What is nintendos customer service like?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

megastarjosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 megastarjosh
Member since 2007 • 744 Posts

hi all,

I have had many problems with my DS lite and it has got to the point where i need it replacing. I was wondering if anyone had ever contacted their customer service and if possible, returned a ds lite. If you have returned a ds, can you tell me what happens. thanks.

_christoph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 _christoph
Member since 2006 • 1537 Posts

i have had to return 4 or 5 ds lites because they kept sending me broken ones.  basically you phone them up and tell them what problem you are experiances and they tell you some address then you go down to the post office and send them your ds. in 5-7 business days you will get a refurbished ds back.

their customer service for the most part is great but you will get the occassional idiot. if you are sending it back because of dead pixels or some cracks. you may get a idiot who tells you they will not repair it under warranty but you can pay 50 or so dollars to get it repaired. if this happens just hang up and phone them again until you get someone who will replace it under warranty for you

megastarjosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 megastarjosh
ok. thanks. u sure were unlucky to have to return 5 ds lites. Do they send you a new DS Lite or a Broken one that they have repaired?
fastvipa14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 fastvipa14
Member since 2004 • 4247 Posts
i told them about it on their website and they sended me this prepaid return label. now all i have to do is send my ds in. my screen looks cracked when i open it from sleep mode, the edge below touch screen opens up, and the touch screen has scratches.
megastarjosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 megastarjosh

so what is the best way i should first contact them?

fastvipa14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 fastvipa14
Member since 2004 • 4247 Posts
You could go to their website or just call them on the phone. The phone number is in the site.
GorillazFan67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 GorillazFan67
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I totally vote for calling them.
I had to send back my DS Lite with a cracked hinge, and when I called I immediately was talking to a real, knowledgeable person.

On a Saturday no less.

I think that it is a lot easier to just talk to one of them over the phone rather than email, although they do reply very quickly.

megastarjosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 megastarjosh
i think i will call them then. wish me luck!
Greencrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Greencrash
Member since 2005 • 886 Posts
the guy i spoke to was nice and helpful and did not send an army of questions like some other companies, he was told me what to do  and  a few days later i sent my ds when i got it back it was perfect.
Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#10 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts
There customer service is great. The durability/defect rate on the DSL's however is not so great.