Are you content with Obama being re-elected for a second term?

• 108 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

m0zart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 0

#51 m0zart
Member since 2003 • 11580 Posts

I'm glad he won if only because the expansion of the warfare state will be somewhat slowed compared to a Romney presidency. Him winning didn't make me happy, though, and the people it did tend to be pathetic plebs.Rhazakna

You are one of the more unique posters here. I'm looking forward to reading more... just wish you were more prolific.

Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#52 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts

[QUOTE="AdamPA1006"]

House republicans will keep trying to stop all obamas stuff. Harry reid proclaimed if romney was elected he would stop all his things with the democratic senate. Not much of a win either way

DroidPhysX

rz6lY.png

You're scaring me. Obama is going to put in uber liberals in their place.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]

[QUOTE="AdamPA1006"]

House republicans will keep trying to stop all obamas stuff. Harry reid proclaimed if romney was elected he would stop all his things with the democratic senate. Not much of a win either way

TheWalkingGhost

rz6lY.png

Relative to the courts current structure? Yes. Relative to the warren court? No.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#54 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts
I did not vote for Obama.
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 TheWalkingGhost

I'm planning on moving to Canada, as of last night.

GamerZem
Good move.
Avatar image for deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
deactivated-59f03d6ce656b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56 deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
Member since 2009 • 2944 Posts
Yep, while The House will stop most things from happening in the legislative branch, his appointments to federal courts and SCOTUS will affect the country for decades.
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 TheWalkingGhost

[QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"][QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]

rz6lY.png

DroidPhysX

Relative to the courts current structure? Yes. Relative to the warren court? No.

I am going to have to disagree. How much you want to put down his puts in people to the left of the warren court and in favor of illegal immigration? You down for bet?
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts

[QUOTE="m0zart"]

[QUOTE="GamerZem"]I'm planning on moving to Canada, as of last night.GamerZem

To escape universal health care? Or just to remove yourself from foreign policies you despise being done in your name?

Depending on the answer, I'll know how to categorize you.

It's more of both, really.

The economy is also going down the toilet as we speak.

You don't have a clue about Canada do you?:lol:
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 DroidPhysX
[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]

[QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"] You're scaring me. Obama is going to put in uber liberals in their place.TheWalkingGhost

I am going to have to disagree. How much you want to put down his puts in people to the left of the warren court and in favor of illegal immigration? You down for bet?

The only way the come even near the Warren court is if they legalize gay marriage throughout the country. And even then so, they still need to address a broader range of issues such as campaign finance, affirmative action, corporate personhood the same way the Warren court addressed voting rights, criminal rights, etc.
MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 MgamerBD
Member since 2006 • 17550 Posts
Yes, very much so. Truly the lesser of the two evils. I was fearful of Romney winning. Me and my friends were talking about moving.
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 TheWalkingGhost
[QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"][QUOTE="DroidPhysX"] Relative to the courts current structure? Yes. Relative to the warren court? No.DroidPhysX

The only way the come even near the Warren court is if they legalize gay marriage throughout the country. And even then so, they still need to address a broader range of issues such as campaign finance, affirmative action, corporate personhood the same way the Warren court addressed voting rights, criminal rights, etc.

SO...You are not down for a bet and think immigration may never come before them?
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 DroidPhysX
[QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"][QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"] I am going to have to disagree. How much you want to put down his puts in people to the left of the warren court and in favor of illegal immigration? You down for bet?

SO...You are not down for a bet and think immigration may never come before them?

That won't determine their political spectrum.
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 TheWalkingGhost
[QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"][QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]The only way the come even near the Warren court is if they legalize gay marriage throughout the country. And even then so, they still need to address a broader range of issues such as campaign finance, affirmative action, corporate personhood the same way the Warren court addressed voting rights, criminal rights, etc.DroidPhysX

That won't determine their political spectrum.

I'm sorry. I am very hungry so maybe I missing something. But what do you mean by this? Where do you think they will go on the issue and if it will come before them?
Ncsoftlover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Ncsoftlover
Member since 2007 • 2152 Posts

I am rather happy

-Toshy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 -Toshy-
Member since 2008 • 1376 Posts
I'm okay with it. Neither candidate was going to get much done with congress acting like 4 year olds, but it's nice to have someone "at the top" who you agree with on some issues.
rocinante_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 rocinante_
Member since 2012 • 1772 Posts

i like his message better than romney's so yeah

Avatar image for Frankenstrat247
Frankenstrat247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#68 Frankenstrat247
Member since 2008 • 324 Posts

Happy that Romney wasn't elected. Does that count?

LOXO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 LOXO7
Member since 2008 • 5595 Posts
Yeah, maybe this time he'll do all of the things he said he was going to do in 2008.
Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Nope. Not looking forward to a sh*tty economy for the next four(probably more) years.

CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#71 CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts
I'm content the election is over with. It's like I can let out great sigh of relief. Even though I preferred Romney over Obama, I'm just happy I voted and popped my cherry to the Morman
Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#72 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Oh yeah I am. Barry will be MOONWALKING to the podium for the next 4 years. Pro gay pro choice, pro swag, is really diplomatic, cool as f*ck. I just think Barack is really charming and cool. I like him, and feel that he is a very rational dude.

homegirl2180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#73 homegirl2180
Member since 2004 • 7161 Posts

No. I would have preferred a Ron Paul or Gary Johnson. Future's pretty bleak.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

Yes, collecting the tears of Southern Belles. I'm content.

IdioticIcarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 IdioticIcarus
Member since 2012 • 2167 Posts

Over Mitt Romney, yes. Overall, no.

homegirl2180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 homegirl2180

[QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"][QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]

rz6lY.png

DroidPhysX

Ginsberg will very likely retire. Just replacing one liberal justice with another. If Scalia retires too, that'll be a significant loss for the conservative side of the court.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

I'm dreading the day any of the old, conservative justices retire. Sure am looking forward to not being able to own firearms.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Shmiity

I'm dreading the day any of the old, conservative justices retire. Sure am looking forward to not being able to own firearms.

airshocker

In contrast, I cannot wait for them to retire. Bye bye conservative ass hats! Welcome to 2012.

TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 TheWalkingGhost
[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]

[QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"] You're scaring me. Obama is going to put in uber liberals in their place.homegirl2180

Ginsberg will very likely retire. Just replacing one liberal justice with another. If Scalia retires too, that'll be a significant loss for the conservative side of the court.

Ginsberg has also said she wishes to retire at the age of 82. If she stays true to her word she will be on the bench until 2015. There is a small chance Obama might not get a nomination for a few years. Mind you, SMALL.
The__Kraken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 The__Kraken
Member since 2012 • 858 Posts

Obama, Romney... It was a Lose/Lose situation for America. Romney could well be less bad than Obama, but we won't ever know. As for being content... Well, I would not be content with either Romney or Obama, as I know that America needs (and deserves) a better president than both of them.

Frankly, I'll be "happy" (hyperbolic as that term may be) if a budget gets passed. The only way I'll be content is if Obama and the Republicans&Democrats within Congress work together instead of totally not doing their jobs. Alas, both parties lack the ability, and more importantly, the desire, to compromise and work together for the betterment of the United States of America.

TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 TheWalkingGhost

[QUOTE="airshocker"]

Shmiity

In contrast, I cannot wait for them to retire. Bye bye conservative ass hats! Welcome to 2012.

You might want to grow up one day and join us. If you see conservative as a negative term.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Shmiity

I guess we know who actually supports freedom here.

hydr0_32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 hydr0_32
Member since 2009 • 420 Posts

Yeah, maybe this time he'll do all of the things he said he was going to do in 2008. LOXO7

:lol:

homegirl2180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 homegirl2180

Obama, Romney... It was a Lose/Lose situation for America. Romney could well be less bad than Obama, but we won't ever know. As for being content... Well, I would not be content with either Romney or Obama, as I know that America needs (and deserves) a better president than both of them.

Frankly, I'll be "happy" (hyperbolic as that term may be) if a budget gets passed. The only way I'll be content is if Obama and the Republicans&Democrats within Congress work together instead of totally not doing their jobs. Alas, both parties lack the ability, and more importantly, the desire, to compromise and work together for the betterment of the United States of America.

The__Kraken
....What the crap is that in your sig?
GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#86 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

I was glad that the GOP didn't get rewarded for 4 years of childish behavior.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Shmiity

[QUOTE="Shmiity"]

[QUOTE="airshocker"]

TheWalkingGhost

You might want to grow up one day and join us. If you see conservative as a negative term.

It is not a negative term- but oh my god does it have some negative connotations in 2012.

I honestly just like sh*tting on you guys. I totally lean left, but I am not 100% blue.

The__Kraken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 The__Kraken
Member since 2012 • 858 Posts

....What the crap is that in your sig?homegirl2180

Just a friendly trapdoor spider:

I'd hazard a guess that one of these spiders would make a better president than Obama or Romney.

Avatar image for FutonSentinal62
FutonSentinal62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 FutonSentinal62
Member since 2012 • 55 Posts

The__Kraken

I agree. As far as budgets go, I don't think anyone within the Democratic or Replubican parties will really contruct a conservative or moderate fiscal budget. It will most likey be to the detriment of middle and lower class America.

IdioticIcarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 IdioticIcarus
Member since 2012 • 2167 Posts

[QUOTE="homegirl2180"] ....What the crap is that in your sig?The__Kraken

Just a friendly trapdoor spider:

*picture of horrible spider*

I'd hazard a guess that one of these spiders would make a better president than Obama or Romney.

I already have to close my eyes whenever I see your sig. Now you are posting spider pictures?! :x

:P

LLYNCES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 LLYNCES
Member since 2012 • 378 Posts

Yeah, I'm pretty excited :roll:

2l8h7o.jpg

TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 TheWalkingGhost

[QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"][QUOTE="Shmiity"]

Shmiity

It is not a negative term- but oh my god does it have some negative connotations in 2012.

I honestly just like sh*tting on you guys. I totally lean left, but I am not 100% blue.

I'm not a conservative, I just don't use terms like that in a negative sense.
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 TheWalkingGhost

Yeah, I'm pretty excited :roll:

2l8h7o.jpg

LLYNCES
Most of that is bad, and McConnell sucks and shouldn't be there. But I am pleased they blocked the dream act and immigration reform. I didn't like either.
Avatar image for CreasianDevaili
CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 CreasianDevaili
Member since 2005 • 4429 Posts
[QUOTE="CreasianDevaili"]He is an united states citizen. He was voted in legally. So yes. If Romney had won, the answer is the same. Looking at all the rage this election secures in my mind why we are not ready for more than a two party presidential election system. Fightingfan
He's from Kenya.

Hey thats why i just said united states citizen! TBH I don't care on the matter of where he was originally born.
Avatar image for CreasianDevaili
CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 CreasianDevaili
Member since 2005 • 4429 Posts
[QUOTE="airshocker"]

[QUOTE="Shmiity"]

Even you should understand that it isn't conservatives that defend our freedoms. Its our people, whom we elect. The label only matters as a means to easily pick a side and argue. Furthermore such labels reinforce that all they do is make us argue. All the way to the top even.
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

yes very content.

The alternative was decision making based upon religious dogma rather then reason.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

[QUOTE="Shmiity"]

airshocker

No, but we know who uses tired and outdated rhetoric though. *Freedom as defined by you* lol
Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#98 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

Nope. Not looking forward to a sh*tty economy for the next four(probably more) years.

airshocker
Economy was projected to continue recovering regardless of who became president.
Avatar image for CycleOfViolence
CycleOfViolence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 CycleOfViolence
Member since 2011 • 2813 Posts

I am. I would have been largely content with Romney too (since moderate Romney would have shown up in the White House compared to ultraconservative Romney). I guess I'm too much of an optimist :P

CptJSparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 CptJSparrow
Member since 2007 • 10898 Posts
Yes. I voted third party, but between the two major candidates I hoped for an Obama win.