Would you recommend Wii for me?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CommandoAgent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 CommandoAgent
Member since 2005 • 1703 Posts

As in should i buy the wii?

Well at the moment i will be out of budget for qutie some time :?

why? i am getting a kick a** laptop which will cost me $1,599.99

Anywho i am xbox360 user atm and i was a Nintendo user when i was a kid

i really enjoyed the good old days of nintendo, i was just thinking to myself whether or not i should be getting a wii

The Current gaming systems i own are as follows

1.Xbox360 6 games

2.PS2 hmm 5 or 8

3.DS (4 games)

4. PSP (3 game discks)

I do like the looks&feels of Wii, there are qutie of few games on my wish list for the wii that i had in mind.

I just dont know if i will make the right choice,

Seening how The PS3 isnt making huge sells in numbers of its system and games,

i think i made good choice not to buy it. Since there arent to many good games for the ps3.

So what do you think wii users? is the wii any good atall?

dylanmcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 dylanmcc
Member since 2008 • 2512 Posts
Well, it depends on what games you like.
Galaxy, Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, De Blob are all amazing titles that are out now.
Coming out are Little King's Story, Tales of Symphonia 2, Call Of Duty 5, Animal Crossing: City Folk + heaps more.
Look in the recommendation thread for more.

But yeah, I'm more than happy with the games that Wii has to offer. Research all the games, make a list and see if you think it's worth it.
odisho68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 odisho68
Member since 2004 • 100 Posts

Even tho i disagree with you bout the games for the PS3...the wii has plenty of games and the VC offers far better games than any other system and at a cheaper price so I suggest picking up the Wii it goes perfectly with a system like the 360 or the PS3 (which to me are basically the same thing nowadays with almost everything being multiplatform)

PSWII OWNER

waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#4 waZelda
Member since 2006 • 2956 Posts
If you've got little money, the wii shop channel might be a good place to go since you can get great games such as Mega Man 9 and old-school games such as OoT, Super Mario 64 or others for less than 1000p (I think that it is 15 dollars). But appart from that, games such as Galaxy and Brawl are impossible not to like.
SUPER_FLY_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SUPER_FLY_
Member since 2008 • 2653 Posts
dont think just buy:P
kiddoom93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 kiddoom93
Member since 2006 • 838 Posts
after the mario zelda and metriod games i was bored of my wii but the vc is the best
SmashingZyme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SmashingZyme
Member since 2008 • 33 Posts
I'd recommend the Wii to just about everyone. It's solid and great for solo play and even group play. If your family is ridiculously big like mine, you'll have hours of fun with even Wii Sports (and trust me, everyone in my family plays the Wii when they come to my house)
Igetyourdogtag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Igetyourdogtag
Member since 2008 • 966 Posts

i really enjoyed the good old days of nintendo, i was just thinking to myself whether or not i should be getting a wii

1.Xbox360 6 games

2.PS2 hmm 5 or 8

3.DS (4 games)

4. PSP (3 game discks)

I do like the looks&feels of Wii, there are qutie of few games on my wish list for the wii that i had in mind.

i think i made good choice not to buy it. Since there arent to many good games for the ps3.

CommandoAgent
I disagree with the ps3 doesnt have good games, but that aside, if you like casual games, not hardcore games like socom or resistance, then i suggest getting a wii. if you are a fan of shooters and rpgs the wii doesnt have much in store for you.
Samslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#9 Samslayer
Member since 2005 • 1852 Posts

I guess my question to you is if you are bored of your previous systems? I noticed that you don't have the largest game collection, and with that if you can still go back to the same game, and get enjoyment out of it, then maybe the Wii is for you! I have a Wii, and I played the heck out of it for the first couple months I had it. It is really nice to just turn it on and play a round of bowling or whatever. I am somewhat bored with my Wii right now. I haven't played it in about a month, and I think that is just because I'm completely bored of the games. I have all the "good" games for the wii, and there isn't any out right now that interest me.

So, to me, if you can get enough enjoyment out of a small amount of games then I would go for it! If you get bored with games quickly (or finish them quickly) then you may want to look further into the Wii games and see if the system provides enough entertainment for you.

Samslayer

cavsfan2320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 cavsfan2320
Member since 2005 • 63 Posts
[QUOTE="CommandoAgent"]

1.Xbox360 6 games

2.PS2 hmm 5 or 8

3.DS (4 games)

4. PSP (3 game discks)

Igetyourdogtag

I disagree with the ps3 doesnt have good games, but that aside, if you like casual games, not hardcore games like socom or resistance, then i suggest getting a wii. if you are a fan of shooters and rpgs the wii doesnt have much in store for you.

SOCOM? Resistance? Don't listen to him CommandoAgent, the Wii is stacked with great titles. Metroid, Galaxy, Zelda, SSBB, Mario Kart, Zack and Wiki, Wario Shake it, De Blob, RE 4, Mega Man 9, World of Goo, Animal Crossing, Sin and Punishment 2, PUNCH OUT,Okami, PES 08, just to name a few

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#11 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

Yes the Wii is a great fit along with your Laptop and Xbox360.

Wii has more unique exclusive IPs than the 360 and PS3 combined so I would suggest getting it for those titles. Niche titles like No More Heroes, BlastWorks, Boom Blox, De Blob is what the Wii is all about. Along with those you get more core games from nintendo like Brawl, Twilight Princess, Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Mario Kart, etc. and upcoming games like Little King's Story, MadWorld and Fragile.

Keenzach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Keenzach
Member since 2006 • 1210 Posts
TC, based on everything you said in you first post you would definatley enjoy the wii so yes I would 100% recomend it to you