A serious question for those celebrating Soldiers Mourn Day Remembrance ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

Im sure most who live in the UK would have seen the red thingy alot of people are wearing, not trying to disrespect the dead but, how am i supposed to mourn for people who choose to get involved with a death machine called War. Now before i get slashed, im no stranger to suffering loss from conflict so save your preaching.

Has anyone ever wondered why the United Nations never gathered to abolish the production of weapons, how these companies profit from war n the people who volunteer(soldiers) themselves like mindless drones to fuel this blood sucking Vampire called war make the case even worse ?

Avatar image for CreasianDevaili
CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 CreasianDevaili
Member since 2005 • 4429 Posts
When the leading body of a country chooses/represents a side of war they often try and mourn their side's deaths. Same with other sides. You do not need to mourn. No one commanded you to. But your questions feels like something you already know the answer to. You ask to bring out an opening to argue against it.

So a question to you. Does it matter if you mourn the death of soldiers not of your own?
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
Because the two largest wars we remember were extremely heavy on conscription as well as wars of vital importance. Whether you agree with the reason for a war or why a person joined it you should be able to appreciate the bravery of throwing yourself into such a terrible thing.
Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Nick3306
Member since 2007 • 3429 Posts
[QUOTE="CreasianDevaili"]When the leading body of a country chooses/represents a side of war they often try and mourn their side's deaths. Same with other sides. You do not need to mourn. No one commanded you to. But your questions feels like something you already know the answer to. You ask to bring out an opening to argue against it.

So a question to you. Does it matter if you mourn the death of soldiers not of your own?

This
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#5 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Im sure most who live in the UK would have seen the red thingy alot of people are wearing, not trying to disrespect the dead but, how am i supposed to mourn for people who choose to get involved with a death machine called War. Now before i get slashed, im no stranger to suffering loss from conflict so save your preaching.

Has anyone ever wondered why the United Nations never gathered to abolish the production of weapons, how these companies profit from war n the people who volunteer(soldiers) themselves like mindless drones to fuel this blood sucking Vampire called war make the case even worse ?

megaspiderweb09

While I do agree with you about the U.N and Corporations in general, I dis-agree about the soldiers themselves. Most people serve because they want to protect their family and communites and help out people in other countries.

Most soldier eventually become aware of the curruption in the Goverment but feel that sometimes you can be more effective changing things from the inside. I myself have nothing but respect for all of the men and women of the military.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Laihendi
Member since 2009 • 5872 Posts

megaspiderweb09
The UN banning production of weapons would be a disaster. Then the only people with weapons would be terrorists and the governments of rogue states.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
Those "red things" represent all the men and women who have died for something they believed in, their country and your freedom, and the people who died because with conscription, they didn't have much of a choice but to go to war. In short, I agree with Ace6301
senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 senses_fail_06
Member since 2006 • 7033 Posts

war n the people who volunteer(soldiers) themselves like mindless drones to fuel this blood sucking Vampire called war make the case even worse ?

megaspiderweb09

Are you serious? Are you insinuating that the people who actually fight the wars are at fault. Even nations that aren't in wars have armies ready to fight, to protect the homeland. I doubt many people signing up for the military want to leave their country and fight a war, one I'm sure many don't believe in. Unfortunately, you don't get to choose when you sign up. There is no option for defense on American soil only. You sign up and you do and go where they tell you. Joining the military is a job and people join to feed their families.

noscope-ak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 noscope-ak47
Member since 2012 • 1318 Posts

Tc you have the right to type BS because people died for you to have that right. Every day people are putting it all on the line for idiots who think freedom is free like you.

LordRork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#10 LordRork
Member since 2004 • 2692 Posts

Im sure most who live in the UK would have seen the red thingy alot of people are wearing, not trying to disrespect the dead but, how am i supposed to mourn for people who choose to get involved with a death machine called War.

megaspiderweb09

It's not about mourning (for the average person), but an act of Remembrance - to acknowledge sacrifice of the few for the nation's ideals and its principles. Not all of those dead went to war willingly (mass conscription was the order of the day), making it all the more important to remember, if only to try to prevent it happening again.

Mafiree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Mafiree
Member since 2008 • 3704 Posts
You're so edgy........
EJ902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 EJ902
Member since 2005 • 14338 Posts
A lot of people didn't have the choice of joining the army. The idea of rememberance is controversial among some, the way I see it, it's up to the individual to decide what it means to them. Some may choose to use it to honour the sacrifice of soldiers who they believe died protecting their freedom, others may choose to remember the large scale loss of life in the name of conflict to help ensure that such a thing never happens again. The way I see it, regardless of one's viewpoint there's always something for them to reflect upon in that two minute silence. As for wearing poppies and donating to the Royal British Legion, that's another matter as that's the effort of a private charity, I'm happy donating and wearing mine but I can see other peoples' reasons for not doing so. In my university it never seems to be acknowledged, lecturers will just carry on through 11am on 11th of November like nothing happened. I can understand it being contentious in a university with a high international population, many of whom will be unfamiliar with the custom (including lecturers themselves) or may even be opposed to it for their own country's history, but to ignore it altogether just baffles me
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Laihendi
Member since 2009 • 5872 Posts
Instead of acting like every soldier who dies is a hero, maybe we should stop glorifying war and acting like their deaths are something for us to revere. Soldiers who die in unnecessary wars are victims, regardless of whether or not the manner of their deaths was heroic. Concepts such as patriotism and heroism are used as weapons against people who question whether the soldiers who die "defending" this country were actually defending it at all. People use appeals to emotion to stop people from questioning whether there was actually any good reason for those people to die. This holiday has been turned into a tool for war propaganda.
Avatar image for deactivated-59921cb703b3a
deactivated-59921cb703b3a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-59921cb703b3a
Member since 2012 • 353 Posts

Im sure most who live in the UK would have seen the red thingy alot of people are wearing, not trying to disrespect the dead but, how am i supposed to mourn for people who choose to get involved with a death machine called War. Now before i get slashed, im no stranger to suffering loss from conflict so save your preaching. What the hell? Do you think people go to war for the laughs?

Has anyone ever wondered why the United Nations never gathered to abolish the production of weapons, No I haven't. I'm pretty sure it's because nobody trusts each other. And why should they? how these companies profit from war n the people who volunteer(soldiers) themselves like mindless drones to fuel this blood sucking Vampire called war make the case even worse ? Wars have been around alot longer than corporations.

megaspiderweb09

Either you're trolling or naive.

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
A sacrifice is a sacrifice... whether we agree with the government's choices or not.