HaSheeSh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 HaSheeSh_basic
Member since 2002 • 12509 Posts

And that's just the main group, not including affiliates...

DeadQwon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 DeadQwon
Member since 2008 • 594 Posts

On a weekly basis, atleast one album from the group alone and affiliates will be bumped.

Timeless albums, over all these years I don't think any group could **** with Wu's stuff. Atleast that's just me.

Anti-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Anti-Venom
Member since 2008 • 5646 Posts
agree 100%. Wu-Tang forever
mowz00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mowz00
Member since 2004 • 18692 Posts

ITI brought up Wu-Tang as one of the reasons I have the worst taste in OTB...:lol:

We won't get into all the **** he listens to that people don't remember a month later.

HaSheeSh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 HaSheeSh_basic

ITI brought up Wu-Tang as one of the reasons I have the worst taste in OTB...:lol:

We won't get into all the **** he listens to that people don't remember a month later.

mowz00
Well, ITI's taste in music for the most part sucks...
MTVjams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MTVjams
Member since 2009 • 301 Posts
i personally like tribe better but yeah Wutang is on its own level
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#7 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts

This is the first time I can remember I saw a thread / post made by Hasheesh, where I smiled and nodded my head in agreement

You done good, I 100% agree...There is no group that can contend with the Wu Tang Clan's quality. Don't even bring up BCC, Wu-Tang is better.

rubbersouI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rubbersouI
Member since 2003 • 10008 Posts
ugk
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Toriko42
ugkrubbersouI
UGK is a duo :|
rubbersouI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rubbersouI
even wu fans would agree that maybe a quarter of those albums posted would be considered classic...
TheHimura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TheHimura
Member since 2005 • 9297 Posts

Don't even bring up BCC, Wu-Tang is better. Toriko42

I've never been a big Wu fan... always preferred BCC. Either way, they both got multiple classic albums under their belt, so repect to both of them.

andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts

even wu fans would agree that maybe a quarter of those albums posted would be considered classic...rubbersouI

truth

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Toriko42

even wu fans would agree that maybe a quarter of those albums posted would be considered classic...rubbersouI
Does an album have to be a cIassic to be a great / superb album?

rubbersouI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rubbersouI
well most of those albums are awful..
elpooz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 elpooz
Member since 2005 • 5883 Posts

LOL ^ yeah right. Most Wu is sickness. LS is like my 2nd favorite album ever, so that alone puts them ahead of UGK. UGK is dope though.

Atmosphere deserves mention as one of the best "groups" of all time... just to put that out there. and Outkast and UGK  > Wu, if you don't consider the solo albums like LS and all that. Wu group albums just don't stand up to those of Kast and UGK. Super Tight, Ridin' Dirty, etc.. > Wu's group efforts. Same with Outkast...

Ryder004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ryder004
Member since 2007 • 4371 Posts

defenitly my favorite group.

cmpepper23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 cmpepper23
Member since 2005 • 3281 Posts

[QUOTE="rubbersouI"]ugkToriko42

Group or not, which technically 2 or more equals a group, I still put UGK ahead of Wu Tang as well. I love me some Wu Tang though. 

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Toriko42

LOL ^ yeah right. Most Wu is sickness. LS is like my 2nd favorite album ever, so that alone puts them ahead of UGK. UGK is dope though.

Atmosphere deserves mention as one of the best "groups" of all time... just to put that out there. and Outkast and UGK  > Wu, if you don't consider the solo albums like LS and all that. Wu group albums just don't stand up to those of Kast and UGK. Super Tight, Ridin' Dirty, etc.. > Wu's group efforts. Same with Outkast...

elpooz

Outkast and UGK are two duos that creatively are close to eachother, granted Outkast may have moved away from that in recent years

Wu-Tang Clan is like...9 people

Just look at the differences in their solo albums, it's a lot harder to make consistently dope group records then Duo records

And even then, the Wu is great at that, they made one of if not the best group record of all time with Enter the 36 Chambers and their follow ups like Forever and The W are great...

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Toriko42

[QUOTE="Toriko42"][QUOTE="rubbersouI"]ugkcmpepper23

Group or not, which technically 2 or more equals a group, I still put UGK ahead of Wu Tang as well. I love me some Wu Tang though. 

It's a lot harder for a group of 9 to have consistent chemistry compared to a duo of two
cmpepper23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 cmpepper23
Member since 2005 • 3281 Posts
[QUOTE="cmpepper23"]

[QUOTE="Toriko42"][QUOTE="rubbersouI"]ugkToriko42

It's a lot harder for a group of 9 to have consistent chemistry compared to a duo of two

I completely agree with that. I'm not taking anything away from the Wu. UGK is my favorite rap group/duo though and will always be top of my list.   

elpooz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 elpooz
[QUOTE="elpooz"]

Toriko42

Outkast and UGK are two duos that creatively are close to eachother, granted Outkast may have moved away from that in recent years

Just look at the differences in their solo albums, it's a lot harder to make consistently dope group records then Duo records

And even then, the Wu is great at that, they made one of if not the best group record of all time with Enter the 36 Chambers and their follow ups like Forever and The W are great...

Outkast's albums are still better than Wu's group albums... As are UGK's. It's not my fault Wu didn't drop some of their weaker members. And I'd take Aquemini alone > 36 Chambers. Yeah, I said it. Solo album wise, the Wu is easily the best collective or whatever out there, but their group albums are just good overall. 36 Chambers was classic, and the rest were just good, except for 8 Diagrams which is pretty meh. 

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Toriko42
[QUOTE="Toriko42"][QUOTE="elpooz"]

elpooz

Outkast's albums are still better than Wu's group albums... As are UGK's. It's not my fault Wu didn't drop some of their weaker members. And I'd take Aquemini alone > 36 Chambers. Yeah, I said it. Solo album wise, the Wu is easily the best collective or whatever out there, but their group albums are just good overall. 36 Chambers was classic, and the rest were just good, except for 8 Diagrams which is pretty meh. 

I think this whole comparison of Outkast against Wu though is just...fallicious

Compare a group of four or more against the Wu and you got an argument.

Outkast is a consistent duo because it's only two people, they work off eachother

The Wu is like, 9 people. Remember 8 Diagrams? Rza's direction wasn't in line with what GFK wanted and that made a weaker album. 

I think everyone knows that the Wu Solo albums are the best thing about them though, Liquid Swords, OBFCL, Supreme Clientele, Ironman, Tical, Fishscale, Return to the 36th Chamber, etc. but I don't see how you can compare Wu to Outkast. BCC yes, DITC yes, any four man posse really, but not a duo.

rubbersouI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 rubbersouI
it would be easier for 9 members of a group to produce a good album than 2. i can't think of any reason why that wouldn't be true...
elpooz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 elpooz

it would be easier for 9 members of a group to produce a good album than 2. i can't think of any reason why that wouldn't be true...rubbersouI

this ^

i get what youre saying toriko, but 9 people should damn well be able to drop heat if all 9 of them are putting their heads together. 9 great artists and they could only put out one classic? outkast >>>> that. sure, there was probably less confrontation in atmosphere, kast, ugk, etc... but they also had less ideas bouncing around. 

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Toriko42

Ideas can come in numbers sure but if the whole group isn't on the same wavelength then there won't be any fruition of those ideas...

I'm pretty sure in Outkast if Big Boi has an idea, he can do his own thing like he did on West Savannah or on the whole Speakerboxxx Album but in Wu-Tang, if one artist has an idea then 8 people gotta think it's a good idea, they all gotta go along with it. Even though you'll get more ideas, you might not get everyone agreeing that those ideas are good. 

Foolz3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#26 Foolz3h
Member since 2006 • 23739 Posts

Ideas can come in numbers sure but if the whole group isn't on the same wavelength then there won't be any fruition of those ideas...

I'm pretty sure in Outkast if Big Boi has an idea, he can do his own thing like he did on West Savannah or on the whole Speakerboxxx Album but in Wu-Tang, if one artist has an idea then 8 people gotta think it's a good idea, they all gotta go along with it. Even though you'll get more ideas, you might not get everyone agreeing that those ideas are good. 

Toriko42

Same thing can happen in a group of two, though. Yes, there might be more disagreement in ideas in a larger group, but there'll also be more ideas, so it probably evens out somewhat.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Toriko42
[QUOTE="Toriko42"]

Foolz3h

Same thing can happen in a group of two, though. Yes, there might be more disagreement in ideas in a larger group, but there'll also be more ideas, so it probably evens out somewhat.

Maybe but I would think a duo would be creatively on a similar wavelength, far more so then a large group could ever be...

Y'all have done group work at school right, with friends perhaps.

I'd imagine it was a lot easier to work with just one other person then a group of four or more.

rubbersouI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 rubbersouI
if you got 9 members disagreeing you can at least take a vote. if your group is 2 people disagreeing then your group isn't going to last long..
Giangio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Giangio
Member since 2003 • 11759 Posts
hahaha do you actually listen to the pillage hash?
hittin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#30 hittin
Member since 2005 • 26966 Posts

wu tang were great, but sometimes their rap was just too aggressive for me, some more variety would have been nice, but other than that they were great

murdamuzik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 murdamuzik
Member since 2005 • 6498 Posts

wu tang were great, but sometimes their rap was just too aggressive for me, some more variety would have been nice, but other than that they were great

hittin

you need to crawl out of that suburb from time to time boy.

TheBigTicket21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32 TheBigTicket21
Member since 2004 • 30875 Posts

As a collection of rappers, and their solo albums, sure Wu-Tang is #1. Unfortunately, they have only one classic group effort. When groups like De La Soul, The Roots, and A Tribe Called Quest are much better groups, and each have about 3 classic albums when the Wu only has the one.

1. The Roots
2. ATCQ
3. De La Soul
4. Wu-Tang

I mean you always hear people talk about the solo works of Dre, Ice Cube, and Eazy-E, but don't connect those to NWA?

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Toriko42

As a collection of rappers, and their solo albums, sure Wu-Tang is #1. Unfortunately, they have only one classic group effort. When groups like De La Soul, The Roots, and A Tribe Called Quest are much better groups, and each have about 3 classic albums when the Wu only has the one.

1. The Roots
2. ATCQ
3. De La Soul
4. Wu-Tang

I mean you always hear people talk about the solo works of Dre, Ice Cube, and Eazy-E, but don't connect those to NWA?

TheBigTicket21

Wu Tang Solo Albums are a special thing though since the whole group is on them in some regard...

When Ice Cube made a solo album he didn't have anyone from NWA...

When Q-Tip made The Renaissance, no one from ATCQ was on there...

Some of the solo albums are almost as much a group album as anything, OBFCL being a good example

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#34 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

One of the best groups ever, I dont know about the #1.

Top 10 no doubt.. here are some of my favorite groups.

- BDP

- Hieroglyphics

- Gang Starr

- Tribe Called Qued

- NWA

- 3X Krazy

- Wu Tang

- The Luniz

- Digital Underground

- The Coup

- De La Soul

- Living Legends

- Outkast

- Goodie Mob

- UGK

- Juice Crew

- The Mob Figgaz

-  RUN DMC

- The Roots

- Above The Law

- Boot Camp Click

- Comptons Most Wanted

- Getto Boyz

Could make a case for any of those groups imo.

Ive been listening to hiphop since 1987 and I cant just pick one group.

To be a great group its not just how many ****c albums you drop, its also other things.. here are what I consider to see if a group is one of the best or a great group...

1. Quality of group albums (ability to make the rapping good along with knowing how to pick great beats)

2. Live shows/stage presence

3.  Influence on hiphop and originality

4. Quality of Work that they each do with others

5. Longevity

Colt45fool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#35 Colt45fool
Member since 2003 • 79297 Posts

1. The Roots
2. ATCQ
3. De La Soul
4. Wu-Tang

TheBigTicket21
i think TBT makes a hell of a point.
Colt45fool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Colt45fool

Wu Tang is soooo overrated

Mkavanaugh77

co-sign...they're really a one trick pony when you think about it. no variety whatsoever.

albeit, they do what they do pretty well but honestly I get bored hearing about selling drugs, or kicking some dudes ass in 90% of their music. For the record, I've enjoyed Raekwon, and Ghostface's latest albums...even "8 Diagrams" was pretty solid.

IsThisIt_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 IsThisIt_basic
Member since 2002 • 27130 Posts
[QUOTE="Mkavanaugh77"]

Colt45fool

co-sign...they're really a one trick pony when you think about it. no variety whatsoever.

albeit, they do what they do pretty well but honestly I get bored hearing about selling drugs, or kicking some dudes ass in 90% of their music. For the record, I've enjoyed Raekwon, and Ghostface's latest albums...even "8 Diagrams" was pretty solid.

Exactly. Why the hell are people still getting excited about new Wu-Tang records in 2009? News flash: You already bought the record 15 ****ing years ago!

DeadQwon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DeadQwon
Member since 2008 • 594 Posts
Different strokes..
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Toriko42
[QUOTE="Colt45fool"][QUOTE="Mkavanaugh77"]

IsThisIt_basic

Exactly. Why the hell are people still getting excited about new Wu-Tang records in 2009? News flash: You already bought the record 15 ****ing years ago!

Who cares...

Good music is still good music. If it sounds pleasant and it's on point lyrically why wouldn't I get excited for it.

Lyrical content is important but you know what, I'd rather have an artist stick with what they know and rock it then move on to something totally different. Case and point, Ghostface's last album; Wizard of Poetry.

IsThisIt_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 IsThisIt_basic
[QUOTE="IsThisIt_basic"][QUOTE="Colt45fool"][QUOTE="Mkavanaugh77"]

Toriko42

Who cares...

Good music is still good music. If it sounds pleasant and it's on point lyrically why wouldn't I get excited for it.

Lyrical content is important but you know what, I'd rather have an artist stick with what they know and rock it then move on to something totally different. Case and point, Ghostface's last album; Wizard of Poetry.

I understand all this ... I'm not trying to hate on doing what you do good. Don't get me wrong; I'd love nothing more than for E-40 to go back to making records like he did in 94 or 2004. The problems here are:

1. Wu-Tang fans are notoriously some of the most close-minded fans in rap (look at just about any Wu-Tang fan here for proof of that).

and

2. I don't want someone telling me that a group who's catalogue consists, outside of Ghostface, of essentially 100 records of the same damn thing have the greatest catalogue in rap.

Colt45fool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Colt45fool
[QUOTE="IsThisIt_basic"][QUOTE="Colt45fool"][QUOTE="Mkavanaugh77"]

Toriko42

Who cares...

Well, let me say something about what I said earlier--the last Ghost album I liked was "Fishscale"...albeit, I've been meaning to get his last two discs [Big Doe Rehab which I have, and never really listened to, and that Wizard of Poetry album.]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Wizard of Poetry album like an R&B album? Tell me, when's the last time a rapper who put out an R&B-type disc had ANY love among hip hop heads? LL Cool J lost the interest of hip hop heads when he became a crossover R&B star, why wouldn't Ghostface? Also, I don't see how Ghostface's solo ventures have anything to do with Wu group albums. Like TBT said, they're two completely different things, and should be treated as such. Besdides, bringing up a Ghost solo album makes no sense, since Ghost more often than any of the other members has the most variety in his subject matter, with him rapping more for aesthetic purposes. 

IsThisIt_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 IsThisIt_basic
Exactly. I meant to get Ghostface out of the way earlier because I knew someone would go there; Ghostface is basically the exception to Wu-Tang's rule. One artist branching out doesn't equal a diverse group.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Toriko42
[QUOTE="Toriko42"][QUOTE="IsThisIt_basic"][QUOTE="Colt45fool"][QUOTE="Mkavanaugh77"]

Colt45fool

Who cares...

Well, let me say something about what I said earlier--the last Ghost album I liked was "Fishscale"...albeit, I've been meaning to get his last two discs [Big Doe Rehab which I have, and never really listened to, and that Wizard of Poetry album.]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Wizard of Poetry album like an R&B album? Tell me, when's the last time a rapper who put out an R&B-type disc had ANY love among hip hop heads? LL Cool J lost the interest of hip hop heads when he became a crossover R&B star, why wouldn't Ghostface? Also, I don't see how Ghostface's solo ventures have anything to do with Wu group albums. Like TBT said, they're two completely different things, and should be treated as such. Besdides, bringing up a Ghost solo album makes no sense, since Ghost more often than any of the other members has the most variety in his subject matter, with him rapping more for aesthetic purposes. 

I think when talking about Wu-Tang as a group you have to bring up the solo albums...Almost all their solo albums have each member of the Wu on them anyway and it became a point of the group to release a group album then a flood of solo albums...Other groups don't do that but Wu does and that's the point of the group especially back in the day when Rza always produced their work and they always had Wu guests with the occasional outsider.

As for Ghost, Fishscale is the last near-cIassic he made but I liked DOE Rehab. Wizard of Poetry had some bangers but it's not his caliber, at all. He could do better especially seeing how sick some of the tracks are.

Colt45fool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Colt45fool

So Bun B doesn't have Pimp C on his albums? Pharoahe Monch didn't have Prince Po? Andre 3000 won't be on a Big Boi solo album? You think members of the Roots wouldn't contribute to a Black Thought album? I know it's not to the extent of a Wu album, but give me a break.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Toriko42

I know it's not to the extent of a Wu album

Colt45fool

There you go

Is this basically what everyone's arguing, whether or not the solo albums count to the Wu's GOAT legacy :|

I never thought this was a point of contention 

HaSheeSh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 HaSheeSh_basic

Solo wu-tang albums are well....wu-tang albums, so those classic "solo" albums gets added to the total number of classic wu-tang albums (group or not). Look at Ironman for instance, almost every track has a wu-tang member guest appearances. So it's essentially a group wu-tang album with ghostface appearing on every track.

Same thing can be said about OB4CL with ghostface nearly everywhere, and guest appearances every 2 tracks or so, and so on and so forth for th rest of their classic albums.

Oh, and by critics, no hip-hop group had made an album that recieved an acclaim thats higher than Enter the Wu (36 Chambers)

-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts

They're definitely not my favorite...

I prefer Boot Camp Clik, Diggin' In The Crates, Gang Starr(If duo's count) De La Soul.....

NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 NetYankEagle
Member since 2007 • 11090 Posts
wu tang rapes all groups. I remember senior year bumping Da mystery of chessboxin to school every day.
NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 NetYankEagle
Member since 2007 • 11090 Posts
now that i start reading this thread what is this argument about? What im seeing is people are saying wu tang is not that great because the only good comes from each members solo album. If All member can pull out good solo albums with many guest appearences by all members how would that take away the "WU TANG" accomplishments?