Wow. The New Fire Emblem Videos look fantstic. Check them out.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Goten_king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 Goten_king
Member since 2004 • 4327 Posts
This game is looking better and better everytime i look at it.

Sure its not going to be a new way to play a game, but really it deosn't rely on controls, its the content and story.

This is probably going to be one of those games that no one buys but it is extremely good. O well, I'm excited.

http://wii.com/jp/movies/wii-cm-soft21/

http://wii.com/jp/movies/fire-emblem-movie1/
Thul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Thul
Member since 2007 • 381 Posts
It does look good. How's the story in this game? i've never played it.
Goten_king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#3 Goten_king
Member since 2004 • 4327 Posts
Its a very story heavy game. But thats not all. Its not like most RPG's you may think of either.

Its a turnbased strategy game meaning you and an opponent take turns making moves and attacks on a battle field. Its a lot like chess for lack of a better analogy. You have different characters with different abilities weapons and stats. But its not just a face less battle. You become really attatched to each character as the story implements most of them VERY well, and when they die, you start over bcause you can't stand that person not being in there anymore.

It takes some thought but its very rewarding. A lot of voiceless reading and upgrading of stuff, but its a very satisfying game with a great story. This game is a continuation of the first, Fire emblem Path of Radiance for the GC.

If you dont like slow paced games, then isn't for you, but if you dont mind and you like a good story with a very deep battle system, tehn this is perfect.

The CG cutscenes are beautiful. They take cel-shading to a whole new level. Hopefully there will be more in hte new game :)

Read some reviews of PoR if you still confused.
Kakua_Omari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Kakua_Omari
Member since 2005 • 939 Posts
It looks great, hopefully it'll play great too.
Avatar image for ricky-with-no-y
ricky-with-no-y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ricky-with-no-y
Member since 2004 • 1823 Posts
I never really like fire emblem games, but i bought the GC one and loved it, so i'll probably buy this one too.
blem16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 blem16
Member since 2006 • 526 Posts
this game looks awesome, love role playing. hopefully this game will turn out really well. cant wait
nvs22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 nvs22
Member since 2006 • 1079 Posts
THis needs to be bumped, this game looks better than I expected. Good job once again Nintendo!
Thul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Thul
Member since 2007 • 381 Posts
Its a very story heavy game. But thats not all. Its not like most RPG's you may think of either.

Its a turnbased strategy game meaning you and an opponent take turns making moves and attacks on a battle field. Its a lot like chess for lack of a better analogy. You have different characters with different abilities weapons and stats. But its not just a face less battle. You become really attatched to each character as the story implements most of them VERY well, and when they die, you start over bcause you can't stand that person not being in there anymore.

It takes some thought but its very rewarding. A lot of voiceless reading and upgrading of stuff, but its a very satisfying game with a great story. This game is a continuation of the first, Fire emblem Path of Radiance for the GC.

If you dont like slow paced games, then isn't for you, but if you dont mind and you like a good story with a very deep battle system, tehn this is perfect.

The CG cutscenes are beautiful. They take cel-shading to a whole new level. Hopefully there will be more in hte new game :)

Read some reviews of PoR if you still confused. Goten_king
It sounds great, is it anything like final fantasy tactics?, because I loved that game.