it when he says well ive only had about 1000 prophets warn you over the years. personally i rather go on the side of caution.

Yeah I don't think you got what he said. If you don't believe in A, and B only exists in the minds of those who believe in A, why would B bother you?
luisen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 luisen123
Member since 2006 • 6537 Posts
I plan to be buried with a fruit basket just in case. No hard feeling, right?, it's what I would say.
Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

[QUOTE="Darthkaiser"]If you dont believe in sharks, why would you be afraid of them??kayoticdreamz

so you believe in god because you are scared? faith at its best right there, if we choose not to believe is because we think we are right just as believers think they are right, one always can be wrong but right now and objectively reviewing proofs and ideas i choose it was the best decision.

And i wonder why there haven't been any prophets since the science advanced a little? or any real miracles? guess its harder to fool the masses when you have a real team with real analists ready to uncover the lie.

MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MgamerBD
Member since 2006 • 17550 Posts
Well wouldn't the concept of a judgment day be completely irrelevant to someone who doesn't believe?bluezy
/thread
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
This is so original :roll:
dramaybaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dramaybaz
Member since 2005 • 6020 Posts
0/10
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
Aren't Christians afraid they may be wrong? I mean I know I would be mad if I created everything and then the majority of my favourite planet starts worshiping some other God. Also Christian God seems like a cool guy judging by Jesus. He would probably be all "Don't worry bro I don't blame you for thinking there is no God, not like I did much the last 2000 years. Got this new project in the horsehead nebula. **** tight"
Darthkaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Darthkaiser
Member since 2006 • 12447 Posts
Religious debate with some 2012 points here we go!!!!
ff7fan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ff7fan2
Member since 2006 • 31413 Posts
Also INB4 Pascal's Wager debateX360PS3AMD05
First thing that popped into my mind. It's amazing how people can't see the holes in it.
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
0/10dramaybaz
lol yea this guy got it right
MissLibrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MissLibrarian
Member since 2008 • 9589 Posts

No because they don't believe in him, and in my case why would i want to? If he's gonna be an ass like that then screw that guy i don't want to hang out with him for eternity anyway.X360PS3AMD05

This is how I feel. And the other annoying thing I imagine is that, if he was real, he'd be an ass and not give me the time to answer any questions I might have for him on said Judgement Day.

I'd probably be like 'Before you send me to hell, could you please try to explain some of your reasoning? I've been a good person and generally tried to act in a good way and treat other as I'd like to be treated, but just because I've not been an absolutely rabid supporter of every single thing you've told us to do and believe in, I am not a Christian? Why give us free thought in the first place? I'd really appreciate if you could just take a moment of your infinite time and wisdom to explain that logically to me please?'

And he'd probably be like 'Why u mad tho? *presses 'go directly to hell' button*'

cyborg9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 cyborg9
Member since 2004 • 583 Posts

Whatever I pray each day i'll be ready for judgment day and God wont send me to hell..R.I.P to those who dont im going to bed

LovePotionNo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LovePotionNo9
Member since 2010 • 4751 Posts

Since they're atheists, I think it's safe to assume that no, they don't fear "god" on the "judgement day." They would have to belief in both, and since they're atheists, it seems unlikely that they do, unless they're just posers.

Superzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#26 Superzone
Member since 2004 • 3733 Posts

[QUOTE="X360PS3AMD05"]No because they don't believe in him, and in my case why would i want to? If he's gonna be an ass like that then screw that guy i don't want to hang out with him for eternity anyway.MissLibrarian

This is how I feel. And the other annoying thing I imagine is that, if he was real, he'd be an ass and not give me the time to answer any questions I might have for him on said Judgement Day.

I'd probably be like 'Before you send me to hell, could you please try to explain some of your reasoning? I've been a good person and generally tried to act in a good way and treat other as I'd like to be treated, but just because I've not been an absolutely rabid supporter of every single thing you've told us to do and believe in, I am not a Christian? Why give us free thought in the first place? I'd really appreciate if you could just take a moment of your infinite time and wisdom to explain that logically to me please?'

And he'd probably be like 'Why u mad tho? *presses 'go directly to hell' button*'

I'm a Christian but I actually kind of agree with what you're saying. In my belief, if you are a good person throughout your life, you do good deeds, you help others in need, and you basically just live life in a positive manner in general, you will go to Heaven. The one thing that Jesus taught us all is to be good to your fellow man and to just be a good person.
sonofsmeagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 sonofsmeagle
Member since 2010 • 4317 Posts

i think big machines are more terrifying, but arnold took one for the team already

RubiksCubeReven
you sirrah are a genious
MuddVader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 MuddVader
Member since 2007 • 6326 Posts

I dont think you understand. Why should one fear something one doesn't believe exists?

If you fear god, and are an atheist, you're doing it wrong.

tiopuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 tiopuit
Member since 2010 • 358 Posts

is this a joke?

Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Barbariser
Member since 2009 • 6785 Posts

No, they wouldn't be atheists if they were scared of god. :|

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#31 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Judgement day happening again? Could have sword the bible said that God would never do such a thing again and flood the land leaving 1 person.

MuddVader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MuddVader
Member since 2007 • 6326 Posts

[QUOTE="X360PS3AMD05"]No because they don't believe in him, and in my case why would i want to? If he's gonna be an ass like that then screw that guy i don't want to hang out with him for eternity anyway.MissLibrarian

ahaha, brilliant way of putting it. I think I remember seeing in a religion debate once, someone explaining that the part about hell and who goes there has really been diluted misunderstood and broken over the ages. I could be wrong though.
coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

I imagine that if I didn't believe in God that then I wouldn't believe in a judgement day and consequently would have no fear of it. But that's just me.

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

"It's better to believe in a god and die to find that there is no god than to live a life not believing in god and then die to find out that there is one."

I recall reading this comment somewhere and it really stuck with me. Might not be the same for you, but what the heck :P

Personally I'd be **** scared to find out that there is one.

8-Bitterness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 8-Bitterness
Member since 2009 • 3707 Posts
im an atheist, but the only moment when i wish god existed is at judgement day to spit in his f****** hand
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

Not really, I figure if he exists he's either a really nice guy or a total jackass and he's either going to send me straight to hell or let me in to heaven. I get way more scared contemplating the prospect of not existing at all after I die, but I guess just like heaven or hell if/when it happens it happens.

Please don't pray for me, it's condescending.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

cyborg9

Why would they? If God exist he will be judging on what kind of human you were, not what kind of religion you were following. The "only by following our religion you can go to heaven" dogma is a nonsense created solely to let religious leaders fill their pockets, nothing more.

Avian005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#38 Avian005
Member since 2009 • 4112 Posts

Whatever I pray each day i'll be ready for judgment day and God wont send me to hell..R.I.P to those who dont im going to bed

cyborg9

So you pray to not be sent to hell? I thought you pray for your love of God, not fear.

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 fend_oblivion

[QUOTE="cyborg9"]

AdrianWerner

Why would they? If God exist he will be judging on what kind of human you were, not what kind of religion you were following. The "only by following our religion you can go to heaven" dogma is a nonsense created solely to let religious leaders fill their pockets, nothing more.

That's true. This "only Christians can go to heaven" thing is BS. There are a ton of good people in different religions. Heck, there are good people among atheists.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts
I'm just trying to avoid hell and still live a somewhat satisfying life and while i'm saying it i'm scared it won't be enough. I know one thing for sure, we will never know and it's this mistery that keeps life interesting.
MissLibrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MissLibrarian

"It's better to believe in a god and die to find that there is no god than to live a life not believing in god and then die to find out that there is one."

I recall reading this comment somewhere and it really stuck with me. Might not be the same for you, but what the heck :P

fend_oblivion
Haha I just had to quote this Terry Pratchett quote in response to your post... all in jest though! Just reminded me of it :P "This is very similar to the suggestion put forward by the Quirmian philosopher Ventre, who said, "Possibly the gods exist, and possibly they do not. So why not believe in them in any case? If its all true you'll go to a lovely place when you die, and if it isnt then you've lost nothing right?" When he died he woke up in a circle of gods holding nasty-looking sticks and one of them said, "We're going to show you what we think of Mr Clever Dick in these parts...'"
Zorgax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Zorgax
Member since 2011 • 384 Posts

question, if i went to hell why would satan want to torture me for the rest of eternity rather than use me in his army to overthrow God?

do tell. i don't see the logic in this.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

[QUOTE="fend_oblivion"]

MissLibrarian

Haha I just had to quote this Terry Pratchett quote in response to your post... all in jest though! Just reminded me of it :P "This is very similar to the suggestion put forward by the Quirmian philosopher Ventre, who said, "Possibly the gods exist, and possibly they do not. So why not believe in them in any case? If its all true you'll go to a lovely place when you die, and if it isnt then you've lost nothing right?" When he died he woke up in a circle of gods holding nasty-looking sticks and one of them said, "We're going to show you what we think of Mr Clever Dick in these parts...'"

Well just ask yourself this, what if there's such a thing as infinite pain. I don't think there are truly evil people, the ones we think that are truly evil are probably just crazy.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

[QUOTE="MissLibrarian"][QUOTE="fend_oblivion"]

evildead6789

Well just ask yourself this, what if there's such a thing as infinite pain. I don't think there are truly evil people, the ones we think that are truly evil are probably just crazy.

Well let me ask you this, if you believe in god just because you want to go to heaven if there is a heaven, don't you think he's samrt enough to see through that, kinda like people who recant on their deathbed? Two, how do you know which god to worship? What if you live your life as a Christian and it turns out you were supposed to follow the teachings of Islam? Whoops, eternal hell. Three, assuming god exists he gave me my logic, he gave me the signs pointing to his existence that my logic is supposed to interpret, if I interpret those signs that he gave me with my logic that he gave me and arrive at the conclusion that he doesn't exist, why would he punish me? And if he would punish me for that, then why would I want to spend all eternity with him if I could?

MissLibrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MissLibrarian

evildead6789

I was just quoting a famous comedy writer on a subject that reminded me of said quote from said comedy writer. Nothing to do with the point of this thread and I clearly said it was in jest and just because I was reminded of the quote.

And as I mentioned before - a 'hell and brimstone, imagine infinite pain' God is not the type of God that I want to or do believe in. But please don't think that I don't believe in God because this happens to be my opinion on the matter, nor judge me or lecture me on how or what I should think on this subject.

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 fend_oblivion

Haha I just had to quote this Terry Pratchett quote in response to your post... all in jest though! Just reminded me of it :P

"This is very similar to the suggestion put forward by the Quirmian philosopher Ventre, who said, "Possibly the gods exist, and possibly they do not. So why not believe in them in any case? If its all true you'll go to a lovely place when you die, and if it isnt then you've lost nothing right?" When he died he woke up in a circle of gods holding nasty-looking sticks and one of them said, "We're going to show you what we think of Mr Clever Dick in these parts...'"

MissLibrarian

LMAO! Nice :lol:

Well let me ask you this, if you believe in god just because you want to go to heaven if there is a heaven, don't you think he's samrt enough to see through that, kinda like people who recant on their deathbed? Two, how do you know which god to worship? What if you live your life as a Christian and it turns out you were supposed to follow the teachings of Islam? Whoops, eternal hell. Three, assuming god exists he gave me my logic, he gave me the signs pointing to his existence that my logic is supposed to interpret, if I interpret those signs that he gave me with my logic that he gave me and arrive at the conclusion that he doesn't exist, why would he punish me? And if he would punish me for that, then why would I want to spend all eternity with him if I could?

theone86

That's why I said 'god' :P

Almost every religion has the same fundamentals, "do good to your fellow human beings" so I doubt the REAL god would be angry at us for not knowing who exactly to worship.

Avatar image for BlindBluMonstah
BlindBluMonstah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 BlindBluMonstah
Member since 2009 • 13858 Posts

why would they be scared if they dont believe :'P but sure you can pray for them :P

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 fend_oblivion

question, if i went to hell why would satan want to torture me for the rest of eternity rather than use me in his army to overthrow God?

do tell. i don't see the logic in this.

Zorgax

Eh... Satan isn't in hell. Nor is he the ruler of it. He hasn't even seen the place.

At least try reading the book properly before saying ignorant things like this.

bazookajoe19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 bazookajoe19
Member since 2006 • 827 Posts

I don't think you understand atheism. Atheists do not beleive there is a god. Therefore atheists are not scared of a god judging them.