Will rock band 2 drums for the wii work on guitar hero world tour for the wii?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SilentWalker008
SilentWalker008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SilentWalker008
Member since 2008 • 77 Posts
I just bought guitar hero world tour but only the game. I've been using my GH3 guitar but i want to use drums too. So can you guys tell me if it will or not?

Help would be greatly appreciated
JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

Guitar hero drums work with rockband, but not the other way around

YoBrandino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#3 YoBrandino
Member since 2003 • 1546 Posts

Yep, it can be quite confusing. But there are charts available to show the compatability, such as this one:

http://kotaku.com/5086709/the-official-guitar-herorock-band-compatibility-chart-update

Avatar image for FunkyHeadHunter
FunkyHeadHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FunkyHeadHunter
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts
I dont understand all this mess. If both games use guitars, drums and a mic...WHY in the world would they not be all compatible? How can they NOT work? Well I got GH WT for Wii for my kids and Im not spending more money on this junk. Same game, same instruments...All should work together just fine. Greed will kill gaming sooner or later.
LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

Yep, it can be quite confusing. But there are charts available to show the compatability, such as this one:

http://kotaku.com/5086709/the-official-guitar-herorock-band-compatibility-chart-update

YoBrandino

That's weird. That chart says you can't play Rock Band 2 with Guitar Hero III's Les Paul, but IGN's review says this:

"The following point has been the source of much confusion, so I want to make this very clear: Guitar Hero instruments DO work with Rock Band 2. Both Guitar Hero III and Guitar Hero: World Tour. This makes the Rock Band sequel even more attractive, because if you already have instruments you're happy with you can pick up the standalone disc and you're all set. If you do go with the Special Edition you'll find the Rock Band guitar still isn't ideal, but I prefer the Rock Band drums to those that come with Guitar Hero World Tour."

http://wii.ign.com/articles/939/939202p2.html

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
I dont understand all this mess. If both games use guitars, drums and a mic...WHY in the world would they not be all compatible? How can they NOT work? Well I got GH WT for Wii for my kids and Im not spending more money on this junk. Same game, same instruments...All should work together just fine. Greed will kill gaming sooner or later.FunkyHeadHunter
guitars work. unless you create a 5th pad on the rock band drumset, there's no logical way of using RB drums on GH.
FNKYMNK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FNKYMNK
Member since 2008 • 142 Posts
This is why you don't get a wii.
soxfreak42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 soxfreak42
Member since 2006 • 224 Posts
This is why you don't get a wii.FNKYMNK
No, that is not a reason not to get a wii, it's an example of how confusing gh and rock band compatability is.