Which generation had the worst pokemon. (poll)

• 113 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts

Definitely Generation 3... *stares at Luvdisc*Shiafiku

fixed lol

Inyorukoshiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Inyorukoshiro
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
4. I have to say there are a few that are good, but most suck. The piplup lines okay since we didn't exactly have a penguin line. The newer games have lost it's old greatness. I'm only 14 and I'vve loved pokemon for a while, and I was excited about Diamond and pearl but the pokemon suck. The only other good thing about the forth gen is probably that new Eeveelutions were introduced and I think that's about it.
2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 2chimcha3
Member since 2009 • 281 Posts

the classics were the best... although kinda didnt like the 3rd generation.

baytown91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 baytown91
Member since 2005 • 346 Posts

I think all the generations have horrible pokemon:

tentacool, diglet, tangala

dunsparse, flaffy, wooper

ludicolo, shroomish, regis

budew, drapion, bidoof

Awesome pokemon:

Charizard, Blastoise, Scyther

Feraligatr, Tyranitar, Seasel, umbreon (my all time favorite)

Absol, Aggron, Torkoal

leafeon, Luxray, Torterra (despite being the second venussaur rip-off he's a cool venusaur rip off.)

and plenty of pokemon you don't care about

You also have to keep in mind that pokemon had a huge style change after the second generation so now the new artwork of old pokemon look more like the new ones. If only they didn't do that.

That said it makes sense that the first would have the most good pokemon it has the most pokemon period.

sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#55 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts

IMO it is Gen 4

MisterG333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 MisterG333
Member since 2007 • 741 Posts

Generation 1 sucks!

*hold up flame-shield*

the_wet_mop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 the_wet_mop
Member since 2006 • 7518 Posts

[QUOTE="the_wet_mop"]

[QUOTE="nintendofreak_2"]

gasps! i still love you 3rd gen. (metagross, gardevior, flygon, jirachi, slaking, swellow, zangoose, armaldo, milotic, tropius, salamence, latias/os).

PeterPerson

SLAKING!?

that thing is hideous!

slaking is awesome. no one ever suspects him, so he gets tons of OHKO's for me. he has enough health for me to bring him in, take a hit, and switch out, then pass a wish to him from jirachi and have him own again.

also, *evil glare* at whoever didnt like drapion. he's one of my favorite 4th gen pokes, and a very solid member of my UU team.

4. I have to say there are a few that are good, but most suck. The piplup lines okay since we didn't exactly have a penguin line. The newer games have lost it's old greatness. I'm only 14 and I'vve loved pokemon for a while, and I was excited about Diamond and pearl but the pokemon suck. The only other good thing about the forth gen is probably that new Eeveelutions were introduced and I think that's about it. Inyorukoshiro

not if you play competitively. if you did, you'de know that the 4th gen is the best thing to ever happen to the competitive world. auto-leveling for balance, physical/special split, and wifi make this the best time yet to get into the competitive world

PeterPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#58 PeterPerson
Member since 2007 • 3627 Posts

[QUOTE="PeterPerson"]

[QUOTE="the_wet_mop"]

gasps! i still love you 3rd gen. (metagross, gardevior, flygon, jirachi, slaking, swellow, zangoose, armaldo, milotic, tropius, salamence, latias/os).

the_wet_mop

SLAKING!?

that thing is hideous!

slaking is awesome. no one ever suspects him, so he gets tons of OHKO's for me. he has enough health for me to bring him in, take a hit, and switch out, then pass a wish to him from jirachi and have him own again.

Slaking Pictures, Images and Photos

boobs

the_wet_mop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 the_wet_mop

[QUOTE="the_wet_mop"]

[QUOTE="PeterPerson"]

SLAKING!?

that thing is hideous!

PeterPerson

boobs

muscles? lol, i dunno. he's just sitting there like "i could own you, if i felt like it"

sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 sman3579

[QUOTE="the_wet_mop"]

[QUOTE="PeterPerson"]

SLAKING!?

that thing is hideous!

PeterPerson

boobs

OMG Peterperson is back! You have not been here in a while, long while.

Anyways, Slaking is awesome, and him picking his nose adds an extra level of awesome.

AstralDrmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 AstralDrmz
Member since 2009 • 784 Posts

budew, drapion, bidoof

baytown91

Lolreally? Diglett was amazing, and is the only ground type that I like. Flaffy is part of one of my favorite electirc families. Wooper was good, too since it's water/ground.

But, hopefully they add an evolution to Dunsparce. It looks so lonely.

sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 sman3579

Even the Starters, Legendary Trio, and Version Mascots of Gen 4are the worst looking of the Gens.

baytown91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 baytown91

[QUOTE="baytown91"]

budew, drapion, bidoof

AstralDrmz

Lolreally? Diglett was amazing, and is the only ground type that I like. Flaffy is part of one of my favorite electirc families. Wooper was good, too since it's water/ground.

Diglet is a brown lump. Id prefer cubone, sandshrew, Swampert, flygon.

I lke mareep and amphoros but not flaffy.

Poor dunsparse

PeterPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 PeterPerson

[QUOTE="PeterPerson"]

[QUOTE="the_wet_mop"]

sman3579

boobs

OMG Peterperson is back! You have not been here in a while, long while.

Anyways, Slaking is awesome, and him picking his nose adds an extra level of awesome.

I don't know about "back". I come and go. hehe

but for me: Vigoroth>Slaking

the_wet_mop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 the_wet_mop

[QUOTE="baytown91"]

budew, drapion, bidoof

AstralDrmz

im still hoping for it, and saving my shiny dunsparce until it happens (not like theres anything i could do with him now)

Even the Starters, Legendary Trio, and Version Mascots of Gen 4are the worst looking of the Gens.

sman3579

really? i liked this gen's starters. sure torterra is a venasaur rip-off, but he's way cooler looking with that tree on his back. infernape is pretty cool IMO. not much to say about empoleon, but at least its something that hasnt been done before (penguin). the trio is ok, the only one a really like is azelf, although mesprit is kinda cool too. i agree with the version mascots (except giratina)

Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#66 Cruse34
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

After Mewtwo there isn't one good one. I refuse to buy a game with the new ones

Wrecked69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

#67 Wrecked69
Member since 2008 • 869 Posts
First two generations were the best. I thought 1 was excellent and 2 was even better. Gen 3 really introduced the kiddyness of their new designes, and it was followed up in gen 4. At least G/S remakes will be amazing.
allblacks448

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 allblacks448
Member since 2009 • 88 Posts

For me this depends on how you look at this, originality of pokemon, battling/stats and looks/design

For me

Originality - Best - Gen 1

Worst - Gen 4

Comments: This is pretty obvious, when they started pokemon they had all the animals and items in the world to choose from but after each generation it is much harder to come up with unused ideas. Also for us if they resemble any previous pokemon we mark it down.

Battling/Stats - Best - Gen 1 and Gen 4

Worst - Gen 2

Comments: When you look at the real OU powerhouses the most common generation of pokemon are ones introduced in Gen 1 and Gen 4. Gen one pokemon like Gengar, Alakazam, Gyarados, Vappy etc. etc. were favourties and were halped by other generations to make them even more popular. Gen 4 has used most of the old pokemon and made them very powerful but it has also introduced original pokemon like Chompy.

Looks - Best - Gen 1

Worst - Gen 4

Comments: Gen 1 was and still is the face of pokemon (for all the fans at least). It has the awesome old school pixelated graphics but brought with it some very asthetically pleasing pokemon like IMO Butterfree, Ratata, Pikachu, Abra and even Magikarp. Pokemon like these never got old and the fact that they were never seen before helped alot. Gen 4 has pokemon like Bidoof and Starly, although they have colour and are not pixelated Bidoof pisses everyone off with its overly long teeth and starly looks like some sort of horribly drawn and cartoonised wanna be pidgy. Pokemon like Gible aren't exactly cute and others like Bronzor which is essentially a piece of copper with eyes don't contain any depth.

Conclusion: Although Gen 4 seems to be the worst imo i dislike the Gen 3 pokemon because they don't standout, they didn't bring much exitement when you first saw them because they didn't resemble anything interesting. For instance Wurmple was just another catterpillar which was coloured differently than its predecessors. Wingull was just a plain seagull with a bit of blue and Poochenya was a black dog which evolved into a bigger black dog. When compared with Houndoor this doesn't look justified but at least Houndoor evolved into Houndoom a dog with freaking HORNS!!! How awesome is that, did i mention it can breathe FIRE!. In battling they are pretty bad except for all the pokemon which were really annoying and hard to get, e.g. Skarmory (you had to put up with tons of Spinda), Salamence (it takes soo long to get into the right spot to catch bagon), Jirachi (have to go to a freaking event or use AR). The only pokemon which wasn't much of a hassle was Metagross except that he wan't available to use against the elite four. The looks were average but not much depth in each pokemon.

AB448

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Obvious trend, as you can see in the votes.. Pokemon just gets uninspiring with every generation. Still love it though.

baytown91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 baytown91

I would like to point out that Ken Sugimori designed almost every 1st and 2nd generation pokemon, but after that more people helped design them. Could this explain the sharp change in style after gen 2?

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#71 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
3rd Gen.
Will47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#72 Will47
Member since 2007 • 6824 Posts
While D/P/P are a lot of fun and I have spent about 200 hours playing them. I didn't much like their Pokemon options...
the_wet_mop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 the_wet_mop

After Mewtwo there isn't one good one. I refuse to buy a game with the new ones

Cruse34

really? i dont think anything in my current team is before mewtwo in numerical order. this is the ignorant and most closed minded way to view the discussion, and it unfortunately represents alot of people here.

AstralDrmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 AstralDrmz
Member since 2009 • 784 Posts

While D/P/P are a lot of fun and I have spent about 200 hours playing them. I didn't much like their Pokemon options...Will47
That's where gen 4 hit me hard. I didn't like any of the fire pokemon on it and I love fire types. My only choices in the beginning were Chimchar or Ponyta. I don't really enjoy either.

Yoweeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#75 Yoweeh
Member since 2008 • 3025 Posts

I think 3rd. They were just fug-ly!

1st and 2nd were the best, while 4th is okay because of Shaymin.

sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 sman3579

[QUOTE="AstralDrmz"]

[QUOTE="baytown91"]

the_wet_mop

im still hoping for it, and saving my shiny dunsparce until it happens (not like theres anything i could do with him now)

sman3579

really? i liked this gen's starters. sure torterra is a venasaur rip-off, but he's way cooler looking with that tree on his back. infernape is pretty cool IMO. not much to say about empoleon, but at least its something that hasnt been done before (penguin). the trio is ok, the only one a really like is azelf, although mesprit is kinda cool too. i agree with the version mascots (except giratina)

The only original starter was Empoleon, like you said Torterra is a venasaur rip-off while Infernape is a Blaziken rip-off.

The Trio was ok, but I thought the beast, golem, and bird trios were better.

And your right about Giratina, when in O.F., but Dialga, Palkia, and A.F. Giratina are pretty bad compared to Lugia, Ho-Oh, Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza.

oldmanriver1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 oldmanriver1
Member since 2009 • 726 Posts

[QUOTE="Will47"]While D/P/P are a lot of fun and I have spent about 200 hours playing them. I didn't much like their Pokemon options...AstralDrmz

That's where gen 4 hit me hard. I didn't like any of the fire pokemon on it and I love fire types. My only choices in the beginning were Chimchar or Ponyta. I don't really enjoy either.

Yeah the choices of new fire pokemon were really poor in the 4th gen. The only new fire pokemon was the starter and its evolutions, magmortar and heatran. Magmortar and heatran you cant get until you beat the game (in diamond and pearl) and chimchar was a starter.

Gamas101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Gamas101
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
The first is had the best. Second had the worst
darksongbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#79 darksongbird
Member since 2009 • 1237 Posts

I've only completed Gen 1 and 2, but I've played the other two, especially 3.

I hated 3 the most. It was a good game (overall), nice graphics and stuff but some of the Pokemon were fugly as hell. And unoriginal.

edit: I've played 1 and 2 the most, and enjoyed Silver the most overall. But between the two, I really don't know which I played more. Both are excellent games to this day.

game-ster23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 game-ster23
Member since 2009 • 17328 Posts

Prob. 3rd.

PeterPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 PeterPerson

There is still good pokemon within each gen.

my faves are:

gen 1: Jynx

gen 2: Sneasel

gen 3: Tropius

gen 4: Roserade

the_wet_mop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 the_wet_mop

[QUOTE="AstralDrmz"]

[QUOTE="Will47"]While D/P/P are a lot of fun and I have spent about 200 hours playing them. I didn't much like their Pokemon options...oldmanriver1

Yeah the choices of new fire pokemon were really poor in the 4th gen. The only new fire pokemon was the starter and its evolutions, magmortar and heatran. Magmortar and heatran you cant get until you beat the game (in diamond and pearl) and chimchar was a starter.

choices of fire pokemon are almost always sparse. this is largely due to the fact that there simple are not very many fire types in general. numbering 33 out of 493, including pokemon that are only part fire. in gen 1 you couldnt get a fire type until cinnabar island unless you started with charmander or chose ponyta, as growlith, magmar, and vulpix are found there. gen 3 only had the starter, torkoal, and numel to get for the main playthrough. gen 2 i dont remember well enough. you could get evee early for a flareon i know, and houndour wasnt too far in the game

baytown91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 baytown91

[QUOTE="oldmanriver1"]

[QUOTE="AstralDrmz"]That's where gen 4 hit me hard. I didn't like any of the fire pokemon on it and I love fire types. My only choices in the beginning were Chimchar or Ponyta. I don't really enjoy either.

the_wet_mop

choices of fire pokemon are almost always sparse. this is largely due to the fact that there simple are not very many fire types in general. numbering 33 out of 493, including pokemon that are only part fire. in gen 1 you couldnt get a fire type until cinnabar island unless you started with charmander or chose ponyta, as growlith, magmar, and vulpix are found there. gen 3 only had the starter, torkoal, and numel to get for the main playthrough. gen 2 i dont remember well enough. you could get evee early for a flareon i know, and houndour wasnt too far in the game

I remember in either silver or crystal you couldn't get houndour til you went to kanto, but you could get either growlith or vulpix early on.

gamefan606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#84 gamefan606
Member since 2005 • 3930 Posts
Well, up until Gen II, I was fine with the designs. When I first got R/S/E though, I was disappointed with several of the Pokemon designs (yes Mawile, this means you). Gen IV was pretty good. While most people didn't like the evolutions introduced for Pokemon from previous generations, I actually thought they were pretty good. Not great, just good. Although the cries...well their cries sound too different than their previous evolutions, which bothers me also. So it's a tough choice between Gen III and IV.
starfox15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#85 starfox15
Member since 2006 • 3988 Posts

Why all the hate for 4th gen? Anyway 3rd gen was the worst for me. There were literally 10 usable pokemon from that gen. The other was were either useless or so outclassed that it was laughable. If you played the 3rd gen, you used Salamence, Metagross, and a few others. That's it.

The 4th gen pokemon may not have been the most inventive, but they went back and rectified the mistakes from the other games and made new and usable evolutions to the other pokemon. Dusknoir, Electivire, Weavile, etc. This is an excellent idea and makes these games more fun to play when they at least attempt to balance out older versions of pokemon. But as far as gens are concerned, I'm just not fond at all of the pokemon in the 3rd gen.

the_wet_mop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 the_wet_mop

Why all the hate for 4th gen? Anyway 3rd gen was the worst for me. There were literally 10 usable pokemon from that gen. The other was were either useless or so outclassed that it was laughable. If you played the 3rd gen, you used Salamence, Metagross, and a few others. That's it.

starfox15

i wont even make a list this time. this statement simply isnt true, and you know it isnt. there are 9 3rd gen in OU play, not to mention ubers or UU.

Avatar image for Tezcatlipoca666
Tezcatlipoca666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Tezcatlipoca666
Member since 2006 • 7241 Posts

The 3rd was bad, the pokemon and the games themselves.

The 4th was an improvement over the 3rd but still wasn't up to par.

The 1st and 2nd generations had the most interesting Pokemon, there is no doubt in my mind.

starfox15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#88 starfox15
Member since 2006 • 3988 Posts

[QUOTE="starfox15"]

the_wet_mop

i wont even make a list this time. this statement simply isnt true, and you know it isnt. there are 9 3rd gen in OU play, not to mention ubers or UU.

9. Soooo my statement was... true? We're looking specifically at OU pokemon here, but you think that 9 is a decent number? Out of the 135 pokemon in 3rd gen, there are roughly 15 usable pokemon including OU and Ubers. The other ones are, like I said, novelty or just plain outclassed.

Oblivion_540

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Oblivion_540
Member since 2009 • 206 Posts

1st and 2nd are the best!!!! :D Typhlosion and Charizard woooo!!! also Dragonite hehe!! 3rd Gen lookes space orientated especially the legendaries who had matching patterns on them :roll: 4th had mostly grass/bug types and like 2 fire types :( [monferno and poynta :o] ...Gotta love the old Pokemon :D:D!!

xabu1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 xabu1
Member since 2007 • 2590 Posts

1st gen was the worst because there was an "ultimate team" for competitive battling, and there were only 2 ubers for those who play that metagame so there was no variety, but now in 4th gen, you actually have a CHOICE on which pokemon to use to make your team, in 1st gen, there was no such thing, that is why I believe that 1st gen had the worst pokemon

[QUOTE="the_wet_mop"]

[QUOTE="starfox15"]

Why all the hate for 4th gen? Anyway 3rd gen was the worst for me. There were literally 10 usable pokemon from that gen. The other was were either useless or so out****d that it was laughable. If you played the 3rd gen, you used Salamence, Metagross, and a few others. That's it.

starfox15

9. Soooo my statement was... true? We're looking specifically at OU pokemon here, but you think that 9 is a decent number? Out of the 135 pokemon in 3rd gen, there are roughly 15 usable pokemon including OU and Ubers. The other ones are, like I said, novelty or just plain out****d.

there are only like 50 OUs, so 9 is a pretty decent number, in 1st gen, there was like 6! so I wouldn't be complaining

the_wet_mop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 the_wet_mop

[QUOTE="the_wet_mop"]

[QUOTE="starfox15"]

starfox15

9. Soooo my statement was... true? We're looking specifically at OU pokemon here, but you think that 9 is a decent number? Out of the 135 pokemon in 3rd gen, there are roughly 15 usable pokemon including OU and Ubers. The other ones are, like I said, novelty or just plain out****d.

there are only like 50 OUs, so 9 is a pretty decent number, in 1st gen, there was like 6! so I wouldn't be complaining

now you've gone and made me count. heres a list

Gen-1 has 12

Gen-2 has 11

Gen 3- has 9

Gen 4 has a whopping 18. or 22, if you count rotom forms seperately.

conclusion- Gen 3 has 75% of the count Gen 1 has in OU.

EDIT: no, you're statement was not true. if you meant the OU metagame you should have said that instead of usable pokemon. there are plenty of UU pokemon that are usable, and obviously Ubers are.

Avatar image for yourtalkischeap
yourtalkischeap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#92 yourtalkischeap
Member since 2009 • 27 Posts
The first 3 generations were nice, now its just to much. I don't know a single pkmn of the new generations..
jtickner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 jtickner
Member since 2005 • 499 Posts
1st Gen > 2nd Gen > 4th Gen > 3rd Gen
gman253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 gman253
Member since 2009 • 121 Posts

All Generations are pretty good.

sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 sman3579

Cant believe how good gen. 1 is doing.

xabu1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 xabu1
Member since 2007 • 2590 Posts

[QUOTE="starfox15"]

[QUOTE="the_wet_mop"]

the_wet_mop

Gen-1 has 12

Gen-2 has 11

Gen 3- has 9

EDIT: no, you're statement was not true. if you meant the OU metagame you should have said that instead of usable pokemon. there are plenty of UU pokemon that are usable, and obviously Ubers are.

what I meant in my post was that, for OU(which is standard, so I figured that was a given) for 1st gen, there was a "standard team" and that was only 6 pokemon, and if you didn't use that team, then you would lose every match (it is on smogon) so that is why I believe that 1st gen was the worst

the_wet_mop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 the_wet_mop

[QUOTE="the_wet_mop"]

[QUOTE="starfox15"]

xabu1

Gen-1 has 12

Gen-2 has 11

Gen 3- has 9

what I meant in my post was that, for OU(which is standard, so I figured that was a given) for 1st gen, there was a "standard team" and that was only 6 pokemon, and if you didn't use that team, then you would lose every match (it is on smogon) so that is why I believe that 1st gen was the worst

i think you either misunderstood my argument or quoted the wrong person. i was arguing in favor of the third gen, not the first, by proving that it had close to the same amount of usable pokemon as every other generation.

rubber-chicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 rubber-chicken
Member since 2009 • 2081 Posts
Mawhile... (Random name, and has a banana peel thing stuck to his head. and he's steel type... wtf??) Luvdisc... (A heard shaped fish, can I say any more? :P) Kyogre... (He's just ugly!) Tropius... (We already have a few dinosaurs with a plant on their back. But wait, this one uses it's leaves to fly!! :P) Plusle and Minun... (Rip-offs of Pichu, but with different charges like batteries! :P) Gulpin and Swalot... (Rip-offs of Grimer and Muk) Haryama... (I don't know... he just looks fat and dumb! :P) Blaziken... (a giant fighting chicken! And its legs look like it has jeans on. I like torchic and combusken, but blaziken not really.) The list goes on, but whatever :P
Next-Gen-Tec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Next-Gen-Tec
Member since 2009 • 4623 Posts
I have completed Platinum on the DS, it is my least favourite Pokemon. (Though I haven't played many)
martinX3X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 martinX3X
Member since 2009 • 4488 Posts

yea 4th gen were horrible. The Pokemon people couldnt think of any new ideas so they just copied them off of real animals or previous pokemon.

My fav is the 3rd. I think it's just cuz Ruby was my first game. good memories...