Are you a smoker???

• 156 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

krazykillaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 krazykillaz
Member since 2002 • 21141 Posts
[QUOTE="beganoo"]

1335758870269.jpg

Damn.

lo_Pine
People who say that people start to smoke because it makes you look cool really amuse me. It is a drug to make you feel better, not a device to make you look cool. Although, most people who don't smoke will play the "you do it 'cause you think it's cool" card. Lame.

It does look pretty cool though.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
I smoke beaches on COD, but dat it.
lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#103 lo_Pine
Member since 2012 • 4978 Posts
[QUOTE="lo_Pine"][QUOTE="beganoo"]

1335758870269.jpg

Damn.

krazykillaz
People who say that people start to smoke because it makes you look cool really amuse me. It is a drug to make you feel better, not a device to make you look cool. Although, most people who don't smoke will play the "you do it 'cause you think it's cool" card. Lame.

It does look pretty cool though.

It does, but the fact that he is smoking a cigarette doesn't make it cool. Maybe the person who made this meme thought that though.
juden41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 juden41
Member since 2010 • 4447 Posts
Nope. I'm open to the idea, though.ghoklebutter
Don't do it.
Grandotaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#106 Grandotaku
Member since 2009 • 2118 Posts

No, tried once and didn't like it.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#107 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17692 Posts

Eh, I don't care if they smoke. If it's a girl though I won't even look her way.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#108 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"]

[QUOTE="codymcclain14"]Yes. And I'm not worried, you got to die sometime, I'd rather die young without being really stressed, than live a long life stressed the f*ck out.codymcclain14

Yeah, that fantastic life of having to go outside to smoke while your friends are inside. The awesomeness of losing capacity of your lungs. That awesome smokers cough and the awesome smoke smell everybody loves. It's also so much more awesome painfully dying of cancer rather than naturally (of course excluding other unforeseen health issues or tragedies) / sarcasm I'll take having to find another way to deal with stress (they do exist you know) instead of all those side effects. Have fun with your choice though. Seriously, what world do you live on where the only negative of smoking is an earlier death?

Hm, Well all my friends smoke. I'm fine with dying a "painfull" death. smoke doesn't bother many people I know, even after I smoke, I smell like AXE. I enjoy smoking, if dying early, or have painfull death is the down side, then so be it. I'm going to enjoy life and do what I enjoy. If that means poisoning myself with cigs., weed, & Alcohol, then I don't care.

Ah To be 15 again
BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#109 BiancaDK
Member since 2008 • 19092 Posts

Yes. And I'm not worried, you got to die sometime, I'd rather die young without being really stressed, than live a long life stressed the f*ck out.codymcclain14

it's proven that habitual smokers are more stressed out, compared to non-smokers

the addiction is stressful, the alleviating effect you feel when you light up a cigarette and inhale, largely stems from appeasing your addiction, causing the addiction to give you a break, before it begins to stress you out again until you light up another cigarette

i smoke cigarettes too, but only when i'm out of skunk

now there's a non-stress factor for you right there

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

1335758870269.jpg

Damn.

beganoo
If that's cool, does that make Jared Leto's character in Requiem for a dream cool when he's injecting heroin into his infected arm? All the guy in the photo is doing is satisfying his addiction when he really should be concentrating on something else, hardly cool in my opinion.
PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts
No, I don't smoke and try to avoid any other activity that can adversely effect my health (within reason). I don't have an issue with smokers though and have many friends who do.
NirdBerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 NirdBerd
Member since 2007 • 2113 Posts

I smoke cigarettes, but I wouldn't call myself a smoker per se.

I only have that odd cigarette when I want to wind down and relax. I can relax without, but it feels damn good to be with one.

I wouldn't call myself a smoker because I don't go through like a pack a day or anything like that. I also have good self control so I don't have a major freak out when my body is low on nicotine.

If I really enjoy that one cigarette I smoked to relax, maybe I'll pull out another one. I dunno, my answer is very weird :P

PiscesChick93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#113 PiscesChick93
Member since 2008 • 10732 Posts

Nope

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

I quit smoking over ten years ago and haven't looked back. I get to spend all that money on something else, like video games.

codymcclain14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#115 codymcclain14
Member since 2010 • 6017 Posts

[QUOTE="codymcclain14"]

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"] Yeah, that fantastic life of having to go outside to smoke while your friends are inside. The awesomeness of losing capacity of your lungs. That awesome smokers cough and the awesome smoke smell everybody loves. It's also so much more awesome painfully dying of cancer rather than naturally (of course excluding other unforeseen health issues or tragedies) / sarcasm I'll take having to find another way to deal with stress (they do exist you know) instead of all those side effects. Have fun with your choice though. Seriously, what world do you live on where the only negative of smoking is an earlier death?

chaoscougar1

Hm, Well all my friends smoke. I'm fine with dying a "painfull" death. smoke doesn't bother many people I know, even after I smoke, I smell like AXE. I enjoy smoking, if dying early, or have painfull death is the down side, then so be it. I'm going to enjoy life and do what I enjoy. If that means poisoning myself with cigs., weed, & Alcohol, then I don't care.

Ah To be 15 again

Many people have said they smoke cause they enjoy it, and don't care about the side effects. But yet you confront me, and suggest everything I say is related to my age?

EDIT: Oh, and I'm 16. Just saying. :P

codymcclain14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 codymcclain14

[QUOTE="codymcclain14"]Yes. And I'm not worried, you got to die sometime, I'd rather die young without being really stressed, than live a long life stressed the f*ck out.BiancaDK

it's proven that habitual smokers are more stressed out, compared to non-smokers

the addiction is stressful, the alleviating effect you feel when you light up a cigarette and inhale, largely stems from appeasing your addiction, causing the addiction to give you a break, before it begins to stress you out again until you light up another cigarette

this may be true, but, it calms me. and I enjoy it. So... lol. And Skunk? Are you talking about skunk weed?
NirdBerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 NirdBerd

[QUOTE="BiancaDK"]

[QUOTE="codymcclain14"]Yes. And I'm not worried, you got to die sometime, I'd rather die young without being really stressed, than live a long life stressed the f*ck out.codymcclain14

this may be true, but, it calms me. and I enjoy it. So... lol. And Skunk? Are you talking about skunk weed?

I'd be worried if they were smoking an actual Skunk D:

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#118 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127527 Posts
I don't smoke...
codymcclain14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 codymcclain14

[QUOTE="codymcclain14"][QUOTE="BiancaDK"]

NirdBerd

I'd be worried if they were smoking an actual Skunk D:

Yeah. :lol: I'm pretty sure he was talknig about weed tho.
BatCrazedJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 BatCrazedJoker
Member since 2012 • 1611 Posts
I do not smoke and it has never crossed my mind.
wavey_gravey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#121 wavey_gravey
Member since 2007 • 11155 Posts
Hell no, smoking is disgusting. It looks disgusting, it smells disgusting, it turns your teeth and fingers yellow, dulls your taste buds and gives you terrible breath. No thanks.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

[QUOTE="codymcclain14"]Yes. And I'm not worried, you got to die sometime, I'd rather die young without being really stressed, than live a long life stressed the f*ck out.Toxic-Seahorse

Yeah, that fantastic life of having to go outside to smoke while your friends are inside. The awesomeness of losing capacity of your lungs. That awesome smokers cough and the awesome smoke smell everybody loves. It's also so much more awesome painfully dying of cancer rather than naturally (of course excluding other unforeseen health issues or tragedies) / sarcasm I'll take having to find another way to deal with stress (they do exist you know) instead of all those side effects. Have fun with your choice though. Seriously, what world do you live on where the only negative of smoking is an earlier death?

Go speak to folks in a nursing home who can't dress or bathe themselves. Who can't use the bathroom on their own. Who can't feed themselves. See how much they enjoy dying "naturally".

kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 kingkong0124
Member since 2012 • 8329 Posts

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"]

[QUOTE="codymcclain14"]Yes. And I'm not worried, you got to die sometime, I'd rather die young without being really stressed, than live a long life stressed the f*ck out.worlock77

Go speak to folks in a nursing home who can't dress or bathe themselves. Who can't use the bathroom on their own. Who can't feed themselves. See how much they enjoy dying "naturally".

that's not always the case. lots of people simply die peacefully in their sleep.

Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#124 Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

I mainly smoke Marlboro reds when I'm out and about, but I'll smoke cigars when I can get my hands on one. If I'm at home and want to relax I'll smoke my pipe.

kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 kingkong0124

also, dying from cancer and other ailments caused by smoking is not fun at all.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"] Yeah, that fantastic life of having to go outside to smoke while your friends are inside. The awesomeness of losing capacity of your lungs. That awesome smokers cough and the awesome smoke smell everybody loves. It's also so much more awesome painfully dying of cancer rather than naturally (of course excluding other unforeseen health issues or tragedies) / sarcasm I'll take having to find another way to deal with stress (they do exist you know) instead of all those side effects. Have fun with your choice though. Seriously, what world do you live on where the only negative of smoking is an earlier death?

kingkong0124

that's not always the case. lots of people simply die peacefully in their sleep.

Most people in the nursing home die peacefully in their sleep, after years of indignity and suffering.

kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 kingkong0124

[QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

worlock77

Most people in the nursing home die peacefully in their sleep, after years of indignity and suffering.

yeah you're right, but then again most people die peacefully from cancer after years of suffering too. And don't you think life's too great of a thing to shorten like that, I'm sure as an atheist you'd understand that. There's too many places to visit, people to meet, foods to try, girls to talk to, books to read, etc. to just be like screw it.

l4dak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 l4dak47
Member since 2009 • 6838 Posts

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

kingkong0124

yeah you're right, but then again most people die peacefully from cancer after years of suffering too. And don't you think life's too great of a thing to shorten like that, I'm sure as an atheist you'd understand that. There's too many places to visit, people to meet, foods to try, girls to talk to, books to read, etc. to just be like screw it.

You can't really do those when you're very old.
kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 kingkong0124
[QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

l4dak47

You can't really do those when you're very old.

well, it depends on how healthy you are when you're old. If you're fairly healthy, I'm sure you can still meet people, visit places, read books, etc.
NirdBerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 NirdBerd

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

kingkong0124

We could all die anytime, ok maybe that statement can seem quite outlandish but it's true.

my GREAT grandmother is still alive after being a smoker for 30 years and she looks very young and travels places

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

kingkong0124

I think life's too great of a thing to live old, feeble and unable to care for myself or enjoy it.

rastotm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 rastotm
Member since 2011 • 1380 Posts

I once heard a tale of a person who smoked from age 16-26, he lived happily ever after and he maintained a better lung capacity then the majority of his friends because he actually did sports.
My point being, the smoking being unhealthy thing is pulled extremely out of proportion compared to other bad habits such as not moving, eating unhealthy or drinking alot.

ddlcpc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 ddlcpc
Member since 2007 • 887 Posts

I don't remember the exact age but before my year 4 of school I once tried to secretly smoke out of curiosity but had a bad experience......

l4dak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 l4dak47

I don't remember the exact age but before my year 4 of school I once tried to secretly smoke out of curiosity but had a bad experience......

ddlcpc
Did you get nic sick?
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

I once heard a tale of a person who smoked from age 16-26, he lived happily ever after and he maintained a better lung capacity then the majority of his friends because he actually did sports.
My point being, the smoking being unhealthy thing is pulled extremely out of proportion compared to other bad habits such as not moving, eating unhealthy or drinking alot.

rastotm
Yeah, tell that to both my grandmothers who both died from lung cancer due to smoking. For every 1 of those "he smoked and lived to be old and healthy" stories there are 10 people that die of cancer due to smoking. It's a stupid thing to bring up.
rastotm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 rastotm

[QUOTE="rastotm"]

Toxic-Seahorse

Yeah, tell that to both my grandmothers who both died from lung cancer due to smoking. For every 1 of those "he smoked and lived to be old and healthy" stories there are 10 people that die of cancer due to smoking. It's a stupid thing to bring up.

People who eat horrid foods their entire life die because of that, People who never do sports their entire life die because of that, people who drinks lots of alcohol their entire life die because of that. I realize that smoking is hazardous, but constantly hammering on it is quite stupid considering there are major other health problems out there which are largely ignored.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts

Smoking is bad, MK?

crack.jpg

l4dak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 l4dak47

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"][QUOTE="rastotm"]

rastotm

People who eat horrid foods their entire life die because of that, People who never do sports their entire life die because of that, people who drinks lots of alcohol their entire life die because of that. I realize that smoking is hazardous, but constantly hammering on it is quite stupid considering there are major other health problems out there which are largely ignored.

Yep. I wanted to smoke and drink. So in order to be able to do both of those things, I go to the gym 4-5 times a week and I eat a very healthy diet consisting of mostly whole grains, fruits, and vegetables. And I don't even smoke that often.
almostriver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 almostriver
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Once in a while. Cigarettes are so expensive here that it is impossible to keep up a habit. But when I can shell out $14, I go for Parliament 100s.
l4dak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 l4dak47
Once in a while. Cigarettes are so expensive here that it is impossible to keep up a habit. But when I can shell out $14, I go for Parliament 100s.almostriver
Canada? Maybe the U.K? I live in Ct and it's anywhere from 8-15 bucks so I have to really control my smoking too.
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Toxic-Seahorse

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"][QUOTE="rastotm"]

rastotm

Is this thread about alcohol or sports? No, it's not. It's about smoking. I realize there are a lot of other hazards out there, but this thread is about smoking so that's what I'm talking about. Pointing out that there are other hazards out there doesn't make smoking any better anyways, so I'm not sure what you're trying to prove.

rastotm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 rastotm

[QUOTE="rastotm"]

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"] Yeah, tell that to both my grandmothers who both died from lung cancer due to smoking. For every 1 of those "he smoked and lived to be old and healthy" stories there are 10 people that die of cancer due to smoking. It's a stupid thing to bring up. Toxic-Seahorse

Is this thread about alcohol or sports? No, it's not. It's about smoking. I realize there are a lot of other hazards out there, but this thread is about smoking so that's what I'm talking about. Pointing out that there are other hazards out there doesn't make smoking any better anyways, so I'm not sure what you're trying to prove.

Read the Topic: Are you a smoker????If so, do you worry about its effect it has on your health? Or does it not cross your mind at all?
My points were relevant to the question, as it concerns my opinion on the effect of smoking on a persons health, which I personally measure by other harmfull activities.

almostriver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 almostriver
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="almostriver"]Once in a while. Cigarettes are so expensive here that it is impossible to keep up a habit. But when I can shell out $14, I go for Parliament 100s.l4dak47
Canada? Maybe the U.K? I live in Ct and it's anywhere from 8-15 bucks so I have to really control my smoking too.

NYC. I think we have the highest cigarette prices here. I'd be a lot happier paying $8.
l4dak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 l4dak47
[QUOTE="l4dak47"][QUOTE="almostriver"]Once in a while. Cigarettes are so expensive here that it is impossible to keep up a habit. But when I can shell out $14, I go for Parliament 100s.almostriver

NYC. I think we have the highest cigarette prices here. I'd be a lot happier paying $8.

You poor bastard. Ct is striving to be like NYC.
freek666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 freek666
Member since 2007 • 22312 Posts

Si senor, but I haven't been able to afford a deck in over a week and the only time I've smoked in this period was yesterday when I asked a stranger if they had one to spare. It was the best cigarette ever and it was a Marlboro, so that should be saying something.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#146 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

Smoking is bad, MK?

crack.jpg

KC_Hokie
Not a Nazi swastika Learn2Differentiate
soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#147 soulless4now
Member since 2003 • 41388 Posts

No, can't stand the smell.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Toxic-Seahorse

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"]

[QUOTE="rastotm"] People who eat horrid foods their entire life die because of that, People who never do sports their entire life die because of that, people who drinks lots of alcohol their entire life die because of that. I realize that smoking is hazardous, but constantly hammering on it is quite stupid considering there are major other health problems out there which are largely ignored.

rastotm

Read the Topic: Are you a smoker????If so, do you worry about its effect it has on your health? Or does it not cross your mind at all?
My points were relevant to the question, as it concerns my opinion on the effect of smoking on a persons health, which I personally measure by other harmfull activities.

You measure the damage smoking does by looking at the damage other stuff does? That makes no sense. You should use scientific data to determine how bad smoking is, not relate it to other things, as smoking and having an eating disorder or being an alcoholic harm to body in different ways and shouldn't be compared.
howlrunner13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#150 howlrunner13
Member since 2005 • 4408 Posts

Don't smoke and never will.