What would you prefer? A new Zelda or a remake?

• 89 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bangaaslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Bangaaslayer
Member since 2008 • 59 Posts

In my personal opinion I would prefer a new Zelda game over a remake? What is your opinion on this and which remake would you like to see be remade? (If you prefer a remake)

slickpimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 slickpimp
Member since 2005 • 157 Posts
i would love to see a twilight princess looking version the legend of zelda a link to the past. that would be awesome
SPD_WeBmAsTaH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 SPD_WeBmAsTaH
Member since 2004 • 2668 Posts
Obviously a new game is in need. All the other Zelda games are perfect just the way they are therefore they don't need to be updated nor even touched. Enjoy them the way they are, as there aren't any other games like them.
Bangaaslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Bangaaslayer

Obviously a new game is in need. All the other Zelda games are perfect just the way they are therefore they don't need to be updated nor even touched. Enjoy them the way they are, as there aren't any other games like them.SPD_WeBmAsTaH

I completely agree with your opinion, but there are a lot of people that would love a remake.

Norgfiction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Norgfiction
Member since 2008 • 29 Posts
Definatly prefer a new game with a new storyline, although a 3D Link to the past would be amazing if done right, Would feel like a new game.
euphzilla03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 euphzilla03
Member since 2007 • 395 Posts

While remakes would be cool I'd like to see new ones more..I'd really like to see some wii ware ones in the old 8bit or 16bit style..seeing how retro is suddenly in again.

radicalplace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 radicalplace
Member since 2005 • 2010 Posts

Depends which Zelda game is remade. OoA and OoS remake for the DS then I say yes to remake. OoT? No, because it won't gain anything worth the time spent in production.

On average though most games wouldn't be well spent remakes so I'll go with a new Zelda, but keep the possibility of any zelda games when thinking about remakes, not just te big releases.

Bangaaslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Bangaaslayer
I always secretly hoped Ocarina of Time would be remade. LOL
Dr_Corndog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 Dr_Corndog
Member since 2004 • 3245 Posts
Why would I want a remake when I could just go back to the original?
Bangaaslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Bangaaslayer

Why would I want a remake when I could just go back to the original?Dr_Corndog

Some people experience a nostalgic rush when they see their favorite moments in higher quality graphics.

Junior_AIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 132

User Lists: 1

#11 Junior_AIN
Member since 2007 • 4703 Posts
Of course a new game, people today are getting so used to remakes that it's scary just to see a question like this being asked.
Bangaaslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Bangaaslayer

Of course a new game, people today are getting so used to remakes that it's scary just to see a question like this being asked.Junior_AIN

Not all remakes are all that great.

Bangaaslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Bangaaslayer

Of course a new game, people today are getting so used to remakes that it's scary just to see a question like this being asked.Junior_AIN

Not all remakes are all that great.

PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts
I'd pay $100 to play A Link to the Past in 3D.
radicalplace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 radicalplace
I really cant imagine much being added in a remake of OoT.
tommy--F

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tommy--F
Member since 2008 • 502 Posts

Obviously a new game is in need. All the other Zelda games are perfect just the way they are therefore they don't need to be updated nor even touched. Enjoy them the way they are, as there aren't any other games like them.SPD_WeBmAsTaH

I agree man. I don't understand people's desire to play the same old game with upgraded graphics? I would rather developers spend their time creating something new rather than retreading old ground.

Also, (and I can't speak for others on this) for me personally, if things were changed it would destroy the feeling I get when playing the games. For example, to this day I can boot up Ocarina of Time and all the memories/nostalgia/feelings come rushing back because everything is as it was the first time I played it. If they "upgraded" the game, it wouldn't feel the same. It is often slight imperfections that give things more charm ie the way Link's nose and ears are sharp triangles etc. and polishing everything up to look "prettier" would give the game a completely different feel.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#17 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
Wii need a new Zelda game hands down. Something with an original formula. I like nostalgia but we got that from Minish Cap/Twilight Princess recently.
xXTalismanXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 xXTalismanXx
Member since 2008 • 916 Posts

How about a new Zelda game with a remake inside of the game case?

slimdave21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 slimdave21
Member since 2003 • 2646 Posts

New Of course.

I already own and have played the hell out of every other Zelda.

meinink2y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 meinink2y
Member since 2007 • 657 Posts
NEW!!!!!!!!!
Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts
Out with the past,in with the new!
AdRock92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 AdRock92
Member since 2007 • 1616 Posts
A new one of course. While I definately want a new 3d zelda, I think it would be pretty rad if Nintendo made a 2d (top-down) Zelda game for wiiware.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
No remakes, bring on the new Zelda, theres no need to revisit the past with a fresh coat of paint.
BubbyJello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BubbyJello
Member since 2007 • 2750 Posts
....both?
Toro_Nev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 Toro_Nev
Member since 2008 • 1074 Posts

Agreed

AAwiidog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 AAwiidog
Member since 2008 • 974 Posts
definetly a new one
hellhund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hellhund
Member since 2003 • 1984 Posts
If Nintendo is going to pump out a new, high investment game, I want it to be a new IP or a restart for something from pre-GC. Zelda needs a little time off.
blankshore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#28 blankshore
Member since 2008 • 1809 Posts
I would like a new game, obviously. But I think it'd be cool to have a 3-D version of the Minish Cap
nnfnnfnfnnfnnf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 nnfnnfnfnnfnnf
Member since 2007 • 188 Posts
New!
Masterx1220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Masterx1220
Member since 2005 • 2426 Posts
i would rather have a new game wouldn't you. if i want any game to be remade is sonic 2 and sonic 3&K
-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 -Oath
Member since 2008 • 8014 Posts
Either a 3D remake of my all-time fav Zelda, A Link to the Past, or a New Zelda.
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#32 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts
I am completely in luvvv with MM; i would embrace an MM remake or recolouring or rerelease or whatever.
Otherwise, new :D
And if it stays close to the formula that's ok with me too, cause i love it.
Nevlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Nevlim
Member since 2007 • 5312 Posts
i want a new one but if they make TP master quest i wont complain
Kuhu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Kuhu
Member since 2004 • 2845 Posts

I am completely in luvvv with MM; i would embrace an MM remake or recolouring or rerelease or whatever.
Otherwise, new :D
And if it stays close to the formula that's ok with me too, cause i love it.
KungfuKitten

You and me are going to get along just fine

radicalplace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 radicalplace

I'm suprised people aren't jumping the idea of the oracle games being remade, so much could be improved for them.

I to love MM but a remake wouldn't gain it much. Reguardless I would have to buy it first day it coems out, easy money for nintendo.

Avatar image for garrett_duffman
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#36 garrett_duffman
Member since 2004 • 10684 Posts

Either a 3D remake of my all-time fav Zelda, A Link to the Past, or a New Zelda.-Oath

this. exactly this.

-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 -Oath

[QUOTE="-Oath"]Either a 3D remake of my all-time fav Zelda, A Link to the Past, or a New Zelda.garrett_duffman

this. exactly this.

You're a smart man my friend.

garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 garrett_duffman
[QUOTE="garrett_duffman"]

[QUOTE="-Oath"]Either a 3D remake of my all-time fav Zelda, A Link to the Past, or a New Zelda.-Oath

this. exactly this.

you have excellent taste my friend lol, ALLTP was probably like... the longest zelda game ive played, just BSing around, in TP i get the story done with, and have no will to play. i STILL havent beatn ALLTP because i always get side tracked doing random stuff ( but that moth boss is hard as heck when you run out of magic for the fire rod all the time lol ) ive got it on SNES and ive been meaning to play for a week or so now

-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 -Oath
[QUOTE="-Oath"][QUOTE="garrett_duffman"]

[QUOTE="-Oath"]Either a 3D remake of my all-time fav Zelda, A Link to the Past, or a New Zelda.garrett_duffman

this. exactly this.

you have excellent taste my friend lol, ALLTP was probably like... the longest zelda game ive played, just BSing around, in TP i get the story done with, and have no will to play. i STILL havent beatn ALLTP because i always get side tracked doing random stuff ( but that moth boss is hard as heck when you run out of magic for the fire rod all the time lol ) ive got it on SNES and ive been meaning to play for a week or so now

Lol, you play it like I do. There are SOOO many items and secrets outside of dungeons to get and they're just so fun to get, I love it.

You havent beat it!? Your only at the 3rd dark world temple! The game gets soooo much better (and more difficult) from there. Try getting a bottle with some magic potion when you fight the moth, your definately gonna need it, he's an extreme pain in the ass. Trust me, once you beat him, youll be addicted to the game again, lol.

But yep, ALttP is great, I replay it more than any game I have.

Bangaaslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Bangaaslayer
A Link to the Past would be amazing lol but I would love re-playing Majora's Mask as a port lol
Cheagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Cheagle
Member since 2007 • 172 Posts
super easy question, a new Zelda
ekalbtwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#42 ekalbtwin
Member since 2007 • 1044 Posts

[QUOTE="SPD_WeBmAsTaH"]Obviously a new game is in need. All the other Zelda games are perfect just the way they are therefore they don't need to be updated nor even touched. Enjoy them the way they are, as there aren't any other games like them.tommy--F

I agree man. I don't understand people's desire to play the same old game with upgraded graphics? I would rather developers spend their time creating something new rather than retreading old ground.

Also, (and I can't speak for others on this) for me personally, if things were changed it would destroy the feeling I get when playing the games. For example, to this day I can boot up Ocarina of Time and all the memories/nostalgia/feelings come rushing back because everything is as it was the first time I played it. If they "upgraded" the game, it wouldn't feel the same. It is often slight imperfections that give things more charm ie the way Link's nose and ears are sharp triangles etc. and polishing everything up to look "prettier" would give the game a completely different feel.

Some games can be redone, its just most shoulden't be and zelda is one of them. the cube RE remake was the greatrst remake ever, but RE type games are more... remake...able Iguess. If you are going to put out the kind of time and $ it would take to redo AlttP just make an all new one instead.

Bangaaslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Bangaaslayer
Yeah but I was thinking about some kind of re-make to come along with the new Zelda. Like Master Quest for Wind Waker.
gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11998 Posts
I never considered a remake before but I would like to see Zelda II or Zeda OoT remade.
alphamale1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 alphamale1989
Member since 2008 • 3134 Posts

I think Nintendo could do both if they wanted to. Remaking a game doesn't take the same recsorces as making an original.

Bangaaslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Bangaaslayer

I wish Nintendo had included some sort of goodies with Twilight Princess but it didn't so now I'm hoping for the next one.

radicalplace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 radicalplace

Why does everyone want an OoT remake? I expect a remake to pack in a whole lot of new content and refine the previous content. Link's Awakening and especially the Oracle games are screaming for this.

I sort of understand AlttP being remade but not OoT, an OoT remake would be worthless.

Bangaaslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Bangaaslayer
Thats true. There are other Zelda games other than Ocarina of Time that need a remake.
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 garrett_duffman
[QUOTE="garrett_duffman"][QUOTE="-Oath"][QUOTE="garrett_duffman"]

[QUOTE="-Oath"]Either a 3D remake of my all-time fav Zelda, A Link to the Past, or a New Zelda.-Oath

this. exactly this.

Lol, you play it like I do. There are SOOO many items and secrets outside of dungeons to get and they're just so fun to get, I love it.

You havent beat it!? Your only at the 3rd dark world temple! The game gets soooo much better (and more difficult) from there. Try getting a bottle with some magic potion when you fight the moth, your definately gonna need it, he's an extreme pain in the ass. Trust me, once you beat him, youll be addicted to the game again, lol.

[QUOTE="garrett_duffman"][QUOTE="-Oath"][QUOTE="garrett_duffman"]

this. exactly this.

lol how have i not thought of that?

BigBen11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 BigBen11111
Member since 2003 • 1529 Posts
I'm not sure if anyone said it first before me but, know how they made the Super Mario All Stars, I would love to see it be done the same for Zelda 1 & 2, with more improved 2-d graphics.