What's a good Harvest Moon to have for the DS/3DS besides New Beginning?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for slamminjammin69
slamminjammin69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 slamminjammin69
Member since 2006 • 1599 Posts

What's a good decent Harvest Moon game to have for the DS/3DS where I have never played a harvest moon game ever.

So what's a good decent Harvest Moon game to start out with to get used to the gameplay?

Detroit222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2 Detroit222
Member since 2005 • 5371 Posts

The best place to read about Harvest Moon is:

http://fogu.com/hm/

Provides a lot of information (and walkthroughs). I prefer Rune Factory, myself as I like a little battling with my farming. :D

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

the best one is the first rune factory. everything else on the DS/3DS is meh at best.

Avatar image for slamminjammin69
slamminjammin69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 slamminjammin69
Member since 2006 • 1599 Posts

Well the DS/3DS Harvest Moon games are easie to find in stores than trying to track down an old Playstation Harvest Moon game.

Just anwer the question.

What is a good decent Harvest Moon game for the DS/3DS to get into to get used to the gameplay?

jedinat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jedinat
Member since 2003 • 3560 Posts

Well the DS/3DS Harvest Moon games are easie to find in stores than trying to track down an old Playstation Harvest Moon game.

Just anwer the question.

What is a good decent Harvest Moon game for the DS/3DS to get into to get used to the gameplay?

slamminjammin69
I don't understand why you want a recommendation besides New Beginning. No reason not to get the latest (and widely considered, one of the greatest). If you want to save some bucks because you just want to try HM out briefly... emulation.
famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
A New Beginning is by far the best farming-focused Harvest Moon since A Wonderful Life on Gamecube. The Rune Factory games are the way to go if you want more RPG elements, but there's no reason to look at anything other than A New Beginning for farm games.