Who cares if Dead Space is on-rails?!?!? Big Woop!

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

livinitup01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 livinitup01
Member since 2004 • 1245 Posts

Ok, I didn't care that much that it wasn't a 3rd person shooter, even though that's what I wanted. When I saw the trailer I knew they weren't joking about Wii support. I didn't expect everyone to react this way though. It's ridiculous the way some of you guys are acting. You guys think that just because HOTD just came out that the Wii can't take any more on-rails shooters. The game looks excellent from the trailer and they are putting a lot of time in it.

Right now 3rd person shooters are bigger budget titles which will have development cycles of 1.5 years min. RE4 took more than 2 years to make and I'm sure Dead Space took longer too. EA is losing cash people and we're still in a recession. EA can't afford to do too many big budget projects that take a long time when they need money now. Why have a 2 year project when the economy is in a state where people don't know how much longer they're going to have their job? I understand why they're doing what they're doing even though I know we all wanted to get a 3rd person shooter or at least a FPS but EA doesn't have that kind of time. The game will be out by the Fall so I'm sure the game will be even more appealing in the future. It still has my support and I'm glad they're not giving us a watered-down port that looks ugly like Dead Rising.

Chojuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Chojuto
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
While I am disappointed with the change to on-rails, I agree with you that the trailer did look friggin awesome.
alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 alexh_99
Member since 2007 • 5378 Posts

It went from me being really excited about it all the way down to "meh".

I just don't like on-rail shooters that much. So i am probably not going to be purchasing it

bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 bob_newman
Member since 2006 • 8133 Posts

Wii owners thought they were getting something to be proud of (ie, exactly what the "others" got), but were let down by the direction the developers chose to take the series on the Wii.

Honestly though, people are overreacting way too much. We know little to nothing about the game so far, and for all we know it could be a completely new take on the on-rails genre.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if the game turned out to be great, and unlike most people on the boards, I'm still looking forward to seeing how the game develops over time.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts
Who cares? Not me. It's EA.
Pesantez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Pesantez
Member since 2008 • 773 Posts

Why all the rage for third person shooters nowadays? FPSes are better anyway.

On Topic, the game looks interesting. But it is something that i can definetly pass up

black_ice23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 black_ice23
Member since 2003 • 1288 Posts
ill accept it but it feels dumbed down, like Wii owners can't be trusted with a FPS , its like ok we are giving you a shooter but it feels like when in doubt instead of making a full fledged game we put in on rails, it just feels lazy but ill wait til i play and reviews to give a verdict
despa1r_fact0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#8 despa1r_fact0r
Member since 2008 • 24611 Posts
I like On-Rail shooters, so I'm looking forward to this game
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

No, I'm done making excuses for developers pulling this **** on wii owners where they would never pull it on the other consoles. I don't consider a rail shooter as EA taking the wii seriously, how can I? They tell us Dead Space is coming to the wii, I expected a 3rd person game, they give me this? Why should I accpet this, people keep making excuses for devs who do this and its ridiculous, Capcom, Konami with Castlevania Judgement I mean come on. The fact of the matter is that I know that EA looked at the Wii and thought, "lets turn this into a more casual friendly easier affair because its a wii game". Good game or not, I'm not going to cut EA any slack, this is utter bull and I hope this game bombs. This is coming from someone who is constantly pissed when devs close and good games get crap sales but I'm done defending these type of actions. For shame EA.

CapedCod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 CapedCod
Member since 2004 • 148 Posts

It just pisses me off that all the fanboys are discounting it already. I, personally, probably won't buy it, and I never played the original, just because it's not the sort of thing I'm into, but jeez, give it a minute. Like you said, we know very little about it, and EA might just be swinging towards the fences and blow everyone away with it.

Yes, Nintendo right now is incredibly gimmicky; but they're learning from their mistakes and changing things up.

Kcdragon8116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#11 Kcdragon8116
Member since 2008 • 1300 Posts
[QUOTE="alexh_99"]

It went from me being really excited about it all the way down to "meh".

I just don't like on-rail shooters that much. So i am probably not going to be purchasing it

Exactly my reasoning. I just don't like the genre, so the announcement that it would be a on-the-rails shooter confirmed that I would not be purchasing it.
Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

I'm hopefull for the title. The way they word it to IGN makes one think that they're going to take the "on rails" genre to a new level. I haven't watched the clip so who knows...but I'm hopeful for the title. It is a little upsetting, but it's all good...if it turns out good.

Lonnie2Hottie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Lonnie2Hottie
Member since 2005 • 933 Posts
I actually really enjoy on-rails shooters so I am more interested in this game now. Hooray for me!
jmangafan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jmangafan
Member since 2004 • 1933 Posts

It honestly doesn''t bother me that its an on rails game, I already have Dead Space on the PS3, and I want more, not a retread of the same game. I'm just happy its a brand new story with new characters.

I find it funny that so many were crying foul at Dead Space Wii because they assumed it was just going to be a watered down port, but now that its announced as a brand new experience, they wish it was still a 3rd person shooter.

Oh, and to the person that said RE4 was a 2 year game. To give you some perspective on exactly how long they were working on RE4, Devil May Cry 1 was initially concieved as RE4.

Nerd_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Nerd_Man
Member since 2007 • 13819 Posts

So will this be a completely new Dead Space? Cause the areas I saw in the trailer wasn't even in the first game.

I think this will be interesting if it's a new chapter built from the ground up, than just trying to port the awesome original over to the Wii. Many people did say how this could be the start of a wonderful horror franchise, maybe this will be different.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#16 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
hmmmm..... now I'm actually interested. It was basically on rails as it was though.
Avatar image for deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
Member since 2004 • 16051 Posts
like many had said it look good... but I`m not fan of rails-on. I do enjoy HotD and I got REC (but taht one is bc I`m RE crazy fan). But I would have like a adventure game. i just do not enjoy much the fact that is a predetermine path.. There is not much run for you to explore and make mistake, unless that mean no braking something bf the camara change view. Anyway, the fact that is a new story may get this game some points.. at least for me. enjoy gaming
maxgil2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 maxgil2
Member since 2004 • 785 Posts
Im getting it :)
PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts
I have hopes for it.
livinitup01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 livinitup01
Who knows guys, this could just be a water-tester for the Dead Space franchise. Some of you may think that developers won't need to do water testers with Wii success games like RE4: Wii Edition but every franchise is different. Who knows, if this game does well then maybe we'll get a bigger budget title in the future. EA is just trying to make a quick, well-designed project to test if the Wii audience wants Dead Space games too. I'm just glad to know the entire Dead Space team is working on this title. Remember guys, Nintendo consoles = innovation and creativity. Maybe a Dead Space on-rails first person shooter is what the series needs to make things even scarier. At least give the game a few months.
Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts
Well, i already have the PS3 version, so i am all for a new game on the Wii, not a rehash...so a "on the rails" shooter is more than fine with me.
umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 umcommon
Member since 2007 • 2503 Posts
Who knows guys, this could just be a water-tester for the Dead Space franchise. Some of you may think that developers won't need to do water testers with Wii success games like RE4: Wii Edition but every franchise is different. Who knows, if this game does well then maybe we'll get a bigger budget title in the future. EA is just trying to make a quick, well-designed project to test if the Wii audience wants Dead Space games too. I'm just glad to know the entire Dead Space team is working on this title. Remember guys, Nintendo consoles = innovation and creativity. Maybe a Dead Space on-rails first person shooter is what the series needs to make things even scarier. At least give the game a few months. livinitup01
If someone says "Oh they're just testing the water." again I might break something! Just give me a good TPS game. I came only play RE:4 so many times!
cadtalfryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 cadtalfryn
Member since 2009 • 36 Posts

I was excited for a port of the original Dead Space. I never played it and I only own a Wii.

I was considering purchasing it on PC when I heard about the Wii title. So I'm a little let down its different, but I enjoyed Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles. I'm pretty sure I'll pick this up though, or at least I will follow it and not give it **** before I see where it is going. I don't think lightgun play is a bad genre, just different.

Perhaps the game will control more like Killer 7?

Give it time.

fbigent34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 fbigent34
Member since 2007 • 2389 Posts
livinitup01- they should be glad its not a port i see nothing wrong with on rail shooters people should try the game before calling it off.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#25 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41561 Posts

Actually, it may not be an on rails shooter. From remembering, On-rails shooters were games that were in first person perspective, but automatically moved. EA said in the news that it will have a first person perspective while being married with the motion controls, also adding puzzles. The teaser trailer had elements of almost an on rails shooter, yet again, it's a teaser, they're not always right. So as I was disappointed earlier today that it would be an on rails shooter, doing some more reading on the news says it may not be, but who knows until the later future.

I know one thing now, it's sure not a port.

livinitup01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 livinitup01
Well, EA said it was an on-rails shooter themselves in the IGN article quite a few times. I think that means it's going to be an on-rails shooter :P It's no port, it's been built from the ground up and from what I heard it's been in development for a little more than a year. I wonder how many other hot projects are coming to Wii that we just don't know about yet?
umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 umcommon
Member since 2007 • 2503 Posts
Well, EA said it was an on-rails shooter themselves in the IGN article quite a few times. I think that means it's going to be an on-rails shooter :P It's no port, it's been built from the ground up and from what I heard it's been in development for a little more than a year. I wonder how many other hot projects are coming to Wii that we just don't know about yet?livinitup01
Hot LOL :lol: A hot Wii game coming from EA don't make me laugh.
metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

Everyone wants something "hardcore" and "different" up until they realize it's not mainstream enough for their tastes.

fugwit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 fugwit
Member since 2006 • 494 Posts
[QUOTE="livinitup01"]Well, EA said it was an on-rails shooter themselves in the IGN article quite a few times. I think that means it's going to be an on-rails shooter :P It's no port, it's been built from the ground up and from what I heard it's been in development for a little more than a year. I wonder how many other hot projects are coming to Wii that we just don't know about yet?umcommon
Hot LOL :lol: A hot Wii game coming from EA don't make me laugh.

Godfather: Blackhand edition As for Dead Space is fuss reminds me of the wind waker crap that was around and this time it will be the same result: the fuss is just unwarranted. Ado about nothing
Arc2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Arc2012
Member since 2007 • 1535 Posts

Now let's come out of our tower in the clouds for a minute...

The fact is that some people really wanted this game to be something more. If that was right or wrong is another question. But some of us wanted a game that was at least comprable to Dead Space on the other systems and an on rails shooter just isn't it.

Granted, they might do just a bang up job with this game. That's possible and they should be rewarded with high sales if it happens. But it still isn't what a lot of us were expecting and I don't think anyone can blame us for expecting differently.

Stephleref

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Stephleref
Member since 2009 • 301 Posts

No, I'm done making excuses for developers pulling this **** on wii owners where they would never pull it on the other consoles. I don't consider a rail shooter as EA taking the wii seriously, how can I? They tell us Dead Space is coming to the wii, I expected a 3rd person game, they give me this? Why should I accpet this, people keep making excuses for devs who do this and its ridiculous, Capcom, Konami with Castlevania Judgement I mean come on. The fact of the matter is that I know that EA looked at the Wii and thought, "lets turn this into a more casual friendly easier affair because its a wii game". Good game or not, I'm not going to cut EA any slack, this is utter bull and I hope this game bombs. This is coming from someone who is constantly pissed when devs close and good games get crap sales but I'm done defending these type of actions. For shame EA.

ActicEdge

Sums up my feeling.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

I actually really enjoy on-rails shooters so I am more interested in this game now. Hooray for me!Lonnie2Hottie

I actually agree i'll probably buy both versions if theyre different enough.

starfox15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#33 starfox15
Member since 2006 • 3988 Posts

I was unaware that it was turned into an on-rails experience. If that's the case, then no thank you.

I'd heard good things about the game, and seen that it was a good addition for the other consoles and PC.

I feel that with a little more time and effort, they could make Dead Space just as engaging and fun, including the 3rd person perspective, as the other titles.

I refuse to buy a game that feels somehow stripped merely because EA feels like they can make a quick buck by putting it on the Wii. That's sad and embarrassing. When you do that, gamers take notice. If they, however, make the game as accurate or better than the other versions available, it makes the developer seem more interested in actually developing rather than just diluting what they have to port it. This goes for many games that have come to Wii via porting. Some games are very good, while most others are shoddy and noticeably lacking.

Unless they somehow make the game better by including this into the final build, I'm not buying it. I'd rather go out and get a better rig or a different console and play it that way.

de-file-er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 de-file-er
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
I am slightly disappointed by this news. I was semi-holding off playing this title until the Wii version was released, however now I feel that the pace of the game may be compromised seeing as the other versions do rely considerably on establishing a particular ambience to startle the player and such. I will not lose hope however as I am an avid on-rails shooter game participant. Just merely hoping to see Wii titles that are notable and worth purchasing. Not saying there aren't any just saying...well, you know.
Poshkidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#35 Poshkidney
Member since 2006 • 3803 Posts

we all know the wii can do better than an on rails shooterjust look at the conduit.

The on rail shooter shoud stay in the arcades.

Just because it dosen't have the power of the other three systems, as i do count the pc, dosen't mean it can't rival them, ok its good to take a different apoarch but its not what .people want so i'd people not to buy it and stop buying shovelware made by people with unity on their apple macs.

we all know the wii can do better than these lazy games.

Nomad0404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#36 Nomad0404
Member since 2004 • 1111 Posts

What I am hoping is that it's a FPS with on-rails segments so they can script and control the scary bits.

If it's purely on-rails then they tend to be very short games and I'll be disappointed.

AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#37 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

funny thing for me is that i bought dead space like 2 months ago for ps3 and didnt even played it since , just dont have time for that game because i have more games than free time , but im lookin forward when it comes to playing this game really

regarding deadspace wii - i was happy for the only-wii owners that they finally get something good (havent played my wii aprx. a half year beacuse nothing good was released for me) and then when i read that it will be on rails shooter i just though WTF they cant be serious , that just reminded me of soulcalibur legends , i was so happy hearing SC will come to Wii and then i got a TRASH GAME , but that big dissapointment made me to buy a PS3 and im so happy now i did it .

there are so many good action games on PS3 that i dont even care to play deadspace right now unless i finish Farcry2 , resistance 2 , Fear2 , Gta4 and so on.

I RECOMMEND ALL TO BUY A SECOND CONSOLE BECAUSE OTHERWISE THIS WONT BE YOUR LAST DISAPOINTMENT BY WII (I mean WII downgraded 3rd PARTY multiplatform GAMES)

livinitup01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 livinitup01

I am slightly disappointed by this news. I was semi-holding off playing this title until the Wii version was released, however now I feel that the pace of the game may be compromised seeing as the other versions do rely considerably on establishing a particular ambience to startle the player and such. I will not lose hope however as I am an avid on-rails shooter game participant. Just merely hoping to see Wii titles that are notable and worth purchasing. Not saying there aren't any just saying...well, you know.de-file-er

To be honest, I think that's what a lot of the Wii core gamers want: An excellent game that is different from what we've been given before, a reason for 360/PS3 gamers to give props to Wii and/or something that looks better on Wii that the PS3/360 gamers won't be getting. I am all for these kinds of projects and they need our support. These are the types of projects that the Wii needs and the Gamecube never got.

BTW, I don't defend normally defend developers, just the ones whom I feel are a bit more serious about games. Yeah EA has let us down with quite a few titles but they've done well with others too. Medal of Honors: Heroes 2 was a great job for Wii. If it's a low budget game then don't expect anything amazing, plain and simple. This one is mid-range, it's not low but it's not high either. The truth is 3rd person shooters take a lot longer to make. The Dead Space game on PS3/360 was a 3rd Person shooter so why bring a less powerful 3rd person shooter prequel to Wii??? Makes absolutely no sense. The comparison of bringing RE4 from GC to Wii can't be made cuz the Wii could already handle the game and not much needed to be changed. RE4 was more of an upgrade than a downgrade. I think this will be a good fit for the genre. It will be shorter than the real game but you'll get the story behind the game and it won't take you forever to understand what's going on. On-rails shooters are excellent for telling stories because they're quick, (You can pick up and play whenever and you won't really forget what you're doing) linear and don't waste time delving in things that have nothing to do with the story. HOTD and UC demonstrated this well. I just want to see more on Dead Space Extraction to give it my final judgement.

zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

#39 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts
after hearing about it being on-rails i just fear it will become another umbrella chronicles.
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts
after hearing about it being on-rails i just fear it will become another umbrella chronicles.zarshack
What's to be afraid of? Umbrella Chronicles is a great game and one of the best rail shooters I've ever played. It has an incredible amount of replay value and a perfect change in difficulty from single-player to co-op. The graphics are awesome, the boss fights are beautiful, and the levels hold up very well to the games they're based on. If Dead Space even approaches the quality of Umbrella Chronicles I'll be happy.
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#41 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts
I was expecting it to be a third person action adventure like the one on the other consoles,but since it's on-rails,that fine's with me.
Quofan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#42 Quofan
Member since 2005 • 1606 Posts

[QUOTE="zarshack"]after hearing about it being on-rails i just fear it will become another umbrella chronicles.JordanElek
What's to be afraid of? Umbrella Chronicles is a great game and one of the best rail shooters I've ever played. It has an incredible amount of replay value and a perfect change in difficulty from single-player to co-op. The graphics are awesome, the boss fights are beautiful, and the levels hold up very well to the games they're based on. If Dead Space even approaches the quality of Umbrella Chronicles I'll be happy.

Maybe its because im a massive Resident Evil fan, but I thought that Umbrella Chronicles was a great game, and im not quite sure why people hate on rails shooters so much. Especially Chronicles, which gets so much hate on these boards its unreal. And people were hyped for House of the Dead Overkill, were they not? Its not like we were ever going to get he same experience as the other systems anyway. Look at Chop Til You Drop - that game looks awful. Compare that to Dead Space Wii, which looks ten times better. Trying to copy something like Dead Rising was never going to work. Doing something from the ground up is a better idea, even if its gameplay perspective is different. If you are so desperate to get the "real thing", go buy a 360 or PS3.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#43 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
[QUOTE="Stephleref"][QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

Sums up my feeling.

:lol::lol::lol: That is awesome!! and that's an actual moment in SPM too :P
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts
[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

Stephleref

Sums up my feeling.

So friend, tell me the difference between complaining about games I've never played and hyping games I've never played? I hope you aren't excited for any wii games coming out from nintendo since we know nothing about them. Amirite??

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
Something along the lines of Killer7 movement would be nice.That said,I hope the gameplay won't be as half-baked as it was in Killer7.
WiiLover243

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 WiiLover243
Member since 2008 • 234 Posts
for wii?
flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts
I like On-Rail shooters, so I'm looking forward to this gamedespa1r_fact0r
Here here! Wii is the best console suited for rail shooters IMO. And the trailer looked great! I hope its good.
klidron02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#48 klidron02
Member since 2008 • 454 Posts
Didn't Resident Evil 4 alone take about 4 years to be developed? I remember reading somewhere that the development began back in 2001. Anyways, I agree. Just because the gameplay isn't what people were expecting, doesn't mean it won't be good. A lot of people fail to realize this, though.
NormanOfTorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 NormanOfTorn
Member since 2006 • 374 Posts

Why all the rage for third person shooters nowadays? FPSes are better anyway.

On Topic, the game looks interesting. But it is something that i can definetly pass up

Pesantez
I agree that first person shooters are better than third person shooters, but I wish this was a regular FPS-- not a rail-shooter. The game does look good so far, though.
bananaxx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 bananaxx2
Member since 2007 • 133 Posts

well i dont care much the look of the game the only thing i really care of the game is the damn gameplay and that is something that nintendo dont know do a good gameplay :?