Anyone spending their day watching Star Wars?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

They have been showing both the original and prequel trilogies on Spike all weekend. Today is the original trilogy. Anyone watching?

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

Again?!

How many times can they air them? You'd think they find some other movies to fill up for time on a weekend.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 -ParaNormaN-

@hallenbeck77: Haha, they showed Episodes 1-3 both Friday and Saturday and saved the best for last!

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Don't have TV. But I do have the original, unadulterated trilogy. Wish I had time for a movie marathon.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts

No.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Hallenbeck77  Moderator

@foxhound_fox said:

Don't have TV. But I do have the original, unadulterated trilogy. Wish I had time for a movie marathon.

Maybe now that Disney owns Lucasfilm, we can finally get a proper Blu-ray release of the original trilogy prior to Lucas' revamp.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 -ParaNormaN-

@hallenbeck77 said:

@foxhound_fox said:

Maybe now that Disney owns Lucasfilm, we can finally get a proper Blu-ray release of the original trilogy prior to Lucas' revamp.

I'd love if they did that. I decided not to get the unaltered dvd release since its ripped straight from the laserdisc and looks like dung.

3eyedrazorback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#8 3eyedrazorback
Member since 2005 • 16380 Posts

Been watching every time they came on. Haven't been around the tele today.

Lord_Daemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 Lord_Daemon
Member since 2005 • 24535 Posts

Nopers...already own the original trilogy on laserdisc that I marathon from time to time.

Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#10 Namgis
Member since 2009 • 3592 Posts

Haven't had a SW marathon in years. I will most likely have one prior to the release of VII. But not before.

@hallenbeck77 said:

@foxhound_fox said:

It'll be tough since A New Hope distribution rights remain with TCF.

Not sure on the logistics, but it looks as though TCF owns the rights through 2020. That is most likely the wrench in Disney's engine. Plus there's always the old rumor that ol' Georgie boy has destroyed all evidence of their existence. But that's just conspiracy theory scuttlebutt.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Hallenbeck77  Moderator

@Namgis said:

Haven't had a SW marathon in years. I will most likely have one prior to the release of VII. But not before.

@hallenbeck77 said:

@foxhound_fox said:

It'll be tough since A New Hope distribution rights remain with TCF.

Not sure on the logistics, but it looks as though TCF owns the rights through 2020. That is most likely the wrench in Disney's engine. Plus there's always the old rumor that ol' Georgie boy has destroyed all evidence of their existence. But that's just conspiracy theory scuttlebutt.

Oh, well...not too big a deal. As much as I like the original trilogy, I can't justify buying a version of the films that I'm not too crazy about.