What would you want from a sequel to Mario+Rabids?

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

User Lists: 0

#1 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Like many, I picked the original up during one of the eShop's sales, and I was actually floored by how much I enjoyed it. I'd heard it was fun for sure, but I didn't expect it to suck me in like it did, to the point that I wound up 100%ing it, and am very close to 100%ing the DLC (just got one more challenge map). Loved the balance (although I wish the Yoshi, Rabbid Yoshi, and Peach were more viable for end game stuff) and loved the map design, and I'm just gonna say it, I loved the Rabbid Mario characters as well. That being said, my go to team was Mario, Luigi for his absolutely Godly sniping, and rabbid Mario for his ability to take out multiple enemies at once.

That being said, here's some things I'd love to see in a potential sequel (when the hell is that happening?)

- Expanded roster (duh) and maybe the ability to customize your team more (if not the ability to get rid of Mario, maybe make him more tweakable than other characters). Maybe give us Wario/rabbid Wario and Waluigi/rabbid Waluigi?

- More boss fights that don't rely on Overwatch abilities (where your party shoots enemies who move in radius of them)

- Better character balance (as I said, I barely used either Yoshi unit of Peach in the end game---there were very specific party set ups that worked wonders, and they were almost never a part of it)

- More finely balanced maps

- A randomly generated mode that creates challenge maps you can replay over and over again. My biggest complaint was that once you've done a map to its fullest extent, there was very little reason to return

What about you? What do you want to see in a potential sequel?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

I enjoyed the first half of the game, but I got to a point (not sure if it was just me?) where I kind of hit a wall. I wasn't levelled up enough and was getting hammered. So I assume I had to grind through levels to raise my stats? I just played through the campaign normally.

It kind of ruined the game for me.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26098 Posts

Rayman.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#4 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

@hrt_rulz01: Assuming you're able to reach the par on most stages, there should be very little grinding involved on your part. I was able to get through the game without any grinding, and the game is designed in a way such that as long as you keep up with upgrades and equipment, the battles play out almost as puzzles to solve rather than turn based shooting fights.

I have a friend that has said he's hit a wall as well, that the game became too hard for him. To each their own, but I loved the difficulty. It felt more or less just right, with a fantastic curve and by the end I truly felt like I was using everything I'd learned up to that point.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@turtlethetaffer said:

@hrt_rulz01: Assuming you're able to reach the par on most stages, there should be very little grinding involved on your part. I was able to get through the game without any grinding, and the game is designed in a way such that as long as you keep up with upgrades and equipment, the battles play out almost as puzzles to solve rather than turn based shooting fights.

I have a friend that has said he's hit a wall as well, that the game became too hard for him. To each their own, but I loved the difficulty. It felt more or less just right, with a fantastic curve and by the end I truly felt like I was using everything I'd learned up to that point.

Yeah sounds like I'm in the same boat as your friend... I felt like I was pretty thorough with searching the areas and collecting everything I could. And I upgraded as often as I could. But I hit a certain level, and just kept getting my arse kicked. So not sure.

I remember I looked online at the time to see what I was doing wrong, and they pretty much suggested you had to do a bit of grinding to level up more. And I hate that sh*t, so I gave up. Which was a shame because I really enjoyed it up to that point.