Any digital artist out there? (noob?)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

Hi, what are some helpful tips on learning how to use Adobe Photo shop cs3, illustrator cs3 and corel painter 10? Tahnks in advance

herbasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 herbasher
Member since 2009 • 91 Posts
Youtube is full of digital art lessons
Omega_Zero69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Omega_Zero69
Member since 2006 • 13668 Posts
try google it doesnt bite
Infinite-Zr0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Infinite-Zr0
Member since 2003 • 13284 Posts
Yeah. If there is one thing made for googling. It's looking up shopping tuts
Jacobistheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Jacobistheman
Member since 2007 • 3975 Posts

Check out lynda.com they have everything, it is kind of explensive, but there are always cheaper ways to get it (by cheaper I mean free).

I have used it to learn Photoshop CS4 really well (there is one more advance series for me to watch and I will have it almost mastered), I am in the process of learning Illustrator, and just started InDesign. I really like thier stuff and will use it to learn all of CS4.

xscott1018

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 xscott1018
Member since 2008 • 1266 Posts
the internet. i think also is to play around with photoshop and illustrator. u should also go to college take a few classes to learn about them. i think a high school student can take some classes to learn. it's how i learned about illustrator, photoshop and other programs.
jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jasonharris48

Alright thanks for the replies

VacantPsalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 VacantPsalm
Member since 2008 • 3600 Posts

Check out lynda.com they have everything, it is kind of explensive, but there are always cheaper ways to get it (by cheaper I mean free).

I have used it to learn Photoshop CS4 really well (there is one more advance series for me to watch and I will have it almost mastered), I am in the process of learning Illustrator, and just started InDesign. I really like thier stuff and will use it to learn all of CS4.

Jacobistheman
This, lynda.com kicks ass. You can even watch a few from their site without paying. I have an account, I should stay up all night watching Flash tutorials just for the snot of it.:P (ah I love summer break.)
Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

Well, first of all, what are you planning to use these programs for?

Connor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Connor24
Member since 2004 • 137 Posts

Buy a WACOM tablet if you don't already have one. Youtube. Google. Practice and experimentation. Get very use to staring at a monitor for hours upon hours upon hours upon hours, the make sure to sit back once in a while and love what you are creating.

Siofen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Siofen
Member since 2008 • 987 Posts

I've been using Corel Painter X for years and I have to say, i've learned the majority of what I'm capable of through trial & error and observing our own world. So be your own disciple. Just when you're out there in your every-day life, look down at the lights reflection down the road on a rainy day and just meditate on those kinds of things for abit. Just little things like that everyday can make a big difference to your advancement as an artist.

EDIT: oh and the above poster is correct, wacom tablets are godly so get one!

Sajedene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Sajedene
Member since 2004 • 13718 Posts
I stare at other people's drawings for a long time and go through a phase of amazement, depression, then determination to get to that point. Also, translating art concepts and fundamentals to digital works. Same thing but very little mess.
jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jasonharris48

Buy a WACOM tablet if you don't already have one. Youtube. Google. Practice and experimentation. Get very use to staring at a monitor for hours upon hours upon hours upon hours, the make sure to sit back once in a while and love what you are creating.

Connor24

HAHA thanks I just picked up a Intous 3 (6x8) last week.

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jasonharris48

Well, first of all, what are you planning to use these programs for?

Shad0ki11

Well once I get good enough I wanted to create comics. As for the guys suggesting the wacom tablets I just picked a Intuos 3 (6x8) last week.

Lethalhazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 Lethalhazard
Member since 2009 • 5451 Posts

Hey, pal. For one, if you're trying to get into things like creating concept art, try getting a tablet PC.

You can use the digital pen or whatever it's called, to draw on it. For tips, try Youtube or www.conceptart.org (to ask questions).

That's all I know for now, I'm trying to get into the stuff, too!

edit: just saw you got your tablet.

Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

Hey, pal. For one, if you're trying to get into things like creating concept art, try getting a tablet PC.

You can use the digital pen or whatever it's called, to draw on it. For tips, try Youtube or www.conceptart.org (to ask questions).

Lethalhazard

Actually, you don't need a tablet PC to create good concept art. Many concept artists just use a pen tablet.

I'm still using my Graphire4 for artwork and it still does a mighty fine job. lol.

Sajedene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Sajedene
Member since 2004 • 13718 Posts

[QUOTE="Lethalhazard"]

Shad0ki11

Actually, you don't need a tablet PC to create good concept art. Many concept artists just use a pen tablet.

I'm still using my Graphire4 for artwork and it still does a mighty fine job. lol.

I did these with a mouse :| -- and I'm a lefty who uses the mouse with the right. It's about patience and knowing how to manipulate the tools. And some sort of talent or skills.
Lethalhazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 Lethalhazard
Member since 2009 • 5451 Posts
Wondering for any pros---how long did it take you to get good? Like this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzoHhgrHrEg or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dxc0HaGosTI&feature=related