Anyone here afraid of dying?

• 116 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts

ive been thinking alot in the state i am in because it is 4 20 and ive come to the resolution that i am scared of dying someday whenever it is. Anyone out there scared of it also or are you imbracing death and looking forward to it because you believe in a god or spirt thingy of some sort

WhiteSnake5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 WhiteSnake5000
Member since 2005 • 12454 Posts
I am not afraid of dying, I just really, really, hope there is no after life... I don't know why people want an afterlife so much, I find the thought depressing as hell, I want true peace. If Christianity is right... Man I'm not going to enjoy that.. I'm either going to get raped by satan for all eternity or I'm going to worship God for all eternity. Either way, I don't think I'm going to like it.
soulfood4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 soulfood4
Member since 2005 • 5459 Posts
No not really, its not a huge thing to me. I mean maybe if i knew the time and date, then yes, but i dont so no
nimatoad2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 nimatoad2000
Member since 2004 • 7505 Posts
beyond the realms of death my friend, it all fades to black, and then hallowed will be thy name.
Avatar image for deactivated-6016f2513d412
deactivated-6016f2513d412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-6016f2513d412
Member since 2007 • 20414 Posts
I'm not afraid of the act of dying (any pain/fear that goes with it, etc.), but I'm absolutely terrified of what the afterlife holds. I don't want to have an afterlife...even if it's "good." It scares and depresses me so much.
Severed_Hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Severed_Hand
Member since 2007 • 3402 Posts
Im not scared of dying... but i am very angry that there will be so much knowledge which i will never be able to attain.
Masterx1220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Masterx1220
Member since 2005 • 2426 Posts

when i'm dying ill let you know

pianist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 pianist
Member since 2003 • 18900 Posts

Death isn't scary to most people until they're facing it. Then you see that many of those who claim the idea of death doesn't bother them didn't understand just how powerful the human desire to exist is.

Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#9 Tiefster
Member since 2005 • 14639 Posts

Nope. I look forward to it.

pianist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 pianist

when i'm dying ill let you know

Masterx1220

You are dying. All of us are dying, because all of us are aging towards a point where we will die.

WhiteSnake5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 WhiteSnake5000

Death isn't scary to most people until they're facing it. Then you see that many of those who claim the idea of death doesn't bother them didn't understand just how powerful the human desire to exist is.

pianist
Depends on the form of death. Sometimes death isn't scary because you don't even have time to process the thought. Also the fear of pain, and the fear of death are two different things. If my time was now, I would accept it... There's no need to fear something I cannot prevent. Sure this is all talk and I would probably scream like a little girl if I was getting eaten by zombies.. even though I have a high pain tolerance, but you know, I'm not really afraid to just - die.
Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Why would I beafraid of dying... there are more important things to worry about than dying.

pianist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 pianist

[QUOTE="pianist"]

WhiteSnake5000

Depends on the form of death. Sometimes death isn't scary because you don't even have time to process the thought. Also the fear of pain, and the fear of death are two different things. If my time was now, I would accept it... There's no need to fear something I cannot prevent. Sure this is all talk and I would probably scream like a little girl if I was getting eaten by zombies.. even though I have a high pain tolerance, but you know, I'm not really afraid to just - die.

Yep, this is true. If you die in a car accident, chances are you were only really terrified for a few seconds at most, and sometimes it happens so quickly that you don't even have time to see it coming. But in general, those who DO face death are frightened by it. Not all, but most. And many of those who aren't are those who quite simply haven't thought much about it, or who genuinely believe there is a favourable afterlife waiting for them. In the absence of such beliefs, when you do start to think about it, the prospect of not existing is certainly disturbing... if you like existing.

This doesn't mean that you'll fall into a fit of depression over the idea of death, though.

WhiteSnake5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 WhiteSnake5000

[QUOTE="WhiteSnake5000"][QUOTE="pianist"]

pianist

Yep, this is true. If you die in a car accident, chances are you were only really terrified for a few seconds at most, and sometimes it happens so quickly that you don't even have time to see it coming. But in general, those who DO face death are frightened by it. Not all, but most. And many of those who aren't are those who quite simply haven't thought much about it. When you do start to think about it, the prospect of not existing is certainly disturbing... if you like existing.

This doesn't mean that you'll fall into a fit of depression over the idea of death, though.

I'm one of those people who is comforted by the thought of not existing. It's strange, I don't think about suicide ever, but I do like to think about never coming to be. That's why I'm a bit uncertain if I would be afraid.
dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#15 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16051 Posts

I'm not afraid of the act of dying (any pain/fear that goes with it, etc.), but I'm absolutely terrified of what the afterlife holds. I don't want to have an afterlife...even if it's "good." It scares and depresses me so much.t3hrubikscube

That's a large explanation of why theistic religions are so big. Once they induce fear and guilt that's when they sell you the snake oil. They can getthem to believe pretty much anything as long as they keep feedingthem fear.

I'm not knocking you for having the fear, because to some extent I also have it, but my point was that your postgot me thinking of why the belief in an afterlife is so popular. Perhaps I'm just thinking out loud, though.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#16 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
Right now yes but when I'm really old and I know death is coming I'll embrace it.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

It kinda freaks me out about what could happen after Death, yes. I don't tend to think about it often, though, as I like to have pleasant thoughts in my mind, thank you very much! :x

-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts
The thought of not living terrifies me, and I believe in God. It just freaks me out when I think about one day dying, not being here anymore.
Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Tiefster
The thought of not living terrifies me, and I believe in God. It just freaks me out when I think about one day dying, not being here anymore.-Halftime-
Just look at it as the day you will no longer suffer and you will return to earth.
pianist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 pianist

I'm one of those people who is comforted by the thought of not existing. It's strange, I don't think about suicide ever, but I do like to think about never coming to be. That's why I'm a bit uncertain if I would be afraid. WhiteSnake5000

That's interesting. I'm quite the opposite. I'm a person who would eagerly choose to live for billions of years if given the chance, provided that it is in a healthy state and I'm not the only human in existence. In that respect I have every reason to hope for an afterlife, but no reason to believe in one. I wouldn't necessarily say I'm afraid of dying right now, because I'm young and healthy, and so the prospect of death is not something which occupies much of my thought. Faced with death, though, I think I would be uncomfortable, not because I was genuinely 'afraid' of not existing, but because I find the notion very unappealing.

This may change with age, though. I hear that many people look at death as a relief when they're much older, and that it becomes much easier to accept and embrace, because even non-existence is more appealing than a life of constant physical pain and emotional pain (caused mainly by losing so many people you care about to death and being unable to replace the relationships).

CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#21 CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts
It sucks to think I won't live forever. :(
omfg_its_dally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 omfg_its_dally
Member since 2006 • 8068 Posts

pianist
You're right. I like to think that I'm not scared of it, but now that I really think about it if I was in the face of death I'd be scared as hell.
WhiteSnake5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 WhiteSnake5000

[QUOTE="WhiteSnake5000"]I'm one of those people who is comforted by the thought of not existing. It's strange, I don't think about suicide ever, but I do like to think about never coming to be. That's why I'm a bit uncertain if I would be afraid. pianist

I hear that many people look at death as a relief when they're much older, and that it becomes much easier to accept and embrace, because even non-existence is more appealing than a life of constant physical pain and emotional pain (caused mainly by losing so many people you care about to death and being unable to replace the relationships).

Perhaps. The longer you live, the more things you see, the more you may feel like you've had enough. Not saying it's a guarantee, but it's quite possible. If the world was a more perfect and serene place, I think people would loathe the thought of death. Even though I can enjoy my life at times, and be happy with what I have. I can't help but to think of others around me and how suffering is so real for them. History comes to mind as well. Events like the Holocaust... Which all in all makes me wish I wasn't part of this existence regardless of whether I experienced them or not. Fear only resonates in existence. I'm more afraid of the atrocities that humanity is capable of committing. Yet there are times I am glad to be alive.
kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24 kemar7856
Member since 2004 • 11783 Posts
I am not afraid of dying, I just really, really, hope there is no after life... I don't know why people want an afterlife so much, I find the thought depressing as hell, I want true peace. If Christianity is right... Man I'm not going to enjoy that.. I'm either going to get raped by satan for all eternity or I'm going to worship God for all eternity. Either way, I don't think I'm going to like it. WhiteSnake5000
how can you contemplate not existing
Bigboss232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Bigboss232
Member since 2006 • 4997 Posts

I dont know why death you dont exist but im afraid of not being able to think or comprehend anymore just being nothing gone. Then I wonder why is life here so it can breed and die or is there a purpose if there isnt a purpose how did something come frome nothing. Why am I here.

WhiteSnake5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 WhiteSnake5000
[QUOTE="WhiteSnake5000"]I am not afraid of dying, I just really, really, hope there is no after life... I don't know why people want an afterlife so much, I find the thought depressing as hell, I want true peace. If Christianity is right... Man I'm not going to enjoy that.. I'm either going to get raped by satan for all eternity or I'm going to worship God for all eternity. Either way, I don't think I'm going to like it. kemar7856
how can you contemplate not existing

The absence of existence is the absence of everything. There is no sadness, depression, happiness, there is nothing. There is no thought, there is no opinion. What I am now, would not be aware of what I was. That's basically non-existence. I find it comforting... Being free of everything.
darkguy_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 darkguy_101
Member since 2008 • 744 Posts

beyond the realms of death my friend, it all fades to black, and then hallowed will be thy name.nimatoad2000

Most people get paranoid when they understand they have a little time left to meet the one, but it all ends when the ripper takes you away.

metal puns are easy to make o.o

Bigboss232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Bigboss232

But why white snake arent you curious of things to come or things to be all the technology or future discoveries or the fate of the human race whats the point of living if when you die all your knoledge everything you have ever done is just gone how do you just except that.

soulfood4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 soulfood4
Member since 2005 • 5459 Posts
Im sorry to go OT but Pianist sticks out so much in these forums, he sounds like the smartest guy and always has a different opinion or view on something that actually makes sense. Bravo Pianist , bravo
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#30 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

Im sorry to go OT but Pianist sticks out so much in these forums, he sounds like the smartest guy and always has a different opinion or view on something that actually makes sense. Bravo Pianist , bravosoulfood4

The guy won smartest OT user in the OTcars multiple times, what do you expect? :o

FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts

I'm not afraid, but I would like to stick around for a while more. Pianist brought up some great points on the subject. I can't say for sure I will be scared if I'm there, however, simply knowing that death is inevitable makes death less intimidating. Nobody is singled out from death, not even God's son.

gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 gameguy6700
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

Not to go all emo on OT, but I feel it's relevant to the discussion:

I've become borderline suicidal several times in my life. So while I've never gone out of my way to end my existence, I sure as hell wasn't going out of my way to preserve it either. Basically the thought process there is "if I live, that's cool. If I die, that's cool too". Seeing as how I'm currently like that thanks to recent events I can honestly say that no, I'm not really afraid of death.

WhiteSnake5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 WhiteSnake5000

But why white snake arent you curious of things to come or things to be all the technology or future discoveries or the fate of the human race whats the point of living if when you die all your knoledge everything you have ever done is just gone how do you just except that.

Bigboss232
Why do you assume that you're more than just a grain of sand? The point of living isn't necessarily to personally hold a certain knowledge for all eternity. It's simply what you make of it in your life. You are given a certain amount of time to live, what you do with that time is up to you. You are just an organism, and when what composes you decomposes and transforms into something else, what have you become? Your brain is what holds all that knowledge, once your brain has become something else, then that is what you have become in the world. Your actions in life can live on. Take Einstein for example. He's dead. I think that everything he knew while he was himself, he no longer knows. As he no longer exists as the entity he once was. However, we know who he is. That's what I make of life. I have no reason to believe that my physical thoughts will carry into some afterlife, to me, it seems illogical. However, I can never deny the possibility that everything I have thought or believed is wrong.
Bigboss232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Bigboss232

I dont know how to get over this it just bugs me way too much than it should well thanks for the insight.

Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Tiefster

I dont know how to get over this it just bugs me way too much than it should well thanks for the insight.

Bigboss232
Then don't think about it.
Bigboss232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Bigboss232

I cant dont really know why maybe I have nothing better to do I have no clue why I cant stop thinking about this.

FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 FFCYAN

[QUOTE="Bigboss232"]

WhiteSnake5000

Why do you assume that you're more than just a grain of sand? The point of living isn't necessarily to personally hold a certain knowledge for all eternity. It's simply what you make of it in your life. You are given a certain amount of time to live, what you do with that time is up to you. You are just an organism, and when what composes you decomposes and transforms into something else. Your brain is what holds all that knowledge, once your brain has become something else, then that is what you have become in the world. Your actions in life can live on. Take Einstein for example. He's dead. I think that everything he knew while he was himself, he no longer knows. As he no longer exists as the entity he once was. However, we know who he is. That's what I make of life. I have no reason to believe that my physical thoughts will carry into some afterlife, to me, it seems illogical. However, I can never deny the possibility that everything I have thought or believed is wrong.

Einstein believed in God.

"My religion consist of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble minds." -Albert Einstein

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."-Albert Einstein

I believe that your soul continues to live on. The mind however, I'm not too sure. Einstein is right. You can see God's subtleties here and there. It makes me smile when I do see them.:)

WhiteSnake5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 WhiteSnake5000

[QUOTE="WhiteSnake5000"][QUOTE="Bigboss232"]

FFCYAN

Why do you assume that you're more than just a grain of sand? The point of living isn't necessarily to personally hold a certain knowledge for all eternity. It's simply what you make of it in your life. You are given a certain amount of time to live, what you do with that time is up to you. You are just an organism, and when what composes you decomposes and transforms into something else. Your brain is what holds all that knowledge, once your brain has become something else, then that is what you have become in the world. Your actions in life can live on. Take Einstein for example. He's dead. I think that everything he knew while he was himself, he no longer knows. As he no longer exists as the entity he once was. However, we know who he is. That's what I make of life. I have no reason to believe that my physical thoughts will carry into some afterlife, to me, it seems illogical. However, I can never deny the possibility that everything I have thought or believed is wrong.

"My religion consist of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble minds." -Albert Einstein

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."-Albert Einstein

I believe that your soul continues to live on. The mind however, I'm not too sure. Einstein is right. You can see God's subtleties here and there. It makes me smile when I do see them.:)

Einstein was an agnostic. We know this. It has nothing to do with what I was saying. Or did you just want to throw that out?
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#39 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17878 Posts

The only thing that scares me about death is the realization that one day it will be just as real for me as sitting here typing this now is. Dying is what I'm scared of, not death.

Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Tiefster

I cant dont really know why maybe I have nothing better to do I have no clue why I cant stop thinking about this.

Bigboss232
If it makes you feel anymore according to my religion you'll come back in another form that way you won't be truly wasted.
FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 FFCYAN

[QUOTE="FFCYAN"]

[QUOTE="WhiteSnake5000"]Why do you assume that you're more than just a grain of sand? The point of living isn't necessarily to personally hold a certain knowledge for all eternity. It's simply what you make of it in your life. You are given a certain amount of time to live, what you do with that time is up to you. You are just an organism, and when what composes you decomposes and transforms into something else. Your brain is what holds all that knowledge, once your brain has become something else, then that is what you have become in the world. Your actions in life can live on. Take Einstein for example. He's dead. I think that everything he knew while he was himself, he no longer knows.As he no longer exists as the entity he once was. However, we know who he is. That's what I make of life. I have no reason to believe that my physical thoughts will carry into some afterlife, to me, it seems illogical. However, I can never deny the possibility that everything I have thought or believed is wrong. WhiteSnake5000

Einstein was an agnostic. We know this. It has nothing to do with what I was saying. Or did you just want to throw that out?

If God AND the afterlife did exist, the statements highlighted would be somewhat incorrect. Only if that were true of course.;)

Bigboss232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Bigboss232

srry I have no religion im agnostic.

WhiteSnake5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 WhiteSnake5000

[QUOTE="WhiteSnake5000"][QUOTE="FFCYAN"]Einstein believed in God.

FFCYAN

If God AND the afterlife did exist, the statements highlighted would be somewhat incorrect. Only if that were true of course.;)

Is it true?
TheFragcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 TheFragcat
Member since 2008 • 2466 Posts

Nah, i'm not afraid. Death is a part of life.

FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 FFCYAN

[QUOTE="FFCYAN"]

[QUOTE="WhiteSnake5000"]Einstein was an agnostic. We know this. It has nothing to do with what I was saying. Or did you just want to throw that out? WhiteSnake5000

Is it true?

I can't say it is because it's mearly belief. Do I believe it's true? Yes. It it true in the physical manifestation way? No. One thing is for sure, we'll know eventually.

WhiteSnake5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 WhiteSnake5000

[QUOTE="WhiteSnake5000"][QUOTE="FFCYAN"]If God AND the afterlife did exist, the statements highlighted would be somewhat incorrect. Only if that were true of course.;)

FFCYAN

Is it true?

I can't say it is because it's mearly belief. Do I believe it's true? Yes. It it true in the physical manifestation way? No. One thing is for sure, we'll know eventually.

How do you know that you will ever know?
FlyingArmbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 FlyingArmbar
Member since 2009 • 1545 Posts

I'm not afraid of dying. I'm afraid of dying without living a good life.

FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 FFCYAN

[QUOTE="FFCYAN"]

[QUOTE="WhiteSnake5000"]Is it true? WhiteSnake5000

How do you know that you will ever know?

:lol:Simply that I beleive there is an afterlife. Yeah, I know, just cause I BELIEVE there is an afterlife does not mean there actually is one. There are no real definites in this world, but I can comprehend the fact there are vast amounts of **** human beings simply cannot begin to understand. That would be too benign to our intellgence. The concepts of God and the universe are too great for us to truly know on our own. That why we have theories/beliefs instead of answers. I guess what I'm saying is I believe in an entity known to us as God, but go a little further in saying I KNOW He exists. In this cold, endless, empty universe of ours, life has risen. The meaningless becomes meaningful. It's inhabited given balance, water, food, protection from the sun's harmful rays, beauty, and soul. That more than enough for me to believe, but that just me and a few billion others. And I say that in the most resectful of ways, as I do not look down upon or judge anyone for believing in whatever they choose to believe in.

Hydra-Monster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Hydra-Monster
Member since 2009 • 37 Posts
this is scary! cuz you die once......certainly it makes me scared when i think about it