You can only have a limited amount of VC games...

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dragon_Rebel05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Dragon_Rebel05
Member since 2007 • 132 Posts
..I was gonna post this as a message in my other topic but it was locked..you can only have a limited amount of VC games..like 30-something. Then your channels are all filled up because they give you a limited amount of channels. How do they expect to sell all the VC games to everyone when they can only get a limited amount?
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 bob_newman
Member since 2006 • 8133 Posts

You can delete and redownload any VC game you want, for free, as long as you already bought it.

There is no reason for anyone to have 30 games on their Wii at one time. I can't even get through 5 different games a day, why would I need 30?

If anyone needs to play more than 30 games a day, they have A.D.D.

Dragon_Rebel05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Dragon_Rebel05
I know all that but I like having all my games displayed on the list.
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 bob_newman

Well that's pretty superficial, wouldn't you say?

Besides, all you need to do is click on the Wii Shop Channel and see your games, all right there in "Titles You've Downloaded".

It's just one click away...or 2.

Dragon_Rebel05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Dragon_Rebel05
The bad thing is is that if you end up buying a crappy game on VC, you're stuck with it. You can't sell it or anything. All my games are pretty decent to me..you just have to be careful and think about it before you buy it.
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bob_newman
There are a lot of websites you can go to that have VC reviews, and you can always go to the recommendation thread at the top of the forum and ask some other people what games you should get. So, unless you're being really careless (as in, just randomly choosing a game without looking into it), you won't buy a crappy game.
alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 alexh_99
Member since 2007 • 5378 Posts

Also. There is no way to fill the 30 screens full of VC games. You will run out of memory before you get there.

Unless you buy all NES games

Dragon_Rebel05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Dragon_Rebel05
When you delete the game off the channel list, does it also clear the memory blocks back up?
ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
You could also manually write down - yea, it sucks - each title you own or register your Wii online and know exactly which games you've downloaded. I still think a VC channel would be the best thing, but what's there is what we have to work with.
Dragon_Rebel05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Dragon_Rebel05
When you delete games off the channel to make room for newer ones, does it replaces the blocks used up? Because if it doesn't then that means you arelimited in the amount of VC games you can buy.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

When you delete games off the channel to make room for newer ones, does it replaces the blocks used up? Because if it doesn't then that means you arelimited in the amount of VC games you can buy.Dragon_Rebel05

That's what delete means

It's gone

SirSpudly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SirSpudly
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts

Besides, all you need to do is click on the Wii Shop Channel and see your games, all right there in "Titles You've Downloaded".

It's just one click away...or 2.

bob_newman

Or in my case, 10.

The trick is to have games you've recently bought matched up beside ones you haven't beaten. I do themes with mine.

muscle_shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 muscle_shark
Member since 2008 • 160 Posts
try deleting channels you dont use such as everyone votes and the news channel. they free up some space.
FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts
Do you have an SD Card? I recenly got a 2GB card to replace my 256MB card I had since launch. You could fit tons of VC games with that memory. It doesn't take long to copy VC games to the Wii via SD Card transfer. I have like 20 VC/WiiWare games on the Wii and the rest in my SD Card. All you have to do is check your games on the Wii Data Managment screen under Channels. Switch between Wii and SD Card at the top. Viola, you can see all your games! Swap what you want to play and what you want stored. Just try it. ;)
Dragon_Rebel05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Dragon_Rebel05

try deleting channels you dont use such as everyone votes and the news channel. they free up some space.muscle_shark

Yeah and you can never get those channels back! I'm not stupid.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

[QUOTE="muscle_shark"]try deleting channels you dont use such as everyone votes and the news channel. they free up some space.Dragon_Rebel05

This is the second time I've had to say this

You are either misinformed or lying, either way it does not look good for you

black_ice23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 black_ice23
Member since 2003 • 1288 Posts

[QUOTE="muscle_shark"]try deleting channels you dont use such as everyone votes and the news channel. they free up some space.Dragon_Rebel05

yes you can just download it again like the VC titles all the downloadable Apps/Games channels on Wii work like that unless they are a limited time channels

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
When you bring up the question,you make an excellent point; what's the point of having all those channels when there is absolutely no way to fill all of them up?I would have never thought of that.
Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts
there is no limit to how many VC/wiiare/other channels you can have... when you delete a game, you keep the save data, so deleting/redownloading is basically like taking out a disc and putting in another.. theres also an update coming that will let us download directly to an SD card, and make it easier to move games from the SD card to the Wii
PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts
Delete them to make room. If you don't want to do that then it's your own problem.
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 bob_newman

When you bring up the question,you make an excellent point; what's the point of having all those channels when there is absolutely no way to fill all of them up?I would have never thought of that.VGobbsesser

You could fill it up if you only downloaded NES games...the smallest NES games, that is.

Take out the Everybody Votes, Weather, News, etc., as well as your Brawl save data, MK save data, etc., and replace them with tiny NES files. I think you could technically do it.

PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts

[QUOTE="VGobbsesser"]When you bring up the question,you make an excellent point; what's the point of having all those channels when there is absolutely no way to fill all of them up?I would have never thought of that.bob_newman

You could fill it up if you only downloaded NES games...the smallest NES games, that is.

Take out the Everybody Votes, Weather, News, etc., as well as your Brawl save data, MK save data, etc., and replace them with tiny NES files. I think you could technically do it.

It would be pushing it but you might be able to do that. But are there even 30 NES games worth purchasing?

bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 bob_newman
[QUOTE="bob_newman"]

[QUOTE="VGobbsesser"]When you bring up the question,you make an excellent point; what's the point of having all those channels when there is absolutely no way to fill all of them up?I would have never thought of that.PlasmaBeam44

It would be pushing it but you might be able to do that. But are there even 30 NES games worth purchasing?

[QUOTE="bob_newman"]

[QUOTE="VGobbsesser"]When you bring up the question,you make an excellent point; what's the point of having all those channels when there is absolutely no way to fill all of them up?I would have never thought of that.PlasmaBeam44

Yes.

sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts

Also. There is no way to fill the 30 screens full of VC games. You will run out of memory before you get there.

Unless you buy all NES games

alexh_99

I was always wondering why they made so many boxes

Chojuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Chojuto
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts

Actually yes you can. You can redownload the Everybody Votes channel anytime you want, it was already free to begin with anyways. And you can't even delete the News and Weather channels.

Skie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 Skie7
Member since 2005 • 1031 Posts
Sort of on this topic, if you move your game data (like Super Smash or Mario Kart) to an SD will the games pull the data from the SD card next time you run them?
kirilanga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kirilanga
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I almost lost everything when I tried that SD thing
Avatar image for deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
Member since 2004 • 16051 Posts

Sort of on this topic, if you move your game data (like Super Smash or Mario Kart) to an SD will the games pull the data from the SD card next time you run them?Skie7

I`m not 100% sure.. but I think that the wii is not able to read game data directely from teh SD card. Yu have to put it back to the wii memory to use it.

bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 bob_newman

Sort of on this topic, if you move your game data (like Super Smash or Mario Kart) to an SD will the games pull the data from the SD card next time you run them?Skie7

You can't copy MK or Brawl data to the SD card. It won't let you.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#30 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

another solution get a damn sd card thier cheap now ge one lol, you can then copy each game to it as you get hem and when ready to delete it jus delete it when you want to replay it , instead of going online you can go to the memory settings and copy it back , after deleting the other one that took your spot, /space ugh why are people so lazy

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#31 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

You can delete and redownload any VC game you want, for free, as long as you already bought it.

There is no reason for anyone to have 30 games on their Wii at one time. I can't even get through 5 different games a day, why would I need 30?

bob_newman

This is Nintendo madness. What's the point of a gaming collection if you can't have all your games available at all times? The problem is those greedy Nintendo bastards equipped the Wii with a $2 512MB flash memory as the only means of storage, which is inadequate even for mobile phones, let alone internet-connected consoles. If they weren't so cheap and included a freaking hard drive, we wouldn't have to juggle our games on and off the shop channel.

basia77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 basia77
Member since 2006 • 537 Posts

I know all that but I like having all my games displayed on the list.Dragon_Rebel05

Tottaly agree

JERMINITIS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#33 JERMINITIS
Member since 2007 • 1517 Posts

Just do what Nintendo wants you to do. Buy another Wii, and then u got double the storage ability and twice the number of channels. LOL ;)

gmc2u_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 gmc2u_64
Member since 2005 • 2402 Posts

another solution get a damn sd card thier cheap now ge one lol, you can then copy each game to it as you get hem and when ready to delete it jus delete it when you want to replay it , instead of going online you can go to the memory settings and copy it back , after deleting the other one that took your spot, /space ugh why are people so lazy

mariokart64fan
It's a hastle we shouldn't have to go through. I don't want to through all that crap, i just want to play my games without that hastle. Is that too much to ask for?
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 bob_newman
[QUOTE="bob_newman"]

Black_Knight_00

This is Nintendo madness. What's the point of a gaming collection if you can't have all your games available at all times? The problem is those greedy Nintendo bastards equipped the Wii with a $2 512MB flash memory as the only means of storage, which is inadequate even for mobile phones, let alone internet-connected consoles. If they weren't so cheap and included a freaking hard drive, we wouldn't have to juggle our games on and off the shop channel.

If they didn't include a cheap $2 flash memory, the price would have gone up, and then what does the Wii have to compete with the competition?

$300 for an HD 360, or

$300 for a Wii.

Which one do you think people would choose?

$250 is the maximum that most casual people will pay for a console.

alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#36 alexh_99
Member since 2007 • 5378 Posts

As bob said you cant move brawl or MK to the SD card. But for games you are allowed to move to the Sd card. The answer is no. The game must be on your wii memory to play the game.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Black_Knight_00

If they didn't include a cheap $2 flash memory, the price would have gone up, and then what does the Wii have to compete with the competition?

$300 for an HD 360, or

$300 for a Wii.

bob_newman

There's another factor: the Wii is composed of 4-5 years old hardware that Nintendo sells us for 300% its value. The Wii is nothing but a slightly upgraded Gamecube. If they were honest, they would have at least included a real storage device in those $250.

chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts
[QUOTE="bob_newman"]

$300 for an HD 360, or

$300 for a Wii.

Black_Knight_00

There's another factor: the Wii is composed of 4-5 years old hardware that Nintendo sells us for 300% its value. The Wii is nothing but a slightly upgraded Gamecube. If they were honest, they would have at least included a real storage device in those $250.

And still Nintendo is winning in sales. The problem is Nintendo did underestimate Wii as a console with download content. They didn't think about this in this gen. For Next gen, Nintendo seems to work on holographic storage for next gen.

bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 bob_newman
[QUOTE="bob_newman"]

$300 for an HD 360, or

$300 for a Wii.

Black_Knight_00

300%? I don't know about that.

They were only making $50 off of each system when they released the Wii. $50 is not 300% of $250.

Now, 2 years later, I'm sure it's worth less than at launch. But they can't really release a Wii with new specs half-way through a system's lifespan. It cuts off half of their install base.

clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 clicketyclick
Member since 2008 • 7136 Posts
[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"][QUOTE="bob_newman"]

$300 for an HD 360, or

$300 for a Wii.

bob_newman

300%? I don't know about that.

They were only making $50 off of each system when they released the Wii. $50 is not 300% of $250.

Now, 2 years later, I'm sure it's worth less than at launch. But they can't really release a Wii with new specs half-way through a system's lifespan. It cuts off half of their install base.

The more time passes, the cheaper it is to manufacture parts. This is why companies can drop prices of electronic products, like Microsoft and Sony have done (despite the fact that they were losing money when they first started manufacturing their respective new gen consoles.) Nintendo has not dropped its console's price, unlike its two competitors, yet technology has similarily gotten cheaper for them to produce/manufacture.

While 300% is doubtlessly hyperbole, they already had a healthy profit margin at launch, and it has only increased since the cost of manufacturing parts has dropped, without a price drop accompanying it.

Nintendo could have included a better storage solution with the Wii at the same price, taking a smaller profit margin, and still made a mint.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Black_Knight_00

While 300% is doubtlessly hyperbole, they already had a healthy profit margin at launch, and it has only increased since the cost of manufacturing parts has dropped, without a price drop accompanying it.

Nintendo could have included a better storage solution with the Wii at the same price, taking a smaller profit margin, and still made a mint.

clicketyclick

That's exactly my point. I'm no hardware guru, but I think that adding the market values of the Wii components we wouldn't reach $150. Sure, by saying 300% I exaggerated on purpose, but the general concept that the Wii is overpriced remains.

By this I'm not saying Nintendo should have sold it for $150, more likely they should have made a more powerful machine and sold it for a legitimate $250-300.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Sword-Demon
[QUOTE="clicketyclick"]

Black_Knight_00

That's exactly my point. I'm no hardware guru, but I think that adding the market values of the Wii components we wouldn't reach $150. Sure, by saying 300% I exaggerated on purpose, but the general concept that the Wii is overpriced remains.

By this I'm not saying Nintendo should have sold it for $150, more likely they should have made a more powerful machine and sold it for a legitimate $250-300.

but then they wouldnt have made as much money!

Cheezy-Beezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44 Cheezy-Beezy
Member since 2007 • 1329 Posts

Yeaaa u can have more than 30 games i have about 35 on my wii and 3 deleted.

clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 clicketyclick
[QUOTE="clicketyclick"]

Black_Knight_00

Sorry, I didn't mean to steal your idea without giving you credit. I just meant to bolster your argument and show that it is rational. I know it's kinda annoying when people say the exact same thing as you right after you. I meant it to be exactly your point, but I should have mentioned that. :P

Sword-Demon

Imagine a room filled with gold bars. Imagine removing one. Big loss, right? :P

Oh oh, I've got another analogy! Imagine all the fish in the sea. Imagine catching and eating a net-full of them. Are there no more fish in the sea?

:D

Basically, Nintendo would still earn a mint. And still have a license to operate a mint within their HQ.

bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 bob_newman
[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"][QUOTE="clicketyclick"]

clicketyclick

Sorry, I didn't mean to steal your idea without giving you credit. I just meant to bolster your argument and show that it is rational. I know it's kinda annoying when people say the exact same thing as you right after you. I meant it to be exactly your point, but I should have mentioned that. :P

Sword-Demon

Oh oh, I've got another analogy! Imagine all the fish in the sea. Imagine catching and eating a net-full of them. Are there no more fish in the sea?

Basically, Nintendo would still earn a mint. And still have a license to operate a mint within their HQ.

1 gold bar doesn't sound like that much, but times that by 34+ million gold bars.

Nintendo has no other means of making money. Sony has their TVs and entertainment units, MS has Windows. They can dip into those funds to help recoup their losses on console hardware.

Nintendo, on the other hand, has to make a decent profit on systems in order to stay afloat.

Yes, they could lower the price, but why would they do that when they're selling out each week anyway?

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Sword-Demon
[QUOTE="Sword-Demon"]

clicketyclick

but if they sold the console for 150, rather than 250, then they wouldnt make that $100 per system. nintendo has sold about 24 million wiis so far.

so if they sold them at $150, they would have made $3.6 billion

by seeling them at $250, theyve made $6 billion..

do you think a company wont make a move that will give them $2,400,000,000 more?

clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 clicketyclick

1 gold bar doesn't sound like that much, but times that by 34+ million gold bars.

Nintendo has no other means of making money. Sony has their TVs and entertainment units, MS has Windows. They can dip into those funds to help recoup their losses on console hardware.

Nintendo, on the other hand, has to make a decent profit on systems in order to stay afloat.

Yes, they could lower the price, but why would they do that when they're selling out each week anyway?

bob_newman

Like the Black_Knight, I'm not saying that they should lower the price. I'm saying that they had large profit margins on the Wii (i.e. sales price minus manufacturing costs) which would only be slightly reduced by including better hardware, and while they would make less money, they would still make oodles of money and meet their sales projections (currently, they're exceeding them.)

Unlike Sony and MS, Nintendo is making money in this insecure financial time. The other guys have been reporting losses. And even in these times, Ninty is dialing up their financial forecasts. This is only in part due to the inflation of the price (versus the value of the parts) and is mostly due to demand; they could have then inflated the price less and still reported profits.

I'm not saying Nintendo should have done this - they're a business and in a capitalist system, a business should make as much money on their ideas/products as people are willing to pay, similar to how businesspeople should make as much money as people are willing to pay. But I would think that, given that you disagree with me about that, you would also be disagreeing with me that Nintendo was right to inflate the price and would instead be asserting that they should have included a better storage solution because they could afford it and they'd only be slightly less rich, whereas now, they are grossly rich.

bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 bob_newman
[QUOTE="bob_newman"]

clicketyclick

Like the Black_Knight, I'm not saying that they should lower the price. I'm saying that they had large profit margins on the Wii (i.e. sales price minus manufacturing costs) which would only be slightly reduced by including better hardware, and while they would make less money, they would still make oodles of money and meet their sales projections (currently, they're exceeding them.)

Unlike Sony and MS, Nintendo is making money in this insecure financial time. The other guys have been reporting losses. And even in these times, Ninty is dialing up their financial forecasts. This is only in part due to the inflation of the price (versus the value of the parts) and is mostly due to demand; they could have then inflated the price less and still reported profits.

I'm not saying Nintendo should have done this - they're a business and in a capitalist system, a business should make as much money on their ideas/products as people are willing to pay, similar to how businesspeople should make as much money as people are willing to pay. But I would think that, given that you disagree with me about that, you would also be disagreeing with me that Nintendo was right to inflate the price and would instead be asserting that they should have included a better storage solution because they could afford it and they'd only be slightly less rich, whereas now, they are grossly rich.

Well, as you know, I don't support the idea that anyone should be that rich. But they lost so much money in the past that they're taking advantage of the situation now. Maybe saving up for the future?

clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 clicketyclick

Well, as you know, I don't support the idea that anyone should be that rich. But they lost so much money in the past that they're taking advantage of the situation now. Maybe saving up for the future?

bob_newman

The same could be said for businesspeople. The financial market is very risky, and businesses have a high failure rate. I read that 50% of startups fail within 4 years on a fact-checking site. People who go into business have a lot at stake if they fail or get fired. On the other hand, if they succeed, they can do extremely well.

So should "saving up for the future" be an acceptable excuse for executives, businesspeople, and their companies raking in billions at the expense of those who have way less, despite that they could easily afford to not make quite as much money so that the less well off could be benefited?