SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45106 Posts

I pretty much have the dad bod going for me haha. But I’m in fairly decent shape, still manage to run a few miles a week. How about you, OT?

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8772 Posts

Nah. But I'm working on it.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3400 Posts

I'm in good shape. I'm not muscular as I mostly do cardio stuff but I got some abs. Nothing impressive but for my age (43) I'm more than fine.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

I'm in good enough shape right now but always improving myself. I do workout as much as often as I can. I have decent arms and shoulders, and my abdominals can show some definition but definitely a work in progress. Right now I'm not doing any diet but consciously avoiding certain eating habits. I could always do better on that front to bring out the abs, but I have the groundwork for that when I'm ready to take diet seriously again.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7270 Posts

Dad bod here. I do work out about four times a week, so I'm not in bad shape, but not great either.

I should do better though. My wife is ripped.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3400 Posts

@judaspete: Not even joking, my wife has more defined abs than me.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#7 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58963 Posts

I'm a blob. Too much sitting about the computer eating garbage.

I blame you lot and you're incredibly engaging posts, too hard to keep away.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7270 Posts

@kathaariancode: Ha! My wife too. She can also beat me at arm wrestling. Some people at the gym nicknamed her "She Hulk", and "Asian Amazon".

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

I've got a slight belly. I do have muscles on my bicep and triceps. To answer your question, I would probably say no. I go to the gym once a week - I know it's bad, but at least I make an effort.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34610 Posts

lol no. I'm very slim, so at least I'm not fat (not that I dislike people who are, I think some people even look good with a bit more fat on them). But I have no muscles. I easily get defined muscles when I work out, but I'm too lazy to do it. I've just tried a few times, it's so boring. Playing games is way more fun.

@omegamaster said:

I go to the gym once a week - I know it's bad, but at least I make an effort.

I have never gone to the gym ever in my 35 year life. Maybe that makes you feel better. To be fair though, I walk quite a bit, cycle, swim and whatnot. Which I actually believe is a better workout than going to the gym. Our bodies were made to move in natural ways. Not lifting crap in a cramped smelly room.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

@DEVILinIRON said:

Nah. But I'm working on it.

Same. I expect to have nice, jacked arms in a month or two. Need to drop some lbs. to get definition in the torso back. That'll take a bit longer -- but better now than never.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

@Litchie said:

lol no. I'm very slim, so at least I'm not fat (not that I dislike people who are, I think some people even look good with a bit more fat on them). But I have no muscles. I easily get defined muscles when I work out, but I'm too lazy to do it. I've just tried a few times, it's so boring. Playing games is way more fun.

@omegamaster said:

I go to the gym once a week - I know it's bad, but at least I make an effort.

I have never gone to the gym ever in my 35 year life. Maybe that makes you feel better. To be fair though, I walk quite a bit, cycle, swim and whatnot. Which I actually believe is a better workout than going to the gym. Our bodies were made to move in natural ways. Not lifting crap in a cramped smelly room.

That's better. I can't even swim and cycle :( Those are better alternatives than going to the gym tbh.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Nope! Squishy and slightly overweight.

At least I have been trying to not overeat and get a good, balanced diet.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

I'm in pretty good shape. I go to the gym 3 times/week and play tennis/run every now and then so I have put on some decent muscle mass. Not as much as those gymbros that grind away day in and day out but good enough. Now I'm working to lose some excess belly fat and it's progressing quite well.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#15 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 15997 Posts

I'm not in shape at all. I'm fat and lazy.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#16 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3639 Posts

Out of shape like 20 pounds overweight. I weigh 186 pounds and need to lose 20 to 30 pounds. Can do it though never really tried eating healthy

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MyCatIsMilk
Member since 2022 • 1144 Posts

I’m in shape. I workout about five times a week for an hour or more, and sometimes I hit the gym once in the am and once in the pm, depending on how I felt about my am session. Sometimes I just have the energy that needs to be used up, so I’ll go again for the night session. But I enjoy working out, it’s a passion of mine that I developed.

I’m a body builder. I don’t have visible abs as I have a little belly fat at my midsection. It’s been there all my life, even when I was anorexic, so I’m assuming it’s genetic.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts

Lol, abs or pecs... It's a balancing act I never quite got the hang of.

I got addicted to the gym for a couple of years and ended up pretty bulky. It did a lot for my confidence but not really for my health. I was a sweaty, wheezy, plodding fucker back then but I had big pecs and what-not, and I guess fairly prominent lumpy bits where my abs should be.

I tried balancing that out with more cardio but it's nigh on impossible to find the sweet spot, where I wasn't burning off all my gains but still feeling fit.

So I ended up saying screw the muscleman game and went the other way, into endurance sports. At my peak, excluding races, I was running 10-15km 6 days a week, with climbing, cycling, squash, swimming and cross fit wherever I could squeeze it in-between. Totally burnt myself out, constantly trying to recover from one injury or another. Stupid and unhealthy and I looked like a freaking sunken-eyed whippet on winstrol.

Nowadays I swim once a week, go to the gym every couple of weeks, occasionally do some push-ups and dumbbell exercises and walk everywhere. I don't look super cut or swole but I feel great and don't need to spend my days planning how I'll get all my macros. Which is good enough for me I think.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9547 Posts

I've been in good shape, but not currently. I've been working at it for over a year now with keto, more exercise, no sugar, no pop/soda, etc. Been working well. Plan on starting to lift again this summer for the first time in several years.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20  Edited By comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38678 Posts

eh. better shape than most men in their mind-40's i'd guess but nothing spectacular. i've always been pretty fit and never had a love for food / snacking so the great shape i was in in my youth kinda carried me along. i'll occasionally have bouts of inspiration to get back into exercising more but it's hard to keep momentum up with the needs of work/life/family. i'd like to get back into running now that the weathers improved. i had been doing 4 miles 2-3 times a week for a while in the fall. no real goal in mind other than getting faster at running 4 miles 2-3 times a week ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i guess setting a good example for my kids would be the best reason these days for me

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts
@Litchie said:

yea I'm in the same boat. tall and skinny. can't be arsed to go to the gym, but I'm still generally active.

I've got a uber fast metabolism, so if I really wanted to bulk up/become more muscular i'd have to eat like 10,000 calories a day and work out a ton. which seems exhausting and kinda pointless, since I'm perfectly healthy as is.