Yahtzee Has Reviewed The Conduit

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Because of some off color language I wont include a link but this is the internet, come on lol

He pretty much nails every single thing the majority of this forum has brought up about the game

I don't think there were any unfair shots taken

scdorrell0422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 scdorrell0422
Member since 2009 • 130 Posts

It is a terrible game.

I bought it.

I play it every night.

Online is addicting.

Still, Terrible game.

MangaPicture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MangaPicture
Member since 2006 • 764 Posts

People like Yahtzee and Angry Video Game Nerd should have stopped making videos right after doing two, or three reviews.

They're getting old way too fast.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

People like Yahtzee and Angry Video Game Nerd should have stopped making videos right after doing two, or three reviews.

MangaPicture
Actually this one is pretty funny and spot on.
TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TaMuK711
Member since 2009 • 3367 Posts

Sad thing is everything he said was accurate lol...

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

TaMuK711
Yeah, usually he has to exaggerate. Not so much this time.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts
why does Jaysonguy feel so threatened by the Conduit?
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 haziqonfire
why does Jaysonguy feel so threatened by the Conduit?Nuck81
He doesn't. Its just now the truth is out - and this review is spot on.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5e9044657a310
[QUOTE="Nuck81"]why does Jaysonguy feel so threatened by the Conduit?Haziqonfire

which is why every post and thread he makes is bashing a piss poor game? We get it, Counduit sucks, can we move along? This is like rampant bigoted Homophobia but in Video game form...
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 haziqonfire
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"][QUOTE="Nuck81"]why does Jaysonguy feel so threatened by the Conduit?Nuck81

which is why every post and thread he makes is bashing a piss poor game? We get it, Counduit sucks, can we move along? This is like rampant bigoted Homophobia but in Video game form...

Its posting a review to a game, nothing out of the ordinary.
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts

TaMuK711
It was. Except you can look up. You just gotta adjust it.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#12 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41538 Posts
That's his opinion. Other people actually like the game. I for one like The Conduit, but it's not to say other people don't though.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#13 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41538 Posts
[QUOTE="MangaPicture"]

Nah, they still have videos to come. They're still very funny.
TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TaMuK711

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"][QUOTE="Nuck81"]why does Jaysonguy feel so threatened by the Conduit?Nuck81

It's called claiming ownage. He said all long the game would suck, it did. So for all that time everyone hyped The Conduit, Jason gets equal time to slam it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5e9044657a310

[QUOTE="Nuck81"][QUOTE="Haziqonfire"] He doesn't. Its just now the truth is out - and this review is spot on.TaMuK711

It's called claiming ownage. He said all long the game would suck, it did. So for allthat timeeveryone hyped The Conduit, Jason gets equal timeto slam it.

ahhh, how mature...
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts

[QUOTE="Nuck81"][QUOTE="Haziqonfire"] He doesn't. Its just now the truth is out - and this review is spot on.TaMuK711

It's called claiming ownage. He said all long the game would suck, it did. So for allthat timeeveryone hyped The Conduit, Jason gets equal timeto slam it.

considering how long they took to make that games, that warrants a reallllly long time
zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 zaku101
Member since 2005 • 4641 Posts

Great review.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5e9044657a310

[QUOTE="Nuck81"][QUOTE="TaMuK711"]

TaMuK711

ahhh, how mature...

Coming from the person with a wrestling avatar? Nice. Welcome to the internet.

Henry Rollins?
dkrustyklown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 dkrustyklown
Member since 2009 • 2387 Posts

My only complaint about The Conduit is one particular glitch which can be taken advantage of to produce an aimbot...which works in online play.

Ugh, that glitch ruined the game for me once I found out about it.

TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TaMuK711

[QUOTE="TaMuK711"]

[QUOTE="Nuck81"] ahhh, how mature...Nuck81

Henry Rollins?

LOL. total misrecognition on that one.

How ironic considering we were talking about ownage XD

Still, welcome to a video game forum, your views on what is mature doesn't change the reality of this place:P

loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 loco145
Member since 2006 • 12226 Posts

Because of some off color language I wont include a link but this is the internet, come on lol

He pretty much nails every single thing the majority of this forum has brought up about the game

Jaysonguy

No, he's dead wrong about the controls. The game has the best controls of any console fps for single player (the bad freamerate in multy kills the smoothness imo).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5e9044657a310

[QUOTE="Nuck81"][QUOTE="TaMuK711"]

TaMuK711

Henry Rollins?

LOL. total misrecognition on that one.

How ironic considering we were talking about ownage XD

Still, welcome to a video game forum, your views on what is mature doesn't change the reality of this place:P

no problem, it happens.....
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 JordanElek

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

loco145

No, he's dead wrong about the controls. The game has the best controls of any console fps for single player (the bad freamerate in multy kills the smoothness imo).

That's not an indisputable fact, though. I liked MP3's controls much, much better than The Conduit's. I even think MoHH2's controls are pretty much on par with The Conduit's. And that's after adjustments. The Conduit's controls aren't the amazing innovation that they were talked up to be.

dkrustyklown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dkrustyklown
Member since 2009 • 2387 Posts

loco145

You're right in that he is dead wrong about the controls. He keeps saying that you can't look up, but that's incorrect. The default setting won't let you look up, but if you go to control options and set vertical view to "100", then you can look up, although I don't understand why the default setting was "50". Also, he obviously never bothered to adjust the dead-zone & turn speed, which would have solved his turning problem.

loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 loco145

[QUOTE="loco145"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

JordanElek

That's not an indisputable fact, though. I liked MP3's controls much, much better than The Conduit's. I even think MoHH2's controls are pretty much on par with The Conduit's. And that's after adjustments. The Conduit's controls aren't the amazing innovation that they were talked up to be.

MP3's are just more beginner friendly (with full screen dead zone). But turning is a lot slower. I didn't bother with MoH:H2 single player but the multi players > conduits multy by the frame rate alone. (60 fps vs 20s fps).

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 JordanElek

MP3's are just more beginner friendly (with full screen dead zone). But turning is a lot slower. I didn't bother with MoH:H2 single player but the multi players > conduits multy by the frame rate alone. (60 fps vs 20s fps).loco145
I agree about the framerate. The Conduit would've been much better off with downgraded visuals and a higher, more steady framerate, especially in multiplayer, along with some smoothing on the IR pointer to keep it from reproducing even the tiniest shake in your hand.

The turning in MP3 would be too slow for something like The Conduit, but simply upping the turn speed would fix that. The problem with The Conduit is that you can't adjust the turn acceleration so that moving the pointer just outside the bounding box would turn more slowly than if you moved it farther out of the bounding box. That flaw alone limited the greatness of the controls for me. It makes fine adjustments harder than they need to be.

loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 loco145

The turning in MP3 would be too slow for something like The Conduit, but simply upping the turn speed would fix that. JordanElek

You would need a smaller dead zone too.

The problem with The Conduit is that you can't adjust the turn acceleration so that moving the pointer just outside the bounding box would turn more slowly than if you moved it farther out of the bounding box.

JordanElek

That has more to do with controlling your wrist movements. it just need practise (like M+KB and dual analog also need). That's why i said that MP3 is more beginner friendly.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 haziqonfire
I too felt Metroid Prime 3 had smoother controls. In The Conduit, when I wanted to change the controls and tried to, everything just felt more jittery and not right. Even on the default setting (which I just used to beat the game, because it worked well enough that I didn't NEED to change the controls) - it still felt jittery. Not once, in Metroid Prime 3 - did I suffer the 'jitteritis' I did in The Conduit and in other FPS like MOH: Heroes 2.
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 JordanElek

[QUOTE="JordanElek"]

The turning in MP3 would be too slow for something like The Conduit, but simply upping the turn speed would fix that. loco145

You would need a smaller dead zone too.

The problem with The Conduit is that you can't adjust the turn acceleration so that moving the pointer just outside the bounding box would turn more slowly than if you moved it farther out of the bounding box.

JordanElek

That has more to do with controlling your wrist movements. it just need practise (like M+KB and dual analog also need). That's why i said that MP3 is more beginner friendly.

But that still doesn't justify the lack of the option. The controls were supposed to be fully customizable, so that whatever kind of control you wanted, you could adjust the settings to match it. That's not how it ended up.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

It is a terrible game.

I bought it.

I play it every night.

Online is addicting.

Still, Terrible game.

scdorrell0422
lol you should apply for the gamespot review team :P
snover2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 snover2009
Member since 2008 • 1730 Posts

Jaysonguy

He does that with most games.

With the exception of Portal and a couple of other games he mentioned, he hates pretty much every game out there including the big popular blockbuster titles that sell a million units or more.

I ended up not buying the Conduit anyway, since I have a PC that can handle most games this generation. With games like Wolfenstein and Modern Warfere 2 coming out soon, the Conduit doesn't look all that great. It did when the Wii was the only gaming platform I had, but only because most Wii games look dated.

snover2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 snover2009
Member since 2008 • 1730 Posts

I too felt Metroid Prime 3 had smoother controls. In The Conduit, when I wanted to change the controls and tried to, everything just felt more jittery and not right. Even on the default setting (which I just used to beat the game, because it worked well enough that I didn't NEED to change the controls) - it still felt jittery. Not once, in Metroid Prime 3 - did I suffer the 'jitteritis' I did in The Conduit and in other FPS like MOH: Heroes 2.Haziqonfire

Metroid seems smoother because it is running at 60 fps when the Conduit is doing only half that.

intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 intro94
Member since 2006 • 2623 Posts
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]I too felt Metroid Prime 3 had smoother controls. In The Conduit, when I wanted to change the controls and tried to, everything just felt more jittery and not right. Even on the default setting (which I just used to beat the game, because it worked well enough that I didn't NEED to change the controls) - it still felt jittery. Not once, in Metroid Prime 3 - did I suffer the 'jitteritis' I did in The Conduit and in other FPS like MOH: Heroes 2.

eww MP3 controls....
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
*after watching the review* that guy needs to stop with his daily caffeine... it's freakin hard to get what he says sometimes >_> but apparently he got it right. i still have to try the game myself, but i think it'll wait for the day i'm desperate to play something new and dont have anything else to rent.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 haziqonfire
[QUOTE="intro94"][QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]I too felt Metroid Prime 3 had smoother controls. In The Conduit, when I wanted to change the controls and tried to, everything just felt more jittery and not right. Even on the default setting (which I just used to beat the game, because it worked well enough that I didn't NEED to change the controls) - it still felt jittery. Not once, in Metroid Prime 3 - did I suffer the 'jitteritis' I did in The Conduit and in other FPS like MOH: Heroes 2.

eww MP3 controls....

Eww what? At least Metroid Prime 3 actually had smooth controls - If someone asked me to name an FPS that shows what the Wiimote is capable of - I wouldn't tell them The Conduit, I'd tell them Metroid - because its smoother, it plays better, it looks better and it has Motion Controls that actually work well and are accurate.
DaViD_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DaViD_99
Member since 2007 • 2496 Posts

For the Conduit are the controls not that good at the beginning but only become good when you customize it?

Reason i love Metroid Prime Corruption controls is that all you have to do is go to advanced settings and controls are basically perfect.

intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 intro94
Member since 2006 • 2623 Posts
sorry it was a gag reflex from my experience.I dont wanna argue with you, is just that after beating MP3 i still couldnt shake the boxed feeling i had from aiming there.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 haziqonfire

For the Conduit are the controls not that good at the beginning but only become good when you customize it?

Reason i love Metroid Prime Corruption controls is that all you have to do is go to advanced settings and controls are basically perfect.

DaViD_99

Pretty much.

You know I like it when a developer makes it so I don't have to make the controls work myself - they do it for me. I mean its nice to have customization but if I have to sit there struggling to make things work how I want to I don't want to deal with it.

monty_4256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 monty_4256
Member since 2004 • 8577 Posts
[QUOTE="TaMuK711"]

[QUOTE="Nuck81"] which is why every post and thread he makes is bashing a piss poor game? We get it, Counduit sucks, can we move along? This is like rampant bigoted Homophobia but in Video game form...Nuck81

ahhh, how mature...

when have forums been mature? all the reason for forums are to bash video games, and hype other ones... past that it's just good luck to find a topic