Wii Boxing with 2 wiimotes + motion plus

This topic is locked from further discussion.

robtyketto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 robtyketto
Member since 2009 • 28 Posts
Do you think it's viable to produce a boxing title that can ONLY use 2 wiimotes + motion plus? I really like punchout but think the wii with motion plus could make a truly amazing boxing game, especially if it included arcade, mulit-player, story mode and training options. Would you consider it to expensive though if you had to buy all that equipment? So many failed boxing attempts have been released since wii launch, it's about time someone put some effort into one.
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
make it so you can do it either way, tho the 2 wiimotes/M+ would be much better. many people already have 4 wiimotes and will soon be picking up several M+ anyways. more than just boxing could benefit from something like this.
TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TaMuK711
Member since 2009 • 3367 Posts

Yes please! I have been wanting a boxing sim since day 1

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
plus boxing with a cable is very restricted (for me anyways)
robtyketto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 robtyketto
Member since 2009 • 28 Posts
I have a feeling EA will make one soon. I'm more of a casual gamer, hate that expression but since my days of gaming since 8bit/16bits computers and well most consoles upto ps2 I just want a few good sporting games to keep me happy. Im not bothered about Mario or Zelda. Though No more heros 2/red steel 2, gladiators A.D, conduit, grinder I could play. Wii should be ideal for majorty of sports such as boxing, the early tennis game reviews look good all I want now is a good badminton/squash game, maybe basketball too if wii sports resort game is enjoyable and I'm happy.
NathalieBayeu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 NathalieBayeu
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
It is the perfect choice for wii. 2nd wiimote is optional, as the game should include on-line play. And there should be balance board compatibility. Waiting for a motion + mini golf game, volleyball, squash, table tennis (rockstar's upgraded version and not just the '6 points auto move' resort version), soccer (PES combined with NHL 2K10 perspective), basketball, field hockey, etc etc. And no more Mii's, on-line play included! But what do we hear? Mario and Sonic at the Winter games will not support Motion Plus so as to keep "the game accessible to everyone". It feels like the exclusion of motion plus (and waiting till sales of PS3-XBOX start catching up to release the M+ add-on) has been a strategy straight from the beginning.
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#7 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
Do you think it's viable to produce a boxing title that can ONLY use 2 wiimotes + motion plus? I really like punchout but think the wii with motion plus could make a truly amazing boxing game, especially if it included arcade, mulit-player, story mode and training options. Would you consider it to expensive though if you had to buy all that equipment? So many failed boxing attempts have been released since wii launch, it's about time someone put some effort into one.robtyketto
You consider Punch-Out a failed boxing attempt?