Anbody know what it's like being Vegetarian?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ultimameteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ultimameteora
Member since 2003 • 2573 Posts

So a couple of months ago I stopped eating steak because it was giving me heartburn and I thought about becoming vegetarian. Yesterday I was trying to eat a turkey sandwhich and I wasn't really enjoying it and I decided that I'm completely tired of meat, this is awkward for me because I used to love meat and I don't really like salad. I guess I'll just cut out meat and eat whatever else. I was wondering if anyone here knows what it's like being vegetarian (other than not eating meat)?:P

lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 lo_Pine
Member since 2012 • 4978 Posts

It means being a pvssy.

You have to count yourself out of basically every social situation.

IdioticIcarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 IdioticIcarus
Member since 2012 • 2167 Posts
I don't think it is any different, really.
Crunchy_Nuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Crunchy_Nuts
Member since 2010 • 2749 Posts
Eat less meat without cutting it out totally. You'll be healthier and the times you do eat meat you'll enjoy it more.
sapphire54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 sapphire54
Member since 2013 • 135 Posts

Are you making sure you getting all the nutrition you need? That should be top of your list as with any major diet change.

sapphire54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 sapphire54
Member since 2013 • 135 Posts

You have to count yourself out of basically every social situation. (so says me the non-vegetarian)

lo_Pine

I'm a vegetarian and I have a great social life.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#7 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

Unless someone has health issues, I dont get the point of being Vegetarian at all

bnarmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bnarmz
Member since 2012 • 1372 Posts

I've been a vegan for over 10 years. I'm a healthy 6 foot 1, 190 pounder. I don't get sick, don't even need to sleep much (about 5 to 4 hrs a night), I always have energy and can be around people with colds and not pick it up. But my health is the result of doing many things other than having a meatless diet.

LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

I haven't eaten chicken or red meat since 2008 and fish since maybe a year. Other than being able to smell (and being horribly repulsed by) chicken while it's being cooked from what seems to be an impossible distance for regular human beings, I haven't had a single problem. I sort of miss gelatine, though. 

ultimameteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ultimameteora
Member since 2003 • 2573 Posts

I've been a vegan for over 10 years. I'm a healthy 6 foot 1, 190 pounder. I don't get sick, don't even need to sleep much (about 5 to 4 hrs a night), I always have energy and can be around people with colds and not pick it up. But my health is the result of doing many things other than having a meatless diet.

bnarmz
I'm not going vegan, I still like milk and eggs, just no meat (vegetarian). I actually didn't know there was a difference between the two until recently.:)
Comic_Capers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 Comic_Capers
Member since 2008 • 1701 Posts

It will largely depend on where you live. If you live in the UK or the USA where there are lots of vegetarians and vegetarian food is easy to come by then being a vegetarian is easy and not socially awkward. However if you live in a country that has a very meat-focused diet (such as countries in Central Europe like France and Germany) then being a vegetarian can be very difficult. As an almost-vegetarian myself I find being a vegetarian in the UK is no problem but is far more difficult when I go travelling to countries outside the USA, hence my decision to still eat fish as I was raised as it gives me far more choice when travelling and makes it easier for people who don't know how to cater for vegetarians easily.

That's my view anyway.