Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/08/business/media/anthony-bourdain-dead.html

Woah...I was not expecting news like this. I really liked the guy and the travel/cooking shows he did.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

CDC: US suicide rates increased more than 25% since 1999.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

@Master_Live: Thank you.

I am genuinely sad about this news. I thought Bourdain was a great role model. He seemed to promote and live life to its great capacity by exploring the nooks it has to offer. He always seemed like that lone wolf type of person and a respectable one. He never seemed like that type of guy that's out there to impress people, but we had the privilege to see the off-wall adventures he went on. I KNOW he was a role model to many people and one that influenced people to enjoy an adventure.

R.I.P. Anthony Bourdain.

IronBrigador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 IronBrigador
Member since 2018 • 113 Posts

Wow this is a surprise. I'd always enjoyed his shows, a really likeable person.

Depression (which i highly suspect is the case) is a real thing, a very bad thing and most people treat it as "meh", even the sufferers.

Suicides are generally a desperate call for help or attention to whatever problem they might have....this is really unfortunate.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#6 Needhealing
Member since 2017 • 2041 Posts

After seeing his episode of Peru 2 months ago, I literally just traveled the country for a full whole month. And I also booked a trip to Central Europe in August.

I really don't care when celeberties died, but this is the first one that truly shocked me.

He didn't seem too happy to be honest, though. He also constantly talked in his show about his past, when we tend to do that it means we haven't let the wounds heal.

Btw: I just noticed that 40% of all comments on the Fox News comments section are people celebrating his death. I loath Trump, but I would never praise someones death not even my worse enemy. Some great god fearing christians.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

Who?

mobius_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mobius_basic
Member since 2002 • 708 Posts

^^^ Seriously?

Man that is so sad. I really liked his show and loved how he celebrated different cultures and people.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

GOD bless the dead! I can’t fathom what he was living with, that caused him to take his own life.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#11 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

RIP

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

Sad news. I only watched a few episodes from his Parts Unknown show but I enjoyed them and he seemed like a pretty cool person. Very unfortunate.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

Wow, mind blowing, I thought he was a man who had it all, I had no idea he was suffering from depression.

M8ingSeezun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By M8ingSeezun
Member since 2007 • 2313 Posts

Shocked really. I'm really sadden by this. Who would of thought, after all the successes he's been through. Loved his shows going far back as Cook's Tour.

Bought Kitchen Confidential just a year ago.

RIP brother!

I'm gonna buy myself some Merlot and grill some Steaks tonight!

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#15 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

From what I gather,he's a t.v. star,sorry to sound like a jerk,but I don't watch t.v. or movie's and it's been years since I have. Sorry to hear about the passing of a great man. I believe his suffering is over and he is with the Grace of God now. Blessings to his family and friends. ?

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

Gutted when I heard this enjoyed his shows and appearance on the Joe Rogan experience. Really interesting character.

RIP

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#17 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts
@jaydan said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/08/business/media/anthony-bourdain-dead.html

Woah...I was not expecting news like this. I really liked the guy and the travel/cooking shows he did.

First reaction was who?

But RIP and sad that he felt life so shit that he needed to exit it .

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1678 Posts

@brimmul777 said:

From what I gather,he's a t.v. star,sorry to sound like a jerk,but I don't watch t.v. or movie's and it's been years since I have. Sorry to hear about the passing of a great man. I believe his suffering is over and he is with the Grace of God now. Blessings to his family and friends. ?

Not to be a jerk myself, but according to the rules for god's followers, suicide is a one way ticket downstairs. I'm not a subscriber myself, so I could be wrong.

Avatar image for reaperinthyname
reaperinthyname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 reaperinthyname
Member since 2018 • 273 Posts

This is so f___ing sh_t you guys.

RIP...

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

Never heard of him.

RIP

angeldeb82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 angeldeb82
Member since 2005 • 1724 Posts

Wow! This is so shocking! And he was a wonderful chef and journalist too! R.I.P.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#22 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Horrible. Didn't really watch his stuff but RIP.

@heathen75 said:
@brimmul777 said:

Not to be a jerk myself, but according to the rules for god's followers, suicide is a one way ticket downstairs. I'm not a subscriber myself, so I could be wrong.

Maybe he's not christian or catholic?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

Tony Bourdain was a major influence on my life. I have always loved to cook since I was a little kid, and I became a cook at age 14 (dishwasher, actually, but cook at 16!) so naturally when this chef wrote a book I read it.

It was incredible. Bourdain writes like people do not write any more. I wanted to be like him: opinionated yet gracious, talented but humble, sophisticated but down to earth, and so forth.

Far more than a typical celebrity chef, he was an author, amazing speaker, and an incredible human being.

I have seen many people pass away, both people I know, and people I know of, but this is the first time a public figures passing has truly devastated me.

*A good, first article Bourdain wrote back in 1999. Really enjoyable read. "Don't Eat Before Reading This"

@brimmul777 said:

He is not a tv star, this isn't another actor passing away.

Read up on him, he was a good man.

Most importantly, he was an educator. He taught Americans about the world outside their own little narrow viewpoint.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@mrbojangles25: Incredible post. You said it better than I could have.

I don’t usually flinch when celebs pass away but this one hurts quite a bit. He is a legend and in life was a great human being with a profound influence on many people.

I’m glad you linked the original New Yorker article on him, it’s a great read. His Reddit AMA is good stuff too: https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/53p6kb/i_am_anthony_bourdain_and_im_really_good_at/

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts
@Gaming-Planet said:

Horrible. Didn't really watch his stuff but RIP.

@heathen75 said:
@brimmul777 said:

Maybe he's not christian or catholic?

It doesn't matter, faith (or the absence of it) doesn't dictate reality. If he's a non-believer and God exists, he's up **** creek. Lovely religion.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

Enjoyed his no reservation show on travel channel. Didn't know his parts unknown is that successful, got to catch up now. I'm pretty sad tbh a true gem to this world that's been lost now.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#27 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@Master_Live said:

CDC: US suicide rates increased more than 25% since 1999.

This is troubling. And that's not even the top rate, it's showing as much as 38-58% in some states.

I was never a big fan of Bourdain's work, but appreciate the impact he's had on American eating.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

Very unfortunate. Big fan of his. He had his faults, but the guy did his best to be as open (about himself and others) as possible. Would loved to have had a chance to meet him. I feel terrible for his daughter.

Grouchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29 Grouchu
Member since 2003 • 7117 Posts

A damn shame. RIP.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#30  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

With the suicide side rate so high they should legalize Ketamine under supervision from a doctor with covered insurance it sounds like K has been doing amazing things for people with severe depression and suicidal urges. Antidepressents don't work for everybody and in fact it can make depression much worst I'm speaking from experience. It's time to think outside the box people are suffering more then ever medicine needs to change.