Will Fatal Frame 4 ever get a US/Euro release?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

majinfaisal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 majinfaisal
Member since 2005 • 169 Posts
I'm gutted it hasn't been translated and shipped already! Unless it's an absolutely terrible game...?
dtno132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 dtno132
Member since 2008 • 1662 Posts
Nintendo decided not to publish it outside Japan.
rumor has it that Nintendo of America asked Tecmo to fix the controls and various bugs for a stateside release and the company refused.IGN article
I'm really close to finishing it. It's not a bad game, but it's not good as the other FF games.
greenarcher02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 greenarcher02
Member since 2009 • 988 Posts
i say import it... there's a team working on a translation, where you just put the patch on an SD card... they're doing it so as to make it only work on original copies of the game... i dunno if that's possible, but they don't want pirates/downloaders using it.... dunno if i'm allowed to post a link... so just google 'beyond the camera's lens' and search the forum...
Lothenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Lothenon
Member since 2003 • 1177 Posts

The fan translation was completed a couple of weeks ago, and the patching process is finalized for publishing as we speak. Keep an eye on http://zero4.higashinoeden.com/ for a release within the next two weeks. You need a J-copy of the game and an SD card of 1GB to play the game in English.

Other languages will follow, and the English dubbing project has also started a few weeks ago.

greenarcher02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 greenarcher02
oooh.. i haven't checked it for a while since i currently have no chance of getting a J-copy of the game....
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#6 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
I hope it'll get a release here.
majinfaisal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 majinfaisal
Wow didn't know there was a fan translation being worked on! Awesome news. I've just seen the trailer with the subtitles/translation and it looks pretty well done. I'm surprised Nintendo asked Tecmo to fix the controls on their game...theres plenty of wii games with BAD control schemes released overseas :-s Play-asia have this in stock so may have to import from there.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#8 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I heard a while back that the game was really awful, and that is the reason why they had decided not to bring it stateside.

It's hard to believe that would be the reason though, seeing most of the other games on Wii.

dtno132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dtno132
Member since 2008 • 1662 Posts
Nintendo owns the publishing rights to the game, they don't want to publish a game that is not good enough. (They refused to release Disaster in the US too.)
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

Wow didn't know there was a fan translation being worked on! Awesome news. I've just seen the trailer with the subtitles/translation and it looks pretty well done. I'm surprised Nintendo asked Tecmo to fix the controls on their game...theres plenty of wii games with BAD control schemes released overseas :-s Play-asia have this in stock so may have to import from there.majinfaisal
But Nintendo Published the game so then they can actually ask the company to fix it since they have the publishing rights to it.

Avatar image for garrett_duffman
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 garrett_duffman
Member since 2004 • 10684 Posts
February 30th
Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Pixel-Pirate
Member since 2009 • 10771 Posts

I wish they'd import it.

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
N/A release seems unlikely when regie said that he never heard of the series so it couldn't be that good but an EU release can happen
majinfaisal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 majinfaisal
Didn't know Nintendo published the game. I originally thought the game wasn't released because it wasn't for the 'casual gamer' lol.
travisstaggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 travisstaggs
Member since 2008 • 10562 Posts
Nintendo owns the publishing rights to the game, they don't want to publish a game that is not good enough. (They refused to release Disaster in the US too.)dtno132
I thought Disaster was still coming to the US? Since when does Nintendo own the publishing rights to Fatal Frame?
elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
[QUOTE="dtno132"]Nintendo owns the publishing rights to the game, they don't want to publish a game that is not good enough. (They refused to release Disaster in the US too.)travisstaggs
I thought Disaster was still coming to the US? Since when does Nintendo own the publishing rights to Fatal Frame?

no reggie said we wont get disaster it didn't sell well enough in jpn or eu for him to risk bringing it over, and nintendo paid fight rights to publish fatal frame 4 and for it to be specially on the wii only
Bass7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 Bass7
Member since 2004 • 6614 Posts

I got tired of waiting and just decided to import it. One thing that bothers me is that I cannot get 100% because of those bugs :(.

greenarcher02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 greenarcher02
so the bugs are really that serious? tecmo should fix that
maxgil2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 maxgil2
Member since 2004 • 785 Posts

(They refused to release Disaster in the US too.)dtno132

That's for a different reason tho I think ;)

no reggie said we wont get disaster it didn't sell well enough in jpn or eu for him to risk bringing it over, and nintendo paid fight rights to publish fatal frame 4 and for it to be specially on the wii onlyelbert_b_23

Im thinking more like copyright infringement on the movie "The Rock" - the main part of the game is a total rip off that movie including the dialogue :)

Dshenlong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 Dshenlong
Member since 2004 • 4613 Posts

Nintendo owns the publishing rights to the game, they don't want to publish a game that is not good enough. (They refused to release Disaster in the US too.)dtno132

Yet they brought the Juon game over? :P

Nintendo has released plenty of bad enough games on the Wii. It would've been better if they had released it because they probably would have been able to fix these *bugs* I keep hearing are in the JP game.

NeoFuso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 NeoFuso
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="dtno132"]Nintendo owns the publishing rights to the game, they don't want to publish a game that is not good enough. (They refused to release Disaster in the US too.)Dshenlong

Yet they brought the Juon game over? :P

Nintendo has released plenty of bad enough games on the Wii. It would've been better if they had released it because they probably would have been able to fix these *bugs* I keep hearing are in the JP game.

nintendo has no say on JU ON or any other game they dont own.Nintendo also had a development part in FF4(which is a good game all things said) and worldwide publishing rights to that title.
Avatar image for deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
Member since 2004 • 16051 Posts
[QUOTE="majinfaisal"]Wow didn't know there was a fan translation being worked on! Awesome news. I've just seen the trailer with the subtitles/translation and it looks pretty well done. I'm surprised Nintendo asked Tecmo to fix the controls on their game...theres plenty of wii games with BAD control schemes released overseas :-s Play-asia have this in stock so may have to import from there.

yeap.. I was going to post the news here.. but someone told me it was no aloud.. but yea.. I`m waiting by the minute that... already order my game at play-asia
Nintendo decided not to publish it outside Japan.dtno132
why is beyond my understanding... do not want to do the same rant.. but it really do not make any sense.. and the fact that others are no bringing it either is more ridiculous.. I mean if games like the calling are hope to sell at least FF4 would have fans of the series that would buy the game for sure... hell I have a friend that would finally buy the wii for that game :? oh well...