When will they ever make a sequel to New Super Mario Bros.??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

serj_tankian05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 serj_tankian05
Member since 2005 • 267 Posts

They're stupid for not doing so... If they did make one, I'd like to see some yoshi slavery/Living vehicle action in there and maybe some new powers, like Machine Gun Mario.... I guess you can imagine what that would do...Get' em

KurodaMurasaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 KurodaMurasaki
Member since 2008 • 1670 Posts

It may take awhile for Nintendo to make another2D Super mario sidescroller for the DS. Mario must be the most diverse franchise ever made. I'm certain that the next title will be DSi-exclusive, though. With a Mario game, a lot of DSi features would make sense. Especially since that'll draw even more people to the DSi.

serj_tankian05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 serj_tankian05
Member since 2005 • 267 Posts

But they can make Gardening Momma and Cake Mania 2?... What a waste of time....

KurodaMurasaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 KurodaMurasaki

But they can make Gardening Momma and Cake Mania 2?... What a waste of time....

serj_tankian05

What? That's not Nintendo...

maplevin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 maplevin
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

DSi features could be:

maybe the boss is a piture of you on bowser? :O

create your own levels or buy from dsware?

Save levels in SD memory card + use own music for stage :)

scar-hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6 scar-hawk
Member since 2008 • 5404 Posts
New Super Mario Bros. was a fun game.
KurodaMurasaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 KurodaMurasaki

DSi features could be:

maybe the boss is a piture of you on bowser? :O

create your own levels or buy from dsware?

Save levels in SD memory card + use own music for stage :)

maplevin

These are some pretty cool thoughts. Brightness settings for puzzles is pretty smart.

Five Things Needed in DSi Mario

stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 stike22
Member since 2009 • 3401 Posts
I seriously don't know, I seriously thought Nintendo would have been smart enough to make a new one for the release of the DSI but no. I know Mario and Luigi RPG is supposed to be coming this year, don't know when though.
Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

1. DSi game

2. Stage and Stage Music editor

3. WiFi minigames

4. Better Graphics, more things on screen, harder difficulty

5. bigger than a 64MB game card

meiaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#10 meiaman
Member since 2006 • 3300 Posts

For now i would suggest making it only DSi-enhanced, so ds lite users can play it too. (with less features, through).

IDK, maybe on the future if a new super mario bros 3 comes out they make it dsi exclusive?

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

For now i would suggest making it only DSi-enhanced, so ds lite users can play it too. (with less features, through).

IDK, maybe on the future if a new super mario bros 3 comes out they make it dsi exclusive?

meiaman

or if they dont make it til 2010 or so. if theres 20 million DSi owners i say DSi only (as theres already 3 million DSi owners)

Luigi12901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#12 Luigi12901
Member since 2009 • 1243 Posts

If they do make a sequel, they really need to ramp up the difficulty on it...the first one was pathetically easy. :(

etmaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 etmaul
Member since 2003 • 763 Posts
I'd like to see a Mario 64 kind of game again. New Super Mario Bros was nice looking, but it lacked the depth Mario 64 and Mario Galaxy.
Avatar image for freakbabyblues-
freakbabyblues-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 freakbabyblues-
Member since 2009 • 665 Posts
[QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"]

1. DSi game

2. Stage and Stage Music editor

3. WiFi minigames

4. Better Graphics, more things on screen, harder difficulty

5. bigger than a 64MB game card

1. Great idea, especially if it was also available as DSi Ware. 2. Another great idea. 3. Yet another great idea. 4. Supposedly impossible. "RAM (random access memory) is the place in a computer where the operating system, application programs, and data in current use are kept so that they can be quickly reached by the computer's processor." That means RAM handles stuff in the background. Stuff displayed on screen is handled by VRAM(video RAM, which I completely forgot about when the DSi's graphical capabilities started being discussed) No word has been said of it being improved so you can't really assume anything at this point. Although, I did find this: [QUOTE="freakbabyblues-"] This may just be me being too observant for my own good, but I think the DSi is capable of using Alpha Channels, something the DS cannot do. Alpha is a transparency effect that involves blending an image with the background to make it look partially transparent. The DS, to emulate this effect, had holes "drilled" in the object so the background could be seen though it. This method looks kinda ugly and is only used when using aplha channels is either impossible or the appearance of the effect is desired. I came to the conclusion that the DSi could use this alpha effect by using the browser. When a page is loading, a little blue loading bar is visible at the bottom of the screen. The text on the page is still visible through the bar, but the loading bar has no holes "drilled" in it. That means the loading bar is being blended with the background(in this case the page) in real time, in other words, it's using alpha channels. This may seem like nothing, but Alpha Channels can be used to improve the overall graphical appeal of a game. Alpha Channels was one of those effects that the N64 had, which means they might have thrown some of them into the DSi(unless AC was the only one). P.S. and by "holes being drilled in the image", I mean having every other pixel of the image being transparent.

So, in conclusion, Nintendo may have done more with the DSi than they let on... But I'm not sure... 5. That'd be natural considering that the game would be lengthened. It probably would only need a 128MB card and that increases it's chances of being available as DSi Ware.
hi-buzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hi-buzz
Member since 2008 • 189 Posts

i m pretty sure a new mario game is in the works for the DSi...and the Wii ...

stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 stike22
Member since 2009 • 3401 Posts

If they do make a sequel, they really need to ramp up the difficulty on it...the first one was pathetically easy. :(

Luigi12901
Yep, i'm with you on that mate.