Action figures anyone?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nega3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Nega3
Member since 2010 • 1069 Posts

Does anyone here collect action figures or has some? What specific lines do you collect? Hot Toys, Transformers, NECA etc.

I'm a big Japanese figure collector. I mainly collect Nendoroids and just started collecting Figma

They're both lines based on anime and game characters. They have a pretty diverse range from cute moe girls like the Houkago Tea Time from K-On! and the girls and boys from Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya to famous gaming heroes like Link, Sonic and Samus Aran. Even Kamen Rider characters, Mickey Mouse, Spiderman and RoboCop make an appearance in these two lines.

What about you? Have you ever collected an action figure (or even statues) line?

Avatar image for WolfattheDoor34
WolfattheDoor34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 WolfattheDoor34
Member since 2006 • 3278 Posts

you are a child

MacBoomStick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MacBoomStick
Member since 2011 • 1822 Posts

I'm a big Japanese figure collector. I mainly collect Nendoroids and just started collecting Figma

They're both lines based on anime and game characters. They have a pretty diverse range from cute moe girls like the Houkago Tea Time from K-On! and the girls and boys from Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Nega3

Also an anime avatar. Weeaboo confirmed.

Avatar image for MorbidlyRecluse
MorbidlyRecluse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MorbidlyRecluse
Member since 2012 • 43 Posts
I collected them when I was a child...
Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
I keep a few (~7) around because I think they look cool, but I'm not really a collector. Favorites are a figure of Ryougi Shiki and an action figure of Garrus Vakarian.
CJL182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CJL182
Member since 2003 • 9233 Posts

I have a small Hot Toys Batman collection, but it's quickly growing. The Tumbler should get here in a few weeks, and it'll be my first vehicle from HT. I would never sell unless I really needed the money/space, but it's nice that these figures tend to at the very least retain their value even though they've been opened.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

Not action figures specifically, but I collect Statues. (like for example the Figure you get from the GW2 CE)

I have quite a few and my glass cabinent is nearly full.

It's an expensive hobby though. Been trying to get a good Wolverine for ages...

CJL182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 CJL182
Member since 2003 • 9233 Posts

Not action figures specifically, but I collect Statues. (like for example the Figure you get from the GW2 CE)

FelipeInside

I got into the statue game about a year ago and I'm hooked lol. The Joker Premium Format statue from Sideshow is finally shipping this week after nearly a year long wait. These last few days are brutal!

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

CJL182

I got into the statue game about a year ago and I'm hooked lol. The Joker Premium Format statue from Sideshow is finally shipping this week after nearly a year long wait. These last few days are brutal!

Nice Nice. I was in Sydney the other day (I live in Australia about 2 hours from Sydney), out with my GF and we normally stop at a big comic book shop there. I was browsing the statue cabinet and she went off to another part of the shop. She came back with this: http://cool-toy-spot.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/stitch-vinyl-figure.jpg I couldn't believe it, I always wanted one. Now it sits in my cabinet. I'm thinking of purchasing this next: What do u reckon? http://www.bowendesigns.com/Repository/Product_MainPicture/664___Source.jpg
Darksonic666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#10 Darksonic666
Member since 2009 • 3482 Posts

I used to collect them all the time and actually now have a good sized collection of figures.

But lately I collect more video games then I do figures and hardly ever purchase action figures any more.

Every now and then though I will get an action figure if it looks cool enough.