Anyone else feeling sorry for Rebecca Black?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Shake_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Shake_McGee
Member since 2011 • 58 Posts

We're so used to laughing at celebs, I think we have kind of forgotten that in this case we are laughing at a 13 year old girl who is not a celeb at all. This is a completely new experience to her, and being that she's not used to the ridicule that comes along with fame, it's gotta be pretty devastating to have your first "breakthrough" be completely ripped to shreds. Not to mention she's not even the one who wrote the ghastly abomination.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

We're so used to laughing at celebs, I think we have kind of forgotten thatin this case we are laughing at a 13 year old girl who is not a celeb at all. This is a completely new experience to her, and being that she's not used to the ridicule that comes along with fame, it's gotta be pretty devastating to have your first "breakthrough" be completely ripped to shreds. Not to mention she's not even the one who wrote the ghastly abomination.

Shake_McGee
So this 13 year old girl is partying on the weekends and driving around with people 3 years older than her, trying to find a seat? Her feelings mean nothing to me.
Avatar image for Jolt_counter119
Jolt_counter119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Jolt_counter119
Member since 2010 • 4226 Posts

No this sympathetic viewpoint is the entire problem and is the reason for all these talentless losers and kids running around thinking they are so great because parents and others just go "oh its not that bad" or "shes so young and its her first break" NO!. If anything we should be harder we need to come together and tell her in her ugly face that HEY, YOU SUCK, and hopefully she'll go away forever.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

She started it.

XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts

Here are some quotes I found:

On the comments about her video: "Those hurtful comments really shocked me. At times, it feels like I'm being cyberbullied."

On her song, which her mom spent 2 grand to have produced: "I didn't write it at all. The other song was about adult love–I haven't experienced that yet. Friday is about hanging out with friends, having fun. I felt like it was my personality in that song."

Talking about the acoustic re-release of her song: "I want to show people there's more to me than they think."

So in response to all that, no, I don't feel bad for her. She's a spoiled, talentless rich kid, as I assumed, and while anyone with half a brain would realize that song is douche-y (she's talking about partying at 7 pm...), yet instead of just letting it go away, she sings the same douche-y song AGAIN, but acoustic this time. She obviously doesn't get that people wouldn't be making fun of her if the song wasn't so horribly stupid. They'd just be saying "sucks" and moving on.

MistressMinako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 MistressMinako
Member since 2008 • 45964 Posts
People who hate on her clearly don't get invited to any parties happening on Friday. Seriously, only people I seen her getting made fun of are from internet nerds.
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
When I was 13 I would have been aware that these lyrics were godawful and refused to go anywhere near them. Besides some people (Chris Brown for example) seem to like it and some are calling her the next big thing after Bieber. Basically: You made a bad song and you should feel bad.
coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

When I was 13 I would have been aware that these lyrics were godawful and refused to go anywhere near them. Besides some people (Chris Brown for example) seem to like it and some are calling her the next big thing after Bieber. Basically: You made a bad song and you should feel bad.Ace6301

Further than that, I think she may very well be a bad person.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#9 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
dont feel sorry for anyone that sings such laughably bad lyrics.
Avatar image for XiaolinPrincess
XiaolinPrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 XiaolinPrincess
Member since 2006 • 7907 Posts
Modern American music sucks anyways, so she's just part of a trend.
Wilfred_Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#11 Wilfred_Owen
Member since 2005 • 20964 Posts
Up to this point in my life Friday was just another meaningless lonely day in this thing called life.
Shake_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Shake_McGee
Member since 2011 • 58 Posts

Alright, you have convinced me. She doesn't deserve our pity!

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts

Shake_McGee
Don't suspension dodge....not gonna help your case at all especially since this isn't the first time.