Wii Virtual Console

This topic is locked from further discussion.

emilioacosta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 emilioacosta
Member since 2003 • 130 Posts

I have purchased Wii Virtual Console games back in the Wii era, even if i owned the titles on my old and functional consoles.

With my Wii U, Ive transfered all my purchased on to my Wii U system, and I have some complains:

First, why on earth do you have to change to Wii Channel to play it? Instead Nintendo give you the option to re-purchase them for a small fee and you can play them on the gamepad and appear in the Wii U menu...

But not all of them are there..

We have now, the original cartdriges, the Wii Virtual Console games emulating on the Wii Channel, and a few emulating on the Wii U Menu (inception anyone?)

Its a mess! Nntendo should transfer all the Wii Virtual Console games to their new eShop channel

They have done it all wrong..

Thoughts anyone?

The-Butcher248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By The-Butcher248
Member since 2012 • 466 Posts

The reason the Wii is on it's on channel is because the Wii is in 480, and the Wii U is in HD.

In a perfect world. yes, your thoughts would improve the situation... But compared to Xbox/PS3 they have zero backwards capability. So in that aspect, we should be grateful the Wii allows this.

Secondly, you are paying the 1$/1.50$ to play on the gamepad. Thus they are improving your gaming experience for a small minor upgrade fee. They also added saving features for this fee. I'm fine with these two areas.

As for the Virtual Console library on Wii U, it's still playing catch up. They've been releasing at least 1 game per week. I think with the Wii they came out with too much too quick. They are going with the slow rolls with Wii U so you buy some of the older games first. It would be nice if they had N64/Gamecube games like promised. This area could be improved.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

if you transfered your games to wiiU...then if you want to play it on the gamepad...they give you a discount on games you already bought on the wii.

i agree nintendo is being a bit greedy with this situation though.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4  Edited By Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

I would have preferred that the Wii Virtual console library was just transferred to the Wii U Virtual Console in one shot so that it would have been ready on Launch day back in November 18th 2014. Given that the Wii U is Nintendo's first console in HD. Transferring the legacy games of the NES,SNES,N64,shouldn't matter since they were never in HD to begin with.

Instead Nintendo is starting over releasing a few games each month with Mii verse sopport? Is that really worth the effort?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@Megavideogamer said:

I would have preferred that the Wii Virtual console library was just transferred to the Wii U Virtual Console in one shot so that it would have been ready on Launch day back in November 18th 2014. Given that the Wii U is Nintendo's first console in HD. Transferring the legacy games of the NES,SNES,N64,shouldn't matter since they were never in HD to begin with.

Instead Nintendo is starting over releasing a few games each month with Mii verse sopport? Is that really worth the effort?

and they sort of justify this by releasing games that were never released on the wii. games like earthbound and golf on the nes.

like they were holding back games from the wii vc for the wiiU to justify rereleasing everything..

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

I just wish Nintendo would put more eshop titles on sale. The full price they are charging for these titles is really steep when you consider how old they are and how they cost about as much as new indie titles.