elpooz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 elpooz
Member since 2005 • 5883 Posts

Listening now... will post thoughts later.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#2 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
Nas is stuck in the past I think. Some good cuts on the album but it sounds a bit dated to me. I think it's better than his last efforts though. I definitely like some of the material on here for sure and it's nice to see him talking about some interesting stuff for a change.

I think I need to go thru it a few more times though to finally decide but I don't think this album is gonna be in rotation for me in a week or two.
elpooz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 elpooz
Member since 2005 • 5883 Posts

No Introduction - Daughters is all dope.

Reach Out - You Wouldn't Understand is meh or garbage.

Back When - Bye Baby is all dope.

My conclusion, he shouldn't have had all those guest features and cheesy ass hooks. The album starts really strong and ends really strong but that **** in the middle... smh.

The bonus tracks (Nasty, The Black Bond, Roses, Where's the Love) are all good-great. I think I'm just going to make a playlist without the middle of the album and replace those missing tracks with the bonus tracks.

Overall, 7/10. Solid album, I just really can't **** with those 4 songs. Without those 4, this would have been one of the better albums of the year imo. It starts off with a really dope mafioso/old school feel and ends on some slightly heavier, emotionalish, but the middle is just a big pile of WTF :|.

Colt45fool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 Colt45fool
Member since 2003 • 79297 Posts

if pooz is saying 7/10 im thinking im gonna hate it when i cop it within the next week or so.

in the mean time, i think the schoolboy Q, waka flocka and Lil' B tapes will suffice as my favorites of the year in rap. 

GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 GodofBigMacs
Member since 2008 • 6440 Posts

No Introduction - Daughters is all dope.

Reach Out - You Wouldn't Understand is meh or garbage.

Back When - Bye Baby is all dope.

My conclusion, he shouldn't have had all those guest features and cheesy ass hooks. The album starts really strong and ends really strong but that **** in the middle... smh.

The bonus tracks (Nasty, The Black Bond, Roses, Where's the Love) are all good-great. I think I'm just going to make a playlist without the middle of the album and replace those missing tracks with the bonus tracks.

Overall, 7/10. Solid album, I just really can't **** with those 4 songs. Without those 4, this would have been one of the better albums of the year imo. It starts off with a really dope mafioso/old school feel and ends on some slightly heavier, emotionalish, but the middle is just a big pile of WTF :|.

elpooz
Really my thoughts exactly.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#6 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts

if pooz is saying 7/10 im thinking im gonna hate it when i cop it within the next week or so.

in the mean time, i think the schoolboy Q, waka flocka and Lil' B tapes will suffice as my favorites of the year in rap. 

Colt45fool
Glad you agree the ScHoolboy Q tape is one of the best of the year. Easily my favorite rap album so far.
Black-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 Black-Demon
Member since 2003 • 28177 Posts

The album is actually nice to me. I really enjoy Nas when he's off that preachy save-the-world BS and just raps.....only song the album I can't see myself not skipping ever is Summer on Smash. I don't see where Miguel's relevance mattered in the song

fat_rob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 fat_rob
Member since 2003 • 22624 Posts
Album is a 7 or 8 atm, prolly like a 6 like a year from now.
m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

Not too keen on Reach out and Summer on smash but the rest is crazy. Can't stop listening to Queen's story, Stay and Cherry wine.

Colt45fool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Colt45fool
Didn't like this record from Nas. It was average, but better than most things hes done recently...
Colt45fool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Colt45fool
[QUOTE="Colt45fool"]

Toriko42
Glad you agree the ScHoolboy Q tape is one of the best of the year. Easily my favorite rap album so far.

sadly its still mine...which is a shame. what a bad year for rap. i blame big krit for FLOPPING HARD
a_ratchet_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 a_ratchet_fan
Member since 2006 • 2207 Posts
[QUOTE="Toriko42"][QUOTE="Colt45fool"]

Colt45fool

sadly its still mine...which is a shame. what a bad year for rap. i blame big krit for FLOPPING HARD

If you ain't heard these already: Tree - Sunday School Tree - The Lit Young L - Enigma Theory Locksmith - Labyrinth You should.
Black-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 Black-Demon
Member since 2003 • 28177 Posts

Ivy League by Cyhi The Prynce is still my mixtape of the year so far. STOP SLEEPING ON HIM

Foolz3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15 Foolz3h
Member since 2006 • 23739 Posts

This album is horribly tedious. 

Some good songs here and there, but after Daughters ends as a whole it falls apart. Way too many sung choruses from that point on, and most of them either straight up suck, or don't fit with the song at all. 

Beats are better than they have been on his last few albums, but many of them don't seem to fit him.

Oh, and Daughters has got kinda repetative too. 

P.S. Rick Ross's verse on Accident Murderers is beautifully off topic lol.

P.P.S. Loco-Motive is dope, but do we really need Large Pro talking some BS on a track he's meant to be featured on? Spit a verse or STFU.

djwestwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 djwestwood
Member since 2005 • 1260 Posts
Loco-Motive is one of the best tracks from Nas since God's Son came out. The rest of the album isn't THAT special. With all the rave reviews I expected better replay value and more songs on Loco-Motive's level.