- Angel Has Fallen - $21.2 Million (new release)
- Good Boys - $11.7 Million
- Overcomer - $8.2 Million (new release)
- The Lion King 2019 - $8.15 Million
- Hobbs & Shaw - $8.14 Million
- Ready or Not - $7.5 Million (new release)
- The Angry Birds Movie 2 - $6.3 Million
- Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark - $6.0 Million
- Dora the Lost City of Gold - $5.2 Million
- Once Upon a Time in Hollywood - $5.0 Million
What a dead zone of a August month and barely any good movies couldn't pass $50 million mark, but then again, Angel Has Fallen did quite well. This is a weird franchise that decreases the budget every movie. Olympus was $70 million, London $60 million, and Angel $40 million.
The combined budget of the trilogy is only $20 more than the similar White House Down that was released the same year as Olympus. Didn't see anything this weekend but will go see Angel Has Fallen later on.
August 23-25 mojo's box office weekend