Your Favorite Wii Game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 psychobrew
Member since 2008 • 8888 Posts

Mine is, without a doubt, the Metroid Prime Trillogy (why didn't you guys tell me how good it was before :P).

I didn't think I'd like it because I didn't understand what Metroid Prime 3 was about when I played my brother's copy before. The only reason I bought it was I needed a second game for a buy one get one half off deal when I bought Little King's Story, and I almost bought something else instead. Little King's Story is not getting much play time right now and to be honest, I'm not too thrilled with the game but it was worth the expense for discovering the Trillogy. I'm actually glad it happened this way -- I most likely would already have MP3 if knew then what I know now, but since I didn't the Trillogy is that much better. By far the best experience I've had on the Wii so far.

Edit: Added a poll because I haven't experienced the joy yet and it will be easier to see what everybody likes. Although the poll isn't very specific, just select the category your favorite game falls in.

TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 TaMuK711
Member since 2009 • 3367 Posts

Mine is, without a doubt, the Metroid Prime Trillogy (why didn't you guys tell me how good it was before :P).

I didn't think I'd like it because I didn't understand what Metroid Prime 3 was about when I played my brother's copy before. The only reason I bought it was I needed a second game for a buy one get one half off deal when I bought Little King's Story, and I almost bought something else instead. Little King's Story is not getting much play time right now and to be honest, I'm not too thrilled with the game but it was worth the expense for discovering the Trillogy. I'm actually glad it happened this way -- I most likely would already have MP3 if knew then what I know now, but since I didn't the Trillogy is that much better. By far the best experience I've had on the Wii so far.

psychobrew

Same, it is truly an experience, especially since I missed out on the first two last gen, and held off on the third because I hate playing series out of order.

DeeDeeDee-er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 DeeDeeDee-er
Member since 2006 • 1067 Posts

Little King's Story.

Give the game more time, some people think it's a slow starter. You'll definitely get into it. But definitely finish the Metroid Prime series first if you're already into it because Metroid Prime is second only to Legend of Zelda in my opinions of series.

TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TaMuK711
Member since 2009 • 3367 Posts

Little King's Story.

Give the game more time, some people think it's a slow starter. You'll definitely get into it. But definitely finish the Metroid Prime series first if you're already into it because Metroid Prime is second only to Legend of Zelda in my opinions of series.

DeeDeeDee-er

Woah really? dang I need to finish the first and get onto the 2nd and third already... stupid school getting in the way of fun..

zeldaluff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 zeldaluff
Member since 2008 • 3387 Posts

I'd really like to get the Metroid Prime Trilogy soon. As soon as I save up enough....

Anyways, my favourite game is a tie between No More Heroes and Twilight Princess.

Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts

psychobrew

LOL, why did you think so many people were excited about this compilation, even if they were older games. I believed you were given a fair enough "warning," but I'm glad that you're enjoying the games right now. It's definitely that awesome of a deal.

To be honest, I'm not the least bit surprised the Trilogy is getting this kind of positive reaction from new players, and I hope that this will get the attention from gamers that the series has deserved all of this time. I'm proud to say that I've owned all three games before this was released, but I do kinda envy those who have picked up MPT and is experiencing the superb atmosphere and gameplay all over again or even for the first time. Few gaming series can deliver such bliss.

As for LKS, I had similiar feelings towards it when I rented it. Like your offer with purchasing the games, I rented LKS along with a game I'd played before, and I found myself playing the latter game far more than I played LKS. Not that I couldn't see what many found appealing with the game; I just wasn't able to feel that same joy from a gameplaying perspective. I loved the game's charm, but it wasn't enough to keep me hooked to it. That said, I've told myself I'll give it a second chance in due time (not to worry DeeDeeDee-er). Wish I had the $30 this Saturday to take advantage of Amazon's offer, but sadly, that wasn't the case.

Anyways, it seems as though I didn't get to the main topic of this thread. My answer is still Super Mario Galaxy for reasons I've mentioned a few times before (and add one more game completion to that list since the last time I replied to such a thread), but I did want to share my thoughts on the other games this time around. Once again, it's nice to see MPT get some love. :)

Avatar image for garrett_duffman
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 garrett_duffman
Member since 2004 • 10684 Posts
Metroid Prime Trilogy. beat MP1 in just north of 10 hours, which is ridiculous since when i had it for gamecube, i never beat it and i had to have had at least 20 hours into that game.
Wrecked69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

#8 Wrecked69
Member since 2008 • 869 Posts
Twilight Princess, will only be trumped by the upcoming Zelda Wii.
tommyc555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#9 tommyc555
Member since 2009 • 118 Posts

Metroid Prime Trilogy is awesome, but my favorite Wii game is Zelda Twilight Princess.

Jelley0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Jelley0
Member since 2009 • 1867 Posts

Ssbb

Avatar image for Wolfman_chopper
Wolfman_chopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Wolfman_chopper
Member since 2008 • 19937 Posts

mines Zelda Twilight Princess.

AntonSaidWhat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 AntonSaidWhat
Member since 2009 • 277 Posts
Zelda and Mario all the way.
Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

Mine will probably be Punch-Out!! untill Pikmin 3 is released.

ganga_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 ganga_
Member since 2007 • 790 Posts
PES 2009 because it has outstanding controls
redfield_137

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 redfield_137
Member since 2005 • 2269 Posts

Probably Punch Out

virus10000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 virus10000
Member since 2009 • 45 Posts

Super Mario Galaxy

Conduit_802

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Conduit_802
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I think my favorite wii game would have to be ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...................................... The Conduit only because I thought the storyline was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
--Thomas--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 --Thomas--
Member since 2009 • 920 Posts

Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility is the best Wii game. Yes, better than Zelda. Zelda and Mario are of course great games too, but nothing beats the Harvest Moon series.

Avatar image for originalnintend
originalnintend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 originalnintend
This might sound strange but Wario Ware followed by Smash Bros. Brawl. Gotta love a beat em' up game with all your Nintendo favorites.
alberto1128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 alberto1128
Member since 2009 • 1229 Posts

Twilight Princess

CoralMark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 CoralMark
Member since 2008 • 481 Posts

PES 2009 ... great single player depth, great 2 player.

SMG comes in a close second.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#22 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

i have alot of fav wii games so i do a top 10

10 -driver paralell lines it is still an amazing game

9 -csi hard evidence its somthing different

8 red steel

7 no more heroes-it was and still is a great gta style beat em up like the sword and stuff

6 this is a gc game but i use it stil so -timesplitters 3

5 mario galaxy -just awsome

4 mario kart wii the best mariokart it has more tracks then any mariokart besides ds and gba

3 bully se another great gta style game

2 zelda tp from what i played i enjoyedi tre

1 this game is so fun , to me any way its trivial pursuit , close runner up =metroid prime 3 dead rising re1 re4 like i said i have lots of favs

Goomba_Lord37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Goomba_Lord37
Member since 2008 • 5381 Posts

Either Metroid Prime Trilogy or Punch Out.

sonictheblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sonictheblue
Zelda and crossbow training
SupahShnipa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SupahShnipa
Member since 2009 • 1726 Posts

Star Wars:The Force Unleased is my Favourite Wii game ATM, I want a sequel with M+ Support.