What makes Animal Crossing: Wild World so addictive?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#1 Essian
Member since 2007 • 3444 Posts

So I've heard that this is a really great game to pick up, and with Xmas on Sunday I might get it with gift card money... but what makes it so damn good? Just wondering if anyone can help me understand why this game is worth buying...

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
Wild World was awesome for me because of my awesome circle of friends I had to "play" with online.
Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#3 Spinnerweb
Member since 2009 • 2995 Posts

Nothing; it's absolutely revolting. It's more of a grind to get through the game: run around to this house and that as a hideous character with a puny red nose that makes them look like a drunk.

:P

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ZumaJones07
You also get to listen to KK on Saturday evenings. That's worth $25 of the game. ;)
pikaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 pikaby
Member since 2006 • 12720 Posts

Catching expensive bugs in the summer nights then cashing it in all the next day.

Best days ever.

gokuofheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gokuofheaven
Member since 2004 • 3452 Posts
I guess the excitement of knowing what the stores will be selling the next day. Collecting hats, glasses, and furniture. Lot of people used the cheats to duplicate the items and trade online so it got a little out of hand at one point.
greenskittles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 greenskittles
Member since 2011 • 661 Posts

Umm ... I haven't played Animal Crossing forlike 4 years now I think so I can't give you a fresh perspective but I do remember picking it up and loving it for the first few weeks. I just couldn't put it down. It's odd because games like Minecraft and The Sims which I have no interest in but Animal Crossing hooked me like crazy.

I guess you could say the NPCs are cool to hang out with, always something new to say, some leave, some go and then you get sad. You also start off with a crappy house, then after a while you build it up to look like a modern marvel. Collecting bugs and fish, other cool treasure and a million hidden secrets are neat. Again the odd thing is you can do that in a lot of games but I guess Animal Crossing finds a great balance and that Nintendo magic to top it off makes it a great game. I'm actually looking forward to the 3DS game.

I wouldn't get Wild World. It's a great game but whats the point if Animal Crossing 3DS is coming next year? It's going to be bigger, have more features, shops and a beach, plus it will look better. Playing Wild World now, in my opinion is just going dampen the experience of the next game which is coming soon. I say wait.

gokuofheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gokuofheaven
Member since 2004 • 3452 Posts

Umm ... I haven't played Animal Crossing forlike 4 years now I think so I can't give you a fresh perspective but I do remember picking it up and loving it for the first few weeks. I just couldn't put it down. It's odd because games like Minecraft and The Sims which I have no interest in but Animal Crossing hooked me like crazy.

I guess you could say the NPCs are cool to hang out with, always something new to say, some leave, some go and then you get sad. You also start off with a crappy house, then after a while you build it up to look like a modern marvel. Collecting bugs and fish, other cool treasure and a million hidden secrets are neat. Again the odd thing is you can do that in a lot of games but I guess Animal Crossing finds a great balance and that Nintendo magic to top it off makes it a great game. I'm actually looking forward to the 3DS game.

I wouldn't get Wild World. It's a great game but whats the point if Animal Crossing 3DS is coming next year? It's going to be bigger, have more features, shops and a beach, plus it will look better. Playing Wild World now, in my opinion is just going dampen the experience of the next game which is coming soon. I say wait.

greenskittles
I dis-agree about not picking up Wild World. Although the 3DS version will be new, the older ones still hold their value and time. There are tons of people that still play the Gamecube version including me. Wild World is definitely worth picking up now if you can find it.
Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#9 Essian
Member since 2007 • 3444 Posts

greenskittles
I really enjoy games like the Sims and Minecraft, and I am the kind of guy who grinds professions in World of Warcraft and spends time buying and upgrading all the houses in the Elder Scrolls games, so I feel like Animal Crossing is up my alley. Plus, its a whole year til the next one comes out, so if I wanted to play one now, why wouldn't I pick one up?
Aquat1cF1sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Aquat1cF1sh
Member since 2006 • 11096 Posts
It's basically the biggest collect-a-thon ever, and what you can "collect" (catching fish, finishing furniture sets, etc.) changes depending on the time of day, the day of the week itself, and the month. So there's always this incentive to play because you might not be able to get anymore of _____ in a few hours. Personally I like it a lot because it's relaxing and puts me in a good mood. :)
elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
thats one of the few unknown questions in life there is just something about that game that most can't put down
CCpotter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#12 CCpotter
Member since 2011 • 134 Posts

For all it has, the picture, the music, and the game itself

XeroEX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

#13 XeroEX
Member since 2008 • 495 Posts

I like the freedom of the game. There is no set goal. Once the game starts, you're free to do whatever you want.

Kocelot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 Kocelot
Member since 2011 • 816 Posts

this game is an absolute BORE. it starts off with a good impression.

but ur basically left with nothing as u have to do tedious things as fish, pick fruits and dig for random fossils and sell them.

side jobs/quests are rare and only occasional. its basically a pick up and play for 10 minutes a day game.

backtowar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#15 backtowar
Member since 2011 • 289 Posts

but ur basically left with nothing as u have to do tedious things as fish, pick fruits and dig for random fossils and sell them.

side jobs/quests are rare and only occasional. its basically a pick up and play for 10 minutes a day game.

Kocelot

half an hour a day when you're done upgarding your house

but visiting tom nooks shop daily for me is a joy

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ZumaJones07

[QUOTE="Kocelot"]

backtowar

half an hour a day when you're done upgarding your house

but visiting tom nooks shop daily for me is a joy

Factor in going online to go to other people's towns and you tack-on hours of gameplay.