Any Skillet fans here?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Silver_Dragon17
Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Silver_Dragon17
Member since 2007 • 6205 Posts

Skillet is my favorite band. Anybody else like them?

Some of their songs:

Rebirthing

Whispers in the Dark

The Older I Get

Awesome music.

Avatar image for Mutatedbloodelf
Mutatedbloodelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Mutatedbloodelf
Member since 2007 • 853 Posts
Not a fan. Do not like them.
EboyLOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 EboyLOL
Member since 2006 • 5358 Posts

Yay! Christian Rock!

/sarcasm

They're garbage.

Ryeferd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ryeferd
Member since 2006 • 5198 Posts
My sister put one of their songs on in the car once.I'll just say they're not the worst band she listens to...
Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Silver_Dragon17

Yay! Christian Rock!

/sarcasm

EboyLOL

You mean Rock from a band that is Christian?

Listen to the songs and tell me how many times the word Jesus comes up.;)

Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts
Wow, never heard of them
EboyLOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 EboyLOL
[QUOTE="EboyLOL"]

Yay! Christian Rock!

/sarcasm

Silver_Dragon17

Oh no, I don't care how many times the word Jesus comes up. They make horrible music.
matrix_hiei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 matrix_hiei
Member since 2004 • 4793 Posts
not a fan, although i'm a atheist that was raised in a jewish family, so a christian rock band has to really be something special to impress me.
Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Silver_Dragon17

not a fan, although i'm a atheist that was raised in a jewish family, so a christian rock band has to really be something special to impress me.matrix_hiei

I don't get why people are always turned off by the fact that they are Christians. Their songs are ambiguous; They can be interpreted into a Christian message or something else entirely.

artichoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 artichoke
Member since 2006 • 2271 Posts
They're okay. Not my favorite band but I've heard a lot lot worse.
Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Silver_Dragon17
[QUOTE="Silver_Dragon17"][QUOTE="EboyLOL"]

Yay! Christian Rock!

/sarcasm

EboyLOL

Oh no, I don't care how many times the word Jesus comes up. They make horrible music.

Then why say "Yay! Christian rock! /sarcasm."? All you had to say was you didn't like their music. . .

FaceMelter93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FaceMelter93
Member since 2005 • 916 Posts

I just get turned off by the fact they are terrible.

X-(

jlh47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jlh47
Member since 2007 • 3326 Posts
skillet rocks. their songs are great. the best cd is their first one though. their latest one is really good though. yeah i don't see why people are just automatically turned off if they say they're Christian...
matrix_hiei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 matrix_hiei
Member since 2004 • 4793 Posts

[QUOTE="matrix_hiei"]not a fan, although i'm a atheist that was raised in a jewish family, so a christian rock band has to really be something special to impress me.Silver_Dragon17

I don't get why people are always turned off by the fact that they are Christians. Their songs are ambiguous; They can be interpreted into a Christian message or something else entirely.

there's a difference between being christian and playing christian rock. the genre has a very generic style to it, and although i give skillet credit for being one of the bands that influenced that style, it's still very generic. basically, they sound like a generic post-grunge band with typical christian rock lyrics. personally, i don't find that compelling.

EboyLOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 EboyLOL
[QUOTE="EboyLOL"][QUOTE="Silver_Dragon17"][QUOTE="EboyLOL"]

Yay! Christian Rock!

/sarcasm

Silver_Dragon17

Then why say "Yay! Christian rock! /sarcasm."? All you had to say was you didn't like their music. . .

I make fun of bands for being indie. I also like some indie bands. If someone were to post a bad indie band, my response would be the exact same as I gave you, except "Yay! Indie!". I also make fun of bands for being Christian Rock. I however have yet to find one Christian Rock band that I like. Skillet isn't as bad as say Nickleback or Daughtry, but they're still pretty bad.
dante_123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 dante_123456
Member since 2005 • 15011 Posts
it angers me when i see a band (Skillet in this case) who is somewhat simmilar to other bands (symphonic rock/metal) anld they get popular while there are dozens of bands who came before them who are better, more talented, and should get the recognition they deserve (Therion, Nightwish, Epica, Kamelot, Dark Moor, etc.) to sum it all up; christian rock=uber phail. *goes back to listening Therion* :D
dante_123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dante_123456

skillet rocks. their songs are great. the best cd is their first one though. their latest one is really good though. yeah i don't see why people are just automatically turned off if they say they're Christian... jlh47

why are people automatically turned off by some metal bands when they are "Satanic"? (either just an image, or actual satanists) same reason. people don't like the religion.

EboyLOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 EboyLOL

[QUOTE="jlh47"]skillet rocks. their songs are great. the best cd is their first one though. their latest one is really good though. yeah i don't see why people are just automatically turned off if they say they're Christian... dante_123456

why are people automatically turned off by some metal bands when they are "Satanic"? (either just an image, or actual satanists) same reason. people don't like the religion.

I think the whole idea of a band being "christian" or "satanic" is rather stupid. Still, rock belongs to the devil, and that's not going to change.
EboyLOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 EboyLOL
[QUOTE="Silver_Dragon17"]

[QUOTE="matrix_hiei"]not a fan, although i'm a atheist that was raised in a jewish family, so a christian rock band has to really be something special to impress me.matrix_hiei

there's a difference between being christian and playing christian rock.

Correct. Most bands that I like are made of christians. Certaintly doesn't make them Christian Rock.

ice_radon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 ice_radon
Member since 2002 • 70464 Posts
Whispers in teh Dark is my favorite song by them. You feel so lonely and jagged. You lay here broken and naked. My love is. Just waiting. To throw you in crimson roses. ...best line.
Brainkiller05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Brainkiller05
Member since 2005 • 28954 Posts
Skillet are awesome, you should check out another one of there good songs, it's call Savior.
Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Silver_Dragon17

Skillet are awesome, you should check out another one of there good songs, it's call Savior.Brainkiller05

I've heard that song. I don't like it so much. I like most of the songs on Comatose.

dante_123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dante_123456

[QUOTE="Brainkiller05"]Skillet are awesome, you should check out another one of there good songs, it's call Savior.Silver_Dragon17

I've heard that song. I don't like it so much. I like most of the songs on Comatose.

i hate Comatose less than Skillets other songs lol. it's not to bad i guess :P

Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Silver_Dragon17
[QUOTE="Silver_Dragon17"]

[QUOTE="Brainkiller05"]Skillet are awesome, you should check out another one of there good songs, it's call Savior.dante_123456

i hate Comatose less than Skillets other songs lol. it's not to bad i guess :P

John Cooper was amazed that his Collide album made the top Christian albums. He said it was never intended to be a Christian album!:lol:

Rhythmic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Rhythmic_
Member since 2007 • 484 Posts

I hold the belief that Christian bands are too concerned with what soccer moms think to really let loose with their music, and I'm a Christian. As far as Skillet goes, I like 1 song by them..."The Fire Breathes", which is one of their older ones. It's a well-composed piece of work, dark heavy rock with an industrial flare to it, that would be enjoyed by most anyone who likes heavy music. Unfortunately, that was before they signed with a major label, so nobody heard it, and they never bothered to try and achieve that sound again.

I can't stand the lead singer's voice most of the time, it's not refined enough. And as a life-long drummer, I'm really disappointed with that aspect of their music too. Their drummer doesn't challenge herself at all...she is simply background noise most of the time, and her fills are abysmal. They also do no experimentation with rhythm, like most bands these days, and that bores me.

As a Christian I find myself constantly disappointed by Christian music, and I have been drawn to amazing bands like Dream Theatre, Tool, The Mars Volta, A Perfect Circle, Nine Inch Nails (not really a "band"), etc. When I see Christian artists begin to experiment and challenge themselves, I will venture back and give them another chance.

SpiritEmu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 SpiritEmu
Member since 2006 • 3370 Posts
[QUOTE="Silver_Dragon17"][QUOTE="EboyLOL"]

Yay! Christian Rock!

/sarcasm

EboyLOL

Agreed.

Krazy_duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 Krazy_duck
Member since 2006 • 2301 Posts

coooomatose

never wanna live without an

ovverrrdooooseee