Who else here hates The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

• 92 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Spectrobal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Spectrobal
Member since 2007 • 143 Posts
This is the worst Zelda game. Do I really need to explain why.
_Pinbot_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 _Pinbot_
Member since 2008 • 1062 Posts
Count my vote. The game was far too easy and repetitive. Plus, the touch screen only controls were a real letdown for me. If they included use of the D-Pad and buttons as another control method then the game would have been a little bit better.
Avatar image for Master-Thief-09
Master-Thief-09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#3 Master-Thief-09
Member since 2009 • 2534 Posts
Good DS game, but just an okay Zelda game.
Screamteam411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Screamteam411
Member since 2003 • 1087 Posts
Definitely on the low end for Zelda games. Still a great game though. It's nice to see Nintendo shake things up once in a while, since they don't often do. I just wish the game was a bit harder and didn't have that damn temple we had to visit every 15 minutes.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

One of the best Zelda games and cleaned the taste out of my mouth after that Twilight Princess debacle

It's nice to see things are back on track at least for the DS versions

PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts
It's one of the best DS games and one of the best Zelda games. The only problem with it is that you have to do the Ocean King temple about 100 times. That got very old.
MrDziekuje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#7 MrDziekuje
Member since 2004 • 7730 Posts

I didn't hate PH but it's definitely one of the worst Zelda's (excluding the CD-I blunders). It was basically Wind Waker with everything downsized. Shorter game in a smaller world. Unacceptable. Linebeck was the only new character who anyone should give a damn about. And the final boss? The worst in any Zelda game ever. When you fight Ganondorf in OoT or Majora in MM, you really want to take those SOBs out. There's lots of development that makes them seem like evil masterminds, these guys need to be taken out. There's not only tension between Link and the bad guy, but the gamer and the bad guy as well. What do we know about PH's Bellum? Nothing. We don't see him until we need to kill him, so we go through the game with a mystery evil tyrant. And then he turns out to just some big blob that you need to shoot in the eye. And even after we kill him, we don't know much about him. He's just evil and wants to rule the seas. He's just a normal boss thrown into the big man's spot.

Now that's not to say it was a bad game. I still enjoyed it and it was worth the money, but as far as Zelda games go, it's low on the scale.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

It's one of the best DS games and one of the best Zelda games. The only problem with it is that you have to do the Ocean King temple about 100 times. That got very old.PlasmaBeam44

For me I could see the temple either being loved or hated

For the people who love to get a high score or better their time I can see them loving it (as I did) because you always were building on what you did previously trying to better your time. You had to do each repeated level better so you had extra time to navigate the new areas.

For the people who just like once and forget it I can see it making them tire real quick of the same thing over and over and over

blankshore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#9 blankshore
Member since 2008 • 1809 Posts

This is the worst Zelda game. Do I really need to explain why.Spectrobal

Yes I think you do. This is a brilliant game by any standard. It used the DS hardware to the fullest, and its probably the most fun I've ever had on the ds. It wasn't particularly challenging, but it was fun and it had an interesting story. I also think that the note-taking ability is the best addition to the Zelda series since the targeting system. I don't understand why people don't like the controls- they're great! Accurate, easy to use, FUN- I mean if you don't like them that's your choice but I just get the feeling that people were to just too lazy to even give 'em a chance. D-pad controls would completly destroy the game.

RPGfan5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RPGfan5
Member since 2009 • 144 Posts

I haven't played most of the Zelda games, but I thought this was one of the best ds games so far.

brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 brandontwb
Member since 2008 • 4325 Posts
I thought it was great like all other Zelda games.
Avatar image for usesknifeonline
usesknifeonline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 usesknifeonline
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Sure it was a letdown but imo a great game still
Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
It's a great game.Disappointing or not,that's one thing I can't deny.
msharki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#14 msharki
Member since 2007 • 1011 Posts
After playing it for two hours I took it back to Gamestop. I've only played a few Zelda titles, but this one was too boring and too cartoony.
Avatar image for RandomWarrior69
RandomWarrior69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#15 RandomWarrior69
Member since 2007 • 1649 Posts
I hated it. It was soooooo boring IMO and I think it could have been much better.
Avatar image for Moonknight_1209
Moonknight_1209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Moonknight_1209
Member since 2008 • 369 Posts
Good DS game, but just an okay Zelda game.Master-Thief-09
couldnt agree more
nicknees93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 nicknees93
Member since 2005 • 3250 Posts
i love the game. it is slightly repetative with the temple of the ocean king but other than that its awesome!
chinygurl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 chinygurl
Member since 2008 • 623 Posts
I didn't like it either and this was my first Zelda game. It was really easy and boring.
Biancanello2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Biancanello2
Member since 2008 • 137 Posts
Well, it's the only Zelda game that I have, so I can't say that it's my least favorite Zelda...it's good and bad. Some of the parts were fun, but other parts were repetative. And then there were those parts that ticked me off because I couldn't get them (I played the game when I was 10). So, depending on how you look at it, it could go either way. But who gets technical when it comes to games anyways?
yakk_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 yakk_3
Member since 2005 • 1442 Posts
I thought it was pretty great. Not great in the history of Zelda titles, but a great game nonetheless.
yakk_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 yakk_3
Member since 2005 • 1442 Posts
Well, it's the only Zelda game that I have, so I can't say that it's my least favorite Zelda...it's good and bad. Some of the parts were fun, but other parts were repetative. And then there were those parts that ticked me off because I couldn't get them (I played the game when I was 10). So, depending on how you look at it, it could go either way. But who gets technical when it comes to games anyways?Biancanello2
An 11 year old! On teh internet!? Leave, before you are corrupted by failure and envy and hate.
MrDziekuje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#22 MrDziekuje
Member since 2004 • 7730 Posts

[QUOTE="Biancanello2"]Well, it's the only Zelda game that I have, so I can't say that it's my least favorite Zelda...it's good and bad. Some of the parts were fun, but other parts were repetative. And then there were those parts that ticked me off because I couldn't get them (I played the game when I was 10). So, depending on how you look at it, it could go either way. But who gets technical when it comes to games anyways?yakk_3
An 11 year old! On teh internet!? Leave, before you are corrupted by failure and envy and hate.

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger, says I.

yayyfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 yayyfood
Member since 2007 • 213 Posts
i hated the online. mainly cuz i sucked at it :P. but the game itself wasnt horrible. not the best zelda game but certainly not terrible.
awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

Nay!

I beat it in Japanese, before it came here. Right now I am playing it again. The only thing I dislike is the sailing, which doesn't take that long.
Call me crazy but I like how it makes you do the Temple of the Ocean King over and over again...

manhunt92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#25 manhunt92
Member since 2007 • 291 Posts

[QUOTE="Spectrobal"]This is the worst Zelda game. Do I really need to explain why.blankshore

Yes I think you do. This is a brilliant game by any standard. It used the DS hardware to the fullest, and its probably the most fun I've ever had on the ds. It wasn't particularly challenging, but it was fun and it had an interesting story. I also think that the note-taking ability is the best addition to the Zelda series since the targeting system. I don't understand why people don't like the controls- they're great! Accurate, easy to use, FUN- I mean if you don't like them that's your choice but I just get the feeling that people were to just too lazy to even give 'em a chance. D-pad controls would completly destroy the game.

agree, Nintendo couldn't just put a classic control option because then everyone would rather pick that than the touch-mode. I myself didn't liked the controls so much at first, but then I saw how I was wrong and ended loving them. Definitely a great and UNIQUE Zelda and easily between the 3 best DS games
Lucarioboyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#26 Lucarioboyx
Member since 2008 • 150 Posts
This game was the BOMB!!!!!
manhunter92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#27 manhunter92
Member since 2008 • 259 Posts
This is my opinion but I actually hate Zelda games all together.
Avatar image for Master-Thief-09
Master-Thief-09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Master-Thief-09
Member since 2009 • 2534 Posts
This is my opinion but I actually hate Zelda games all together. manhunter92
Your opinion is wrong.
Supabul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 Supabul
Member since 2004 • 4266 Posts
I love all the zelda games at least nintendo can make games with brillant gameplay and puzzles.
Im_single

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Im_single
Member since 2008 • 5134 Posts
Only Zelda game I started and never completed. Temple of the ocean king ruined that game.
evrdayblues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#31 evrdayblues
Member since 2005 • 512 Posts
I think "hate" is a strong word... It's just a game, how can it be the target of hatred? If you don't like, you don't play Hatred leads nowhere. The game itself is a fun, high quality DS game, most gamers agree. /thread
PrivateJessard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#32 PrivateJessard
Member since 2005 • 1257 Posts
if you beat it you will understand how amazing it is. wind waker is like my favorite game so i love phantom hourglass alot too.
meiaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#33 meiaman
Member since 2006 • 3300 Posts
[QUOTE="evrdayblues"]I think "hate" is a strong word... It's just a game, how can it be the target of hatred? If you don't like, you don't play Hatred leads nowhere. The game itself is a fun, high quality DS game, most gamers agree. /thread

Because game cards emanates dark energies of hatred and corruptions. Therefore, game cards must be banished from this world, before they doom us all in a world of chaos. ...... Oh, i forgot to take my medicine today.
forgot_it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 forgot_it
Member since 2004 • 6756 Posts
Only Zelda game I started and never completed. Temple of the ocean king ruined that game.Im_single
But the ending was really good :( I for one was pretty happy when I played it, even though it had it's problems and could have been a lot better, I was so glad they decided to shake things up. I'm still a bit annoyed that they insist on using the "three dungeon, plot twist, more dungeons" mechanics though. I hope they continue in the direction of Phantom Hourglass by fixing all the little problems with the game and then shaking it up even more to deliver an even better experience.
Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#35 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

[QUOTE="Im_single"]Only Zelda game I started and never completed. Temple of the ocean king ruined that game.forgot_it
But the ending was really good :( I for one was pretty happy when I played it, even though it had it's problems and could have been a lot better, I was so glad they decided to shake things up. I'm still a bit annoyed that they insist on using the "three dungeon, plot twist, more dungeons" mechanics though. I hope they continue in the direction of Phantom Hourglass by fixing all the little problems with the game and then shaking it up even more to deliver an even better experience.

What was so great about the ending? The sailing and the Temple of the Ocean king did hurt the game quite a lot for me, but the touch controls and map drawing mechanics and puzzles were nothing short of genius. Wind Waker is my favourite Zelda, but Phantom Hourglass is a disapointing Zelda game as a whole.

Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Minish Cap, Oracle of Seasons/Ages, Link's Awakening, and A Link to the Past are all better Zelda games.

forgot_it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 forgot_it
Member since 2004 • 6756 Posts

What was so great about the ending? The sailing and the Temple of the Ocean king did hurt the game quite a lot for me, but the touch controls and map drawing mechanics and puzzles were nothing short of genius. Wind Waker is my favourite Zelda, but Phantom Hourglass is a disapointing Zelda game as a whole.

Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Minish Cap, Oracle of Seasons/Ages, Link's Awakening, and A Link to the Past are all better Zelda games.

Pikminmaniac

It was just a charming game overall with a charming ending. I agree that it may not have been the best when it came to a Zelda experience but I'm still supportive of Nintendo deciding to take it into a new direction.

Hagane1340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Hagane1340
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Meh. It wasn't Ocarina of Time, but then again it wasn't Zelda II either.

I really hated going back to the temple every ten minutes, as well as the pointless run-ins with Jolene.

Overall, it was a good DS game, but not as much a good Zelda game.

The touch screen controls were nice, and I wish the sailing system would have been more of a free-roam Wind Waker type as opposed to drawing on the touch screen every time you wanted to make a different turn.

I also wasn't fond of the lack of character development in Bellum. He was not exactly an iconic villian like Ganon, Bowser, or the like.

lucifer3999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#38 lucifer3999
Member since 2005 • 2319 Posts
it was a charming little DS game with fantastic controls. i could understand someone not like the art style much but there's not enough wrong with the game to say that you flat out hate the game...elf bowling is a game i can hate but thats 'cause the game blows
Enman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Enman1
Member since 2007 • 197 Posts
It's one of the best DS games and one of the best Zelda games. The only problem with it is that you have to do the Ocean King temple about 100 times. That got very old.PlasmaBeam44
I agree
zobi123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#40 zobi123
Member since 2008 • 344 Posts

This is the worst Zelda game. Do I really need to explain why.Spectrobal

i agree

brokenfetus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 brokenfetus
Member since 2004 • 422 Posts
I agree. The game sucked really bad.
SUPA_GLUSTEE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SUPA_GLUSTEE
Member since 2008 • 958 Posts

this

chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 chefstubbies
Member since 2007 • 2583 Posts

The controls I liked. Everything else in the Phantom Hourglass was a steaming dung heap. As if Twilight Princess wasn't a big enough disappointment, they had to lower the bar even more with the Phantom Hourglass.

It's unfortunate as far as I'm concerned, that Zelda games used to have a very addictive level of gameplay, and now they have become a chore to play.

Keep up the stellar work Nintendo...

soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 soulless4now
Member since 2003 • 41388 Posts
I've only played a little of it and got bored easily.
ToomuchTactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ToomuchTactics
Member since 2008 • 66 Posts
worst Zelda for me but a very good DS game
Shy_Guy_Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#46 Shy_Guy_Red
Member since 2006 • 17138 Posts

Easily the best DS game and one of the best Zelda games I've ever olayed.

Like Jaysonguy said, after TP which was almost a disgrace to Zelda we got this wonderful gem that just made everything for Zelda good again.

mijahi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 mijahi
Member since 2009 • 895 Posts
Good or bad, I still need to get it...cause it's Zelda!
BigBen11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 BigBen11111
Member since 2003 • 1529 Posts
It was a nice little game.
blackrytonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#49 blackrytonite
Member since 2006 • 17172 Posts
Temple of the Ocean King reaaaaaally tested my patience and brought down the game as a whole. I still enjoyed the game, however.
Zelda_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Zelda_89
Member since 2009 • 410 Posts
Phantom Hourglass is by far the worst Zelda game so far.. but i don't hate it