Anyone from your past High School pals you Graduate with are dead or in Jail/prison?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56103 Posts

I had few friends I knew well and all of us ended up graduating while one I knew had to wait another year for graduation. I haven’t gone out of my way to check up on everyone besides the one's who play video games to see who's online such as PSN/XBL/Steam ect and for the rest, no one is dead as far as I'm aware of but 2 people I used to talk just disappeared and off the grid. My old hood wasn't the friendly place to live so that could play a part.

I didn't keep up with vast majority of my graduating class and skipped the reunions we had...or rather I was never informed of any reunions that may have happened and I never made any effort to find out about if my old HS did. (Not so sure now after Covid-19 hit)

So OT, got anyone you know is gone and still keep up with graduate friends?

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts
@davillain said:

I had few friends I knew well and all of us ended up graduating while one I knew had to wait another year for graduation. I haven’t gone out of my way to check up on everyone besides the one's who play video games to see who's online such as PSN/XBL/Steam ect and for the rest, no one is dead as far as I'm aware of but 2 people I used to talk just disappeared and off the grid. My old hood wasn't the friendly place to live so that could play a part.

I didn't keep up with vast majority of my graduating class and skipped the reunions we had...or rather I was never informed of any reunions that may have happened and I never made any effort to find out about if my old HS did. (Not so sure now after Covid-19 hit)

So OT, got anyone you know is gone and still keep up with graduate friends?

For me I really never stayed in touch with anybody after High School I had a few so called friends here and there but I'm pretty much a loner for life. I don't use any social media so if anybody still remembers me from school they probably think I'm dead or maybe in a mental institution.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#3 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7270 Posts

Most of my high school friends that I have stayed in touch with went to different schools than I did, except my wife. She however, does keep up with a lot of our old friends, and that is the reason I know one classmate has died, and one is in prison. There's another that got a Pulitzer prize, so it's not all bad.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

Don't know. I lost touch with everyone after I graduated.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#5 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Not that I know of.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

I wouldn't say pal (acquaintance/brother of a friend) but someone in Philly just murdered (allegedly) a woman by beating her with a metal pipe so I'd say he's going away forever.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

Nope, I haven't really seen anyone from high school since I graduated in 2002.

I think one or two joined the army and were killed in Iraq.

And now that I think about it, one girl did kill her mom and is now in prison for it.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

None of my friends from high school has committed any crime and I haven't seen them for over 10 years. Two of my close school friends have moved out of the area, which leaves me stuck in the same place.

As for acquaintances... well here is what I can remember:

• One guy made it on the news for beating and stealing money from a homeless guy to fund his drug addiction.
  • One guy got sent to prison for possessing firearms
  • One guy died due to homelessness (could have been drugged to death). I saw him begging for money in the city.
  • One girl died from gasoline or drugs last year at her home.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

It is over 40 years ago so I imagine a number are gone but I have no idea other than one of my HS friends who died around 10 years ago. And in that case, I only found out by accident since I hadn't seen or interacted with him since around 1985.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

Oh, yeah. Quite a few people I went to school with have dropped off this mortal coil. One of the first girls I had a crush on died last year, and thing is I saw her for the first time in a couple of decades when we shared a gas pump just a week before she passed. Was weird.

One of my best friends died just over a year ago, we grew up hanging out together and still did. He had lost a leg to diabetes about 6 years ago and just started going downhill from there. Like, this guy was a groomsman at my wedding, we were pretty close.

Another of my high school friends died along with his father in a vehicle accident, they were wearing seatbelts. A few died still in high school to drunk drivers. Had quite a few more the past decade or so drop off due to ODing.

Someone once told me "you're know you're getting old when your friends start dying." No, shit.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

Years back one of the more popular guys at school died of a freak accident while hiking.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@br0kenrabbit said:

Oh, yeah. Quite a few people I went to school with have dropped off this mortal coil. One of the first girls I had a crush on died last year, and thing is I saw her for the first time in a couple of decades when we shared a gas pump just a week before she passed. Was weird.

One of my best friends died just over a year ago, we grew up hanging out together and still did. He had lost a leg to diabetes about 6 years ago and just started going downhill from there. Like, this guy was a groomsman at my wedding, we were pretty close.

Another of my high school friends died along with his father in a vehicle accident, they were wearing seatbelts. A few died still in high school to drunk drivers. Had quite a few more the past decade or so drop off due to ODing.

Someone once told me "you're know you're getting old when your friends start dying." No, shit.

Damn that's awful sorry about your friends life can really be hell.

VagrantSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 VagrantSnow
Member since 2018 • 645 Posts

2 dead. One suddenly. One died in Iraq.

1 in prison for being a pedophile.

I don't keep in touch with anyone from school.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

I guess in this case I'm the one who fell off the grid :P

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38678 Posts

i know a few that have died, mostly accidents but 1 to cancer. not aware of anyone in prison but it's possible.

there's only a handful of people from hs i've kept any kind of contact with.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8215 Posts

Yeah probably about 7 or 8... Always sucks to hear someone got locked up, over dosed, or died driving drunk, or just had a horrible accident, or suicide

I actually had a buddy hit me up a month ago to let me know a friend of ours from high school ODd. I hadn't seen him in like 3 years, only reason my other buddy knew about it was all the r.i.p posts on his Facebook feed

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

None of my close friends. One was extremely lucky to avoid jail for being a stupid drunk fool.

Widening it to acquaintances and there are a few suicides. A couple of guys from high school. One had mental issues since 3rd grade or so. And being a boy getting a "girls" issue way to early(age wise), yeah he had it rough. Another one. I got no idea what his issue(s) was/were.

Probably more that I haven't heard of.