Wii U ran out of preordering!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

newown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 newown
Member since 2005 • 1427 Posts
Hello, I wonder why I can't find any online website to preorder the Wii U :/ is there any? I really want to buy the black premium Wii U. Thanks,
Vickman178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Vickman178
Member since 2011 • 866 Posts

Have you been away for awhile? Because its been sold out for like a a month and a half now :\

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
You missed walmarts layaway preorders too by a couple weeks. I guess target has preorder cards about last week but they may be gone now too.
roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts
Has there ever been a console launch in the "modern-era" that didn't run out of stock at launch and become difficult to find? I'm willing to bet whenever shelves are re-stocked the WiiU will sell out quick like the Wii did. Part of me feels this was a strategy of Nintendo when the Wii came out. By keeping supplies low it made it look like the system was selling out faster than they could make them.
newown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 newown
Member since 2005 • 1427 Posts
My bad ;/ I was like no pokemon launch title = no buy.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

My bad ;/ I was like no pokemon launch title = no buy.newown

So in other words you've never bought a Nintendo console.

Well I guess you wont ever be buying one so it doesn't really matter when they're available.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

You can still pre-order the Black Wii U Premium... in the UK :P

http://www.game.co.uk/en/black-wii-u-premium-console-186643?pageSize=20&categoryIdentifier=233218

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jaysonguy

You can still pre-order the Black Wii U Premium... in the UK :P

http://www.game.co.uk/en/black-wii-u-premium-console-186643?pageSize=20&categoryIdentifier=233218

gameofthering

That's ok, he just found out that Nintendo isn't launching with Pokemon so he's all set.

Avatar image for TwighlightBlade
TwighlightBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TwighlightBlade
Member since 2012 • 872 Posts
[QUOTE="newown"]Hello, I wonder why I can't find any online website to preorder the Wii U :/ is there any? I really want to buy the black premium Wii U. Thanks,

In the US? Walmart still has a few, but you have buy their bundle that include an other game and pro controller. That's what my family did.
Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

My Target has just gotten the Wii u Demo unit and they told me that was when they were getting the preorder cards too, so later today I'll be heading over there to preorder one.

jeffster85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jeffster85
Member since 2010 • 2286 Posts

[QUOTE="newown"]My bad ;/ I was like no pokemon launch title = no buy.Jaysonguy

So in other words you've never bought a Nintendo console.

Well I guess you wont ever be buying one so it doesn't really matter when they're available.

i liked pokemon xd on the cube a lot ;) better imo than any of the gameboy/DS ones.
Vickman178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Vickman178
Member since 2011 • 866 Posts

Has there ever been a console launch in the "modern-era" that didn't run out of stock at launch and become difficult to find? I'm willing to bet whenever shelves are re-stocked the WiiU will sell out quick like the Wii did. Part of me feels this was a strategy of Nintendo when the Wii came out. By keeping supplies low it made it look like the system was selling out faster than they could make them. roboccs

No it wasn't done on purpose, they kept stock low because of what happened with the Gamecube where they had too many lying around in the warehouses and had to stop production in 2003. And then once the initial Wii"s sold out they couldn't keep up with demand.

They're probably playing it safe again. There also having manufacting problems though.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#13 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

yes there was a console actually 3 since gen 6- gamecube xbox ps3 then 3ds 3dsxl dsi those all did not sell out at launch 3ds did manage to sell out in a few days but not the same day or months prior infact no console sold out months prior to release this is the first one

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

I am tempted to buy one at launch as well, but it looks likethat time has past :(. I wonder how hard it will be to get after launch.

jeffster85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jeffster85

I am tempted to buy one at launch as well, but it looks likethat time has past :(. I wonder how hard it will be to get after launch.

NaveedLife
if amazon ever decides to list them, you can preorder from them ;)
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

jeffster85

Oh, I figured they had listed them and are now out, but they never listed them? That would be great if they did. I love Amazon.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
My target still has preorder cards for regular and deluxe wiius. Its just 5 bucks down. They also added Lego City and it includes a mini figure on the preorder card so thats not bad for 1 dollar even if you dont pick up the game lol.
jeffster85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jeffster85

[QUOTE="jeffster85"][QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

NaveedLife

Oh, I figured they had listed them and are now out, but they never listed them? That would be great if they did. I love Amazon.

i'm fairly certain they never did. but i have a feeling they won't, so don't hold out hope if another place starts taking more orders or something.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="jeffster85"][QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

NaveedLife

Amazon doesn't sell Nintendo hardware anymore.

The company got screwed over by Nintendo and their lies and now they just don't have that kind of relationship anymore, it's software only.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="jeffster85"] if amazon ever decides to list them, you can preorder from them ;)Jaysonguy

The company got screwed over by Nintendo and their lies and now they just don't have that kind of relationship anymore, it's software only.

Just the US Amazon that doesn't sell them?

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="jeffster85"] if amazon ever decides to list them, you can preorder from them ;)Jaysonguy

what happened between them anyway? I missed the news on that.

It appears that Nintendo and Amazon have since squashed the beef between the two and now Amazon is back selling Nintendo hardware:

Nintendo and Amazon dispute over

jeffster85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jeffster85

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

nini200

It appears that Nintendo and Amazon have since squashed the beef between the two and now Amazon is back selling Nintendo hardware:

something about the 3DS. i can't recall what it was, specifically.
jeffster85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jeffster85
i wonder if maybe nintendo's pulling something against amazon now, not giving them any preorders?
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
[QUOTE="nini200"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

jeffster85

Ah I see. Well they're back selling it now so I guess the dispute is over.
ZamboniGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ZamboniGamer
Member since 2011 • 530 Posts

[QUOTE="jeffster85"][QUOTE="nini200"] what happened between them anyway? I missed the news on that.

nini200

Ah I see. Well they're back selling it now so I guess the dispute is over.

Sort of.......Amzon is fulfilling orders for other comapnies. They aren't directly selling any Nintendo hardware.

sum_guy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 sum_guy09
Member since 2011 • 668 Posts

despite what anybodys says u still might be able to get 1 preordered via layaway at certain walmarts.. u have to go there in person. i'd try at least 3 walmarts before giving up. just last week somebody working there told me they were still doing the layaways

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Jaysonguy

despite what anybodys says u still might be able to get 1 preordered via layaway at certain walmarts.. u have to go there in person. i'd try at least 3 walmarts before giving up. just last week somebody working there told me they were still doing the layaways

sum_guy09

Walmart stores have reached their quota and they're locked in, anyone who says they can still preorder is wrong

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 NaveedLife

I probably should wait to buy one anyway, but I am just so darn tempted right now. Unfortunatley it isnt even an option anymore :P

sum_guy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 sum_guy09
Member since 2011 • 668 Posts

[QUOTE="sum_guy09"]

Jaysonguy

Walmart stores have reached their quota and they're locked in, anyone who says they can still preorder is wrong

well unless that happened in the last week then that may or may not be true. i don't think the guy working at walmart would have told me that if it wasn't true. i was able to get mind preordered pretty recently too, about 2 weeks ago. i just don't think its right to to be giving ppl the impression that they should give up all hope when thats simply not the case.. its still worth a try. u may even be able to get 1 w/out a preorder.. if anybody doesn't show up for the day its released then their preorder goes to first come first serve if it hasn't already been paid in full which is usually the case for layaways which is why they do it in the first place.