Wii U To Support TWO Tablet Controllers- Reports.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 0

#1 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-08-wii-u-to-support-two-tablet-controllers-report

http://www.1up.com/news/wii-u-support-two-tablet-controllers

http://www.develop-online.net/news/39077/Nintendo-working-on-Wii-U-support-for-two-tablets

http://techcrunch.com/2011/11/08/nintendo-may-enable-two-wii-u-controllers-at-once-after-all/

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/325484/nintendo-making-wii-u-turn-on-multiple-tablet-controllers-claims-report/

Blasted hyperlinks and Gamespot. :x Apologies.

There are mixed reports though. Some claim it IS happening. Others sources claim Nintendo is considering. Here are some links. Read through them. Notable differences but all with the topic of going with 2 of these controllers being supported (if you want to call them tablet.)

Now there are 3 things that are up in the air. The first is the number of tablet controllers the Wii U is supporting. The other two are the processing speed and the amount of RAM (random access memory).

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
I don't think technical issues were ever the biggest problem when it came to these controllers. Even if it could only be used for certain games, with certain features and such. I figured they would be able to come up with a means for multiple controllers to be used. I think the big issue is still pricing, I mean they may make it so that you can say take your controller to a friends house and use it. But still no guarantee they will sell it, because of how much they may cost to produce.
Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#3 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
part of the problem might be that they don't want the wiimotes to just be abandoned
Avatar image for MonteCarloLS910
MonteCarloLS910

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 MonteCarloLS910
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

If they can get the WiiU to work with more than 1 tablet controller day one buy for me and I don't care about controller pricing as long as its reasonable.

kungfool69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kungfool69
Member since 2006 • 2584 Posts
One must be packed in as standard with it on launch or it'll turn into micrOsofts hard drive issue, making installs optional and not mandatory
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

part of the problem might be that they don't want the wiimotes to just be abandonedGunSmith1_basic

I think thats the biggest issue here.

SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts
I am seriously concerned that they might phase out the wiimotes. I'll take a new console with the wiimote over that tablet controller any day. As cool as the tablet controller may seem, the wiimote is just so good for most games it is hard imagining having to play with dual analogs again.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Sepewrath

[QUOTE="GunSmith1_basic"]part of the problem might be that they don't want the wiimotes to just be abandonedgoblaa

I think thats the biggest issue here.

I don't think that's an issue at all. No matter how many controllers the system uses, whether Wiimotes stick around or not is based solely on what developers do with software.
ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
This shouldn't be news, it should already be a fact. Four should be able to work on one Wii to some extent, at least keep the buttons active.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
This shouldn't be news, it should already be a fact. Four should be able to work on one Wii to some extent, at least keep the buttons active.ZumaJones07
I agree with this. They need 4 tablets to work with the system in order for the tablet to be taken seriously. If not then they should just update the WiiMotes.
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
One per system was ridiculous. Though 2 isn't that much of an improvement. Some other type of controller had better be packed in the box for 4 player rmuliplay.
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#12 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
I have a hunch that suggests many here are intentionally setting themselves up for disappointment, both here and else where.
ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
I have a hunch that suggests many here are intentionally setting themselves up for disappointment, both here and else where.wiifan001
Like releasing a second joystick peripheral for a device that should have had one since the beginning?
almossbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 almossbb
Member since 2008 • 1979 Posts

well, 2 is better than one, but i dunno. i honestly dont know what to think of the wiiu anymore. its pretty awkward to me. ive never felt like this about a new nintendo console before, i remember being so exited for the revolution/wii

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

This sounds good, but I hope they don't cut out features so it can run with 2 tablets...meaning you could have done more with or have better features with 1 tablet controller as oppose to 2.

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#16 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

I think it is vital for the system, from a perspective of possible gameplay solutions, that there be support for two tablets. So I take it as kind of a given that in the end there will be two tablets.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Sepewrath

This sounds good, but I hope they don't cut out features so it can run with 2 tablets...meaning you could have done more with or have better features with 1 tablet controller as oppose to 2.

superbuuman
I think that will depend on the software. Its no different than the 3DS, its capable of more if you skip the 3D, it'll be the same here likely.
Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

I would hope that 2 is the minimum for the Wii U. 4 would be great. However I dont think the Wii Mote should be just forgotten about. especially with Wii Motion Plus and all. Would be nice if the Wii U supported 4 tablet controllers and you could chose if you wanted to use it or the Wiimote. I dont think thetablets will be to pricy....cheaper then say an Xbox controller. Proabbly about $25 a tablet is my guess. Nintendo has never been the type to be expensive. They will even take a hit and loose money if they want to like with the 3DS.

BluesKing527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BluesKing527
Member since 2009 • 441 Posts
If they only support 2 controls I won't mind because I only play with my brother or by myself.
Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts

I dont think thetablets will be to pricy....cheaper then say an Xbox controller. Proabbly about $25 a tablet is my guess. Nintendo has never been the type to be expensive. They will even take a hit and loose money if they want to like with the 3DS.

Master_Of_Fools

Wii Remotes are still going for $40 here. To think that the Wii Tablet, with all of the tech that's trying to be crammed into it, is going to go for $25 is a little... imaginative.

As for the topic itself, here I was thinking that Kinect only supporting two players was a bad sign...

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

[QUOTE="Master_Of_Fools"]

I dont think thetablets will be to pricy....cheaper then say an Xbox controller. Proabbly about $25 a tablet is my guess. Nintendo has never been the type to be expensive. They will even take a hit and loose money if they want to like with the 3DS.

Madmangamer364

Wii Remotes are still going for $40 here. To think that the Wii Tablet, with all of the tech that's trying to be crammed into it, is going to go for $25 is a little... imaginative.

As for the topic itself, here I was thinking that Kinect only supporting two players was a bad sign...

But Wii U always supported 5 players now it will support 6 players. (2 tablets and 4 Wii Remote Plus controllers)

Kinect only supports two players at a time. Wii U always supported 5 players 1 Tablet and 4 Wii Remote Pluses. Now it will support 6 players.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts

[QUOTE="Madmangamer364"]

[QUOTE="Master_Of_Fools"]

Nintendo_Ownes7

But Wii U always supported 5 players now it will support 6 players. (2 tablets and 4 Wii Remote Plus controllers)

Kinect only supports two players at a time. Wii U always supported 5 players 1 Tablet and 4 Wii Remote Pluses. Now it will support 6 players.

There has been no confirmation that WiiMotes will be packaged with the WiiU. 6 player multiplayer is a pipe dream at this point. But it would be very cool.
Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

I don't understand why people think the controllers will retail for more than $49.99

They won't. Nintendo won't make a super expensive controller like that. Especially after the over-pricing of the 3DS.

Look, the controller is just a shell, buttons and a 854x480 screen with WiFi and touch abilities. None of these things cost much, and you've got to consider they are buying in bulk with massive discounts. At the worst a controller is $59.

I'm willing to bet $299 the console with one controller and a wiimote + nunchuck

dontshackzmii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 dontshackzmii
Member since 2009 • 6026 Posts

would be pretty hard to run 5 screens at once for the gpu.

FPS1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#25 FPS1337
Member since 2009 • 2519 Posts
They should have the ability to have four on one console. Like what happens to all the four player split screen or co-op games, do 3 have to use Wii mtoes. Like it wouldn't be fair to have 3 people use wii motes and one use a tablet, like I guess the classic controller could mostly replicate the controller, but I think that 4 tablets should be supported, the problem is that the controller will more then likely be very expensive which may cause some issues since people probably can't afford very many extra ones and a classic controller would be a much cheaper option. Having the Wii-U support 4 tablets might be pointless due to that not very many people even need 4 controllers, having 4 tablets is even more of a stretch since it will be a lot more expensive then a standard controller.
stizz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 stizz-
Member since 2011 • 728 Posts

E3 2012 can't come soon enough. The speculation surrounding this system is confusing.