a music question to all...

• 119 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

barcx17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 barcx17
Member since 2008 • 3782 Posts

why is your favorite band/artist your favorite?

Mine is Maná, the Mexican rock group. I guess they're my favorites because I grew up listening to them. Ever since I was like 5 I remember my Dad and his brother drinking and my uncle used to play Maná all the time and he would cry and sing too so I got used to them. Now 14 years later, I'm still a big fan. Also, the drummer, Alex Gonzalez, is such a bad-ass on the drums, he's one of my idols :D

so now what about you guys?

-Misanthropic-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 -Misanthropic-
Member since 2009 • 3603 Posts
I have lots... My five main groups would be The Doors, Led Zeppelin, Nirvana, The Cure and The Pogues.
DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DivergeUnify
Member since 2007 • 15150 Posts
A few months ago I would've said AFI, but at the moment( being a few months) it's been Protest the Hero. Why? Bleeding emotion put into every song
randomhero5677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 randomhero5677
Member since 2007 • 3086 Posts
Top 3:
  1. Radiohead
  2. Pink Floyd
  3. Nirvana
mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#5 mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts
I love everything but if I had to whittle it down to two it would be the cure and the dead kennedys.
Nevlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Nevlim
Member since 2007 • 5312 Posts

Alice Cooper of course

I guess hes my favorite cause i just love all of his songs i also love the way he is (personality) and his shows and many dther things. I actually want to be like him :oops:

tbone29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tbone29
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

Nas is my all-time favorite emcee.

Really I just love his rapping style, his flow, and subject matter... Still listen to all of his albums...

Bloodaxe726

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Bloodaxe726
Member since 2007 • 7903 Posts
Iron Maiden, I love their instrumental stuff, as well as Bruce's voice and the lyrics are just great.
GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
Burzum. I think Varg Vikernes is pretty much musically a genius. He innovated the basic concepts of black metal and gave black metal its own great qualities. Black metal wouldn't have half of its great bands if not for him.
swazidoughman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#10 swazidoughman
Member since 2008 • 3520 Posts

Hard to say.

my 3 favorites right now are

Kraftwerk

Steel Pulse

and

GGDAG

KLAX42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KLAX42
Member since 2008 • 3368 Posts

R A D I O H E A D !

edit- there's lots of other bands that I really love but Radiohead has been at the top for the longest. Other bands worth mention include (but are not limited to!):

Nine Inch Nails

Muse

Sigur Ros

Daft Punk

Justice

Animal Collective

Between The Buried & Me

Chemical Brothers

Fleet Foxes

Girl Talk

Lightspeed Champion

Gorillaz :)

Djdiddles77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#12 Djdiddles77
Member since 2008 • 648 Posts
My all time favorite is Metallica. Led Zepplin and Beatles are up there too!! Currently I have been listening to a lot of Avenged Sevenfold and Atreyu!
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17878 Posts

Some bands were once great but suck now, like Live and Pearl Jam. The early to mid 90's was when I was really into music, so there's a lot of bands I liked back then that lost their way. I kinda drift in and out of bands, because I judge each release on it's own merits and not my love for the band.

But as for my definitive favorite, that would have to go to Led Zeppelin. I grew up on it, what can I say? My late childhood and early teen years revolved around my Zoso and Zep II cassette tapes.

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

Disturbed is my favorite Band.

Why? you ask. because i like his voice and the songs he sings. i like the meanings of his songs. he has some good deep political songs. and they are just amazing IMO

Parandrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Parandrus
Member since 2008 • 2511 Posts
Margot & the Nuclear So and So's. Just a great band.
Darth-Caedus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Darth-Caedus
Member since 2008 • 20756 Posts
Amon Amarth, Behemoth, and Morbid Angel are my top 3 ATM.
_glatisant_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 _glatisant_
Member since 2008 • 1060 Posts
The Clash, Nirvana and The Rolling Stones. I don't have a reason why other than their music is awesome.
-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts
OutKast, The Doors, and Chopin. I once played them all at once and awesomeness ensued.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
Member since 2007 • 17401 Posts
Porcupine Tree, Opeth, Muse, The Cure, and Radiohead.
Rikardur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Rikardur
Member since 2008 • 9290 Posts

My #1 band would be Blind Guardian. I love every single song of theirs. Their sound is magical and Hansi is just a wonderful singer. And Andre's guitar work is superb.

Others are:

-Primordial: A band comprised of black metal and celtic melodies filled with such epicness and the emotional vocals from Nemtheanga is instant win.

-Agalloch: Wonderful atmospheric music.

-Empyrium: This is the epitome of depressing yet beautiful music.

-My Dying Bride: Legends. 'Nuff Said.

-Omnia, Tenhi, and Eluveitie.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
Member since 2007 • 17401 Posts

My #1 band would be Blind Guardian. I love every single song of theirs. Their sound is magical and Hansi is just a wonderful singer. And Andre's guitar work is superb.

Others are:

-Primordial: A band fused of black metal and celtic melodies filled with such epicness and the emotional vocals from Nemtheanga is instant win.

Rikardur

I am now mentally disturbed by your sig... I hope you're happy :x

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 Teenaged
Member since 2007 • 31764 Posts

Let me first raise my flame shield... ok here we go.

I like Scorpions very much (70's and 80's albums) because they have the most solid hard rock sound I've ever heard (ex: Lovedrive, Animal Magnetism), because in the 70's they had evolved tremendously and that gives you a wide range of styles (indie, dreamy in the beginning, Van Hallen-like later). The voice of Klaus Meine is just amazing. I loved his sturdy voice (ex: Tokyo Tapes) and his screaming (ex: Virgin Killer).

Also Scorpions have created songs which for me should be in the playllist of any hard rock fan: In Trance, Dark Lady, Drifting Sun, Speedy's Coming, Robot Man, The Sails of Charon, We'll Burn the Sky, Born To Touch your Feelings, Loving You Sunday Morning, Coast To Coast, The Zoo etc.

NOTE: This is a subjective opinion.

gasmaskman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 gasmaskman
Member since 2005 • 3463 Posts

1. Pink Floyd

It was always Tool, but I changed my mind after listening to Animals again.

2. Tool

3. Sublime

lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts
My current focus is Rage Against the Machine. My all time favorite band is Green Day. Some may laugh at this, but, Green Day were the reasons I started to like rock music.
musicaz70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25 musicaz70
Member since 2007 • 1949 Posts
A few months ago I would've said AFI, but at the moment( being a few months) it's been Protest the Hero. Why? Bleeding emotion put into every songDivergeUnify
Yep. Kezia is just insane in the amount of power put into the lyrics... Every time I listen to that album it just gets better and better.
Hot-Tamale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 Hot-Tamale
Member since 2009 • 2052 Posts
Threshold, Queensryche, Savatage...
Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#27 Tiefster
Member since 2005 • 14639 Posts
The bands I currently listen to the most are The Gazette, Protest the Hero, Versailles, Screw, and Maximum the Hormone
Rikardur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Rikardur
[QUOTE="Guppy507"][QUOTE="Rikardur"]

Others are:

-Primordial: A band fused of black metal and celtic melodies filled with such epicness and the emotional vocals from Nemtheanga is instant win.

I am now mentally disturbed by your sig... I hope you're happy :x

Good! :D It was my plan all along!
airg6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 airg6
Member since 2006 • 4390 Posts
A few months ago I would've said AFI, but at the moment( being a few months) it's been Protest the Hero. Why? Bleeding emotion put into every songDivergeUnify
Whats up dude. Long time no talk. By the way, have you listened to kezia yet.
anDy-PeNGuiN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 anDy-PeNGuiN
Member since 2005 • 1201 Posts

weeeeeeeeeezer.

Most people think im idiotic but Pinkerton has never been topped as a favourite album, all 5 (even make believe) have had elements of excellence, and Rivers' alone albums have been top notch, plus the hundreds of unrealeased demo's.

Strange really, i dislike the diversification that bands make to mainstream but its never really bothered me with weezer as they aren't big in britain

anDy-PeNGuiN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 anDy-PeNGuiN
Member since 2005 • 1201 Posts

R A D I O H E A D !

edit- there's lots of other bands that I really love but Radiohead has been at the top for the longest. Other bands worth mention include (but are not limited to!):

Nine Inch Nails

Muse

Sigur Ros

Daft Punk

Justice

Animal Collective

Between The Buried & Me

Chemical Brothers

Fleet Foxes

Girl Talk

Lightspeed Champion

Gorillaz :)

KLAX42

Lightspeed Champion! I've met Dev twice, the guy is a legend.

airg6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 airg6
My favorite band has to be Between The Buried And Me. I love every single one of they're songs. All the band members are amazing at they're instruments and I love the emotion and thought they put in they're songs.
Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Tiefster
[QUOTE="DivergeUnify"]A few months ago I would've said AFI, but at the moment( being a few months) it's been Protest the Hero. Why? Bleeding emotion put into every songmusicaz70
Yep. Kezia is just insane in the amount of power put into the lyrics... Every time I listen to that album it just gets better and better.

The funny part about Kezia is I'm fairly certain its just a story the bassist made up and every 2 or 3 groupings of songs having a theme like religion or prison. Rody Walker is a talented vocalist though, not a big fan of most of his work on Fortress though.
Rikardur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Rikardur
My favorite band has to be Between The Buried And Me. I love every single one of they're songs. All the band members are amazing at they're instruments and I love the emotion and thought they put in they're songs.airg6
And here I thought it was Metallica...:|
airg6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 airg6
[QUOTE="musicaz70"][QUOTE="DivergeUnify"]A few months ago I would've said AFI, but at the moment( being a few months) it's been Protest the Hero. Why? Bleeding emotion put into every songTiefster

The funny part about Kezia is I'm fairly certain its just a story the bassist made up and every 2 or 3 groupings of songs having a theme like religion or prison. Rody Walker is a talented vocalist though, not a big fan of most of his work on Fortress though.

Yep. Thats pretty much it. Arif made a compelling story though. I just love how heavy they can be, and so catchy at the same time.
airg6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 airg6
[QUOTE="airg6"]My favorite band has to be Between The Buried And Me. I love every single one of they're songs. All the band members are amazing at they're instruments and I love the emotion and thought they put in they're songs.Rikardur
And here I thought it was Metallica...:|

They're one of my favorites.. Metallica are legends. No doubt about it. I'm hoping Between The Buried and Me will go down as legends too.
musicaz70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#37 musicaz70
Member since 2007 • 1949 Posts
[QUOTE="musicaz70"][QUOTE="DivergeUnify"]A few months ago I would've said AFI, but at the moment( being a few months) it's been Protest the Hero. Why? Bleeding emotion put into every songTiefster

Yeah, it's a big story about Kezia who is jailed for a crime she never committed. It's split up into three sections about the Prison Priest, the Prison Guard, and Kezia... Definitely the best concept album (story wise) I've ever heard. Some really interesting symbolism is in it also.
Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Tiefster
Yep. Thats pretty much it. Arif made a compelling story though. I just love how heavy they can be, and so catchy at the same time.airg6
I hear ya, Kezia is such a great album, I started listening to it again just a few days ago, She Who Mars the Skin of Gods, Heretics and Killers, and The Divine Suicide of K
airg6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 airg6
The Divine Suicide of K is an amazing song. I love Kezia. I love Fortress to, But Kezia is just so much more personal and enjoyable.
tsduv21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 tsduv21
Member since 2007 • 2942 Posts
My favorite band is probably Rise Against. I like them because their songs are meaningful or I can relate.
modernsapien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41 modernsapien
Member since 2008 • 186 Posts
I'll listen to pretty much anything. I prefer older music though, 70's and 80's. I have been listening to Infected Mushroom alot lately though.
Avatar image for theBESTplayer10
theBESTplayer10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 theBESTplayer10
Member since 2009 • 228 Posts
I like alot of music like...AFI, Atreyu, Breaking Benjamin, Cartel, Chevelle, Evanescence, Evans blue, Finger Eleven, Flyleaf, Foo Fighters, Incubus, the killers, Linkin Park, muse, My Chemical romance, Nirvana, Offspring, Papa Roach, Paramore, Plain white t's, Puddle of mudd, Rage Against the Machine, red jumpsuit, Rise Against, saliva, Seether, Shinedown, Sum41, Three days grace, Weezer,10 Years, 3 doors down the list goes on...& I like these kind of bands cuz you can understand what they're saying & there songs have actual meaning!
DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DivergeUnify
[QUOTE="DivergeUnify"]Whats up dude. Long time no talk. By the way, have you listened to kezia yet.airg6
Yeah and I can say I like it better than Fortress for the very reason I listed them as being my favorite :P
[QUOTE="DivergeUnify"]A few months ago I would've said AFI, but at the moment( being a few months) it's been Protest the Hero. Why? Bleeding emotion put into every songmusicaz70

yeah same. it's also my favorite sing-along album :P
Dopemonk736

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Dopemonk736
Member since 2006 • 2731 Posts

why is your favorite band/artist your favorite?

Mine is Maná, the Mexican rock group. I guess they're my favorites because I grew up listening to them. Ever since I was like 5 I remember my Dad and his brother drinking and my uncle used to play Maná all the time and he would cry and sing too so I got used to them. Now 14 years later, I'm still a big fan. Also, the drummer, Alex Gonzalez, is such a bad-ass on the drums, he's one of my idols :D

so now what about you guys?

barcx17
gotta love Maná
DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DivergeUnify
My favorite band has to be Between The Buried And Me. I love every single one of they're songs. All the band members are amazing at they're instruments and I love the emotion and thought they put in they're songs.airg6
what happened to Metallica? :P
[QUOTE="airg6"]Yep. Thats pretty much it. Arif made a compelling story though. I just love how heavy they can be, and so catchy at the same time.Tiefster
I hear ya, Kezia is such a great album, I started listening to it again just a few days ago, She Who Mars the Skin of Gods, Heretics and Killers, and The Divine Suicide of K

the entire album is incredible imo. A Plateful of Our Dead is one of the best closers I've heard. Good job turning this into a PTH thread :P
airg6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 airg6
[QUOTE="DivergeUnify"][QUOTE="airg6"] what happened to Metallica? :P
[QUOTE="airg6"]Yep. Thats pretty much it. Arif made a compelling story though. I just love how heavy they can be, and so catchy at the same time.Tiefster

the entire album is incredible imo. A Plateful of Our Dead is one of the best closers I've heard. Good job turning this into a PTH thread :P

I still like them a lot. But i've been getting into more progressive and technical bands like the Faceless lately.
airg6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 airg6
[QUOTE="DivergeUnify"][QUOTE="airg6"] what happened to Metallica? :P

That is an amazing song. You definetly need to check out Between The Buried And Me. They're one of the most underrated bands around.
DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 DivergeUnify
]That is an amazing song. You definetly need to check out Between The Buried And Me. They're one of the most underrated bands around.airg6
I have dude haha. I downloaded Alaska and bought Colors last week
Darth-Caedus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Darth-Caedus
Member since 2008 • 20756 Posts
[QUOTE="DivergeUnify"][QUOTE="airg6"]I hear ya, Kezia is such a great album, I started listening to it again just a few days ago, She Who Mars the Skin of Gods, Heretics and Killers, and The Divine Suicide of Kairg6

I still like them a lot. But i've been getting into more progressive and technical bands like the Faceless lately.

The Faceless new album owns :D
Xeilia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Xeilia
Member since 2009 • 231 Posts

Kalmah,Opeth,As I lay dying,Eternal Tears of sorrow,Inflames,Metallica,SoilWork,Killswitch Engaged,Megadeth,Children of Bodom,Evergrey,Testement,Linkin Park,Trapt,Evanescence,For My Pain,Daughtry,Breaking Benjamin,Slipknot,Death,Unearth,Amon Amarath,Firewind,Machine head,Korn,HIM....etc.

That's what I have in mind now...:)