Your thoughts of Sonic in Brawl. Cool pics.

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Eagles931

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Eagles931
Member since 2006 • 2136 Posts

Sonic would make a great edition to Brawl. Just look at him.

Sonic as seen in Sonic and the Secret Rings.

And his final smash could be Super SonicSuper Sonic as seen in Sonic the Hedgehog

That would be pretty cool if you think about it. What do you think. Post who you think should get the nod in Brawl. Post a pic of ur character choice and post why he should be in brawl

RamboSymbiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 RamboSymbiot
Member since 2007 • 6302 Posts
Sonics not in brawl?:cry:
anolecrabcf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 anolecrabcf
Member since 2005 • 658 Posts
Yes Sonic should be in Brawl because he's blue, not a lot of blue characters in Smash Bros.
TigerFangRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 TigerFangRed
Member since 2005 • 1928 Posts
Yes Sonic should be in Brawl because he's blue, not a lot of blue characters in Smash Bros.anolecrabcf
lol...good reason. But yea, I want Sonic in Brawl too...if only just to experiment with him(my main character at this point is looking to be either metaknight or pit)
Avatar image for SmashBrosLegend
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 SmashBrosLegend
Member since 2006 • 11344 Posts
I'd like Sonic to show up as well.
Avatar image for EndlessPunisher
EndlessPunisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 EndlessPunisher
Member since 2005 • 1390 Posts
I dun think putting sonic in brawl is a good idea, nor do I want him in it, but then again im one of those few people who think so.
Eagles931

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Eagles931
Sonic would be great. i mean i think he is a more nintendo character then sega anyway.
merch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#8 merch
Member since 2005 • 4235 Posts
sega is more towards nintendo now actually alot of sonic games on nintendo systems im sure he will make a apperiance on the brawl site day before e3 or during nintendos press conference they will demo it and show a new trailer with all the characters in it or something like that.
Linkthedueler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Linkthedueler
Member since 2003 • 4389 Posts
At first it sounded real cool but now i think that it wouldn't be so cool...he's just sonic and i don't think he'd fit well in brawl. Plus "Video game magazine IGN interviewed Nintendo Europe marketing director Laurent Fischer and asked if Sonic will be appearing in Brawl. Fischer's response was, "That's not on the cards at the moment." [27]" i got that frm wikipedia. Idk what that really means tho...
liljio14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#10 liljio14
Member since 2007 • 2193 Posts
it not confrmed yet but one of the most request characters
Eagles931

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Eagles931
Yeah If he is a requested character they have to add him or people won't buy Brawl. I would buy Brawl if Sonic was in it or not though
merch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#12 merch
Member since 2005 • 4235 Posts
personaly i would like knuckles in the game he can glide punch if sonic does appear there better be some knuckles in there too.
Eagles931

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Eagles931
By my avatar you can tell I am a Knuckles fan but even though I am a fan I just couldnt picture knuckles in the game period.
KAL_MAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 KAL_MAN
Member since 2007 • 454 Posts

Yes Sonic should be in Brawl because he's blue, not a lot of blue characters in Smash Bros.anolecrabcf

that's your reason why u want sonic in brawl?... cuz he's blue? I'd put him in there cuz he kicks mario's ass.

Footballteen58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 Footballteen58
Member since 2005 • 802 Posts
I think Knuckles would be the perfect sonic character to put in brawl cause of his great punching and gliding abilities i just dont get how sonic would fight.
Pit_of_Icarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Pit_of_Icarus
Member since 2007 • 93 Posts
Sonic would be great. i mean i think he is a more nintendo character then sega anyway.Eagles931
How is he more of a Nintendo character?
Avatar image for EndlessPunisher
EndlessPunisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 EndlessPunisher
Member since 2005 • 1390 Posts
Yeah If he is a requested character they have to add him or people won't buy Brawl. I would buy Brawl if Sonic was in it or not thoughEagles931
Im sorry to say but thats the dumbest reason why no one would buy brawl... Who cares if a blue hedgehog isnt in the game its not going to make abit of difference in the game... for people who dont buy it because of sonic I really pity you.
liljio14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 liljio14

By my avatar you can tell I am a Knuckles fan but even though I am a fan I just couldnt picture knuckles in the game period.Eagles931

my avatar you can tell wat character i like the most jk i just the pic

wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
I like the idea of Super Sonic as his final smash I kinda forgot about Super Sonic.
cyprus646

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#20 cyprus646
Member since 2004 • 4070 Posts
I dont know why so many people want sonic in brawl :? He's a lame chracter that should of died with the flopcast Fox mcloud is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY cooler.
Mario-Luige

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

#21 Mario-Luige
Member since 2006 • 199 Posts

Even if sonic is in Brawl he will probably be unlockable so nintendo probably won't announce him on the site or at E3. You will all have to be patient and just wait for the game to come out itself.

PenguinGod19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 PenguinGod19
Member since 2004 • 1895 Posts
I think if Sonic was in Brawl I would have to go out and purchase a Wii. I have always liked the sonic games more then mario, dont get me wrong I love mario games, but I have always wanted to experience the lengendary battle between Sonic and Mario. It would be a childhood dream come true.
icarus212001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 icarus212001
Member since 2007 • 2744 Posts
I am sick and tired of people asking about putting Sonic in Brawl. Its a stupid and idiotic idea that should be put to rest. First off, Sonic is NOT a nintendo character, nor will he ever be, which is something that everyone on these forums seem to forget when thinking about the cast of an ALL-NINTENDO EXCLUSIVE fighting game. Second, Sonic is not fit to be placed in a fighting game of Super Smash Bros status. What are supposed to do with him? Homing attack ppl to death!? This is why it was a stupid idea for Hideo Kojima to whine and moan for them to put Snake in the game, because that kills the ecsense of what super smash bros is really about. This is why game developers dont listen to otakus or fanboys because a majority of the things you guys moan about is irrationally and goes against what they want to do to continue a franchise that was successful because of what they do to it, not you. So please, no more sonic threads. He's not going in brawl. He's a lame character. He hasnt been in a good game in over a decade. The only good thing that came out of Sonic was the fact that he made people realize how much better theMario games were.Get over it. Its annoying.
liljio14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 liljio14

I think if Sonic was in Brawl I would have to go out and purchase a Wii. I have always liked the sonic games more then mario, dont get me wrong I love mario games, but I have always wanted to experience the lengendary battle between Sonic and Mario. It would be a childhood dream come true.PenguinGod19

that true but strong move sonic going to have

Eagles931

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Eagles931

I am sick and tired of people asking about putting Sonic in Brawl. Its a stupid and idiotic idea that should be put to rest. First off, Sonic is NOT a nintendo character, nor will he ever be, which is something that everyone on these forums seem to forget when thinking about the cast of an ALL-NINTENDO EXCLUSIVE fighting game. Second, Sonic is not fit to be placed in a fighting game of Super Smash Bros status. What are supposed to do with him? Homing attack ppl to death!? This is why it was a stupid idea for Hideo Kojima to whine and moan for them to put Snake in the game, because that kills the ecsense of what super smash bros is really about. This is why game developers dont listen to otakus or fanboys because a majority of the things you guys moan about is irrationally and goes against what they want to do to continue a franchise that was successful because of what they do to it, not you. So please, no more sonic threads. He's not going in brawl. He's a lame character. He hasnt been in a good game in over a decade. The only good thing that came out of Sonic was the fact that he made people realize how much better theMario games were.Get over it. Its annoying. icarus212001

You must not get What I said on the first page. IF PEOPLE WANT A CHARACTER IN A GAME THE DEVELOPERS WILL PUT THE CHARACTER IN THE GAME. SIMPLE AS THAT. Sonic is the most anticipated Brawl canidate and if Sega has enough time to change Sonic Wildfire to Sonic and the Secret rings, they should put sonic in the game. Also Mario and sonic will be in games together, Does the olimpic games ring a bell? Nintendo loves sonic and they want to get Sonic involved in more Nintendo games, so i think you need to do some research on the whole sonic brawl thing.

vnc20100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 vnc20100
Member since 2007 • 1685 Posts

I am sick and tired of people asking about putting Sonic in Brawl. Its a stupid and idiotic idea that should be put to rest. First off, Sonic is NOT a nintendo character, nor will he ever be, which is something that everyone on these forums seem to forget when thinking about the cast of an ALL-NINTENDO EXCLUSIVE fighting game. Second, Sonic is not fit to be placed in a fighting game of Super Smash Bros status. What are supposed to do with him? Homing attack ppl to death!? This is why it was a stupid idea for Hideo Kojima to whine and moan for them to put Snake in the game, because that kills the ecsense of what super smash bros is really about. This is why game developers dont listen to otakus or fanboys because a majority of the things you guys moan about is irrationally and goes against what they want to do to continue a franchise that was successful because of what they do to it, not you. So please, no more sonic threads. He's not going in brawl. He's a lame character. He hasnt been in a good game in over a decade. The only good thing that came out of Sonic was the fact that he made people realize how much better theMario games were.Get over it. Its annoying. icarus212001

Quick everyone, he's sick and tired, we must listen to him or else. Seriously man, get a life. People that get mad for video games have some serious problems. Not because you don't like something that makes it automatically right. I think snake in Brawl is cool, and Sakurai stated that other 3rd parties characters were coming. So sonic is a possibility.

Eagles931

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Eagles931
I will use Snake in brawl, and if sonic is in i'll use him too
icarus212001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 icarus212001

[QUOTE="icarus212001"]I am sick and tired of people asking about putting Sonic in Brawl. Its a stupid and idiotic idea that should be put to rest. First off, Sonic is NOT a nintendo character, nor will he ever be, which is something that everyone on these forums seem to forget when thinking about the cast of an ALL-NINTENDO EXCLUSIVE fighting game. Second, Sonic is not fit to be placed in a fighting game of Super Smash Bros status. What are supposed to do with him? Homing attack ppl to death!? This is why it was a stupid idea for Hideo Kojima to whine and moan for them to put Snake in the game, because that kills the ecsense of what super smash bros is really about. This is why game developers dont listen to otakus or fanboys because a majority of the things you guys moan about is irrationally and goes against what they want to do to continue a franchise that was successful because of what they do to it, not you. So please, no more sonic threads. He's not going in brawl. He's a lame character. He hasnt been in a good game in over a decade. The only good thing that came out of Sonic was the fact that he made people realize how much better theMario games were.Get over it. Its annoying. Eagles931

You must not get What I said on the first page. IF PEOPLE WANT A CHARACTER IN A GAME THE DEVELOPERS WILL PUT THE CHARACTER IN THE GAME. SIMPLE AS THAT. Sonic is the most anticipated Brawl canidate and if Sega has enough time to change Sonic Wildfire to Sonic and the Secret rings, they should put sonic in the game. Also Mario and sonic will be in games together, Does the olimpic games ring a bell? Nintendo loves sonic and they want to get Sonic involved in more Nintendo games, so i think you need to do some research on the whole sonic brawl thing.

I understand that. However, u fail to realize that placing sonic in smash bros would kill the very thing that smash bros stood for. Thats why adding snake in it was a bad idea. If u wanna make a separate game involving random charatcers, be my guest, just not in smash bros, thats all. (btw, i do have a life, hell i even have a gf and she agrees with me.) Its like putting megaman in metroid cuz ppl thought it'd be cool. lmao...although...lol

icarus212001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 icarus212001

i read in an article that said that snake is the only 3rd party character coming to ssbb (if not...might as well be megaman or zero...at least the have a more varied attack list. sonic only has that homing attack. kinda lame)

Naruto2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Naruto2002
Member since 2007 • 266 Posts
That would be cool to have Sonic in Brawl.And I also think that would be awsome to transform into Super Sonic for Sonics final smash.
Exxelerator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Exxelerator
Member since 2005 • 826 Posts
Adding Snake to smash was a brilliant idea, it attracts more gamers (especially mgs fans). If you dont like him they DONT PICK HIM, simple as that. Back on topic Sonic is a pretty good possibility cuz of that Olympics games hes doing with mario, that tells us that sonic CAN appear in a game with mario in it.
Keenzach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Keenzach
Member since 2006 • 1210 Posts
I think sonic is a better idea than snake is because there are more metal geer solids for playstation from what I see
Keenzach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Keenzach
Member since 2006 • 1210 Posts
however i do see what icaris is saying about ruining what it stands for and what would sonic do anyway all he does is runs and does that dash attack
Avatar image for ColonialMustard
ColonialMustard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ColonialMustard
Member since 2006 • 318 Posts
I just don't like the whinny voice they gave sonic. Didn't he sound cooler in the old cartoon? I can't remember...
geardawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 geardawg
Member since 2006 • 736 Posts

Spoiler alert...

Sonic is in brawl, and so is Knuckles. I've seen the whole unlocked thing. no word on Shadow yet...

GoldMine516

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 GoldMine516
Member since 2007 • 44 Posts
ii didnt knowthis washere until now ,i was thinking about this yesterday and i think they should put him in and the version of super paper mario
GoldMine516

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 GoldMine516
Member since 2007 • 44 Posts
DDD my bad i didnt read the last post b4 me
Chameleon93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Chameleon93
Member since 2007 • 124 Posts
Sonic would be great addition to the Super Smash Bros. series, but his bad reputation really won't make him a favorable character.
ugotplayed64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ugotplayed64
Member since 2003 • 382 Posts

I think if Sonic was in Brawl I would have to go out and purchase a Wii. I have always liked the sonic games more then mario, dont get me wrong I love mario games, but I have always wanted to experience the lengendary battle between Sonic and Mario. It would be a childhood dream come true.PenguinGod19

what lol you like sonic more than mario??? are you ok??? sonic has no depth to at all, infact the past couple games have been horrible.

-Shockey-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 -Shockey-
Member since 2007 • 109 Posts

Yeah If he is a requested character they have to add him or people won't buy Brawl. I would buy Brawl if Sonic was in it or not thoughEagles931
I doubt very much that anyone will decide against buying this game because some character they liked was excluded.

Personally, I don't want to see any more non-Nintendo characters. I think Snake is enough; there are plenty of Nintendo characters out there to fill up this game and there is really no justification in adding Sonic or Sam Fischer or Bomberman or whomever else you can think of.

JayGonDS89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 JayGonDS89
Member since 2005 • 959 Posts

sega is more towards nintendo now actually alot of sonic games on nintendo systems im sure he will make a apperiance on the brawl site day before e3 or during nintendos press conference they will demo it and show a new trailer with all the characters in it or something like that.merch

yeah, hopefully they show a new trailer at e3 showing sonic or a new 3rd party character!!

TPfan222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 TPfan222
Member since 2006 • 434 Posts

If he does, I hope he won't go too fast and run off edges

emery_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 emery_24
Member since 2005 • 100 Posts

Your actually frightening me a little... but I have to admit the SSBB roster shouldn't be filled up with too many 'non'-nintendo characters. but Snake imo is a great addition to the game.

Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts
Sonic could be in Brawl, I don't see why not. So he may not be a first-party Nintendo character,but it hasn't stopped Nintendo from accepting the offer of Snake to be in Brawl. Sonic can easily be given a good set of moves. How do you think all the characters got their move sets? The developers had to think of what kind of moves the characters would use, and I don't see why Sonic wouldn't be able to have his own moves thatgive himthe Super Smash Bros. fighting style.
DrCLos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DrCLos
Member since 2006 • 1091 Posts

I think Sonic and Knuckles would be great additions to the game. Sonic could have dash moves and would be a little faster while Knuckles could glide and have great punch moves and be a little stronger.

They could have great levels with maybe Angel Island and the Death Egg. They could play maybe some of those level music medleys they have at the end of the older Sonic games but updated by the great composers working on the game.

These are such great ideas that it will never happen :P

Avatar image for ChinoJamesKeene
ChinoJamesKeene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ChinoJamesKeene
Member since 2003 • 1201 Posts

Snake in brawl is the most out there adddition i can think of, the amount ofviolent mario vs sonic comics out there should be enough to at least consider the rivalry in brawl.

But knowing Nintendo they will ommit him just to bitterly dissapoint poeple.

yonnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 yonnex
Member since 2006 • 1265 Posts
Yes sonic should be in it, Finally sonic vs mario will be complete.
HDShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 HDShadow
Member since 2005 • 2241 Posts
Yes, just think: A- Punch A- Smash punch B- Spin Dash B- Ring toss (He throws rings straight ahead of him) B Up- Homing Attack in a 45 degree angle as a 3rd jump B Down- All 7 chaos emeralds circle him to reflect projectiles
Kuhu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Kuhu
Member since 2004 • 2845 Posts

I think Sonic and Knuckles would be great additions to the game. Sonic could have dash moves and would be a little faster while Knuckles could glide and have great punch moves and be a little stronger.

They could have great levels with maybe Angel Island and the Death Egg. They could play maybe some of those level music medleys they have at the end of the older Sonic games but updated by the great composers working on the game.

These are such great ideas that it will never happen :P

DrCLos

Now wouldn't that be neat-o. If Sonic was in it then I would love to have a event mission (like the 51 in SSBM) fighting either super metal sonic or the giant robot in the death egg in Sonic the hedgehog 3. It could play the doomsday level and everything, it would be epic :).

daqua_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 daqua_99
Member since 2005 • 11170 Posts
I would love to have Sonic in Brawl ... I mean, it only seems natural that character like him be in .... but also include Knuckles and Tails as well ...