Zelda April Fools Opinion

• 76 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zerooslo7990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 zerooslo7990
Member since 2006 • 1222 Posts

First off, it is fake. I know it, and you should also know it. However... if the game did exist would you like it? Or would you prefer the more traditional zelda?

Discuss.

poo429

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 poo429
Member since 2005 • 600 Posts
while i prefer the diretion zelda is in now, i realy wouldent care
zerooslo7990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 zerooslo7990
Member since 2006 • 1222 Posts

The original video is here for those who haven't seen it.

http://wii.tv/

Avatar image for Legend_O_Dragon
Legend_O_Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Legend_O_Dragon
Member since 2004 • 7029 Posts
I know it fake, but I really like that idea. Except guns, and cars. Id like to see a desolite future world, broguht into darkness. Links enemys can have guns, but not for Link.
Avatar image for ClandestineZero
ClandestineZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ClandestineZero
Member since 2004 • 2477 Posts
Before TP even came out I had daydreamed about how Nintendo could break from the now-aging storyline basis for Zelda without making it not Zelda.  Changing the setting was my first inclination, and post-apocolypse is pretty interesting to a scifi fanatic like myself.  Honestly, I would've liked the change.  I'm almost disappointed that the only mention of it outside my imagination so far has been a petty April Fools joke.
wiiforever25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 wiiforever25
Member since 2007 • 433 Posts
does no one remember nintendo saying, the new zelda will completely change the series.
ClandestineZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ClandestineZero
does no one remember nintendo saying, the new zelda will completely change the series.wiiforever25

I believe the exact wording was closer to 'Twilight Princess will be the last Zelda game of its kind..."  Or something like that.  Yes, I do.  But this particular vid is quite fake.  Either that or a VERY poorly timed, poorly executed revelation.
Could it happen?  Holmes would have you believe anything is possible, however improbable.  Will it?  ...Not going there.  Most likely not, if I had to guess.
sk8ter33157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sk8ter33157
Member since 2003 • 3606 Posts

I would love it (minus the guns). Heres some thought I had about what it would be like. It would al be very Star Wars-y.

The picture-perfect modern (future) city of Elyrhue is built on the forgotten, ancient land of Hyrule. It's current people are oblivious to the fabled legends, gods, heroes, princess or triforce. It is ruled by the President and his daughter Zelda. A local archaelogical (sp?) tycoon named David Ganon has led a team of researchers to the nearby dessert after reports of "spirits" and other supernatural events are occuring. Ganon and his men dig up a small golden triangle from the ground. The artifact fuses with Ganon instantly and his men are transformed into beasts. "Memories" rush into Ganon's head and he sees images of his former being, the trifroce, the gods and a girl who looks like an ancient version of the presidents daughter...Zelda. When word spreads among government officials of some huge research prject the the site of the dig, the president demands Ganon report his findings. At this Ganon becomes flustered and enraged. He accidently triggers the power of the triforce killing the president. Ganon accuses a nearby citizen and is never accused of the crime. Realizing what great power this artifact wields, Ganon starts to have delusions of grandeur. It must be his destiny to manifest this power to rule...like the ancestors he saw. Zelda, who had saw the murder, hears Ganon talk about how she must play a part in his rise so she flees befroe he can find her.

Ganon uses his power to rule as dictator and rule the lives of the people. An averge college student named Link is thrown in jail for breaking curfew but overhears some idiot guards talking about rumors of where Ganon found his power. After he is let out of jail Link has dreams of this place he has heard about. Naturally, he heads there. Link finds nothing and is about to head home when he is suddenly struck unconcious. He wakes up in the past where a sage explains to him the legends. Gods, triforce, Zelda etc. He says that when a previous Link couldn't defeat Ganondorf the gods had no choice but to lock away the power of the triforce for good. Magic disappeared from the world and so did many of the various races. Now that the power is awaken people will start to revert to their previous races and magic will run wild in the current world. Link must find a girl named Zelda who will lead him to the remaining trifroce pieces. Link wakes up back in the future and starts his search fo Zelda, who is now hiding the the slums of the city as a theif.

ZinkOxide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ZinkOxide
Member since 2006 • 633 Posts
Nah.  The point of Zelda is that it's in this world enviroment with swords and magic.  A future game simply would not fit the feel of the series, especially not post-apocalyptic.  How would it fit with the rest?  It would have to take place thousands of years later than the others, and thus would have little relevance culture and story-wise.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f1dda6571ed7
deactivated-5f1dda6571ed7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#10 deactivated-5f1dda6571ed7
Member since 2005 • 1355 Posts

I would love it (minus the guns). Heres some thought I had about what it would be like. It would al be very Star Wars-y.

The picture-perfect modern (future) city of Elyrhue is built on the forgotten, ancient land of Hyrule. It's current people are oblivious to the fabled legends, gods, heroes, princess or triforce. It is ruled by the President and his daughter Zelda. A local archaelogical (sp?) tycoon named David Ganon has led a team of researchers to the nearby dessert after reports of "spirits" and other supernatural events are occuring. Ganon and his men dig up a small golden triangle from the ground. The artifact fuses with Ganon instantly and his men are transformed into beasts. "Memories" rush into Ganon's head and he sees images of his former being, the trifroce, the gods and a girl who looks like an ancient version of the presidents daughter...Zelda. When word spreads among government officials of some huge research prject the the site of the dig, the president demands Ganon report his findings. At this Ganon becomes flustered and enraged. He accidently triggers the power of the triforce killing the president. Ganon accuses a nearby citizen and is never accused of the crime. Realizing what great power this artifact wields, Ganon starts to have delusions of grandeur. It must be his destiny to manifest this power to rule...like the ancestors he saw. Zelda, who had saw the murder, hears Ganon talk about how she must play a part in his rise so she flees befroe he can find her.

Ganon uses his power to rule as dictator and rule the lives of the people. An averge college student named Link is thrown in jail for breaking curfew but overhears some idiot guards talking about rumors of where Ganon found his power. After he is let out of jail Link has dreams of this place he has heard about. Naturally, he heads there. Link finds nothing and is about to head home when he is suddenly struck unconcious. He wakes up in the past where a sage explains to him the legends. Gods, triforce, Zelda etc. He says that when a previous Link couldn't defeat Ganondorf the gods had no choice but to lock away the power of the triforce for good. Magic disappeared from the world and so did many of the various races. Now that the power is awaken people will start to revert to their previous races and magic will run wild in the current world. Link must find a girl named Zelda who will lead him to the remaining trifroce pieces. Link wakes up back in the future and starts his search fo Zelda, who is now hiding the the slums of the city as a theif.

sk8ter33157
way to much time on your hands, but i'm glad because i like
callmewaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 callmewaffle
Member since 2007 • 905 Posts
A good game is a good game, who cares what direction it takes, or whether it upsets people.
burfeindt21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 burfeindt21
Member since 2006 • 1720 Posts

The picture-perfect modern (future) city of Elyrhue is built on the forgotten, ancient land of Hyrule. It's current people are oblivious to the fabled legends, gods, heroes, princess or triforce. It is ruled by the President and his daughter Zelda. A local archaelogical (sp?) tycoon named David Ganon has led a team of researchers to the nearby dessert after reports of "spirits" and other supernatural events are occuring. Ganon and his men dig up a small golden triangle from the ground. The artifact fuses with Ganon instantly and his men are transformed into beasts. "Memories" rush into Ganon's head and he sees images of his former being, the trifroce, the gods and a girl who looks like an ancient version of the presidents daughter...Zelda. When word spreads among government officials of some huge research prject the the site of the dig, the president demands Ganon report his findings. At this Ganon becomes flustered and enraged. He accidently triggers the power of the triforce killing the president. Ganon accuses a nearby citizen and is never accused of the crime. Realizing what great power this artifact wields, Ganon starts to have delusions of grandeur. It must be his destiny to manifest this power to rule...like the ancestors he saw. Zelda, who had saw the murder, hears Ganon talk about how she must play a part in his rise so she flees befroe he can find her.

sk8ter33157
i like everything except for how link is introduced as a college kid
EnderofGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 EnderofGames
Member since 2007 • 92 Posts
If arrows became the guns, but swords stayed, I'd actually want to see it. Want, as in, I know it'd be cool.
angel_down_147

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 angel_down_147
Member since 2006 • 412 Posts
so thats fake right?
slgnbenchwarmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 slgnbenchwarmr
Member since 2007 • 615 Posts
Yeah, the college kid background seems like it was made up on the spot.
O_Rly_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 O_Rly_FTW
Member since 2005 • 2068 Posts
I would love it.
l8bitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 l8bitz
Member since 2004 • 3251 Posts
I'd play it. Awesomeness would be sure to follow.
IronManPP6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 IronManPP6
Member since 2006 • 360 Posts

This could be awsome actually, bow and arrows=guns

clawshot= Grapple beam(metroid)

Epona=Motor cycle

i think this is the direction zelda should take almost like Jak and Jak 2

another_star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 another_star
Member since 2004 • 1872 Posts

I know it fake, but I really like that idea. Except guns, and cars. Id like to see a desolite future world, broguht into darkness. Links enemys can have guns, but not for Link.Legend_O_Dragon

i like the concept.

but... its just not zelda...

but it's definately worth being a new ip.

angel_down_147

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 angel_down_147
Member since 2006 • 412 Posts
so the trailer is fake right????
gatrient

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gatrient
Member since 2005 • 236 Posts
[QUOTE="sk8ter33157"]

The picture-perfect modern (future) city of Elyrhue is built on the forgotten, ancient land of Hyrule. It's current people are oblivious to the fabled legends, gods, heroes, princess or triforce. It is ruled by the President and his daughter Zelda. A local archaelogical (sp?) tycoon named David Ganon has led a team of researchers to the nearby dessert after reports of "spirits" and other supernatural events are occuring. Ganon and his men dig up a small golden triangle from the ground. The artifact fuses with Ganon instantly and his men are transformed into beasts. "Memories" rush into Ganon's head and he sees images of his former being, the trifroce, the gods and a girl who looks like an ancient version of the presidents daughter...Zelda. When word spreads among government officials of some huge research prject the the site of the dig, the president demands Ganon report his findings. At this Ganon becomes flustered and enraged. He accidently triggers the power of the triforce killing the president. Ganon accuses a nearby citizen and is never accused of the crime. Realizing what great power this artifact wields, Ganon starts to have delusions of grandeur. It must be his destiny to manifest this power to rule...like the ancestors he saw. Zelda, who had saw the murder, hears Ganon talk about how she must play a part in his rise so she flees befroe he can find her.

burfeindt21
i like everything except for how link is introduced as a college kid

same here...in the trailer, i liked everything except for the guns, but as long as they aren't too dominant...i really liked this story, except for the college kid thing. the end of what you have, in particular, seems pretty interesting...
gatrient

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 gatrient
Member since 2005 • 236 Posts
I know it fake, but I really like that idea. Except guns, and cars. Id like to see a desolite future world, broguht into darkness. Links enemys can have guns, but not for Link.Legend_O_Dragon
by the way, Legend_of_Dragon, I really hate your signature. I just got off of my addiction. :(
tman978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 tman978
Member since 2003 • 2007 Posts
If they upgraded the Swords and made Link talk, I'd be all over that game. Makes me think of the JAK games though.
kayne2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 kayne2000
Member since 2004 • 5583 Posts
there is absolutely no reason the future cant have magic still being a dominent prescence. i think it could be cool the zelda story is in desperate need of an upgrade TP is proof of this. zelda games just need some new tricks.
gesi1223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 gesi1223
Member since 2004 • 2117 Posts
I'd say it'd be bad, with the guns and motocycles. It'd be stupid. Maybe if they changed the style but not to future, maybe something a bit different.
Avatar image for thegame27_basic
thegame27_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 thegame27_basic
Member since 2002 • 1980 Posts
Take out Zelda and make a new original stand alone game with that idea.  I would enjoy that.  I love the traditional Zelda.
Niebz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Niebz
Member since 2007 • 207 Posts

I hate the idea of a futuristic Zelda.  There's plenty of futuristic games on the market but there aren't many timeless c l a s s i c s with beautiful settings like Zelda (btw it really annoys me that you can't type  c l a s s i c s).   A motorcycle named Epona?  A gun toting, college student Link?  Come on people.  This is the lamest idea I have ever heard.  I'm saddened that people actually wish it were real.    

gesi1223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 gesi1223
Member since 2004 • 2117 Posts

This is the lamest idea I have ever heard. I'm saddened that people actually wish it were real.

Niebz
Agreed.
ironbrick52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ironbrick52
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Originally I thought that it would be horrible.

However now I'm growing to the idea. Yes I agree with the concept of no guns as that would make it not Zelda but it could work. Imagine riding on a motor bike with the master sword ELECTRIFIED... yeah...8)... slashing people/evil monsters.

I mean Ganon keeps on coming back so wouldn't he evantually come back in the future? That's what my timeline tells me...

So yeah... could work

paronga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#30 paronga
Member since 2003 • 469 Posts
It looks fake however it may be legitemate....Nintendo said it was taking a new direction on zelda...even if nintendo didnt make this videpo doesnt mean nintendo wont pinch some idea from it.....but to me it looks like it will just be another crackdown or futuristic GTA.....and i dont like the idea of a futuristic zelda anyways....they definitely need to change zelda but this is way too drastic.....weve already got a futuristic zelda....they called it metroid.....now lets have our medieval metroid back.....but change it!!......
Avatar image for clifftrapremove
clifftrapremove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 clifftrapremove
Member since 2004 • 825 Posts
While i love the zelda series i do want to see an evolution and change occurring. The same old (lack of) story is just getting a slight bit depressing now. That being said i would not want the story to hurt the gameplay.
Kojo222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Kojo222
Member since 2005 • 1301 Posts
While i love the zelda series i do want to see an evolution and change occurring. The same old (lack of) story is just getting a slight bit depressing now. That being said i would not want the story to hurt the gameplay. clifftrapremove
I love classic Hyrule, but playing another 3-D Zelda game in this setting really would just be tiresome. I don't want every Zelda to be the same. Can you imagine how easy and repetitve that would get. Though I had no problem with it, TP's map is still just an inverted version OoT's map(+snowpeak). Since Zelda's timeline is so ambiguous (Nintendo doesn't have to recognize the GT.com version) it'd be interesting to see something new like this. I'm not scared of a futuristic It wouldn't be bad because it's Nintendo, and the developers would put the story and gameplay above anything else. They'll never take away the Triforce, or the Master Sword, or other essentials. If it doesn't work, they can just go back to the old one; that's the kind of franchise Zelda is. It's too important not to put everything they have into it, but it's also something that can be experimented with.
Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

I still think the enxt one should be another time travel one... only this time, instead of going around 10 years into the future, link will hav eto travell through many ages and eons to defeat ganon who has found a way to help ganon's of other times break free.

You can be link, medevil times, to start, and as you make your way around to the first temple, you then get ahold of the ocarina (or some object for time travel) and you ahve to travel back and forth between 5-10 time frames from back in the dino days to 1000 years into the future.  This would give a great perspective on teh zelda universe as it ages through time.  You would hav eto help link of different games without them knowing about you, make changes to the past that have serious consequencial changes to future eras. 

The storyline would be that you were in the past and coundt stop a certain event from occuring that enevtiably caused the extinction of one of the races of hyrule that in the future were the only race that could have helped to stop ganon.  and your goal is to manipulate the timelines to find a way to recover that extinct race and stop ganon once and for all...

No guns of course, but spells that can repell bullets and other future weapon.  I think if they finess it properly they can keep a good zelda feel to it.  The future scenes would not have to be super high tech like our future, but futuristic for Hyrule.

mario_bros_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 mario_bros_
Member since 2007 • 215 Posts
i'd play it, the game did look interesting and it would be an adverture to play.
wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
I would not mind a futuristic Zelda but no guns, stick with swords and stuff.
ozzsoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ozzsoad
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts
It wouldn't work. Why? Because Hyrule is underwater in the future!
andrewkozis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#37 andrewkozis
Member since 2005 • 3336 Posts
i would love it, the guns take it a bit too far thou
Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

No, at the end of WW the water came down to fill hyrule, which really anything could happen after that.. a meteor hits and evaporates 90% of the water, or ganon gets thursty...

SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts
I can't believe anybody (that is a fan) would want Zelda to change to a futuristic version of its self.  Zelda has always been a classic fantasy adventure and if it was in a fantasy sci-fi setting it just wouldn't feel like the same game.  I would rather never play another Zelda if I was that bored with the series I thought it needed this doing to it, why change a franchise until it is unrecogniseable when you could always try a new IP, something Nintendo are recently working towards.
ClandestineZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ClandestineZero
I can't believe anybody (that is a fan) would want Zelda to change to a futuristic version of its self.  Zelda has always been a classic fantasy adventure and if it was in a fantasy sci-fi setting it just wouldn't feel like the same game.  I would rather never play another Zelda if I was that bored with the series I thought it needed this doing to it, why change a franchise until it is unrecogniseable when you could always try a new IP, something Nintendo are recently working towards.csliney

It always bothers me when self-proclaimed 'fans' determine that a series should stagnate and die rather than change.  Best example I know of is Battlestar Galactica.  Fans of the original called it GINA - Galactica in Name Only.  Everyone else agrees it's one of the best shows on TV, but for the 'fans' of the series, it's nothing.  Limited scope of vision:  That's what I call it.
rond5566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#42 rond5566
Member since 2004 • 601 Posts
Yes, I would enjoy it.  The "Ocarina" games bore me, and I definitely think the series needs a new direction.  This would be a great way to go
hamstergeddon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 hamstergeddon
Member since 2006 • 7188 Posts
I would like to see all the main characters: Link, Zelda and Gannondorf still use their traditional weapons (maybe futurized), but minions, temples etc. would be high tech. Of course this would never happen. Remember the uproar the Zelda fans had with the change in Zelda WW's graphix? Nintendo would never attempt such a big change. If anything like this ever happened, expect an offshoot series
rond5566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#44 rond5566
Member since 2004 • 601 Posts
I dunno. A lot of Japanese fans turned their back on the series after Wind Waker. I think the Final Fantasy touch would actually lure those lost fans back...whichever ones Twilight Princess didn't lure back.
Kojo222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Kojo222
Member since 2005 • 1301 Posts
[QUOTE="csliney"]I can't believe anybody (that is a fan) would want Zelda to change to a futuristic version of its self. Zelda has always been a classic fantasy adventure and if it was in a fantasy sci-fi setting it just wouldn't feel like the same game. I would rather never play another Zelda if I was that bored with the series I thought it needed this doing to it, why change a franchise until it is unrecogniseable when you could always try a new IP, something Nintendo are recently working towards.ClandestineZero

It always bothers me when self-proclaimed 'fans' determine that a series should stagnate and die rather than change. Best example I know of is Battlestar Galactica. Fans of the original called it GINA - Galactica in Name Only. Everyone else agrees it's one of the best shows on TV, but for the 'fans' of the series, it's nothing. Limited scope of vision: That's what I call it.

::applause::
kazekage1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 kazekage1234
Member since 2007 • 1351 Posts
i think zelda would be cooler if it had a ff7 feel to it (not battles like ff7:|) or maybe a remake of ff7 for wii instead of the dumb psp:twisted:
jorgeluisbl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 jorgeluisbl
Member since 2005 • 1479 Posts
Wow that looks sooo coooool, I would love a game like that!!!
TravisM64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 TravisM64
Member since 2007 • 142 Posts
This is Nintendo's problem and overall weakness, they try and take their grade A franchise names and make them different and new. It would be easier to just make an all new franchise or game, starting from the groundup, instead of making fanboys upset and giving them all these changes, why not start fresh, if this is actually legit.
Cdn_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Cdn_Gamer
Member since 2007 • 72 Posts
this would be pretty **** sick if they make it, better then the original peter pan games(not sayin there not good) but this would be a better step if not an april fools joke. serious imagine doin that **** on the wii. pretty amazing.
TravisM64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 TravisM64
Member since 2007 • 142 Posts
Yea this better be a joke, or what's next? METROID IN THE RENAISSANCE?