What Nintendo should have made for Zelda's 25th Anniversary

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts

I understand that Skyward Sword is coming out this fall and I'm excited for it. I also do understand that the New Play Control games didn't do so well. But I would have enjoyed playing The Wind Waker with the Wii-mote.

Imagine replaying one of the most artistic GC games ever made with TP style controls and a refined aiming system that is based on SS (with Wii motion plus support). Also, imagine using the motion controls to play songs with the baton. Replaying the game in 16x9 would make sailing the seven seas more fun.

Heck, they can make limited copies in case anyone pre-orders SS just how they made limited copies of Master Quest for WW.

Would any of you like that? And why?

B0WS3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 B0WS3R
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I would be all over that, I have had SS reserved for a while now. I'd like them to make a gold 3DS.
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
I would have liked a collection that has LttP (I lost my GBA cartridge, so that's the only console Zelda I'm missing), but the more and more I think about it, the concert is extremely irresistible. Hopefully they are going to do one near Toronto, and hopefully I will have a friend to go with me.
Leadtaco2o9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Leadtaco2o9
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I'd get it no doubt. Maybe on the Wii U's virtual console there will be gamecube games that make use of the Wii controller. I highly doubt Nintendo would be nice enough to do so though. :(
Bubble_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 Bubble_Man
Member since 2006 • 3100 Posts

I would have liked to see a 3D game done in the artistic style of the NES original. That would be freakin' sweet. As for motion controls, they're good for aiming projectiles and stuff, but I'd rather just push a button for the sword slashes.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34703 Posts

WW was perfect as it was. Adding motion controls to it would probably just annoy me rather than make the game more fun.

Avatar image for just_nonplussed
just_nonplussed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#7 just_nonplussed
Member since 2006 • 4130 Posts

i think the answer is obvious..

a giant epona made out of jelly. inside there is a chocolate master sword. only available on club nintendo for a billion points. japan only.

ShadowofSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 ShadowofSonic
Member since 2009 • 24616 Posts

I liked TP more than Wind waker. Still loved WW thought!

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#9 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
Although I like your idea with WindWaker, since I never played it ( :? ), I'm still fine with the soundtrack.
rubber-chicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rubber-chicken
Member since 2009 • 2081 Posts
I hope the Club Nintendo Platinum prize is Zelda-related! :D
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

I hope the Club Nintendo Platinum prize is Zelda-related! :Drubber-chicken
I hope the Gold Prize in Zelda related though I doubt I will get it I still need to purchase one game before July 1st.

AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 AlmightyDerek
Member since 2002 • 4144 Posts

Yeah I've been waiting on a Wii port of Wind Waker (both for controls and widescreen) for a few years now. I've been holding off on replaying the original for that time because I wanted to go a while without playing it so when the port comes out it would feel more new. I gave up on that after this E3 though. If it was going to be announced at all that would have been the last time it could have. Nintendo has pretty much given up on the Wii, so if there ever is an enhanced port of it, it will be a while. So at some point soon I'll replay the original. I was personally hoping for a remake of Zelda 1 for the anniversary. That game needs a remake more than any other game in the series.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

Motion Plus controls would force them to redo the entire combat system, but without changing the enemies, the extra precision would be pointless. And since it took them years to refine the controls in Skyward Sword, I think wanting Motion Plus in Wind Waker is asking a bit much.

Regular Wii controls would be fine, though. It could use the accelerometer for conducting the winds, which would be fun, and a simple waggle for sword controls to replace the A button.

Wind Waker is good enough with a GC controller, though, and it already looks fine in 480p and widescreen (on either the GC or Wii). The orchestral soundtrack is more appealing to me.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#14 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I wouldn't buy the WW, I still have my GC copy and it runs like a dream. I would prefer a Gold triforce 3DS, I would totally buy that.