Are you worried about going to Hell

This topic is locked from further discussion.

leegar88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 leegar88
Member since 2006 • 5307 Posts

Topic.... Also buckle your seatbelts ladies and gent I am pretty sure this will become a another religioun thread

Hellraiser3899

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 Hellraiser3899
Member since 2005 • 10060 Posts
Nah, I'm a good boy. :)
kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115434 Posts
dont you guys think about something new, besides religion threads
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Not really... if it is anything like Hell from Little Nicky I am sure I will enjoy it. :twisted:
zakkro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 zakkro
Member since 2004 • 48823 Posts
I don't really believe in Hell... >_> *runs away to get flame sheild*
ROFLMASTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 ROFLMASTER
Member since 2005 • 1729 Posts
nope im not since its a sure thing for me already :P
Sim_genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 Sim_genius
Member since 2005 • 9562 Posts
I think I have more important issues than that.
leegar88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 leegar88

dont you guys think about something new, besides religion threads2ndWonder

I wasn't really planning to make this a big thread about religion I just have been thinking of hell a lot lately.

shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 shockwave04
Member since 2002 • 19257 Posts
No I don't fear hell or satin.
mmogoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 mmogoon
Member since 2006 • 7311 Posts

Nah, I'm a good boy. :)Hellraiser3899

pretty much 

tomxizor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 tomxizor
Member since 2004 • 11767 Posts
Hell no. I'll whup Saddam's ass in Blackjack, and I'll constantly harass Hitler for being a little pansy. It'll be fun! :) Oh, yeah. I'll hang out with Stalin and have huge Right wing vs. Left Wing debates with him. :)
mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#12 mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts
If there is one there is a chance I will end up there. I am not sure there is a hell though,and if there is maybe my sins will be atoned before I take up residence.
Avatar image for Silver_Dragon17
Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 Silver_Dragon17
Member since 2007 • 6205 Posts

I'm a Christian so. . . . . .nope.

I do worry for my little brother, though.

Giovanni19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Giovanni19
Member since 2005 • 2744 Posts
Have you religious fanatic's ever though that maybe there is no heaven or hell?Maybe after this life,it is the end,we just die and it's over.Then again who know's there's no proof of your claim or my clain,we shall see in the end.Untill then,give thread's like these a rest.
Wizz46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Wizz46
Member since 2006 • 2386 Posts
nah, I know a guy who knows a guy who is a friend of Satan, so I don't have any thing to worry about
leegar88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 leegar88
I'm not really worried about going to hell, but the idea of being in a big dark pit of fire with thousands of screaming people crawling over you for an eternity has always freaked me out. 
zakkro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 zakkro
I'm not really worried about going to hell, but the idea of being in a big dark pit of fire with thousands of screaming people crawling over you for an eternity has always freaked me out. leegar88
I think that's the point >_>
nah, I know a guy who knows a guy who is a friend of Satan, so I don't have any thing to worry aboutWizz46
Yes, I guess it's good to have connections :oops:
The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 The_Ish
Member since 2006 • 13913 Posts

I am not that worried.

jim_shorts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#19 jim_shorts
Member since 2006 • 7320 Posts
I've got nothing to worry about. 
nickmag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 nickmag
Member since 2006 • 6710 Posts

Silver_Dragon17

Just being a Christian doesn't cut it, have you even read the corresponding parts of the bible? Prepare to have to slaughter some animals.
Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Silver_Dragon17

I'm not really worried about going to hell, but the idea of being in a big dark pit of fire with thousands of screaming people crawling over you for an eternity has always freaked me out. leegar88

It's far worse than that, I'm afraid.:?

jim_shorts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jim_shorts
[QUOTE="Silver_Dragon17"]

nickmag

Just being a Christian doesn't cut it, have you even read the corresponding parts of the bible? Prepare to have to slaughter some animals.

Apparently you've never read the bible.  Remember the part where Jesus said that no one can get to heaven except through him?  Salvation has nothing to do with animal sacrifice.
Wizz46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Wizz46

nah, I know a guy who knows a guy who is a friend of Satan, so I don't have any thing to worry aboutWizz46
Yes, I guess it's good to have connections :oops:

yup, already planning on building an apartment there 

double_decker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 double_decker
Member since 2006 • 146090 Posts
No, I will get there soon enough, no need to rush things
Honenheim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Honenheim
Member since 2007 • 5402 Posts
for my sins nah
maheo30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 maheo30
Member since 2006 • 5102 Posts
The I'm a good person arguement so I'll go to heaven never made sense to me. God is perfecft(Matthew 5:48, and since He is perfect He won't lower His standards to allow people into heaven. If He did He would no longer be perfect. God requires perfection to get into heaven. None of us are perfect so we are screwed. All of us have broken His commandments. I've lied, blasphemed, committed adultery, committed idolarty...ect., as we all have. Ephesians 2:11-13 says we have NO HOPE! That's where Christ comes in. He lived a perfect life for us. Was the perfect sacrifice for us. I do not fear hell anymore as Christ has drawn me to Him. When I hated Him(John 7:7) He still drew me. (John 6:64-65). It truly is by grace we are saved. (Ephesians 2:8-9)
mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mattykovax
[QUOTE="nickmag"][QUOTE="Silver_Dragon17"]

jim_shorts

Apparently you've never read the bible.  Remember the part where Jesus said that no one can get to heaven except through him?  Salvation has nothing to do with animal sacrifice.

yeah,jesus pretty much killed off the old rules,at least the ones for getting closer to god and made a new covenant with man that made gods covenant with abraham obsolete. At least according to the new testament of the book called the bible.
zakkro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 zakkro
yup, already planning on building an apartment thereWizz46
Don't, I heard the weather is murder down there. :P
Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Silver_Dragon17
[QUOTE="Silver_Dragon17"]

nickmag

Have you even read the part of the Bible where Jesus died and came back to life and abolished animal sacrifices?

fireemblems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#30 fireemblems
Member since 2004 • 2609 Posts
i am, and thats all i can say
kornholio360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kornholio360
Member since 2006 • 6973 Posts
Not at all, considering I don't believe in Heaven or Hell.
zakkro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 zakkro

Heres a song I made some time ago:

Oh great, another religion

I said, Oh great another religion thread

These things go right through my head

People saying "You're too stupid"

To believe in something, no matter how lucid

I said, whyyyyyyyyyy do we have to fight,

let's go get drinks, and call it a niiiiiight.

Wizz46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Wizz46

[QUOTE="Wizz46"]yup, already planning on building an apartment therezakkro
Don't, I heard the weather is murder down there. :P

actually I was told that in the area of the great lake of fire, the weather is very tropical 

CptJSparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 CptJSparrow
Member since 2007 • 10898 Posts
No, I don't worry about going to places that don't exist.
CptJSparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 CptJSparrow
Member since 2007 • 10898 Posts
[QUOTE="jim_shorts"][QUOTE="nickmag"][QUOTE="Silver_Dragon17"]

mattykovax

Apparently you've never read the bible. Remember the part where Jesus said that no one can get to heaven except through him? Salvation has nothing to do with animal sacrifice.

yeah,jesus pretty much killed off the old rules,at least the ones for getting closer to god and made a new covenant with man that made gods covenant with abraham obsolete. At least according to the new testament of the book called the bible.

Hey matty long time no see.
Avatar image for -InsrtNameHere-
-InsrtNameHere-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 -InsrtNameHere-
Member since 2005 • 2981 Posts
Not really
bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#37 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
In order to be worried about going to Hell, i'd have to believe in it;)
nickmag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 nickmag
Member since 2006 • 6710 Posts

Have you even read the part of the Bible where Jesus died and came back to life and abolished animal sacrifices?

Silver_Dragon17

I was just using one of the literal translations to represent a point, I could have used the whole you have to love everyone, but also hate everyone.. sell everything etc, I went with the wrong one.
mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mattykovax
[QUOTE="mattykovax"][QUOTE="jim_shorts"][QUOTE="nickmag"][QUOTE="Silver_Dragon17"]

CptJSparrow

Apparently you've never read the bible. Remember the part where Jesus said that no one can get to heaven except through him? Salvation has nothing to do with animal sacrifice.

Hey matty long time no see.

Was very busy,not so much anymore. I went from getting married to single and hated in the span of a week so I will probably be posting more for  a while.
Atrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Atrus
Member since 2002 • 10422 Posts

I'm not really worried about going to hell, but the idea of being in a big dark pit of fire with thousands of screaming people crawling over you for an eternity has always freaked me out. leegar88

Thats because that image was inspired by Dante's Inferno and medieval iconography. Biblical hell is not described as such. Instead the bible uses a mix of Judaic and Pagan beliefs to construct the Christian hell. ie. the word hell isn't even found in the original texts (because Hell comes from a pagan derivation) and instead consists of Gehenna and Hades.

Your punishment in mythical hell is equal to the gravity of your sin, so if you killed and raped a billion women without knowing it was a sin against the Christian God, you're punishment would be less than the hypocrite, the one who knows and yet commits. So a knowing adulterer would be served a worse punishment than the unknowing murderer/rapist. Severity > Frequency.

So in this sense Osama bin Laden or Adolf Hitler is definitely going to get off better than say... Ted Haggard. Jerry Falwell due to immense ignorance would be the sort of person who despite the wrongs commited, may be allowable to heaven.

Even if you are a believer, fearing Hell is pointless. God knew where you'd be since before the creation of everything, and knew that you'd exercise your 'free will' to fall into hell and has a nice seat waiting since eternity for you. So there's nothing you can do to avoid that fate and so fearing it now is pointless. On the otherhand if God thinks you're salvageable, then there's nothing you can do to prevent it.

In my view, it's a bit difficult to fear someting thats no more real than any other mythological footnote.

Apollo5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Apollo5000
Member since 2005 • 18782 Posts
Kinda, though that could be due to my agnosticism or the fact that nobody is innocent these days. I haven't done anything overly evil, or even that bad (though according to an internet quiz (we all know how accurate they are) im apparently going to the 8th level of hell so i must of done something pretty awful.) so i think i stand a good chance of getting in the pearly gates. And i think ive got a pretty good case to back it up. In this day and age the 7 sins cant really apply, everyone has committed at least 2. I mean look at the world, Obese people are now the majority of this planet, so thats about 3 billion in hell already, not to mention the thin who are greedy, lustful, sloth-like etc etc. Practically everyone is going to hell at this rate. I have just tried to make sure that i don't do as bad as others do. Obviously there will be nicer people than me out there somewhere but i never claimed to be a saint, just living in the shadow of one would be enough IMO.
kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115434 Posts

[QUOTE="2ndWonder"]dont you guys think about something new, besides religion threadsleegar88

I wasn't really planning to make this a big thread about religion I just have been thinking of hell a lot lately.

hell is a bad place to think of, lol
jim_shorts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 jim_shorts
Kinda, though that could be due to my agnosticism or the fact that nobody is innocent these days. I haven't done anything overly evil, or even that bad (though according to an internet quiz (we all know how accurate they are) im apparently going to the 8th level of hell so i must of done something pretty awful.) so i think i stand a good chance of getting in the pearly gates. And i think ive got a pretty good case to back it up. In this day and age the 7 sins cant really apply, everyone has committed at least 2. I mean look at the world, Obese people are now the majority of this planet, so thats about 3 billion in hell already, not to mention the thin who are greedy, lustful, sloth-like etc etc. Practically everyone is going to hell at this rate. I have just tried to make sure that i don't do as bad as others do. Obviously there will be nicer people than me out there somewhere but i never claimed to be a saint, just living in the shadow of one would be enough IMO.Apollo5000
Salvation is not based on how good of a person you are.
Calpalg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#44 Calpalg
Member since 2004 • 16167 Posts
hell doesn't exist
Apollo5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Apollo5000
Member since 2005 • 18782 Posts
[QUOTE="Apollo5000"]Kinda, though that could be due to my agnosticism or the fact that nobody is innocent these days. I haven't done anything overly evil, or even that bad (though according to an internet quiz (we all know how accurate they are) im apparently going to the 8th level of hell so i must of done something pretty awful.) so i think i stand a good chance of getting in the pearly gates. And i think ive got a pretty good case to back it up. In this day and age the 7 sins cant really apply, everyone has committed at least 2. I mean look at the world, Obese people are now the majority of this planet, so thats about 3 billion in hell already, not to mention the thin who are greedy, lustful, sloth-like etc etc. Practically everyone is going to hell at this rate. I have just tried to make sure that i don't do as bad as others do. Obviously there will be nicer people than me out there somewhere but i never claimed to be a saint, just living in the shadow of one would be enough IMO.jim_shorts

I'm sure it helps.
jim_shorts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 jim_shorts
[QUOTE="jim_shorts"][QUOTE="Apollo5000"]Kinda, though that could be due to my agnosticism or the fact that nobody is innocent these days. I haven't done anything overly evil, or even that bad (though according to an internet quiz (we all know how accurate they are) im apparently going to the 8th level of hell so i must of done something pretty awful.) so i think i stand a good chance of getting in the pearly gates. And i think ive got a pretty good case to back it up. In this day and age the 7 sins cant really apply, everyone has committed at least 2. I mean look at the world, Obese people are now the majority of this planet, so thats about 3 billion in hell already, not to mention the thin who are greedy, lustful, sloth-like etc etc. Practically everyone is going to hell at this rate. I have just tried to make sure that i don't do as bad as others do. Obviously there will be nicer people than me out there somewhere but i never claimed to be a saint, just living in the shadow of one would be enough IMO.Apollo5000

I'm sure it helps.

Not if you're talking about the Christian heaven
mark4091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 mark4091
Member since 2007 • 3780 Posts

I'm pretty sure we know there is no place in the center of the earth where people burn for eternity.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b4bf92fc902e
deactivated-5b4bf92fc902e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-5b4bf92fc902e
Member since 2006 • 3052 Posts

I'm atheist so I have nothing to worry about.

quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 quiglythegreat
Member since 2006 • 16886 Posts
No. I dunnae believe in that thing. it's clearly just a goddamn ploy and such.
Sajo7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Sajo7
Member since 2005 • 14049 Posts
I suppose if I was I would repent and be in the clear.