Anyone here ever Self Harm?

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

methree15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 methree15
Member since 2008 • 620 Posts

I've been debating about whether to make this thread. But, its just the internet and its just not that serious. So I did.

A little bit of a low period lately in my life and for about 2 weeks I would burn myself every now and then. Sometimes scratch too. I'm doing better now but this thread is not about my problems (anyone asking specifically about that won't get a response, for now. just too personal.). I want to know if I'm the only one on these forums who has done something like this.

In addition, what do you think of SI'ers? A bunch of emo whinny teenagers? Mentally ill people? No opnion?

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#2 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
Nope.. i think its pretty disgusting cutting yourself. I know people who do it.. its pretty sad and pretty disgusting. I understand why they do it, i just wish they could find some other way to release their emotions without taking it out on themselves physically.
Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

I've been debating about whether to make this thread. But, its just the internet and its just not that serious. So I did.

A little bit of a low period lately in my life and for about 2 weeks I would burn myself every now and then. Sometimes scratch too. I'm doing better now but this thread is not about my problems (anyone asking specifically about that won't get a response, for now. just too personal.). I want to know if I'm the only one on these forums who has done something like this.

In addition, what do you think of SI'ers? A bunch of emo whinny teenagers? Mentally ill people? No opnion?

methree15

I'm guessing in addition to all of this you feel very depressed, you probably have suicidal thoughts, and you may be anxious. I say this not to insult you, but to let you know that I know what you are going through. I will tell you that it does get better, but you should definitely seek out professional health for this problem. There are probably a lot of negative and painful thoughts and feelings behind your self-harm behaviors thousands of other teens have experienced the same thing that you are right now. The positive side to all this is that what you are experiencing right now is very treatable and you will feel a million times better then you do now after you have sought treatment. Whatvever you do though, please seek help right away because what you are doing is, as I am sure you are aware of, very unhealthy, both physically and psychologically. Oh and I am in school for my PhD for psychology so I'm not just some random person shooting my mouth off.

Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
not cutting or anything, but i fractured my ankle once so i wouldn't ahve to go to work :lol:
SpartanJakey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 SpartanJakey
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
yeah i did cut myself before but it sucked and i realized what i was doing was sad and pathetic. i was doing it because i had lost 2 people very close to me and was going thru a horrible part of my life.
C_BozkurT_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 C_BozkurT_C
Member since 2008 • 3580 Posts
not cutting or anything, but i fractured my ankle once so i wouldn't ahve to go to work :lol:americahellyeah
now thats hardcore
Fandangle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Fandangle
Member since 2003 • 3433 Posts

Never done it.

methree15

I think most ppl who do it could be considered to have some sort of mental illness - It might be time for you to talk to someone about the issues in your life instead of resorting to self harm

Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts

[QUOTE="americahellyeah"]not cutting or anything, but i fractured my ankle once so i wouldn't ahve to go to work :lol:C_BozkurT_C
now thats hardcore

how the hell else would i get to watch the Road Rules marathon :P

hormagaunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 hormagaunt
Member since 2003 • 6309 Posts
no, its stupid
Poedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Poedon
Member since 2002 • 2594 Posts
if smoking and drinking are considered harming oneself then yes. That's about it though. and what are SI's?
NickyGambino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 NickyGambino
Member since 2007 • 66 Posts

I burnt myself with a cigarette a couple of times but that was because I had taken lots of valium and in a haze wanted to know if it hurt (it did a bit). I was into a lot of party drugs at the time like E and amphetemines so I used to use valium for the comedown. I wouldn't recommend taking any of those drugs btw, I know 4 people who've ended up in permanent psychiatric care through taking them.

My sister used to cut herself but she's never really spoken about it. I didn't find out 'til she stopped, she was only 13.

Hope you stay well mate. :D

Poedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Poedon
Member since 2002 • 2594 Posts

I burnt myself with a cigarette a couple of times but that was because I had taken lots of valium and in a haze wanted to know if it hurt (it did a bit). I was into a lot of party drugs at the time like E and amphetemines so I used to use valium for the comedown. I wouldn't recommend taking any of those drugs btw, I know 4 people who've ended up in permanent psychiatric care through taking them.

My sister used to cut herself but she's never really spoken about it. I didn't find out 'til she stopped, she was only 13.

NickyGambino

With a name like Nicky Gambino i bet you've harmed a few other people :P

TanKLoveR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TanKLoveR
Member since 2004 • 5712 Posts
Nope, i dont see the fun in that :?.
fima1fim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 fima1fim
Member since 2008 • 264 Posts
same here
methree15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 methree15

Well we've got one one, five no's and six "finish the job emo's."

I'll let you in on the secert that I do see professional help, which is kinda why discussing issues here is useless. But thanks anyway.

No its not fun. My advice to everyone is play videogames. More then you do now, if that's possible.

NickyGambino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NickyGambino
[QUOTE="NickyGambino"]

Poedon

With a name like Nicky Gambino i bet you've harmed a few other people :P

Brother, I am a gentle soul!;)

krazykillaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 krazykillaz
Member since 2002 • 21141 Posts
No, I like inflicting pain, but I don't actually harm myself.
Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts
I am against selfharm..especially the cutting part..People that do that,have no idea what they are doing to themselves.
I've been through a lot of **** in my life and NEVER have I resorted to something stupid as hurting myself,just because I couldn't handle it anymore.
NickyGambino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 NickyGambino

I am against selfharm..especially the cutting part..People that do that,have no idea what they are doing to themselves.
I've been through a lot of **** in my life and NEVER have I resorted to something stupid as hurting myself,just because I couldn't handle it anymore.Lto_thaG

You're so very strong and manly! I'm sure we all look up to you!:roll:

Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Lto_thaG

[QUOTE="Lto_thaG"]I am against selfharm..especially the cutting part..People that do that,have no idea what they are doing to themselves.
I've been through a lot of **** in my life and NEVER have I resorted to something stupid as hurting myself,just because I couldn't handle it anymore.NickyGambino

Ooh please,don't act like you know what people have gone through.
rom11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 rom11
Member since 2005 • 2049 Posts
I don't harm myself because im emo, just for fun :D
NickyGambino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 NickyGambino
[QUOTE="NickyGambino"]

[QUOTE="Lto_thaG"]I am against selfharm..especially the cutting part..People that do that,have no idea what they are doing to themselves.
I've been through a lot of **** in my life and NEVER have I resorted to something stupid as hurting myself,just because I couldn't handle it anymore.Lto_thaG

But that's exactly what you're doing! You don't know what these people have gone through and you calling it stupid shows your ignorance. Everyone's different, so while you never self harmed others deal with things differently. It's a mental problem and therefore it's not stupid it's a case of them recovering from an illness.

Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Lto_thaG
[QUOTE="Lto_thaG"][QUOTE="NickyGambino"]

I've been through a lot of **** in my life and NEVER have I resorted to something stupid as hurting myself,just because I couldn't handle it anymore.NickyGambino

But that's exactly what you're doing! You don't know what these people have gone through and you calling it stupid shows your ignorance. Everyone's different, so while you never self harmed others deal with things differently. It's a mental problem and therefore it's not stupid it's a case of them recovering from an illness.

Yea,maybe I wasn't to clear with my first post..so let me add something to it,to justify my post a bit.I'm mainly mad about it because of the people at my school.Some girl comes to me,she says 'my parents are mad at me'..I ask why and so on..and then she says 'so,yea,I cut myself',she cuts herself because her parents are mad at her.And not only is it her,lots of other people that just hurt themselves because of the most stupid reasons.Bad grades,teacher is mad at me,a date goes wrong...I'm not kidding,these kids start cutting themselves and they have scars all over their arms.I myself have 3 scars on my right arm.Not because of selfharm but because of an accident when I was seven.I'm not happy with those scars and than these guys come and they do it on purpose for the most silly reasons.When I make new friends and they see my scar..the first thing they ask me,do you selfharm,or you emo.It just pisses me off.I did not ask for those scars.
NickyGambino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 NickyGambino
[QUOTE="NickyGambino"][QUOTE="Lto_thaG"][QUOTE="NickyGambino"]

Yea,maybe I wasn't to clear with my first post..so let me add something to it,to justify my post a bit.I'm mainly mad about it because of the people at my school.Some girl comes to me,she says 'my parents are mad at me'..I ask why and so on..and then she says 'so,yea,I cut myself',she cuts herself because her parents are mad at her.And not only is it her,lots of other people that just hurt themselves because of the most stupid reasons.Bad grades,teacher is mad at me,a date goes wrong...I'm not kidding,these kids start cutting themselves and they have scars all over their arms.I myself have 3 scars on my right arm.Not because of selfharm but because of an accident when I was seven.I'm not happy with those scars and than these guys come and they do it on purpose for the most silly reasons.When I make new friends and they see my scar..the first thing they ask me,do you selfharm,or you emo.It just pisses me off.I did not ask for those scars.

Sounds like it's become a fashionable thing to do where you're from which is sad. But not all people who self harm are doing it for such trivial reasons, keep that in mind. I can see that you were just mad at those people now and not the ones who are having a really bad time.

Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Lto_thaG
[QUOTE="Lto_thaG"][QUOTE="NickyGambino"][QUOTE="Lto_thaG"][QUOTE="NickyGambino"]

Sounds like it's become a fashionable thing to do where you're from which is sad. But not all people who self harm are doing it for such trivial reasons, keep that in mind. I can see that you were just mad at those people now and not the ones who are having a really bad time.

Yea,it really is something fashionable,from the moment something goes wrong,just grab a razor and start cutting.I think it's just silly to do.And I agree with people harming themselves because of an illness.They can't help it,but these people in my school(and not only my school) are just sad,that's what I kinda meant with my first post.Just wasn't to clear about it.
NickyGambino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 NickyGambino
[QUOTE="NickyGambino"][QUOTE="Lto_thaG"][QUOTE="NickyGambino"][QUOTE="Lto_thaG"][QUOTE="NickyGambino"]

Yea,it really is something fashionable,from the moment something goes wrong,just grab a razor and start cutting.I think it's just silly to do.And I agree with people harming themselves because of an illness.They can't help it,but these people in my school(and not only my school) are just sad,that's what I kinda meant with my first post.Just wasn't to clear about it.

No problem mate.:D

htotheo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 htotheo
Member since 2005 • 2759 Posts

and want do u want people to think of you because you've done party drugs?

Anyways no self harm isnt the way to go even if bad things happen, alot of people i know have gone through alot of bad stuff but havent resorted to this and you should seek out medical help or jsut tell someone before it starts getting serious.

NickyGambino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 NickyGambino
[QUOTE="NickyGambino"]

I've been through a lot of **** in my life and NEVER have I resorted to something stupid as hurting myself,just because I couldn't handle it anymore.htotheo

and want do u want people to think of you because you've done party drugs?

Anyways no self harm isnt the way to go even if bad things happen, alot of people i know have gone through alot of bad stuff but havent resorted to this and you should seek out medical help or jsut tell someone before it starts getting serious.

?? Read the other posts. I explain it better there. I was young and stupid for doing drugs, I mention that I wouldn't recommend anyone doing them. So it's not as if I'm promoting them or anything.

methree15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 methree15

Ok, I usually get heat for posting in my own threads :roll: but whatever.

Ok, we've got 9 yeses, which is far more than I expected, 13 no's and 13 "finish the job emo"'s. Nice to know that **** has gotten to atleast 13 of you gamespoters.

Hmmm, I find that strange that some people say it's the "cool" thing to cut yourself with a razor blade in whatever area that they live in. Unless its some strange form of body art done by a professional, there is nothing cool about it around where I live.

rom11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 rom11
[QUOTE="methree15"]

In addition, what do you think of SI'ers? A bunch of emo whinny teenagers? Mentally ill people?

Bio_Spark

Pretty much. The question I have is why? What on earth does doing this resolve when things are tough?

Get to know some emo-s and then you learn i guess.

Luminouslight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Luminouslight
Member since 2007 • 6397 Posts
I have not purposely managed to injure myself. Of sometimes when I get really pissed off (really rare) I take it out on something and sometimes end up hurting myself.
methree15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 methree15
[QUOTE="methree15"]

In addition, what do you think of SI'ers? A bunch of emo whinny teenagers? Mentally ill people?

Bio_Spark

Pretty much. The question I have is why? What on earth does doing this resolve when things are tough?

Some of it is release in tenison and the physical pain can distract you. Also after a person feels pain the body will release endrophens as natural painkillers.

Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Lto_thaG
[QUOTE="Bio_Spark"][QUOTE="methree15"]

methree15

Some of it is release in tenison and the physical pain can distract you. Also after a person feels pain the body will release endrophens as natural painkillers.

Just play some Godfather on Wii..it helps.
rom11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 rom11
[QUOTE="methree15"][QUOTE="Bio_Spark"][QUOTE="methree15"]

Lto_thaG

Nah, Manhunter.

Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Lto_thaG
[QUOTE="Lto_thaG"][QUOTE="methree15"][QUOTE="Bio_Spark"][QUOTE="methree15"]

rom11

Nah, Manhunter.

Censored :(
-Shooter-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 -Shooter-
Member since 2006 • 4295 Posts

Err I'm not an emo kinda guy..

Instead of shortning your life, can't you just cry instead of harming yourself? :|

methree15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 methree15

I'll let you in on the secert that I do see professional help, which is kinda why discussing issues here is useless. But thanks anyway.

No its not fun. My advice to everyone is play videogames. More then you do now, if that's possible.

methree15

What he said.

Lto_thaG

Don't have a wii, but I can play fable. =)

Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Lto_thaG
[QUOTE="methree15"]

methree15

What he said.

Lto_thaG

Don't have a wii, but I can play fable. =)

Whatever helps relieve the stress :),fable is a nice game.
Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Lto_thaG

I forgot.I agree with the videogame thingy.I does help,well for me.

SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SSCyborg
Member since 2007 • 7625 Posts
I think Self Harm(Cutting and the like) is disgusting and wrong.
Psychosisrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Psychosisrain
Member since 2006 • 931 Posts
If you are using any illegal drugs, I suggest that you stop and recover. and no I never harmed myself.
ThrillTorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ThrillTorn
Member since 2008 • 483 Posts
Not my thing, it's stupid and lame.
Avatar image for deactivated-60678a6f9e4d4
deactivated-60678a6f9e4d4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#48 deactivated-60678a6f9e4d4
Member since 2007 • 10077 Posts

Wtf is the point self-harming?! It can't make you feel better, surely?!

rom11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 rom11

Lto_thaG

Oh? I almost bit my finger off today...

Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Lto_thaG
[QUOTE="Lto_thaG"]

rom11

Oh? I almost bit my finger off today...

Why :?