Will the Wii ever get Grand theft auto?

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jxsilicon9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jxsilicon9
Member since 2003 • 171 Posts
Every system has it but the Nintendo Wii. Whats with that?
99skylinegtr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 99skylinegtr
Member since 2004 • 2123 Posts
if EA takes over ill bet you anything there will be one. too bad it will suck tho. screw ea. i dont really think that gta belongs on the wii anyways
Avatar image for vanishing_judge
vanishing_judge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 vanishing_judge
Member since 2006 • 240 Posts
I hope not
Avatar image for UltimateXShadow
UltimateXShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 UltimateXShadow
Member since 2005 • 2312 Posts
Well, there are Grand Theft Auto games for the Game Boy, and Bully recently came out for the Wii. I would say that it's fairly possible.
RexXin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RexXin
Member since 2007 • 238 Posts
Absolutely no chance of GTA ever comming to Wii.. Quote me if you like.
BrooklynHotBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BrooklynHotBoy
Member since 2003 • 818 Posts

snow balls chance in.........

Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Cyber-
Member since 2007 • 4026 Posts

it would be nice to see an original GTA but seriously I doubt it. If they even attempted a GTA on Wii it would be like the PSP version in that the main talent that makes these games great wont be involved.

Its kinda sad because if you ever want to gauge the power of your console you do it by seeing what a full blown GTA games looks like on it. One could only imagine what a GTA Wii would look like. Im talking if they put as much effort as they did with GTAIV into this game. It would look like bewteen San Andreas and IV.

jono088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jono088
Member since 2008 • 101 Posts

well i hope so...coz i recon it would be really cool with motion controlls.

can u imagine acting out sneaking up behind someone and slitting their throat!! OMFG!!

lol dont worry im not totally crazy....

i l*ke to b*rn th*ngs =]

zenszulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#10 zenszulu
Member since 2004 • 1907 Posts
Well with rockstar putting games on the Wii like Bully and Manhunt 2 I wouldn't say a GTA game is out of the question, more to the point all the people say that there is no chance of it ever happening, many people have said that over the years about thing regarding video games one being you would never see Sonic and Mario in the same game, now since hell well and truly froze over for that, a snowball now has a chance in hell.
wolverine08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 wolverine08
Member since 2007 • 245 Posts

Well with rockstar putting games on the Wii like Bully and Manhunt 2 I wouldn't say a GTA game is out of the question, more to the point all the people say that there is no chance of it ever happening, many people have said that over the years about thing regarding video games one being you would never see Sonic and Mario in the same game, now since hell well and truly froze over for that, a snowball now has a chance in hell.zenszulu

he has a good point, haters

starfox15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#12 starfox15
Member since 2006 • 3988 Posts

No. Not on Wii and probably never on a Nintendo console. Unless for some reason either Microsoft or Playstation get axed down the road, neither Nintendo's need to be child-friendly nor Rockstars necessity for being the "Mature" game will allow the game to be made on the Wii or any Nintendo console besides handhelds. (Which, at this point, doesn't seem real likely either.)

Rub it in my face if they change their minds.

mrjam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 mrjam0
Member since 2007 • 1364 Posts

christ, y do ppl keep asking this question. NO! if u want to play a game like gta, then get scarface. its just as good as the ps2 gta's imo.

other than that, get a 360 or ps3. ill be having fun with gta 4 on april 29, and mk later in may

GSU28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GSU28
Member since 2007 • 1608 Posts
Never Grand Theft Auto, but I would imagine that GTA Stories may come to the Wii.
Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Cyber-

I dont see 2k's incentive to put it on Wii anyway. Look at any game that resembles it or is made by Rockstar. Bully is already a flop, Table Tennis also flopped, Manhunt 2 flopped, Scarface flopped, and so did The Godfather.

Now I know those were all ports but at least the Godfather was a really good port. Even porting a GTA game is probabaly an expensive matter. Another thing is, and I dont know if you havent noticed is that MS and Sony have given a considerable amount of money to 2k to get these games special status. Not to mention every devloper that makes a game for wii feels like they have to do something more lighthearted eventhough Reggie has stated they are open to M rated content.

newkid69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 newkid69
Member since 2007 • 293 Posts
it would be nice. if rockstar had the guts to release a gta for the wii, i would buy it!:D
Fatkiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 Fatkiwi
Member since 2008 • 132 Posts

Well, there are Grand Theft Auto games for the Game Boy, and Bully recently came out for the Wii. I would say that it's fairly possible.UltimateXShadow

GTA came to the Gameboy, because it was the only handheld.

And I think that GTA won't come to the Wii, Bully on the other hand...

ganga_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ganga_
Member since 2007 • 790 Posts

i highly doubt theres gonna be a gta for the wii.

rockstar put so much effort in the graphics they won't ruin that for the wii. and developing a whole gta for just the wii isn't worth it.

Mitazaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Mitazaki
Member since 2005 • 1501 Posts
no and i hope not, i dont get whats so good about gta if anything i would hope for a mafia game so much better imo.
Strat-Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Strat-Master
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Hah, good luck.
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts
godfather for wii proves a gta game can come to wii and still look and play good.
SirSpudly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SirSpudly
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts

I dont see 2k's incentive to put it on Wii anyway. Look at any game that resembles it or is made by Rockstar. Bully is already a flop, Table Tennis also flopped, Manhunt 2 flopped, Scarface flopped, and so did The Godfather.

Now I know those were all ports but at least the Godfather was a really good port. Even porting a GTA game is probabaly an expensive matter. Another thing is, and I dont know if you havent noticed is that MS and Sony have given a considerable amount of money to 2k to get these games special status. Not to mention every devloper that makes a game for wii feels like they have to do something more lighthearted eventhough Reggie has stated they are open to M rated content.

Cyber-

Godfather Wii was better than the original. It had more to do, shooting was really intuitive, and I felt better throwing around people for exhortion money (yes, you can actually throw them around, its really satisfying). Overall, Godfater was a new game to me, and if EA had plugged another story line in (although they did add to it) I would have said more to get others interested in playing it.

On the second point, Nintendo does not normally pay for content on their system. They may offer better profit margins or promote the game specifically upon request, but Nintendo does not feel like they need to pay money to earn support. Microsoft does, and Sony does to keep games from being Microsoft exclusive. In the end, all it does is promote bad business tactics where Microsoft basically tells companies they support to make a game a certain way or lose support. Like making Shadowrun an FPS or telling Rare to make Viva Pinata DS and party animals instead of BK3.

Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Cyber-
[QUOTE="Cyber-"]

SirSpudly

Godfather Wii was better than the original. It had more to do, shooting was really intuitive, and I felt better throwing around people for exhortion money (yes, you can actually throw them around, its really satisfying). Overall, Godfater was a new game to me, and if EA had plugged another story line in (although they did add to it) I would have said more to get others interested in playing it.

On the second point, Nintendo does not normally pay for content on their system. They may offer better profit margins or promote the game specifically upon request, but Nintendo does not feel like they need to pay money to earn support. Microsoft does, and Sony does to keep games from being Microsoft exclusive. In the end, all it does is promote bad business tactics where Microsoft basically tells companies they support to make a game a certain way or lose support. Like making Shadowrun an FPS or telling Rare to make Viva Pinata DS and party animals instead of BK3.

I hope you know that I was fully supporting The Godfather in that post, I was just pointing out that it was basically the only one that was ported with attention given to it. It flopped in sales and its just another example of how short sighted Nintendo fans can be with games they always complain they want.

Unfortunately its gotten very competitive and paying for bigger better games is how it is now. Didnt Bioshock get all its funding because of MS?

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts
No but a Saints Row game coming i heard.
Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts
Third party support is growing and we can always dream. The problem is that GTA IV is about to be released, and not coming to the Wii, so who knows, when the next GTA will come.
BrooklynHotBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BrooklynHotBoy

nintendo is way too conservatice and way to passive to take a game like this. let me explain....

Rockstar is always making these badass mature games. Before any of their titles come out, Jack Johnson (florida attorney) is always crying about one otheir games and filing a lawsuit to stop the sale of the their games. Before manhunt2 came out for the wii, jack johnson tried to get wendy's to stop promotion of mario galaxy just because nintendo was going to carry manhunt 2 and within that time period nintendo never spoke a word about the situation. they had the perfect opportunity to put thar fool in his place.

This has let me to believe that nintendo purposely does not want gta on their system because they'll run away when constroversy starts to center around the games. they want to maintain their squeaky clean conservative image. gross

srbbnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#27 srbbnd
Member since 2005 • 386 Posts

nintendo is way too conservatice and way to passive to take a game like this. let me explain....

Rockstar is always making these badass mature games. Before any of their titles come out, Jack Johnson (florida attorney) is always crying about one otheir games and filing a lawsuit to stop the sale of the their games. Before manhunt2 came out for the wii, jack johnson tried to get wendy's to stop promotion of mario galaxy just because nintendo was going to carry manhunt 2 and within that time period nintendo never spoke a word about the situation. they had the perfect opportunity to put thar fool in his place.

This has let me to believe that nintendo purposely does not want gta on their system because they'll run away when constroversy starts to center around the games. they want to maintain their squeaky clean conservative image. gross

BrooklynHotBoy

Mostly agree. Manhunt 2 does not have the same stigma as GTA especially since the Hot Coffee Mod. I believe that Nintendo believes that putting GTA on the Wii will reduce sales for the Wii, because the Wii's target audience is parents. Parents spend the money for the young audience that usually plays the Wii. They are wrong, but Nintendo would never take that chance. It is sad, but GTA will never be on a Nintendo system. Once again GTA will NEVER be on Wii. :(

MrPoo6321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MrPoo6321
Member since 2007 • 769 Posts
never ever ever. i read an old interview with Miyamoto who said something about the GTA franchise specifically and how the Wii will be more family friendly and you will never see a Grand Theft Auto on Wii
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts
No, because they'd have to make more than one. I heard that the Wii would be getting support from Rockstar, though Bully and Table Tennis may be the end of it.
wolverine08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 wolverine08
none of us really KNOW anything its all speculation
Ryder123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#31 Ryder123
Member since 2005 • 1984 Posts
Don't care, thats why im getting a PS3.
Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Cyber-
Didnt Nintendo say they did not want GTA on the GC and it pissed off abunch of people. I dont know it could have been a rumor. ANyways Nintendo should do something if they want an "everybody" crowd that does not just include grandmas and young children as people ignorantly think thats all the wii caters to. I know alot of people who buy the wii if it had more game like that as it is there is a fairly large market of people who will not buy a wii.
BrooklynHotBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BrooklynHotBoy

Mostly agree. Manhunt 2 does not have the same stigma as GTA especially since the Hot Coffee Mod. I believe that Nintendo believes that putting GTA on the Wii will reduce sales for the Wii, because the Wii's target audience is parents. Parents spend the money for the young audience that usually plays the Wii. They are wrong, but Nintendo would never take that chance. It is sad, but GTA will never be on a Nintendo system. Once again GTA will NEVER be on Wii. :(

srbbnd

If nintendo seriously believes that then they are nothing short of retarded. having gta would more than likely increase sales of their console not decrease it. just because a few pissed of conservative parents don't like some of the games on the wii doesn't mean it would harm them. they care too much about their image rather than the fans who actually support them. i seriously saw no reason as to why gta3, vice city, and san andreas couldnt of been on the gc. i personally understand for obvious reasons why gtaIV cannot go to the wii (graphics, lack of hard drive, online play) but the exclusion of the other 3 game just doesn't make any sense and I'm pretty sure nintendo is to blame for that.

and I fail to see why parents and the media (fox news) area always **** about these games. they have mature ratings on them for a reason. if you're not 17 then you cannot pick it up. case closed. they're making it seem as though these games are purposely being distributed to minors.

PyritePedestal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 PyritePedestal
Member since 2007 • 190 Posts

Think about this.

PS2 had GTA

Wii can use PS2 engine

Wii can get GTA

but compared to GTA4....it would be awful.

GamerJM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 GamerJM
Member since 2007 • 1218 Posts
I believe rockstar comfirmed no.
Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Cyber-

Think about this.

PS2 had GTA

Wii can use PS2 engine

Wii can get GTA

but compared to GTA4....it would be awful.

PyritePedestal

thats because using the PS2 engine would be awful. A new engine would have to be used.

Vexx88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#37 Vexx88
Member since 2006 • 33342 Posts
You do know that Nintendo is the owner and creator of the NINTENDO Wii right?
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts
again, godfather wii has a open world say the size of gta 3 or less (maybe even vice city) and has a ton of F bombs to go along with it. It is on a Nintendo console. Im pretty sure Nintendo would allow gta to be on their Wii.
Ryder123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#39 Ryder123
Member since 2005 • 1984 Posts
I think they said Nintendo was trying hard to get Gta on the Wii, and I believe Manhunt 2, Table Tennis, and Bully are all tests for Gta or Midnight Club.
Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

No. Not on Wii and probably never on a Nintendo console. Unless for some reason either Microsoft or Playstation get axed down the road, neither Nintendo's need to be child-friendly nor Rockstars necessity for being the "Mature" game will allow the game to be made on the Wii or any Nintendo console besides handhelds. (Which, at this point, doesn't seem real likely either.)

Rub it in my face if they change their minds.

starfox15

Reggie said they were trying to get GTA on the Wii and they had been disgussing it with Rockstar right around the time of the Wii's release. I don't have a link, but I figured it was known for awhile now. Nintendo is not against M games, they just don't usually make them.

I could see it happening. Manhunt was given the AO and all Nintendo did was say sorry, it might be a little too brutal. (MS and SONY said the same thing, no one plays AO games). As soon as the M came into play, they were all about it. Nintendo prolly loved the pulicity it got as well.

wolverine08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 wolverine08
[QUOTE="BrooklynHotBoy"]

srbbnd

SO let me get this straight, The NINTENDO Gamecube can get True Crime:Streets of LA, and True Crime Streets of New York, but wont let GTA on to the wii because?

BrooklynHotBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 BrooklynHotBoy
[QUOTE="srbbnd"][QUOTE="BrooklynHotBoy"]

wolverine08

SO let me get this straight, The NINTENDO Gamecube can get True Crime:Streets of LA, and True Crime Streets of New York, but wont let GTA on to the wii because?

isnt gta more graphic than true crimes??

plus in both true crimes you play the role of a cop/detective. in gta you're a civilian who can kill civilians and cops etc.. and that aspect doesn't sit well with these retarded right-wing conservatives. ontop of that, gta is more popular and is the center of controversy, true crimes isnt.

Nobarai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#43 Nobarai
Member since 2007 • 211 Posts

No Never. If they do, It will suck becuase they will screw up the motion controls, and the fact that Rockstar said they had better games in mind for the Wii than GTA.

newkid69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 newkid69
Member since 2007 • 293 Posts
If rockstar would to ever release a GTA for the wii, it would sell!!!!!:D
silky_smooth8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 silky_smooth8
Member since 2003 • 3659 Posts
not happening, it'll be dumbed down big time if it did
penamat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46 penamat
Member since 2006 • 328 Posts
GTA is a horrible game that gives all games a bad name. Wii will never get it. Even if EA takes over. Wii is more of a family system anyway. Let the other consoles have this game. The only thing good about it is the free-roaming. Everything else, is repetitive and/or dumb.
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#47 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts
Annnnnd i thought this was system wars, oopsy.

My mistake.
Deleted.
BrooklynHotBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 BrooklynHotBoy

GTA is a horrible game that gives all games a bad name. Wii will never get it. Even if EA takes over. Wii is more of a family system anyway. Let the other consoles have this game. The only thing good about it is the free-roaming. Everything else, is repetitive and/or dumb. penamat

gta is innovative in my opinion. gta3 was literally like the first game where you got a free roam city environment. in gta games you're able to transport by bus or car or even take a taxi and even a helicopter etc.. most games at that time just had cut scenes and a dull lifeless city. it also deals with realistic situations. whats not to love about that?

why do you think it gives all game a bad name?

XDXDXDXDXDXDXD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 XDXDXDXDXDXDXD
Member since 2007 • 2399 Posts
I doubt it...its like what are the chances it snow in Hawaii It seems to me that GTA and Wii don't mix well together
Gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#50 Gamer_152
Member since 2006 • 821 Posts

Rockstar and Nintendo haven't come together on that series before so I doubt they will now. Nintendo have has 18+ games on their console before but with the media image that the series has been given it would be a significant hit for Nintendo's reputation for it to appear on their console. Besides something just doesn't feel quite right about GTA on the Wii.