Arabs are finished

• 101 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hiddai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

User Lists: 0

#51 Hiddai
Member since 2004 • 6117 Posts

@yixingtpot said:

who have committed the most unabated genocides in the modern ear, Europeans/Americans

who have used nuclear weapons, Americans. Used upon Japan after they had already 'conditionally' surrendered yet two bombs were dropped on civilian cities. Nuclear weapons were used in all the current middle east war in the forms of DU munitions, depleted uranium has a half life of 4.5 billions years, and the endless birth defects go unreported on corporate controlled US propagandized 'news'.

The propagandized 'cold war' only killed millions of Asians, Africans and Arabs, never was there known a death of a white Russian against a white American.

Marxism, Communism, Christianity, Judaism are all invented by Jewish people, or so called Jews despite there being no such thing as a 'pure blooded Jewish race of people' on Earth. Semitic only refers to the Hebrew language at best, nothing to do with race, and even if it did, there are probably less than 1% of the entire human population that is literate in Hebrew... meaning reading and writing Semitic.

They just announced on the News via the web that the US found $1.5 TRILLION worth of mineral deposits in Afghanistan... oh really? that is the real reason they invaded the country illegally, they use HAARP tomography to find any mineral, rare earth, gold, oil deposits on the planet, they already know where the treasures are, so they invade illegally to steal the resources of these innocent nations and propagandize by whatever means necessary to achieve their agenda of greed, deception and subversion of reality and truth.

the problem is not Islam or Arabs although I'm personally anti-religious, but I'd say the fanatics of modern reality are what I call Nazionists, those that use elitism eugenics via the front of false righteous Zionism to commit genocide against innocent peoples of the world and it's been going on for hundreds if not thousands of years. Nazionists are Nazi Zionists and they are far more successful than Islamists.

You can't claim that there is no such a thing "Pure blooded Jews". You can't do this check but i am sure some eastern european jews remained "pure" Jews. There is more probability that the Jews who remained in the arabic countries are still "pure" since the relations between the Muslims and Jews were good and they didn't have to keep their Judaism on the low like the European jews did.

And you are full of sh1t when it comes to Zionism. You don't know nothing about Jews or Zionism. Here in Israel we regard it as the same thing. I let myself claim that the smartest persons in the history were Jews. You should come to Israel and see a Palestinian elementary school in the West Bank and the Jewish elementary school in Tel Aviv and see the differences. In the Jewish school you learn math, science etc. while in the Palestinian school they teach the kids how to kill Jews. Your behavior is barbaric and no surprise you kill each other like it ain't no sh1t. Islam which came from the word Salam (peace) was once the most peaceful religion probably but these days the extremists are destroying the good name of your religion.

Oh and BTW when you will stop hiding rockets inside hospitals we will stop bombing them...This "trick" of shooting from civillian areas isn't working on our Airforce.

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#52 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

@yixingtpot said:

The propagandized 'cold war' only killed millions of Asians, Africans and Arabs, never was there known a death of a white Russian against a white American.

>implying there are white Russians

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

@Hiddai said:

@GazaAli said:

@Hiddai said:

@GazaAli said:

@Hiddai said:

I don't think so...but this ISIS is very interesting thing from my perspective as a middle eastern person.

How are you a middle eastern exactly?

IIRC we both live in the Middle East...

So if I happened to move to Europe at some point would that make me European? Just because you live somewhere doesn't automatically render you native to it. It also doesn't mean you coalesced with it.You of all people should know that.

True. But i didn't move to the middle east. I was born here...what do you think i am?

Its going to take way more than one generation for some people to claim to be native to some region.

Hiddai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Hiddai

@GazaAli said:

@Hiddai said:

@GazaAli said:

@Hiddai said:

@GazaAli said:

@Hiddai said:

I don't think so...but this ISIS is very interesting thing from my perspective as a middle eastern person.

So if I happened to move to Europe at some point would that make me European? Just because you live somewhere doesn't automatically render you native to it. It also doesn't mean you coalesced with it.You of all people should know that.

True. But i didn't move to the middle east. I was born here...what do you think i am?

Its going to take way more than one generation for some people to claim to be native to some region.

Alright then...i am more than one generation here...argghhhh (lol)

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts
@GazaAli said:

@Hiddai said:

@GazaAli said:

@Hiddai said:

@GazaAli said:

@Hiddai said:

What is your definition of native? According to all definitions I have seen he is as native as one can be.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

@bforrester420 said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

@bforrester420 said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

a stunning turn when you think of their place in history as one of the most advanced and brilliant civilizations that ever existed.

Largely due to the discovery of the region's vast oil reserves and the subsequent manipulation by western nations, the U.K. and U.S. most notably. That and the Mongols, of course.

lulz. yeah, the united states fucked over the arabs 200 years before the europeans discovered north america.

goddamn us!!!!

Look at our history in the region post WWII. Overthrowing the Iranian government in the 50s because they wanted to nationalize their oil industry. U.K. basically redrawing the map after WWII. The U.S. installing Hussein in Iraq, supporting them in their war with Iran and then selling weapons to Iran at the same time.

i'm talking about the fall of the golden age of arab civilization a time when if not for them vast amounts of ancient knowledge would have been lost and the world flocked to iraqs city's as the greatest centers of science and education ever assembled up to that point.

the tragedy of the 13th century far outstrips the 20th and it is not even close.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#57 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

What? There are millions of arabs, muslims or whatever ethnicity or religion you hate that live in peace. There are evil people everywhere that just do stuff because they can, not because their so called god told them to do it

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#58 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3878 Posts

@lamprey263: We should not have to pay for someone else to get birth control, or abortions. You people on the left want every one else to pay for your way of life and to live the way you do. Your way of life has to forced on people most people do not willingly choose to live your way. Every time you come out with a statement like you made I an going to call you on it.

SoftwareGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#59 SoftwareGeek
Member since 2014 • 573 Posts

@JimB:

How are we paying for others' birth control and abortions?

SoftwareGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 SoftwareGeek

@Riverwolf007 said:

@bforrester420 said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

a stunning turn when you think of their place in history as one of the most advanced and brilliant civilizations that ever existed.

Largely due to the discovery of the region's vast oil reserves and the subsequent manipulation by western nations, the U.K. and U.S. most notably. That and the Mongols, of course.

lulz. yeah, the united states fucked over the arabs 200 years before the europeans discovered north america.

goddamn us!!!!

lol. no kidding river, that's what I thought too. Haters gonna hate.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

@BossPerson said:

@Dogswithguns said:

Middle East world sux since forever IMO. they prayed God every half an hour?!... well, let them be..

i fucked your mom

I chuckled.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By GazaAli

@themajormayor said:
@GazaAli said:

What is your definition of native? According to all definitions I have seen he is as native as one can be.

I don't think there is a "one size fits all" definition for native so the dichotomy of native vs nonnative should be carried out on a case by case basis. But while keeping in mind however general guidelines like the very straightforward one that some people that are newcomers to a region will need several generations living long enough under certain conditions in that region to call themselves native to it. Look at the U.S for example. It took quite the long time for early European emigrants to dissolve into pure Americanism and for their nationalistic associations to cease to be. Associations like Irish, German and Italian were still prevalent as recent as early 20th century which is hard to believe looking at how nationalistically homogeneous the American society of today is. Also African Americans were "naturalized" through emancipation just a few decades ago.

In case of Israelis, I think its so laughable it hurts for them to call themselves native Middle-Easterners considering they've been in the region for a few decades and that they still didn't manage to wipe out the native inhabitants of the land they dwell on. Like a tumor trying to establish itself as the natural mode of existence of a body by virtue of sheer aggression and the ability to pathologically subjugate that body.

Hiddai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Hiddai

@GazaAli said:

@themajormayor said:
@GazaAli said:

I don't think there is a "one size fits all" definition for native so the dichotomy of native vs nonnative should be carried out on a case by case basis. But while keeping in mind however general guidelines like the very straightforward one that some people that are newcomers to a region will need several generations living long enough under certain conditions in that region to call themselves native to it. Look at the U.S for example. It took quite the long time for early European emigrants to dissolve into pure Americanism and for their nationalistic associations to cease to be. Associations like Irish, German and Italian were still prevalent as recent as early 20th century which is hard to believe looking at how nationalistically homogeneous the American society of today is. Also African Americans were "naturalized" through emancipation just a few decades ago.

In case of Israelis, I think its so laughable it hurts for them to call themselves native Middle-Easterners considering they've been in the region for a few decades and that they still didn't manage to wipe out the native inhabitants of the land they dwell on. Like a tumor trying to establish itself as the natural mode of existence of a body by virtue of sheer aggression and the ability to pathologically subjugate that body.

Some Israelis are already 13 generations here. I happen to know one.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 GazaAli

@Hiddai said:

@GazaAli said:

@themajormayor said:
@GazaAli said:

Considering the highly diverse composition of the Israeli society, I'm sure some Israelis must be native Middle-Easterners. But that is not to say that Israeli society at large is native to the region. Considering the Western European, Eastern European, Russian and African origins of some Israelis in addition to some 2 million Arabs who are native to the land, the conjecture that these native Israelis/Jews are very few in numbers is a very confident one.

You don't have to be a native to live somewhere, that's what pillaging and monstrosities are there for. Unless you're looking for some moral backbone, in which case lol

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@Riverwolf007 said:

@bforrester420 said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

@bforrester420 said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

goddamn us!!!!

Look at our history in the region post WWII. Overthrowing the Iranian government in the 50s because they wanted to nationalize their oil industry. U.K. basically redrawing the map after WWII. The U.S. installing Hussein in Iraq, supporting them in their war with Iran and then selling weapons to Iran at the same time.

i'm talking about the fall of the golden age of arab civilization a time when if not for them vast amounts of ancient knowledge would have been lost and the world flocked to iraqs city's as the greatest centers of science and education ever assembled up to that point.

the tragedy of the 13th century far outstrips the 20th and it is not even close.

That may be, but that region didn't fall into violence and chaos quite like it has over the last 60 years.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By bforrester420

@softwaregeek said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

@bforrester420 said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

goddamn us!!!!

lol. no kidding river, that's what I thought too. Haters gonna hate.

How can I be a hater when I'm an American of European descent? I simply refuse to give our government a pass for our failed foreign policies all in the name of "National Interests".

That region wasn't nearly as violent or chaotic until the last 60 years when the western world started playing nation-builder in the middle east. Hell, you could even argue the West got that ball rolling during the Crusades when we decided we were going to convert them to Christianity or kill them.

"Haters gonna hate...", the argument you make when you have no argument...derp. You may not have needed college to learn how to bang out code, but you certainly didn't learn any lessons on Cold War foreign policy by skipping it.

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#67 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

This is basically the result of the western world tampering and playing the arabs against each other to control them, it will more than likely blow up in our faces in the near future.

SoftwareGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 SoftwareGeek

@Newhopes said:

This is basically the result of the western world tampering and playing the arabs against each other to control them, it will more than likely blow up in our faces in the near future.

They're doing a fine job of killing each other over there without our "help". Without anyone's help for that matter. If we pull our presence out of the area do you really think they're going to stop killing each other over there? Things will suddenly and magically fix themselves. ISIS will stop beheading people and all will be right with the world? Get real....go crack a book on it and then when you come back with some substantial comments I'll listen to what you have to say, otherwise you're just running your big fat stupid mouth.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By bforrester420

@softwaregeek said:

@Newhopes said:

They're doing a fine job of killing each other over there without our "help". Without anyone's help for that matter. If we pull our presence out of the area do you really think they're going to stop killing each other over there? Things will suddenly and magically fix themselves. ISIS will stop beheading people and all will be right with the world? Get real....go crack a book on it and then when you come back with some substantial comments I'll listen to what you have to say, otherwise you're just running your big fat stupid mouth.

That's what happens when you create a power vacuum (see Iraq and Afghanistan). The younger generations in the ME are growing tired of being poor while the rulers, who have been largely supported by western powers for dependable access to petroleum, have immeasurable wealth. The Saudi Royal house is pretty well hated across the Muslim world and who are their best friends? We are!

Abject poverty coupled with little hope breeds violence and extremism.

SoftwareGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 SoftwareGeek

@bforrester420 said:

@softwaregeek said:

@Newhopes said:

That's what happens when you create a power vacuum (see Iraq and Afghanistan). The younger generations in the ME are growing tired of being poor while the rulers, who have been largely supported by western powers for dependable access to petroleum, have immeasurable wealth. The Saudi Royal house is pretty well hated across the Muslim world and who are their best friends? We are!

Abject poverty coupled with little hope breeds violence and extremism.

they got 99 problems. poverty is just one.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

Thankfully the bad Arabs are going to get punished hard in the near future :) .

Hope they are wiped out, we need to spank them when they are bad.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 themajormayor

@GazaAli said:

@themajormayor said:
@GazaAli said:

European immigration to America largely took place slightly before and during the time when Jews started to return to Israel in big numbers. Associations like that are not really prevalent in Israel, and it's very homogeneous nationalistically.

It's been a big number of decades at this point. And a very big minority has been there for centuries. Yeah Israel is really bad at wiping people out.

How many generations until you lose your nativity to a region?

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

@bforrester420 said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

@bforrester420 said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

@bforrester420 said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

goddamn us!!!!

That may be, but that region didn't fall into violence and chaos quite like it has over the last 60 years.

nope. before 60 years ago it was a tranquil paradise.

lulz.

this is what happens when you have a political axe to grind instead of looking with honesty at one of the most fought over and war torn areas on the entire planet for over a thousand years.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 themajormayor

@GazaAli said:

@Hiddai said:

@GazaAli said:

@themajormayor said:
@GazaAli said:

Considering the highly diverse composition of the Israeli society, I'm sure some Israelis must be native Middle-Easterners. But that is not to say that Israeli society at large is native to the region. Considering the Western European, Eastern European, Russian and African origins of some Israelis in addition to some 2 million Arabs who are native to the land, the conjecture that these native Israelis/Jews are very few in numbers is a very confident one.

Middle Eastern Jews are a majority of the Jews in Israel. Then in addition you have the 1.5 million arabs. So even according to your own definition Israel is at least about 70% native to the ME.

-Blasphemy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 -Blasphemy-
Member since 2005 • 3369 Posts

@softwaregeek said:

@yixingtpot

If you think America is committing genocide you are misinformed. You're definition of the cold war seems off as well. Pretty much everything you just said is tin-foil hat material.

just like iraq had those WOMD right? ISIS, i'm suppose to believe an islamic group is going to name themselves after a egyptian god?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#76 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44685 Posts

@JimB said:

@lamprey263: We should not have to pay for someone else to get birth control, or abortions. You people on the left want every one else to pay for your way of life and to live the way you do. Your way of life has to forced on people most people do not willingly choose to live your way. Every time you come out with a statement like you made I an going to call you on it.

Yeah, abortion is just a way of life, women just get them for fun somewhere between casual trips to the spa and shopping. And women's elective abortions aren't funded with tax dollars, except in cases of rape and incest, in which case I wouldn't call being the victim of that and dealing with it a casual life choice. Many women's clinics, family planning clinics, community clinics receive federal tax dollars because they provide many other services other than abortions, such as health and dental services to people with low income. Money the clinics do get that are used to provide abortions are covered by fees for the services for elective abortions.

As for birth control. It's in great public interest to have those provided to women, after all the fiscal strain of dealing with the consequences of unintended pregnancies of women would be a lot greater than the costs of providing them birth control coverage, which is very costly and many women would probably opt out of using it if they had to pay the costs themselves. You'd then have costs up the ass for welfare, child tax credits, food stamps, healthcare, day care, education, housing assistance, programs associated with rearing costs, etc. So, from a fiscal perspective providing women with birth control is a responsible approach. Not to mention shifting focus of employer coverage is a fair development, after all unlike most of the civilized world (or unlike 83% of the world's nations) the United States doesn't have any compulsory employer requirements in the US allowing women paid leave for having children, just limited non-paid maternity leave in which they're supposed to be allowed to return to work. Employers that bitch about having to provide birth control should be grateful they're not required to provide paid maternity leave.

How people use their money in pooled medical insurance benefits at the betterment of their health either isn't any of your concern. I don't throw a shit-fit because the money that my heathcare premiums go toward treating people who get skin cancer when it was their life choice to maybe use a sun bed or soak of harmful rays on a beach or spent too much time outdoors. And as for how tax dollars go toward providing women care, our tax dollars get spent in a number of ways the average person might approve or disapprove of, women choosing to get birth control coverage subsidized by the government is of little consequence to me, again it's far less costly for the government to provide that than the costs the government incurs when these women have children by accident. But spare me the it's unfair argument, the batshit crazy right has always been against abortion and these proxy reasons like where the money comes from are inconsequential, they'll continue to rail against it regardless of the reasons you mentioned.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By JimB

@softwaregeek: 10% of Americans have been aborted since abortion was made legal in America. We on the right don't believe in the taking of an innocent life. On the other hand abortion is the law and a woman has the right to have an abortion we just don't believe we should have to pay for them. We have never take a women right away from them. What would you think if we passed a law that said someone had to donate money to a church if they didn't believe in God it is the same with abortion and birth control. You are all falling for this phony war on women crap.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#78 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@JimB said:

@softwaregeek: 10% of Americans have been aborted since abortion was made legal in America. We on the right don't believe in the taking of an innocent life. On the other hand abortion is the law and a woman has the right to have an abortion we just don't believe we should have to pay for them. We have never take a women right away from them. What would you think if we passed a law that said someone had to donate money to a church if they didn't believe in God it is the same with abortion and birth control. You are all falling for this phony war on women crap.

Don't blame the opposite side if they are making it out to be a war on women.. Blame the right.. You guys are easy targets to pin that crap on when we have things like this..

This is the panel of "experts" they brought to speak out against the Affordable Healthcare act with things involving women's contraception.. Notice anything odd about this picture?? And then your most popular speakers like Limbaugh, specifically attacked the woman on the other side for being more or less a whore.. You may not want it to look like a war on women's rights, but you sure make it extremely easy to have it interpreted as that way..

SoftwareGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By SoftwareGeek

@-Blasphemy- said:

@softwaregeek said:

@yixingtpot

If you think America is committing genocide you are misinformed. You're definition of the cold war seems off as well. Pretty much everything you just said is tin-foil hat material.

just like iraq had those WOMD right? ISIS, i'm suppose to believe an islamic group is going to name themselves after a egyptian god?

I'm not denying that WOMD was either

A) manufactured bullshit lies

B) faulty intel

But using that to reach for genocide is way off base.

@lamprey263 said:

"But spare me the it's unfair argument, the batshit crazy right has always been against abortion and these proxy reasons like where the money comes from are inconsequential, they'll continue to rail against it regardless of the reasons you mentioned."

They will because just like ISIS, they want to force their belief system on everyone. BOOM!

SoftwareGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 SoftwareGeek

@JimB said:

Calling birth control benefits free is what is misleading. It's not free. To get bc without a co-pay means you have an insurance policy. Insurance is paid for. There's a good article about it here: Why Birth Control Is Not Free

The article is very well written and I recommend reading it. If you don't, I'll sum it up by saying this. Insurance is paid for, your premium pays for the birth control. Therefore, getting birth control without co-pay doesn't make it free. Birth control is cheaper than an unwanted pregnancy which saves the insurance companies money in the long run. This in turn saves the working joe (like me) money on premiums down the road. Getting birth control is now a service that the insurance companies provide to their employees. These employees earn that coverage by virtue of their labor. So calling birth control free is absurd. I'm not calling it a war on women. You are. I think of birth control as a way to control costs and save money. I could not possibly care any less about your religious beliefs in some magic man in the sky. I understand that you have them, but you will not force them on me. You will not force your way of life on me either. If you don't agree with birth control don't take it. I however, believe people should have choice and access to birth control.

Prawephet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Prawephet
Member since 2014 • 385 Posts

@JimB: Whoa. Wtf do you mean we shouldn't pay for birth control? That is absurd. Of course we should be providing birth control for free. In certain circumstances abortions should be provides for as well. Certain things in this world should be given away. It's not like we are asking for free cars or free electronics.

Other things should be free as well. Prescription glasses should be given to people. Necessities of life and population control should be free or attainable.

SoftwareGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By SoftwareGeek

@prawephet said:

@JimB: Whoa. Wtf do you mean we shouldn't pay for birth control? That is absurd. Of course we should be providing birth control for free. In certain circumstances abortions should be provides for as well. Certain things in this world should be given away. It's not like we are asking for free cars or free electronics.

Other things should be free as well. Prescription glasses should be given to people. Necessities of life and population control should be free or attainable.

We're good at making bombs. We give those away for free too. And unlike healthcare which is paid for, the bombs are truly free. The people receiving them don't pay a single dime for them. Neat huh?

limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts
@foxhound_fox said:

As someone who enjoys the history, architecture and intellectual strides of the Arab world I, while not surprised, am deeply bothered that people in that region are more concerned with religious problems and matters than preserving what built them as a people and culture.

And there was a time when Muslims were more culturally, scientifically and medically forward than European Christians.

The region's progress in science/medicine had nothing to do with Islam, despite the revisionist term "Islamic Golden Age".

That being said I agree: as someone that loves history it bothers me that I may never get to see some of the great historic sites in the Middle East. I wouldn't feel safe traveling there........

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#85  Edited By alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

@limpbizkit818 said:
@foxhound_fox said:

As someone who enjoys the history, architecture and intellectual strides of the Arab world I, while not surprised, am deeply bothered that people in that region are more concerned with religious problems and matters than preserving what built them as a people and culture.

And there was a time when Muslims were more culturally, scientifically and medically forward than European Christians.

The region's progress in science/medicine had nothing to do with Islam, despite the revisionist term "Islamic Golden Age".

That being said I agree: as someone that loves history it bothers me that I may never get to see some of the great historic sites in the Middle East. I wouldn't feel safe traveling there........

Seek knowledge from the cradle to the grave.

The ink of the scholar is more holy than the blood of martyr.

The acquisition of knowledge is a duty incumbent on every Muslim, male and female.

Go in search of knowledge even into China.

The learned ones are the heirs of the prophets. They have knowledge as their inheritance; and he who inherits it, he inherits a great fortune.

One scholar has more power over the devil than a thousand devout men.

He does not die, who takes learning.

Knowledge from which no benefit is derived is like a treasure out of which nothing is spent in the cause of God.

One who treads a path in search of knowledge has his path to Paradise made easy by God.

Whoso honors the learned, honors me.

To listen to the words of the learned and to instill into the lessons of science is better than religious exercises.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 JimB

@softwaregeek: What ever happened to being self reliant. My wife and I bought our own birth control products. Today people want some one else to buy every thing for them including cell phones. When does it end.

SoftwareGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 SoftwareGeek

@JimB said:

@softwaregeek: What ever happened to being self reliant. My wife and I bought our own birth control products. Today people want some one else to buy every thing for them including cell phones. When does it end.

They are self reliant. They are paying for the service. You're outlook is flawed. Mine was too at one time. All I watched was Fox News. Once I started watching some other news stations, I started piecing things together and figured out that my view of things was too narrow. Not everything is black and white. There are some gray area's that we as a society have to deal with. You have to take the data from multiple sources and piece things together. I was watching fox news when Hannity said that Obama-care was going to cause him to fire his gardener because the ACA would cost him too much money. Really? He's gonna mow his own lawn....suuuurrre. The right as it exists in it's current form should be considered Cheap Labor conservatives. The right keeps saying things like "wake up"! Well, I did wake up. I'm sick and tired of the right's endless bitching and doom forecasting. The ACA has been around for about a year....people aren't starving to death and Hannity isn't mowing his own yard.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 JimB

@softwaregeek: Liked the left preaching doom and gloom on Climate Change. By the way I check many news outlets and I can see a snow job when I see one. Back to free health care, nothing is free someone has to pay for it. With 47% of the people in the US paying little or no taxes it falls to the other 52% to pick up the tab. All I hear from the 47% is give me more. What happens when the 52% says that it I quit and get on the free loader wagon. Who pays for the free stuff then?

SoftwareGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By SoftwareGeek

@JimB said:

@softwaregeek: Liked the left preaching doom and gloom on Climate Change. By the way I check many news outlets and I can see a snow job when I see one. Back to free health care, nothing is free someone has to pay for it. With 47% of the people in the US paying little or no taxes it falls to the other 52% to pick up the tab. All I hear from the 47% is give me more. What happens when the 52% says that it I quit and get on the free loader wagon. Who pays for the free stuff then?

meh, that's a load of hog wash. It ain't free. Been trying to tell ya that. but you ain't a listening son.

Born_Lucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Born_Lucky
Member since 2003 • 1730 Posts

If ISIS are "radical extremists who have hijacked Islam", then what was mohammad.???

He beheaded thousands of innocent people.

Was mohammad a "radical extremist who hijacked Islam" ?

These people are doing what muslims have been doing for 1400 years. Nothing "radical" about it.

This is every day run of the mill islam.

It's not a religion of peace , and it never has been.

TehFuneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By TehFuneral
Member since 2007 • 8237 Posts

Arabs suck :(

But I wouldn't say we are finished.

I'm very proud of my country, UAE, and city, Dubai, of all of their achievements.

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 GrayF0X786
Member since 2012 • 4185 Posts
@Born_Lucky said:

If ISIS are "radical extremists who have hijacked Islam", then what was mohammad.???

These people are doing what muslims have been doing for 1400 years. Nothing "radical" about it.

lol

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 themajormayor

@limpbizkit818 said:
@foxhound_fox said:

Don't exaggerate. Most countries in the Middle East are perfectly safe.

Hiddai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Hiddai

@TehFuneral said:

Arabs suck :(

But I wouldn't say we are finished.

I'm very proud of my country, UAE, and city, Dubai, of all of their achievements.

I am from Israel and i would like to go visit there some time. From the pics it looks amazing.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#95  Edited By k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

@Hiddai said:

@GazaAli said:

@Hiddai said:

@GazaAli said:

@Hiddai said:

An Invader.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178874 Posts

@softwaregeek said:

@JimB said:

They are self reliant. They are paying for the service. You're outlook is flawed. Mine was too at one time. All I watched was Fox News. Once I started watching some other news stations, I started piecing things together and figured out that my view of things was too narrow. Not everything is black and white. There are some gray area's that we as a society have to deal with. You have to take the data from multiple sources and piece things together. I was watching fox news when Hannity said that Obama-care was going to cause him to fire his gardener because the ACA would cost him too much money. Really? He's gonna mow his own lawn....suuuurrre. The right as it exists in it's current form should be considered Cheap Labor conservatives. The right keeps saying things like "wake up"! Well, I did wake up. I'm sick and tired of the right's endless bitching and doom forecasting. The ACA has been around for about a year....people aren't starving to death and Hannity isn't mowing his own yard.

Uh....you're not entirely correct either. And how did this thread end up with this discussion anyway? Never mind...don't want to know.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#97  Edited By k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

@Born_Lucky said:

limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts

@k--m--k said:

@Born_Lucky said:

What is the point of this post?

SoftwareGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 SoftwareGeek

@LJS9502_basic said:

@softwaregeek said:

@JimB said:

Uh....you're not entirely correct either. And how did this thread end up with this discussion anyway? Never mind...don't want to know.

uh no, i am 100% right. I am never wrong. If I were ever wrong, it would cause a rift in the space time continuum and the fabric of humanity would be vanquished forever. *chuckle*. I'm pretty much right about Hannity not mowing his own yard though. 5.9% unemp rate btw.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

@softwaregeek said:

uh no, i am 100% right. I am never wrong. If I were ever wrong, it would cause a rift in the space time continuum and the fabric of humanity would be vanquished forever. *chuckle*. I'm pretty much right about Hannity not mowing his own yard though. 5.9% unemp rate btw.

You sure do like to cherry pick, don't you? Kind of like the government. What about the U6 number? That gets swept under the rug because it's too inconvenient for you to talk about?