37 injured and 1 dead in las vegas terrorist attacked

This topic is locked from further discussion.

iloveatlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By iloveatlus
Member since 2009 • 599 Posts

some will say mentally ill, others will say terrorist. my prayers are with all the victim of this terrorist attacked. if she is mentally ill, then I hope she is prevented from ever driving again

A driver veered onto a crowded sidewalk several times on the Las Vegas Strip, injuring more than 30 people in what authorities described as an "intentional" act.

At least one person was killed and 37 others injured near the Paris Las Vegas Hotel on Sunday night, authorities said.

Witnesses said the woman was driving down Las Vegas Boulevard before her car jumped onto the sidewalk and started striking pedestrians.

She allegedly drove the 1996 Oldsmobile sedan onto the sidewalk at different spots and hit more people before barreling down the road.

Antonio Nassar said people scrambled to stop the woman as she drove on the sidewalk.

"The car rolled right in front of me. By the time I looked over to the right, all you could see was (her) driving away, and people were bouncing off the front of the car," Nassar told CNN affiliate KLAS.

"She rode the sidewalk, she came to a stop at the Paris intersection, people are punching into the window. ... She accelerated again and just kept mowing people down."

Another witness, Sofie Kitteroed, told CNN's "New Day" that bystanders rushed to the scene to help bleeding victims.

Emergency vehicles were trying to cut through traffic to get there, she said. Convoys of ambulances and police cars gathered at various spots, their lights flashing.

Justin Cochrane said he was having dinner at a patio restaurant when he suddenly saw the car.

It slowed down, turned toward the sidewalk and accelerated, he said.

The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department urged witnesses to flag down officers at the scene and give them a statement.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/21/us/las-vegas-strip-pedestrians-hit/

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

Baiting a tragedy as terrorism--especially when the police has ruled it out in various news reports--isn't going to do you any favors. If anything, it'll get your thread locked for disruptive posting.