kobegill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kobegill
Member since 2003 • 22231 Posts

Call it the reunion of the King of the South and Martin Louis the King Jr. The last time T.I. hooked up with Kanye West, the two made the undeniable hip-hop anthem "Swagger Like Us." And the pair recently took half a dozen more shots at making another cIassic. You can add the Louis Vuitton Don to the list of acclaimed producers to work on Tip's next LP, King Uncaged (due in September).

"I just left Hawaii with Kanye," Tip said last night in Hollywood on the red carpet for the world premiere of "Takers." "We did six records."

The King of the South recently told MTV News how excited he was about going in the lab with some other track emperors. "We got a few big, big, big sessions coming up next week: Timbaland, Swizz Beatz," T.I. revealed. "I'm trying to show up and show out every time."

By early July, the collaborations, at least the ones with Swizz Beatz, were done.

"What we just did is bigger than those," Swizz said over the Fourth of July weekend about the two new records he produced for Tip. "It's bigger than 'Swing Ya Rag,' it's bigger than all of those. We're growing as artists. That's one of the things I wanted to focus on with Tip, was: 'We did that already. We don't need to compete with nobody. You up there.' Everything we gotta do, we gotta stay leaders. That's how we got to where we at now. He gave me his OK on that. Gave me the clear lane. And we're gone. Trust me on that. The first joint, it's nice. Crazy! The second joint is taking the world over. It's a positive message, and I'll let him explain the rest of the story, because he would be glad to. [It's] very musical, but still with that swag in it."

TheHimura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 TheHimura
Member since 2005 • 9297 Posts
"Doin' My Job" is probably my favorite T.I./Kanye collabo. These could be pretty good.
Magna_Man109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Magna_Man109
Member since 2005 • 5527 Posts
So they're rapping on each of the six? Or is Kanye producing some and rapping?
KamMoye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 KamMoye
Member since 2009 • 375 Posts
over the july 4th weekend? LOL
IsThisIt_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 IsThisIt_basic
Member since 2002 • 27130 Posts

Not really a producer I want to hear on a TI album, especially when Grand Hustle has so many talented in-house producers. I'll take a Lil C track over Kanye any day.